Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 22, 2008 5:06 PM

Sep 2008
360 Graphics/Game Selection, Probably because some odd story that makes no sense... Some odd Transition of Nintendo to Microsoft, Back to Nintendo... GB >> GBC >> N64 >> GBA >> GC >> SP >> Xbox >> DS lite >> Wii >> 360 || DSi
Oct 22, 2008 11:52 PM
Jun 2006
there arent that many exclusives nowadays.. and 360 getting the most jrpgs and the rest before ps3 makes me lean towards the 360, ( although I own a ps3 aswell o.O )

Jan 21, 2009 10:31 AM

Jun 2008
This deserves to be bumped so all the vs discussions can be here.

PS3 and 360 aren't evolving. I voted for Wii even though it asked for game selection and graphics because the Wii has a fine amount of clarity [in what you're doing] without going too detailed. Game play wise, the system of innovation triumphs the other two [I'll say one, as I do not have a 360; just play at others' houses]. It is near a fact that the other two will not be able to compete in innovated gaming and instead markets towards those who like playing the same game over and over. One game [Little Big Planet] doesn't change anything.

I do like the PS3 just because of the potential it has, but I like Nintendo much more than Sony, but that isn't the topic of the discussion.

Jan 21, 2009 10:43 AM

Aug 2008
Rikuna said:
This deserves to be bumped so all the vs discussions can be here.

PS3 and 360 aren't evolving. I voted for Wii even though it asked for game selection and graphics because the Wii has a fine amount of clarity [in what you're doing] without going too detailed. Game play wise, the system of innovation triumphs the other two [I'll say one, as I do not have a 360; just play at others' houses]. It is near a fact that the other two will not be able to compete in innovated gaming and instead markets towards those who like playing the same game over and over. One game [Little Big Planet] doesn't change anything.

I do like the PS3 just because of the potential it has, but I like Nintendo much more than Sony, but that isn't the topic of the discussion.

Seems like PS3 are getting lots of good games this year. Not any good RPG. D: I want Killzone 2!

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Jan 21, 2009 11:14 AM

Oct 2008
Obviously, the PS3. It's a Sony!
Jan 22, 2009 2:02 PM
Jun 2006
latest comparison out at eurogamer.. round 17..

not surprisingly a win for the 360 again :P

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/xbox-360-vs-ps3-face-off-round-17-article
Jan 22, 2009 3:58 PM

Jan 2008
izikiel said:
latest comparison out at eurogamer.. round 17..

not surprisingly a win for the 360 again :P

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/xbox-360-vs-ps3-face-off-round-17-article

Not surprising to who?
Jan 22, 2009 4:02 PM

Oct 2008
fanboys.
Jan 22, 2009 8:35 PM

Oct 2007
i think it depends on the age bracket,

wii is geared toward the casual gamer/younger audience. its fun and innovative, but lacks any real shining titles and or features like many have said.

360 is a good midpriced machine with an excellent selection of titles, but at the same time a lot of people i know who have it seem to be under 25, (note this is just my personal experience)

ps3 has potential to become great like the ps2, but right now the lack of major titles hinder it. and at the same time prices itself out of many younger/non hardcore gamers.

360 is the win for now for the fact that it has a variety of games available
Jan 22, 2009 11:06 PM

Dec 2007
Frito said:
fanboys.

Couldn't be more true.
Jan 22, 2009 11:50 PM

Jan 2009
Over the years I've picked up pretty much each and every console out there - And I have ended up with a Wii, 360 and PS3. Have to say it's the 360 I use the most, and has for more games than either of the other two consoles.

Dont get me wrong, the Wii is amazing, just has few AAA titles and could really do with some more games!

The PS3, While being the all singing, all dancing box of doom that it is, doesnt really offer anything over the 360. Even exclusives are going to be a thing of the past in the coming years, so I can see MGS and LBP heading to the 360 one day...

Though we're all missing the real point here... The Dreamcast is still the greatest console of all time ;)
Jan 23, 2009 12:07 AM

Jan 2009
Xbox 360 :)
Jan 23, 2009 1:53 AM
Nov 2008
Kira01 said:
Obviously, the PS3. It's a Sony!

Jan 23, 2009 3:05 AM

Apr 2007
mattcrowther said:

Though we're all missing the real point here... The Dreamcast is still the greatest console of all time ;)

THIS!
Jan 23, 2009 3:35 AM

Jul 2008
I used to hate politicians for turning gamers into politics. Now I hate gamers for turning gaming into politics.

Seriously, who cares what you play on, so long as you play! Now, stop the petty bitching and go play that game of yours that's been collecting dust due to your neglect.
Jan 23, 2009 4:03 AM

Jun 2008
Vagabond said:
I used to hate politicians for turning gamers into politics. Now I hate gamers for turning gaming into politics.

Seriously, who cares what you play on, so long as you play! Now, stop the petty bitching and go play that game of yours that's been collecting dust due to your neglect.

People like this kind of talk~ They like saying Wii/DS destroys the others :3

nod~nod~~

Jan 23, 2009 4:38 AM

Dec 2008
Xbox360 (your vote)
Jan 23, 2009 6:06 AM

Jan 2009
I can't vote.

