Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 4, 2011 8:31 PM

Nov 2011
Misaka of course. Gotta love that tsundere plus she's cute and badass at the same time!

Plus I'm kinda rooting for a ToumaxMisaka :D
Reading up on how the characters feel for one another and reading spoilers/summaries of the light novels is what pushed me for Misaka even more. :O

Now I'm not quite sure if this is in the second season yet (Only about half-way through it) so I'll put a spoiler button just in case BE WARNED this has MOST LIKELY not been in the anime yet so would be a spoiler if you were to read the light novels!

Touch me, you filthy casual~
Nov 4, 2011 8:59 PM

Jun 2009
Misaka absolutely winning this poll XDD
Nov 6, 2011 12:25 AM

Nov 2011
She better be! Lol I'm basing it off of who has the better personality and who would fit better for le romance!
If they don't put a romance in the series I'll be disappointed! If they don't make it Misaka x Touma ima rage hardddd and send a very rude letter to the maker! >:D
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Nov 17, 2012 11:55 AM

Sep 2009
INDEX. Starting from Episode 1.. I liker her cuteness.. I don't like Misaka since I don't like Tsundere characters anymore and it always annoys me! I might dropped this anime then bcoz it's harem. I don't like harem.. I won't watch season 2 then coz I'm still watching season 1 and I'm done watching episode 9.. maybe I'll just stop at this episode and never watch this series again.. but maybe, in the future, my mind will change and give it a chance again. I have read all the major spoilers but it didn't made me curios in the story anymore. My interest is gone. So...
Nov 17, 2012 12:04 PM
Jul 2012
Fuck index shes annoying
Nov 22, 2012 5:33 PM

Sep 2011
ofcourse Index all the way :P

Nov 22, 2012 5:39 PM

Mar 2012
If it's contest of power then Index win but on contest of atractiveness Misaka is win by large margin. There is a reason why she win on ISML 2011.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 22, 2012 5:45 PM

Sep 2011
Aaaaaaaeh :( but i think that index is way more attractive
Nov 23, 2012 4:05 PM

Jan 2010
Index.
I hate Mikoto. SO MUCH.
Nov 28, 2012 2:05 PM

Aug 2011
Voting other. I think Itsuwa is a better match for Touma than either of them is...
Dec 7, 2012 3:22 PM
Aug 2012
Index seems to be quite a nice character from what have seen. Still watching season 1, and at the stage I am she is quite a pleasant character. If her character really doesn't get developed but rather worsened as most people in this thread are suggesting then that's a real shame. So she's the supporting title character and also there isn't much made out of her character? That's real sad, poor Index...
Misaka is quite a nice character, but I cannot say that she's all that great. I'm saying this after seeing the entire railgun season btw. She is likeable true, but I still couldn't help but notice that she's kinda full of herself. I guess that is what is meant by the superiority complex. Sure she's real powerful and a level 5 and all (and what's with the crap I hear about her initially being a level 1?). Anyways why I don't like her as much as most people in this poll seem to is because of her attitude. Kuroko claims she's quite humble despite her level, but all I coud see was a powerful girl who just assumed she could do everything by herself. She isn't part of the judgement squad and yet there she goes off on her own to take down whatever threats are disturbing the peace in the city.
Her roommate is a member of the judgement squad and yet Misaki doesn't even care to share any hunches she has with her. If she wants to serve justice so much why doesn't she also join the judgement squad. To me it just seemed like all the things she was doing were just for her own self satisfaction. As one of the most powerful espers, she's bored and just can't help seek means to raise some sparks in her own boredom. She clearly isn't too keen to work with others to deliver justice. Just watching the last arch of railgun shows how stuck up she is. She really thought she could solve such a case by herself and deliberately witheld information she had which could have been useful to the judgement squad and chose to do it all by herself. Some may call it heroism, but imo its far from that. I also did not like her self-righteous attitude that nearly jeopardized what that stripping lady was desperately fighting for. I would have thought after the level upper events she would have understood a bit better but that turned out not to be the case.
Don't get me wrong, I still like her as a character... these are just some of the things that kind of irritate me about her. I find Kuroko to be much more fun and heroic than Misaki, unlike Misaki, she has a great sense of responsibility. She doesn't just help out for the sake of her self satisfaction. She does it as her duty, she greatly values the help she gets from her fellow judgement members regardless of their levels and is well aware of her own limits and also has self-restraint (something Misaki sometimes seems to lack). It is true that initially Kuroko had a similar attitude of wanting to be the sole heroine, but she learnt the hard way the price when her friend ended up in danger and her senpai became injured and not to mention her own life being on the line. She obviously shares information about cases she'll be working on because she want to solve them with Misaki. As annoyingly peverted as she may be towards Misaki, she was more fun to watch along with Saten. I would rather pair Touma up with one of them rather than Misaki. (though that would probably never happen.)
MushorwellDec 7, 2012 3:32 PM
Dec 16, 2012 1:59 PM

