Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2008 12:31 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha. Char and Bright shaking hands. They've really turned Bright into a clown.

Also: awesome super mega bazooka.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Apr 23, 2009 3:10 PM

Mar 2009
Nice ep, the bazooka was awesome, I just wish it'd hit. Mobile Armor, first apperance in Zeta.
Cihan said:
Haha. Char and Bright shaking hands. They've really turned Bright into a clown.
Ya that's great, Bright is clueless. And the Fah reunion was epic, damn Basque!!! Urahara Out!!
Oct 13, 2009 8:11 PM

Feb 2009
This episode was awesome! That golden Gundam is kickass.

Also nice Bazooka =D

Man I kinda feel sorry for bright, he is so clueless
Nov 1, 2009 11:57 PM

Jul 2008
so now they're off the moon, but they rescue bright from some new mobile armor, and kamille is met by childhood friend, thats about it. plus new mini mobile suits
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 30, 2010 4:01 PM

May 2008
Char's golden Gundam with that mega bazooka was epic~
Bright indeed looks like a fool shaking hands with Char~
Aug 10, 2010 10:39 PM

Sep 2009
Looks like the Argama has a new Captain!
Nov 23, 2010 9:29 AM

Aug 2009
Bright joins the party yay!!
Dec 18, 2010 7:10 AM

Sep 2009
Nice action, nice reunion, nice Bright. My favorite episode thus far.
Jan 4, 2011 12:32 PM

Aug 2009
Hey, Bright, Hi Bright, Yo Bright!

I think Quattro was giving Bright a clue as to his identity. I like them both, I want them to get along just right =D
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jan 21, 2012 12:41 PM

Apr 2009
fuck that bask guy he is worse then any type of terrorist ....
Jan 22, 2012 6:31 AM

May 2009
Bask sucks...

The serie only gets better.
Dec 17, 2012 4:34 AM

Jul 2012
Awesome episode.
Apr 28, 2013 3:31 PM

Nov 2011
Oh wow. Bright actually shook Char's hand. If only he knew. :s

Living in space would be so fun. I was very cool whenever Fa glomped Kamille and sent them off whirling to the ceiling.
Oct 9, 2013 10:10 PM

Sep 2008
Woot Bright!

I love how that one mobile suit just kicked those mini suits away. xD
Feb 20, 2014 1:47 PM

Sep 2013
I liked the SuperMegaBazooka.
Jul 3, 2014 12:34 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!!

I'm glad Kamille is learning to respect his superiors now, compared to Amuro which took him 5+ episodes just to mature.

He looks like Amuro when he was fixing Haro ^^

So Hayku Shiki is the name of Char's new suit :)

I see the Kanji "Hyaku" from the shoulders so it must be the true name!

That bazooka is big as hell! I wonder why did that mysterious guy made Char pressured as hell.

Lol Char is probably hinting who he maybe, but Bright has no clue.

Fa returns! She really does reminds me of Frau Bow. Damn titans will probably kill her parents soon.

I really should stop watching the PV's. Their spoiling it too much!! This will be the last one like the one i did when they revealed Matilda's death prior to the episode airing!!!

Can't wait either way!!
Dec 28, 2014 10:13 PM

Jan 2013
I ship Fa and Camille, he should go for that, but going by the preview it looks like Camille's going to be a bitch to her too.

Sigh, I feel like I'm just watching this for the lols, Camille being a psychotic bitch, Char being the "good guy" and easygoing lieutenant, Bright getting his ass kicked by subordinates, Amuro chilling in his swanky mansion with his fancy butler. I'm not taking this series entirely seriously, is that bad?

Dec 28, 2014 10:15 PM

Oct 2008
brianez said:
I'm not taking this series entirely seriously, is that bad?

Yes its bad,drop it as fast as possible.
May 7, 2015 12:49 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Bright's here!
Poor Bright; Zeta series hasn't been kind to him at all.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 30, 2015 9:16 AM

Nov 2013
Char saving Bright's life. How ironic.
Aug 4, 2015 10:12 PM

Nov 2011
If only Bright knew who he was shaking hands with. What irony.

