Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 3, 2011 4:48 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yumeji and Merry play video games and she lose all the time.
They went shopping.

It was quite all right episode and a bit sad.

Yumeji try to protect Merry

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 3, 2011 7:17 PM

Nov 2008
Cliffhanger and some power born in Merry next episode it seems.
Feb 3, 2011 7:30 PM

Jul 2010
Holy crap, what a cliffhanger.

I feel so sorry for Merry. And I can't hate that other Dream Demon, either. She has her reasons. She's probably my favorite of all the Dream Demons we've encountered 'til now. I love the angel design, her attack style, and the voice actress was great, too. The music and the frozen drawings were just awesome.

Looks like John Doe is coming back next episode. I can't wait to see him again!

Why in the blazes is this amazing show only 13 episodes long?!
And why the heck do I only have this as an 8? Gotta be at least a 9 by now! It's been nothing short of brilliant - every episode. Never thought I'd love this show so much.
Feb 3, 2011 8:01 PM

Apr 2010
It looks like they may finally be doing away with the monster of the week and getting to the true meat of the story now. And looking like John Doe is coming back!

Now I'm starting to get interested in this show again.

Feb 3, 2011 8:02 PM

Feb 2011
I'm with Iilia, ten years is a long time to be searching so I feel really sorry for Merry. The dream demon (Play I think it was?) had a great story and design. This show just gets more interesting every episode. I can't help but love this show.
Feb 3, 2011 8:15 PM

Sep 2007
Pharoth Elcres. Final boss? John Doe's probably one of his lackeys... or maybe he's Pharoth Elcres himself.
Feb 3, 2011 8:24 PM

Apr 2010
Wasabi said:
Pharoth Elcres. Final boss? John Doe's probably one of his lackeys... or maybe he's Pharoth Elcres himself.

Well, its obvious that John Doe has another name. Remember, John doe is a name used to keep yourself anonymous. So I am betting he is Pharoth Elcres.

Feb 3, 2011 8:44 PM

Jan 2010
...really? They're really gonna cut it off with something like that? I'm all for cliffhangers and stuff, but that's just cruel.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Feb 3, 2011 9:34 PM

Jan 2011
This anime is pacing nicely. Has Merry been killing Dream Demons instead or sending them back? Did GG translate Engi's personal name?!

Merry's been here for 10 years, maybe that's why her clothes are so freaking small, or maybe not.
Feb 3, 2011 9:36 PM

Jan 2011
i don't wanna burst anyone's bubble but when i heard about the "i've been here long enough to see that sign ten times" but i thought it was some setup for a joke. i mean she specified that sign so i thought she's just been to that store three time in that last 2 months.

love how they just put raw art into the anime, it seems like laziness on the animators part but still, the effect was there.

three-act play
i was surprised her wings where made of her hair; per'se. love her character and background. what i don't get is she keeps talking about stopping other dream demons from killing each other, but i remember she killed another dream demon for no apparent reason just last episode.

Pharoth Elcres
some have suspected him to be john doe. i definitely support that. other then the reason already listed he also carries a trait the contradicts play's explanation. play said that defeated dream demons don't get sent back, but instead fall into oblivion. however, i remember seeing john doe alive and well after merry supposedly defeated him.

plot
i like how they are pulling things from previous episode, leaving typical monster of the week scenario. i was right on the "slowly turns from monster of the week to a unexpected plot" comment i placed on the last episode. the cliffhanger really wasn't that strong in my sense. knowing this far in its unlikely anythings gonna happen, and as we saw in the preview he's in a hospital not in a black and white photo before an altar. so that didn't really leave us much to wonder on.

and yes Iilia, why in blazing hell does this only have 13 episodes.

feel like writing more but occupied = =
Hide behind the mighty wall of internet, i shall
Feb 3, 2011 9:43 PM

Feb 2008
PLOT DEVELOPMENT

Also <3 Merry.
Feb 3, 2011 9:45 PM

Jul 2009
Pretty good episode IMO. The new girl Play is pretty cool. Fight was cool but the animation looked kinda funny
Gotta say that the music in this anime is awesome :D
Hmm ... so there's no way back? Dun dun dun ...
Wow, wonder what happened to Yumeji? :O Maybe he ... GAINED MAGICAL POWERS AND BECAME A DREAM DEMON?!
Feb 3, 2011 9:50 PM

Aug 2009
Why is Merry so awesome?

