Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
xxxHOLiC Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2008 12:25 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man....Kohane's mom is one crazy lady! ^^; And I thought Maru and Moro were especially cute this ep too.

On a substantive note: Is this really how they're going to wrap up the Kohane arc?? That was....fast to say the least. I like the manga better I suppose. (Also, I don't like her new 'look')

Wonder how the last few eps are going to play out...
IncognitoOtakuJun 8, 2008 12:45 AM
Jun 8, 2008 3:47 AM
Dec 2007
Good ep as always, I liked how they ended the Kohane arc even if the character development was very small. I guess the next two episodes will be even better seeing that it wil focus on the Watanuki/Himawari relationship.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 8, 2008 8:09 AM

Feb 2008
I think that was a good way to wrap up the Kohane arc. It was nice to see her move on and that the relationship with her mother has gotten better :]

Maru and Moro were so cute! I hope Kohane comes back just so we can see those three playing together again. It was adorable.

Really looking forward to the next episode, it doesn't look too good for Himawari or Watanuki.
Jun 8, 2008 10:20 AM

Mar 2008
I am happy things got solved. I do think it would have been cooler to somehow make Watanuki and Kohane a team to work for Yuuko but guess not. You guys all think Himawari is getting revenge for love or something else on Watanuki? Based on scene with the bandages seems someone wants him bounded and not be able to do anything but amend to something forever. I though this episode is going to be bad but next might be really bad this time.
Jun 8, 2008 10:20 AM

Feb 2008
Well, this certainly wasn't what I was expecting of Kohane arc. It's missing some very cute Watanuki/Doumeki scenes, and they broke one of the ground rules of Yuuko's shop: only those who have a wish may enter. However it wasn't as painful as it was in manga, and other than few inconsistencies story is edited nicely.

I like that they picked two strongest arcs (imo) for season opener and ending. Last three episodes are bound to be a blast. What i don't like is how Himawari is portraited as a villain in preview - if they change something in this arc I'm gonna be one very angry fan.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2008 10:26 AM

Mar 2008
Good ep as always. Glad to see Kohanes mother got better and the relationship improved. The next episode should be interesting i have been wondering what the deal with Himawari is since Yuko first said she was bad luck for Watanuki.
Jun 8, 2008 3:18 PM

Feb 2008
awwww she cut her hair!!!

well it would seem that this show is focusing mostly on him. it would seem like hes always learning something new.

this should be interesting, nest week.
Jun 8, 2008 4:33 PM

Jun 2007
I actually really like Kohane-chan with short hair. She looks adorable!

While I prefer the manga arc over the anime one (the manga had a lot more emotion, I felt) it was still an excellent way to wrap everything up cleanly.

I'm really looking forward to next week~
Jun 10, 2008 6:53 AM

Sep 2007
sanjica said:
Well, this certainly wasn't what I was expecting of Kohane arc. It's missing some very cute Watanuki/Doumeki scenes, and they broke one of the ground rules of Yuuko's shop: only those who have a wish may enter. However it wasn't as painful as it was in manga, and other than few inconsistencies story is edited nicely.

I like that they picked two strongest arcs (imo) for season opener and ending. Last three episodes are bound to be a blast. What i don't like is how Himawari is portraited as a villain in preview - if they change something in this arc I'm gonna be one very angry fan.
Well you should already know they will change something, Syaoran is important in the arc and they won't include him. Also how many eggs did the cat girl bring, it better have been two.
Jun 10, 2008 7:05 AM

Feb 2008
Chicken008 said:
sanjica said:

Well you should already know they will change something, Syaoran is important in the arc and they won't include him. Also how many eggs did the cat girl bring, it better have been two.

Like hell. She brought only one. That's another thing that I didn't get why they changed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2008 1:08 AM

Mar 2008
all the girls sleeping in the bed looked so cute ^^

its nice that everything worked out, im glad =3
Jun 11, 2008 2:42 AM

Feb 2008
Just read the manga and well, they changed that drastically didn't they :\
Jun 13, 2008 2:22 PM

Jan 2008
LolitaDecay said:
Just read the manga and well, they changed that drastically didn't theindeed.:

i dont get it why they changed it.
i mean .. kohone and what she had to make her power greater, her wish etc.
sakura. i wonder if they will really show her.
i hope they wont fuck up the ending of anime series making it different from manga.
at any rate, they could have made +1 or 2 episodes to show those true character relations and story.