Mixed feelings about Fa showing up again, but I suppose it was inevitable considering that she's in the ED.

The AEUG has a pretty decent fleet. Nine ships might not be much compared to the entire Federation, but that might be enough to take down Jaburo.

It sounds like we're about to get our first upgrade.
Nov 8, 2015 6:51 PM

Jul 2015
It's weird, bright doesn't know that quattro is char but he still called him commander...
Dec 23, 2015 2:39 PM
May 2012
First 15 minutes: absolutely nothing happens. Then, suddenly... did he just say Bright!? >Two minutes later: BRIGHT!!!

So, about the last four minutes of the episode:
-Was that a Zeon character? Was he a newtype? What was his purpose? What..?
-Bright and Char shaking hands was amazing. Going from mortal enemies to "old friends" is just really neat. I am 95% sure Bright knows that Char is Char.
-Kamille's old girlfriend getting involved is particularly interesting, and I am very curious to see where they are going with this.
-The crew consisting from a large part of civilians is what i consider a Gundam staple, even if I have only seen a single series of the franchise. I am extremely happy that this ship now also has a large amount of civilian characters.

All in all, this was a horribly paced episode, but I loved the ending ^_^

Feb 18, 2016 9:29 AM
Nov 2015
The action in this me is a little convoluted compared to 79, I feel lots of suits get introduced with little explanation of what makes them unique. Also, watching the giant bazooka, it makes me wonder how influential this series was to American comic artist Rob Liefeld. Huge weapons, and lots of lines, seems he got a lot from here.

Hope they introduce villains more interesting than the Titans, the seem kind of dull. Happy to see Bright, and I agree that he knows it's Char. I miss the 79 characters and hope they take center stage at some point.
Apr 8, 2016 7:35 AM

Dec 2015
This lapsus from Bright ^^ Glad he knows he is shaking the hand of the White Base's nemesis.
Fa... I have a bad feeling about this childhood "friends" reunion. Will this lead to more drama from the hero? Getting his "previous girl" back will prevent all his attempts to catch Emma. (or Reccoa if she comes back after her spying trip).
And this new mysterious (newtype?) pilot in his mysterious mobile armor awakens my curiosity (Titans are boring tyrants).

The end made the episode a lot better. But this is really a festival of mecha models -_- The mini workers were fine, but how many models were already introduced in only 10 episodes? It makes it feel like this is more about robots than about anything else. I miss 0079 political intrigues, power contests and war drama. Is this the influence of Bandai taking over the show ?

4/5

Now, it is probably only a matter of a few episodes to get Amuro and maybe Kai back! (of course Bright MUST stay)
Rei_IIIApr 8, 2016 7:42 AM
Oct 13, 2016 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
It is magnificent event management, so dynamic and not so formal narration, it seems very true what you see during the episode. Great clash of mecha, Kamille seems already a veteran. Funny the nickname given by the enemy to Char, during the clash.
Oct 23, 2016 10:50 PM

Jun 2013
Not that much really happened this episode, but the build up was nice and 5he reunion with fa was sweet.
Nov 10, 2016 2:37 PM

May 2012
Damn that ending! Really nice episode, let's see what's next!
Jan 21, 2017 7:09 AM

Dec 2015
I'm curious if Bright'll actually notice since he referred to Char as Captain (I understand that this is only because Char obviously does give off the impression to be one but still); hopefully he'll find out soon (so far he hasn't been treated very well :S)

Looks like there'll be a lot of unnecessary love drama during the next few episodes...