:3
Sig iz in deh makingz

Still learningz

:3
Feb 3, 2011 9:51 PM

Jan 2011
oh i remember what i was gonna say about merry. she fight as if gravity's on her side = = [wich IS AWESOME]
Feb 3, 2011 9:59 PM

Sep 2007
hellsascendant said:

Pharoth Elcres
some have suspected him to be john doe. i definitely support that. other then the reason already listed he also carries a trait the contradicts play's explanation. play said that defeated dream demons don't get sent back, but instead fall into oblivion. however, i remember seeing john doe alive and well after merry supposedly defeated him.

Merry never defeated John Doe. He decided to run before she could smash his face in even further.
Feb 3, 2011 10:00 PM

Nov 2008
Good episode all in all, a bit of back story for Merry. And wether doe is back in full or part of something else I dont know. But that is one harsh cliff hanger. And I only ever got up to chapter 15 in the manga ;( lol Also I dont think Doe would be the main villian.. judging by his actions. And his powers. But I suppose in a twist it could be possible , but I for one doubt it. But who knows.

But I doubt its a 'new' power for Merry, just her own power and it is quite pwnage- Her memory isn't complete (probably why she doesnt remember Yumeiji as the op and his own thought processes s clearly kind of point out hes met her in some compacity befo
sirwenceFeb 3, 2011 10:28 PM
Feb 3, 2011 10:26 PM

Jan 2011
Wasabi said:
hellsascendant said:

Pharoth Elcres

Merry never defeated John Doe. He decided to run before she could smash his face in even further.

oops my bad. then whats with the mask changing?
Feb 3, 2011 10:29 PM

Nov 2008
He put on a new one. I have a feeling episode 6 will change peoples minds again. This really should have been a longer anime lol
Feb 3, 2011 10:40 PM

Jan 2011
i wanna see his face(if he has one)
Feb 3, 2011 10:55 PM

Sep 2007
hellsascendant said:
Wasabi said:
hellsascendant said:

Pharoth Elcres

oops my bad. then whats with the mask changing?

I think he just got a new one because Merry destroyed his mask in ep1.
Feb 3, 2011 11:14 PM

Apr 2008
Woo he blocked the attack to protect xD

Feb 3, 2011 11:23 PM

Sep 2010
CUTE GIRLS GALORE!
Feb 3, 2011 11:59 PM

May 2008
who didnt expect him to sacrifice himself? still it was a touching scene sacrificing yourself is always a plus

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Feb 4, 2011 12:42 AM

Sep 2008
They have a Wii!
I want a flashback episode or something... so I can see small Merry.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2011 1:45 AM

Feb 2010
good ep with the introduction of Yui and Engi.
Feb 4, 2011 1:54 AM

Sep 2007
The angel is here ...
To began her destruction. \o/
Feb 4, 2011 2:26 AM

Jan 2009
I think I do kind of like this by now.
But since I still don't know what the fuck I'm watching, my comments on it are rather limited I guess. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Useless post
For the first time, I guess I do want the next episode to come as quickly as possible.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 4, 2011 2:54 AM

May 2009
Yumeji! Quite a downer episode but really good if you know what I mean. Nice twist in the story and I can't wait for the next one.
Feb 4, 2011 4:15 AM
Dec 2010
That's one teasing cliffhanger.

All in all a great episode imo. Merry revealing she is in the real world for ten years already made me quite sad though.

Yui is cute, Engi is badass - Though I think gg should keep it at the japanese name, and not translate it into "Play". Also... Engi - potential ally in the future? It looks quite like that.

John Doe has the potential of a final boss for the season, but something doesn't feel right yet - There will probably be a twist in the next episode if he really is Pharoth, though I'll probably keep doubting it.

Yumeji trying to protect Merry was kind of a given IMO, I was looking forward to it. Hopefully we get a bit of his and Merry's common backstory in the next episode, since the OP hints at something big.
Feb 4, 2011 5:04 AM

Aug 2010
Cool fight in this one and the new dream demon is really cool. It was good to see (almost see) Yumeji step in help out any way he can.