Jun 13, 2008 2:32 PM

Feb 2008
ThePuisiitis said:
LolitaDecay said:

I don't get it either, that's really annoyed me since I think that the manga ending had far more closure and had more of an impact than what the anime ending had. It didn't even include Tsubasa so they didn't really have any excuse. I'm guessing it was down to them not having enough episodes to work with, but still, there were things they should have kept in. I think how they dealt with the mother was far more suitable for the situation.
Jun 13, 2008 3:04 PM

Feb 2008
LolitaDecay said:
ThePuisiitis said:
LolitaDecay said:

I don't get it either, that's really annoyed me since I think that the manga ending had far more closure and had more of an impact than what the anime ending had. It didn't even include Tsubasa so they didn't really have any excuse. I'm guessing it was down to them not having enough episodes to work with, but still, there were things they should have kept in. I think how they dealt with the mother was far more suitable for the situation.

It kind of a did include a Tsubasa - the reason Kohane has the purification powers is Sakura's feather, so...
Jun 13, 2008 3:20 PM

Feb 2008
...oh yeah xD They could have changed that slightly though. Or even include the Tsubasa reference. They've done it before with Fai's staff. They could have just made it unrelated to Tsubasa.
Jun 14, 2008 3:17 AM

Feb 2008
Unfortunately, nobody asks fans for their opinion... :((
Jun 14, 2008 3:22 AM

Feb 2008
I'm surprised CLAMP agreed to the lack of Tsubasa references :\
Jun 14, 2008 11:00 AM

Jan 2008
sanjica said:
LolitaDecay said:
ThePuisiitis said:
LolitaDecay said:

It kind of a did include a Tsubasa - the reason Kohane has the purification powers is Sakura's feather, so...

did they even said that her powers were ''boosted'' by sakuras feather? i didn't notice it .. and in anime her mother like disappeared and then reappeared to go crazy. i found that rather weird.

Jun 14, 2008 2:49 PM

Jan 2008
awww, I don't know much about the manga, but I found it a nice conclusion to the arc.
Jun 14, 2008 8:15 PM

Dec 2007
The only good thing about the episode was that Kohane-chan whas in it. The change in the manga plotline was too huge and too damn horrible, finishing an important arc for Watanuki's character development with a happy-go-lucky quick finale that left some things hanging in thin air. This damn anime producers should kneel before Kohane-chan asking for her forgiveness (an I'm only half kidding)
Jun 15, 2008 4:28 AM

Apr 2008
It kinda felt like they rushed the end of this arc...I wish they didn't

Kohane-chan is a nice character. I like her best with long hair, though
It was good to see her smile ^^

I hope next arc will be better
Jun 16, 2008 8:34 AM

Sep 2007
LolitaDecay said:
I'm surprised CLAMP agreed to the lack of Tsubasa references :
I wonder if Production I.G was allowed to do references, sure they did the Tsubasa movie and OVA, but Bee Train did both Tsubasa TV series. Maybe that messed things up.
Jun 16, 2008 11:04 AM

Jun 2007
Ahh...no tsubasa references ;__;

But still... nice episode. Kohane-chan is so cute (gah 3 more episodes *cries*)

Jun 16, 2008 5:09 PM

Jan 2008
ive come to think that holic and tsubasa would go different paths in anime, and the supposed ones in manga .. there are many animes fucked up like that ..
why cant they just go with the original plot and include most of the things that really make difference and nice progress.. without them its just like a book with countless blank pages, one leading to another.

Jul 2, 2008 4:16 AM

Feb 2008
Chicken008 said:
LolitaDecay said:
I wonder if Production I.G was allowed to do references, sure they did the Tsubasa movie and OVA, but Bee Train did both Tsubasa TV series. Maybe that messed things up.
Baka bee train...
Jul 12, 2008 6:50 PM

Aug 2007
well... I always thought Kohanes mom was too crazy. But its good that the last dream of Kohane become true. Yay, I like her new style of hair
Jul 19, 2008 2:09 PM

Oct 2007
Whoa! A severe departure from the manga, but I reckon it was bound to happen, since it was considered earlier on, perhaps during preproduction, that all mention of Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE wouldn't be referenced – a fact that I find really disappointing.

Regardless, there were a few scenes that I did find I like, particular those that centred on Kohane, Maru, Moro, and Mokona – it was rather kawaii! As always, I liked the main interaction between the main trio. While the ending of this arc was a tad too "happily ever after" for my taste, it was a nice way to end it nevertheless.

I'm really looking forward to the next episode – it seems that we finally will figure out the mystery behind Himawari and to finally see this arc animated. =)
Jul 28, 2008 6:31 AM

Nov 2007
I'm really glad that Kohane went back to her mom and loved how they reunited as a family.
Sep 12, 2008 7:26 PM

Jun 2008
YAY!! Hapy ending!!