Mar 2011

The other characters are much too childish.
Mr. Wonsworth, you may NOT eat my scones!
Dec 17, 2012 11:15 AM

Jun 2011
Mikoto!~ *_* She is awesome. :3 <3<3<3
Dec 17, 2012 11:19 AM

Nov 2009
I dont really care for either of the choices.

Misaka does my head in, she feels like such a one dimensional character yet she has all this popularity. Index isnt even really a potential interest for Touma so i'll go with a third party.

Kuroko should turn straight and become a choice for Touma, she is awesome =)

Also noticed that if you look at the results for the poll currently it looks like a rather large penis xD
Dec 17, 2012 6:22 PM

Nov 2012
If you watch To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, you'll be converted into a Mikoto fan.
Dec 18, 2012 2:22 PM
Aug 2012
Evaeri said:
If you watch To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, you'll be converted into a Mikoto fan.

I actually watched it and grew to not really like her character that much, I much rather preferred Kuroko and Saten's characters to be honest. Check out my earlier comment for reasons why.
Dec 18, 2012 2:32 PM
Jul 2012
Kurokos voice actor is the shit. She did such a good job on her character
Dec 27, 2012 4:26 AM

Jul 2012

You're doing it wrong!

Best girl is Kuroko!
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jan 20, 2013 3:06 PM
Jan 2013
Of course Misaka! <3
Mar 2, 2013 3:57 PM
Jan 2008
As a man I'd say the harem ending! There are not many "serious" anime with a harem ending. I really hate those anime where the boy has to choose and breaks the heart of the other, especially when I think both girls deserve his love.
Mar 4, 2013 12:31 PM

Aug 2011
Secondary characters ftw
Mar 4, 2013 2:10 PM

Feb 2010
after reading the novel its ether itsuwa or index or misaka :| idk im a bit leaning towards index more

index does not deserve half the hate people give her and touma defiantly has strong feelings for her

volume 17 chapter 2 for those who are interested
GrimAtramentMar 4, 2013 2:21 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Mar 14, 2013 1:55 AM
Mar 2013
misaka is better than that annoying gluton index
Mar 25, 2013 2:17 PM

Feb 2010
xelmich said:
misaka is better than that annoying gluton index

my person has not read the novel senses are tingling :|
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 16, 2013 6:14 PM
Sep 2010
Misaka.... sry but index is annoying to me - - ...luckily this is LN, even Index is the main here, it doesnt mean it has the most screen time for each arc....I demand more Misaka u.u
Apr 16, 2013 6:16 PM

Dec 2012
Treekodar said:

The other characters are much too childish.
11/10 taste
Apr 16, 2013 6:32 PM

Apr 2012
Yeah others here. Either Itsuwa or Lessar are better match for Touma, in my opinion.
Apr 16, 2013 8:02 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty much anyone except Index. : /

A pity, since I actually quite like her character concept. Though It's quite sad that the titular character of the series hasn't gone through any sort of development and has been largely reduced to provide comic relief. Though I'm nowhere near up to date with the LN, so I'm still hopeful that she gets a better treatment later on.