It would've been interesting if Fa would actually resent Kamille and be angry at him because of her parents abduction but I guess that would've also been unnecessary drama

Also since that Matilda spoiler in season 1 I should've avoided the preview but unfortunately I paid attention to the preview this time around as well :/

(P.S.: I know that pretty much everyone besides me hated Amuro and immediately embraced Kamille; but I really miss Amuro and I wish he'd return as a main character although I know it's not gonna happen...)
Dec 19, 2017 1:27 PM

Feb 2012
Bright's shuttle showing up is pretty convenient, but I'm glad to see Fa and him back the story so I don't mind much. Beyond that, this episode shows how messy the plot has become. Zeta Gundam is doing what it can to add a political aspect to the setting, but the setting is still too vague to allow those political points to have much weight. My hope is that more episodes will provide some clarity that will answer the issues I currently have.

Kamille Bidan Kill Count:
0 Kills this episode
4 Kills total
Jan 10, 2018 6:01 PM

May 2015
Hmm... the show needs to answer some questions as to why would Titans join the remaining people of Principality of Zeon (one of Quattro concern) because I thought that Titans hate Zeon unless I miss something... also even if they are a rank higher than some Earth Federation higher ups would let them use some of this Zeon like tactics more so not stop them if they are running wild, put them down like the rabid dogs they are.
May 6, 2018 1:34 PM

Nov 2016
Yeah, the handshake between Bright and Char made me also chuckle.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 6, 2019 9:11 AM

Sep 2012
"There's a chance that the Republic of Zeon may join forces with the Titans." Char, do you even remember why tf the Titans were formed? o___0 That is exactly the opposite of their mission.
Sep 13, 2019 9:25 AM

Apr 2014
was wondering when Fa would show up again, got pretty lucky tbh

also lol at blight and char all good with each other but then again they never did see each other so makes sense
"one step at a time"
May 25, 2020 4:14 PM

Aug 2017
This episode started with the same sequence as ep. 5 and 8. Oh well.

By the way, why did Blex disappear for the last few episodes? He was the most noticeable member of the Argama crew apart from the main cast, imo.

I keep laughing at Jerid screaming after getting unexpectedly owned by his opponents, it's the same cut being used again and again, and it's hilarious every time.

This episode also has a historic shot of Bright and Char shaking hands! And their exchange made me feel that Bright knew the real identity of Quattro.
Fa finally became relevant in an awkward reunion smh.

Nevertheless, I still am a bit tired of all these obligatory battles each episode. At least this Wong Lee fellow can actually fight in battles and not only whine about how he's a super important investor and beat kids up for no reason.
I'm still very confused about what happened at the Moon, why the attack on Titans and their ship seemingly didn't have any consequences at all? They were, like, attacked by the troops of the freaking city they stayed in, why did nothing happen? Oh well, we're leaving the Moon anyway, so I can just forget it, huh?
St0rmbladeMay 25, 2020 4:24 PM
Aug 13, 2021 1:12 AM

Oct 2012
Wonder if the title of the episode refers to Char and Bright or Kamille and Fa, lmao. I'm not quite sure, but it seemed to me, like Bright knew who he was checking hands with. Hence the 'commander' thing. But the dude saved his life, so why would he make a scene about it. In the end, they got a common enemy now.

As for the rest of the episode... Not much to say. Some cool action scenes and Char's golden mobile suit looks glorious but not much to talk about.
Sep 12, 2021 3:07 PM

Feb 2017
More parents taken as hostages.

Feb 7, 2023 7:40 PM
Nov 2020
Fa for best girl in this series? Also good to see Bright on the good side
Aug 21, 2023 2:57 AM

Jul 2017
i LOVED this episode, my favorite.
also finally bright returns in the main cast.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Jun 6, 2008

92 by ChiisuNoYo »»
Apr 15, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 37 Discussion

Beatnik - Jul 4, 2008

41 by p13gu »»
Mar 26, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Jun 9, 2008

73 by Dane-se »»
Feb 7, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 47 Discussion

Veethorn - Oct 20, 2009

44 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 25, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 27 Discussion

MrHatandClogs - May 27, 2009

38 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 21, 5:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.