So we're at the last arc now? =O
3 episodes seems about right for an arc with that kind of episode preview. =P

Sig WILL change soon~
Oct 10, 2008 9:47 AM

Oct 2008
You know, it would be nice to stop post spoilers about the manga. I still have to read it, you know ;)

I started reading the manga but I'm not that far yet. Anyway, I liked how the closed the arc here. I found this episode very endearing and one of the better ones so far.
Dec 8, 2008 6:15 PM

Jan 2008
Uniflame said:
You know, it would be nice to stop post spoilers about the manga. I still have to read it, you know ;)
People talking about the Manga in Anime discussion threads tend to be like that.

Lovely episode. I'm happy that Kohane and her mum got back to their normal lives.
May 8, 2009 2:34 PM
May 2008
I haven't gotten this far into the manga yet so I can't comment on how it has been altered. In the anime at least there was a happy ending for Kohane and her mother after such a melancholy arc.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 20, 2009 10:19 PM
Jun 2009
LolitaDecay said:
Chicken008 said:
LolitaDecay said:
Baka bee train...

I really don't see how this should be a problem, since the Tsubasa anime has appearances by the xxxHoLiC cast. There's probably some more politics behind it, but since CLAMP was active in the production of a few episodes of the anime, I guess we must assume they gave their blessing for the ommisions, even though it annoys the fans, =/

As for the episode, I have mixed feelings about it. I liked that Kohane got her closure and a happy ending (poor girl deserves it), but on the flip side, this is a major continuity tumble...
Jul 24, 2009 10:57 PM

Apr 2009
It feels like the anime's missing something because the missing tsubasa references and how they altered the whole Kohane arc.....I liked it better in the manga :(

Jul 27, 2009 4:31 AM

Aug 2008
Meh. Unnecessary changes are really unnecessary. This arc is so shallow compared to original. Even more than "eye arc". There is a lot more to it in the manga. More drama and no cliche happy ending. -1 for overall score for this season.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 3, 2009 6:23 AM
Jul 2009
LolitaDecay said:
I think that was a good way to wrap up the Kohane arc. It was nice to see her move on and that the relationship with her mother has gotten better :]

Maru and Moro were so cute! I hope Kohane comes back just so we can see those three playing together again. It was adorable.

Really looking forward to the next episode, it doesn't look too good for Himawari or Watanuki.

I agree.
May 29, 2010 6:35 PM

Nov 2008
sanjica said:
they broke one of the ground rules of Yuuko's shop: only those who have a wish may enter.

Kohane did have a wish: To eat a dinner and laugh with someone she cared about. She even said so directly, although she called it her "dream" not her "wish." But that's semantics, right?

Everyone is saying this arc departed majorly from the manga. I haven't read the manga, but I will say the arc didn't thrill me. Felt kind of shallow, pointless, like many episodes this season.
Jul 10, 2010 10:27 PM

May 2010
Yeah, Kohane, Maru and Moro having a sleep-over was adorable. Also, white Mokona impression was funny. I liked this episode, but why the HELL DID KOHANE CHOP OFF HER LUSCIOUS LOCKS??! Does she understand that I'd kill for that length? NO. She doesn't.

Oooh, next episode looks good. You too, Himawari-chan?!
Nov 22, 2011 9:32 PM

Feb 2009
Ill have to read this arc in the manga to get the Tsubasa references.

Anyway, fantastic episode, great arc.
Oct 23, 2012 3:52 PM

May 2012
Was nice ending seems that this arc is done!
Sep 17, 2013 12:40 AM

Jul 2008
Not knowing the manga version, I thought it was a good way to end things. But now it seems we'll finally get answers about her....I can't wait.
Dec 17, 2013 3:11 AM

Apr 2013
When I finished the anime for sure I'll read the manga.
Glad by Kohane.
Good episode.
Dec 7, 2015 9:50 PM

Sep 2014
The arc was really Good. Kohane-chan looks cute in her short hair.
Oct 19, 2017 7:13 AM

Mar 2016
The writing for this season is all over the place. Though I like how this ending was handled.

More topics from this board

Poll: » xxxHOLiC - Kei Episode 9 Discussion

darkside099 - Jun 2, 2008

40 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 5, 2023 2:29 AM

Poll: » xxxHOLiC - Kei Episode 8 Discussion

Jacut - May 28, 2008

37 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 5, 2023 2:23 AM

Poll: » xxxHOLiC - Kei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Apr 18, 2008

71 by pakstudent7788 »»
Aug 6, 2023 11:32 PM

Poll: » xxxHOLiC - Kei Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jul 19, 2008

60 by WatchSymphogear »»
Apr 11, 2023 6:53 PM

» Where can I find the original 4:3 version?

Leblunk - Dec 1, 2022

2 by Leblunk »»
Feb 16, 2023 3:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.