Next ep looks like the plot will really progress.
Feb 4, 2011 5:43 AM

Dec 2009
Nice!
I really like the characters in this show.
Feb 4, 2011 7:22 AM

Oct 2010
This episode was excellent at giving background info on Merry and the fight with Engi was a little choppy but very enjoyable none the less. I think the main issues to address is how I reflected upon all this and how the others reflect upon that. I think that Yumeji was going down into guys who are GAR. He proved himself at the last moment exactly that and there were some wonderful expressions of Merry, whom the art flavor made the following my favorite,

About Merry, like others have said Merry really is not good at video games. What’s interesting is that a same game never bores her. The key info really when she saw 10 times a particular sign. That alone meant 10 years of wandering around. Sadly enough she was alone for a long time from being alone in old ports to sleeping alone in abandoned sheds, the stressing of how lonesome she was, especially with rain pouring down on her. A classical of loneliness portraying that works itself out. What really got to me was Merry’s crying. It looked like she had a eternal gratefulness towards Yumeji for making her discover things. Thus comes a very much favorite of mines of Merry’s expressions in the spoiler
She also showed how she did not mind Yumeji seeing her naked with Isana and at wrong time, which made comedy good.

Merry looked so much cooler without her hat and that pose! She revolutionizes what may be elves in dreams fighting the bad people. Although this part of the fight was a little choppy, it was very good with Merry dodging. What really caught my curiosity during the fight is that Merry dissolved Engi’s sword. This seems to suggest she can dematerialize things in the dream world but I am wondering if it’s limited to only object or demons can also be affected. I also liked it when she got all serious at Yumeji in regards to her goal.

About Engi Three Play, I think her background info was very informative. In regards to her fighting power, her crater being left after her strike just proves monstrous power. That’s to add that she can slash out waves of energy most likely capable of cutting through even though I have yet to see how it does against protective barriers. Guess her ordeal is to find Pharroth Elcres whom I suspect nicknamed himself as John Doe since that is also IRL a nickname possibility. There is also the story of Engi’s sister. Who apparently got too curious to wander into the human world due to its light attraction. I am wondering though about Engi’s sister not having wings like Engi, would not that make her sister like at all to Engi, regardless she has a cute appearance. So I see that revenge is in due since Engi declares that she is dead by a dream demon.

What shocked me is that she revealed to Merry that dream demons cannot return once in reality. I have a hard time believing that because there certainly is not all that she knows in the possibilities existing. I do believe that once a dream demon is dead, it is a oblivion for it. In other words, a complete erasure of their existence. That means Serio is gone for good. Her declaring of removing her sister’s burden is quite a challenge. That means Engi has to kill all dream demons as well as that Elcres person. Found it interesting that Engi’s sword attack has different swords with what looks like a flower on them but each of different colors.

Rest in spoiler
About preview, episode 6 will be the real shit! At halfway they took a really good choice and I can’t wait to see how it will pan itself out. Things like Merry’s over power, holy shit John Doe is fucking back! Brilliant! I am also a little worried TBH about Yumeji. It looks like he really gets wounded with actual blood. It is still to determine if those wounds are real or just like that in the day dream and I am hoping Merry finds a way to heal him or to remove those wounds. Remember she could remove the sword of Engi.
Yumekichi11Feb 4, 2011 7:52 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 4, 2011 7:28 AM

Apr 2010
Yui and her friend are a bit vague but this is what makes them cute.
Especially Yui and the way she was talking about that doll made her seem very cute.
Yumeji catch made me laugh how can you fall in such a way not to mention before two girls you don't even know.
It also seems like Yui fell for Yumeji at first sight in such a obvious way that even her friend noticed, who also happened to be very considerate of Yui.

The revelation they where speaking about last week could have been wrong from are little angel as John Doe mentioned they could return.
With this cliffhanger i am wondering what will happen next week i cant wait to be honest.
Feb 4, 2011 7:57 AM

May 2009
About John Doe:
Feb 4, 2011 8:08 AM

Oct 2010
viral_hun said:
About John Doe:
Really? Nice spoiler there. I still knew John had something to do with that person. BTW since you mention what John will do to help out, can you also reveal if he will join in on the team? Now I really want to see #6. Shit is going to get over 9000 levels of excitement and I can already feel it.