On the other hand, I absolutely love Misaka...err, all the Misakas, including mini-Misaka :3
She's definitely one of the most likable characters out there.
So MISAKA X TOUMA FTW!!
Apr 28, 2013 8:51 AM

Dec 2012
for me misaka because I think touma treats index like his siste, other than that misaka and touma looks cute as a couple

Apr 28, 2013 12:07 PM

Apr 2010
Yup said:
TOUMA I'M HUNGRY
TOUMA I WANT A CAT
TOUMA I WANT ATTENTION
TOUMA I WAS LEFT ALONE WHILE YOU WERE AT SCHOOL
TOUMA THERE'S NO FOOD EXPECT THE FOOD I ATE TEN MINUTES AGO
TOUMA I'M GOING TO BITE YOU FOR NO REASON

TOUMA TOUMA TOUMA TOUMA TOUMA TOUMA TOUMA

That ^

I don't understand how people can like this kind of character. Every time she appears, all I can think of is "oh god, just die already".
I just want to stab her and throw her into a pit with hungry lions or something.

Even if Misaka happens to be a tsundere, she still has a much better personality, is more mature and simply more awesome in all ways.

Although, I'm not a big fan of Touma either... Now when I think about it, I'm fine with seeing Touma end up with Index, I don't really care about those two. I would rather see Misaka end up with Accelerator.
FahlaineApr 28, 2013 12:19 PM

Optime olere occisum hostem!
Apr 28, 2013 9:34 PM

Apr 2013
Misaka, I mean she has her own show. That pretty much wins.
Apr 29, 2013 5:00 PM

Feb 2010
Fahlaine said:
Yup said:
TOUMA I'M HUNGRY
TOUMA I WANT A CAT
TOUMA I WANT ATTENTION

That ^

I don't understand how people can like this kind of character. Every time she appears, all I can think of is "oh god, just die already".

because you did not read the novel

May 30, 2013 5:45 PM

Nov 2012
I love Index but I don't pair her with Touma. I hate Misaka so I'm waiting for another character to come in so I can finally ship him with someone. I guess there's Itsuwa, Kanzaki and a few others but none of them feel right just yet. I don't ship Touma x Index because I don't feel they're relationship is romantic and I don't ship Touma x Misaka because it's mostly one-sided. I guess I'd ship Touma x Misaka 10032 the most. I still voted for Index since I like her the most and I didn't realize the question was in regards to who should be with Touma
May 30, 2013 5:49 PM

Oct 2011
Index because Misaka ends up with me
May 30, 2013 5:58 PM
Aug 2012
This a thread to make Index look bad?
Surprised she got as many votes as she did..
Jun 9, 2013 5:44 AM
Jun 2013
Personally I like Misaka but the author Kazuma Kamachi said that out of all the characters he wants Index to mostly likely become his lover so at the end of the day we must realise that Index is the one most involved in his life and at least calls him by his name if Misaka did maybe there relationship would change.
Jun 14, 2013 11:21 AM

Aug 2009
IN every ep/chapter Misaka appears she tries to fry/beat Touma.The two FMCs arent that different.Both are attention whores to a degree.At least one of them isnt lethal.

That aside,Itsuwa FTW.
Jun 14, 2013 11:32 AM

Feb 2009
ssjokg said:
IN every ep/chapter Misaka appears she tries to fry/beat Touma.The two FMCs arent that different.Both are attention whores to a degree.At least one of them isnt lethal.

That aside,Itsuwa FTW.
How is a lightning bolt not lethal? Oh wait...

Before NT7 I would agree but for now, I'm going with the girl on the cover there(not Biribiri). Unless Kamachi decides to keep us hanging even more with that issue...
Jun 25, 2013 2:18 PM

May 2013
Index is to annoying a hatefull character Go Misaka
Jun 26, 2013 5:04 PM

Aug 2009
Gonbanwaaao_O said:
Could you at least give a reason?

Both here and in your thread you never said why..
Jun 26, 2013 5:05 PM

Feb 2012
I wanted more Misaka throughout the whole series but sadely we didn't get to see her that much.

I don't dislike Index but her character just didn't interest me ...
Jun 26, 2013 6:58 PM

May 2013
ssjokg said:
Gonbanwaaao_O said:

She has a hatefull personality :D I just don't like her SRRY :)
Jun 26, 2013 11:08 PM

Aug 2009
Gonbanwaaao_O said:
ssjokg said:
Gonbanwaaao_O said:

She has a hatefull personality :D I just don't like her SRRY :)

And this is why no Index hater is taken seriously.
Jul 9, 2013 11:17 AM
Dec 2012
Yup said:
TOUMA I'M HUNGRY
TOUMA I WANT A CAT
TOUMA I WANT ATTENTION

Index is far too annoying. And even tho I like Misaka's character and wanted her to end up together with Touma while watching anime, after reading Light Novel I've changed my mind.

