Forum Settings
Forums
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Jun 8, 2008 4:38 AM

...besides Within Temptation of course :).
Can you recommend some good band?
~mooo!
be aware.. Headcrab will definitely eat you too!

Jul 29, 2008 7:51 PM
It depends on what you want really. I personally love the music of a guy called David Bowie (English)- who was my introduction to music really. Muse (English) are good. If you want similar bands to WT I would reccomend Evanescance (American), Lacuna Coil (Italian) and especially Epica (Like WT they are Dutch).

Jul 30, 2008 10:13 AM

Evanescence and Within Temptation? I don't think they're that similar ;)...
I'd also recommend Nightwish and After Forever. I like this bands too.
~mooo!

Jul 30, 2008 3:45 PM
Nah I meant they have some similarities- some symphionic stuff. Although WT are levels above Evanescence lol. Yeah I have heard some of Nightwish stuff, it's quite good!

Oct 21, 2008 5:44 PM

I like a large variety of metal (and some other types, but metal's my top genre).

Some of my favourite bands include Kamelot, Dream Theater, Amon Amarth, Scar Symmetry, and Blind Guardian.

Although WT are levels above Evanescence lol.

I agree.

Jan 22, 2009 6:36 AM
Nightwish are my favourites, head and shoulders above everyone else ;] But then there's a load of really great bands (Within Temptation being top of the list), I'd recommend Sonata Arctica, In Flames, Fightstar, Circa Survive, Asian Kung-fu Generation... I have more if you want, music is my life ^__^ Ooh, and look at that, every one of those bold bands are from a different country :D

Although I just realised I forgot Tarot, which messes it up, since SA and Tarot are both from Finland ^__^;;

And I agree, WT > Ev, I'm so sick of Evanescence being compared with symphonic metal bands when they're really not part of that genre! ):>

Jan 24, 2009 2:42 PM

and what do u think about Epica?
oh, I've recently fallen in love with "Solitary Ground"! amazing!!.
and Lacuna Coil songs!
~mooo!

Jan 28, 2009 4:22 AM
vasa said:
and what do u think about Epica?
oh, I've recently fallen in love with "Solitary Ground"! amazing!!.
and Lacuna Coil songs!

I've only heard "Solitary Ground" and one other song from Epica, I liked Solitary Ground but the other one wasn't that special. I have yet to hear Lacuna Coil; I resisted them due to the whole Evanescence/Lacuna Coil comparison (not because I dislike Ev, because I love Ev, but because I hate when two bands get lumped together all the time)