Feb 4, 2011 8:24 AM
Jan 2009
Reminder: gg's subs are shit. Her name is NOT "Three-Act Play", it's Engi Threepiece. gg is a retarded shitsub group who TRANSLATED SOMEONE'S NAME.
Feb 4, 2011 9:13 AM

Aug 2010
Merry is so cute ^^'

Feb 4, 2011 10:37 AM

Aug 2010
AngelicFeces said:
CUTE GIRLS GALORE!

Haha, yeah. The character designers hit this one out of the park. Engi is like a female Sephiroth.

Really good episode. I'm not sure what to say other than this series is very interesting. One thing that stands out is that there relatively few main and supporting characters in this anime it seems. The only constants are Merry and Yumeji and their relationship seems to be the driving force behind the anime. It's quite a testament to the writers that they have managed to convincingly portray the relationship between them thus far without making it feel drawn out.
Feb 4, 2011 10:44 AM

Oct 2010
Yet again another great episode, filled with action, comedy ? and a little sad, realy getting into this anime :D
Feb 4, 2011 10:52 AM

Nov 2007
I want to believe John Doe that there is a way for dream-demons to go back.
If not, I feel really sad for Chris, as he didn't seem that much of a bad guy.

@viral_hun: can you at least notify if your spoiler contains spoilers for future eps?
Unlike Yumekichi11, I don't want to be spoiled about what's gonna happen next. :P
Feb 4, 2011 10:55 AM
Jun 2010
Hmm the synopsis says - Ten years ago Fujiwara noticed he had a power to see multicolored auras now we find merrys been in the real world for 10 years.
Feb 4, 2011 11:06 AM

May 2009
cleo: sorry about that, it's spoiler for future eps.

Yumekichi11 said:
viral_hun said:
About John Doe:
Really? Nice spoiler there. I still knew John had something to do with that person. BTW since you mention what John will do to help out, can you also reveal if he will join in on the team? Now I really want to see #6. Shit is going to get over 9000 levels of excitement and I can already feel it.

Once again, spoiler for future eps.
Feb 4, 2011 11:20 AM

Jul 2010
She's been here for 10 years already and now the Dream Demon tells her that there's no way back! You could see that it was a big blow for Merry.

The fight scene with Engi Threepiece was nice and in the end Yumeji sacrifices himself to protect Merry! In the preview you see he's injured and lying in a hospital, but I though humans couldn't get hurt in a dream? O_O

Anyways, the cliff hanger's killing me. I hope Yumeji's ok! T_T

Feb 4, 2011 11:58 AM

Oct 2010
viral_hun said:

Yumekichi11 said:
viral_hun said:
About John Doe:
Sounds really promising! Will be waiting for all this to happen. Really looks good just to think about that new once formed will kick ass of every opposition.

Feb 4, 2011 12:12 PM

Oct 2010
Awww, this episode was sad :( And I hate cliffhangers.
Feb 4, 2011 12:23 PM

Oct 2010
I felt the battle scene had some pretty sloppy animations.
Nice ep, good plot development, to bad it had to end like this... is going to be a long week
huh?
Feb 4, 2011 12:45 PM

May 2010
Shit I don't like this eps end!
"My happiness comes from the kindness of those around me"
Feb 4, 2011 12:54 PM

Jun 2007
Great episode. I found myself thinking that yumeji was going to save Merry with some power he had thank you that he didn't because it makes it better. I'm expecting something good next episode. Yeah maybe yumeji created merry or brought her to the real world but forgot.
Feb 4, 2011 12:57 PM

May 2009
everything except the pic at the end I liked.

dream Demons have amazing eyes
Feb 4, 2011 1:06 PM

Sep 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
viral_hun said:

Yumekichi11 said:
viral_hun said:
About John Doe:
Sounds really promising! Will be waiting for all this to happen. Really looks good just to think about that new once formed will kick ass of every opposition.

For the love of god, you're spoiling it already by replying to the spoiler tagged posts.
WasabiFeb 4, 2011 7:07 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Jan 6, 2011

189 by Limi »»
Jan 6, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 7, 2011

180 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blackbird - Mar 31, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:25 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

97 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2011

86 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.