I believe that the best girl for him at the moment is Itsuwa, Itsuwa, Itsuwa. Itsuwa.. Itsuwa...
Maybe even Kanzaki Kaori or Arisa (Well, we all know it's impossible)
Well, if he had met Saten they would match each other the best, but, sadly, how far I have read, they haven't met. Yet, I hope.
HyouSubaruApr 27, 2014 11:59 AM
Jul 10, 2013 11:08 AM

Apr 2013
hazerddex said:
Fahlaine said:
Yup said:
TOUMA I'M HUNGRY
TOUMA I WANT A CAT
TOUMA I WANT ATTENTION

That ^

because you did not read the novel

ImO she's even more annoying in the novels though. I'm so glad that passed the 12th volume we almost don"t see her anymore (except in the 17th, which had its first half annoying as hell because of her, but that's about it). And in particular, that there is almost no humor and ecchi based on index, sicne that's the worst material of the whole TAMNI series imo. When Index is used properly for the story like in the 7th novel or like during the WW3, she can be quite cool. Seems like the author want to go that way as he mostly stopped using her for boring jokes and ecchi.
So far, one of the best change between the beginning of TAMNI and shin'yaku TAMNI is that there is almost no index anymore.

As for the question, I don't really care as I don't think touma is a good enough character to care about who he ends up with (I'm more interest about accelerator 's case, or Hamadura's semi harem if we're limiting things to TAMNI...).

If I must really say someone, then why not Itsuwa.
ZefyrisJul 10, 2013 11:13 AM
Jul 10, 2013 11:26 AM

Aug 2009
Zefyris said:

As for the question, I don't really care as I don't think touma is a good enough character to care about who he ends up with (I'm more interest about accelerator 's case, or Hamadura's semi harem if we're limiting things to TAMNI...).

If I must really say someone, then why not Itsuwa.

Off topic:
I have seen it in japanese MAD videos too so can you tell me why Hamazura is also written with a d in place of z?
There is also the case with Satsuki YumiZuka->YumiDuka in Melty Blood games
Jul 11, 2013 1:46 PM

Apr 2013
hamadura is written 浜面 in kanji, which become a very logical (for people knowing a little about how kanji pronunciation works) はまづら when written in hiragana. In Japanese, there is two different way to write the sound "dzu" it's either づ or ず. While the later is always romanized "zu", the former can either be romanized "du" (kunrei style of romanization, which is the official way to romanize in japan) or "zu" exactly like the other one (hepburn style of romanization, standard in occident countries).
(For more information on kunrei shiki and hepburn shiki, please look at the respective wikipedia pages. Both mehods are used both in japan and outside of japan)

Usually both hamadura and hamazura need to be considered correct since it's simple two different official way to transcribe in latin letter the same word. However in the case of the character "hamadura" in TAMNI, the author clearly wrote the name of the character in latin letter one time (don't remember where, but it was at least one time), and the author wrote "hamadura".
So while you could say that usually between non-japanese people using hepburn and therefore "hamazura" would be the logical way to go, since in this case the author himself seems to favor "hamadura", I logically favor that way to write his name as well.

Both are correct though, so no need to change your way of writing it.

Satsuki yumizuka/yumiduka (弓塚 -> ゆみづか) that you mentioned can be written both way as well for the same reason. I dunno which one the author favor though.

Note that you cannot do it for Mugino shizuru for example, because it's a ず and not a づ.
ZefyrisJul 13, 2013 4:31 AM
Jul 13, 2013 2:24 AM

Jun 2013
It's hard for anyone to not want to ship Touma and Misaka after watching Railgun II Episode 14.

Basically, a 100 times better adaption of episode 6 of season 1 and the best episode J.C. Staff has ever done.
Jul 18, 2013 5:28 PM
Sep 2012
I would take misaka over Index, but overall would rather Kaori because... well come on she fucking ADORABLE when flustered(fallen angel ero maid costume flashback anyone?), and could kick the ass of pretty much the entire rest of his harem without much effort(she is a Saint after all) and lastly(not required but is certainly a boon in my opinion) she's pretty dang hot.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2010

251 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 29, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

236 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.