I would like to say PS3 is my favourite, I love japanese games and majority of games that are Japanese will be released to this console. I love the controller, and I love the graphical capabilities. Unfortunately there is a lack of games on it at the moment that interest me (other than Metal Gear Solid: 4). As all others that i would play are also released to the 360 (such as Devil May Cry: 4, Final Fantasy XIII [except verses Xiii obviously]).

The 360 has an impressive collection of games. Unfortunately most of which are American made. I've got nothing against Americans, I just don't enjoy their video games as much as I do the japanese. I think the controllers are horrible, and it has a reputation of being faulty.

The Wii. I dislike, this doesn't even enter my head when I'm asked which console I prefer usually. I can see that it's a very good idea. But it just isn't for me. Nintendo over the years have become quite dull with their video games (or I've just grown up alot). I grew up with all the original Nintendo technology and enjoyed the originality of their video games. Now everything seems the same.

Overall, I can say I dislike this generation of video gaming. Everything is un-original and a sequel (minus the odd few). I do play some of these games casually, but there just isn't anything anymore that can take my attention for several days, It all gets too boring. I'd rather go live in the 90's again.
Jan 23, 2009 6:39 AM

Sep 2007
Guyver_Unit said:

The 360 has an impressive collection of games. Unfortunately most of which are American made. I've got nothing against Americans, I just don't enjoy their video games as much as I do the japanese.

I'm with you on the "I enjoy more Japanese games" part but I thought the 360 has more Japanese games than the first XBOX. The only ones I actually cared for last time was Sega and Tecmo games. Now more companies are pitching in.
Jan 23, 2009 8:35 AM

Jan 2009
Kuronoa said:
Guyver_Unit said:

The 360 has an impressive collection of games. Unfortunately most of which are American made. I've got nothing against Americans, I just don't enjoy their video games as much as I do the japanese.

I'm with you on the "I enjoy more Japanese games" part but I thought the 360 has more Japanese games than the first XBOX. The only ones I actually cared for last time was Sega and Tecmo games. Now more companies are pitching in.

Yeah, the 360 does indeed have alot more Japanese games than its predecessor, although I felt that the original Xbox was a huge disappointment. In General i still feel that the 360 has way too many American made games.
Jan 23, 2009 11:41 AM

Sep 2008
I have Wii and PS3, I want a 360 but I doubt I'll get one soon, brb gonna go play some guitar hero
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jan 23, 2009 11:42 AM
Jul 2018
I have a wii, but I want to get a PS3 also.
Jan 23, 2009 11:58 AM

Jun 2008
schoolboi15 said:

Don't@@; I have both and PS3 is a big waste :3!

Nintendo <3<3<3<3<3

Jan 23, 2009 12:00 PM

Jul 2008
Rikuna said:
schoolboi15 said:

Nintendo <3<3<3<3<3
Blasphemer!

But, I really do like Nintendo... must be built into me since I started it all on that damned NES and GB.
Jan 23, 2009 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
Vagabond said:
Rikuna said:
schoolboi15 said:

Nintendo <3<3<3<3<3
Blasphemer!

But, I really do like Nintendo... must be built into me since I started it all on that damned NES and GB.

I grew up with it also.
Jan 23, 2009 12:04 PM

Jun 2008
Vagabond said:
Rikuna said:
schoolboi15 said:

Nintendo <3<3<3<3<3
Blasphemer!

Nintendo is Gurren Lagann to me@@; They constantly evolve! They push new ideas! Those afraid of innovation have zero spiral energy, unfortunately. Those who are in love with the others are beastmen :3! While spiral races enjoy Wii (+DS)~~

Jan 23, 2009 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
Rikuna said:
Vagabond said:
Rikuna said:
schoolboi15 said:

Nintendo <3<3<3<3<3
Blasphemer!

Nintendo is Gurren Lagann to me@@; They constantly evolve! They push new ideas! Those afraid of innovation have zero spiral energy, unfortunately. Those who are in love with the others are beastmen :3! While spiral races enjoy Wii (+DS)~~

This is true, Nintendo is coming up with new methods of gameplay. PS3 and XBox360 just increased the quality of the graphics and basically are like entertainment systems, but I still want a ps3(at least for the blu-ray and maybe a few games)
Jan 23, 2009 12:21 PM

Jun 2008
Their controller is almost as comfortable as the legendary Nintendo GameCube controller too@@;

By itself - it is rather awkward, but when you lay down~ you can have the wii mote at your side~ then your head resting on a pillow with your arm with the nunchuck sticking out under it(arm bent under - nunchuck infront of you~) :3

^ (position I played Dawn of the New World in~ Trauma Center was such an exciting game that I knew I couldn't do that though - I was too busy saving lives!)

Jan 23, 2009 12:53 PM

Dec 2008
schoolboi15 said:
Rikuna said:
Vagabond said:
Rikuna said:
schoolboi15 said:

Nintendo <3<3<3<3<3
Blasphemer!

This is true, Nintendo is coming up with new methods of gameplay. PS3 and XBox360 just increased the quality of the graphics and basically are like entertainment systems, but I still want a ps3(at least for the blu-ray and maybe a few games)

Nintedo 64 = Win.
Jan 23, 2009 2:22 PM

Sep 2008
Rikuna said:
Vagabond said:
Rikuna said:
schoolboi15 said:

Nintendo <3<3<3<3<3
Blasphemer!

Yes if it was a gurren lagann was made out of card board and bits of trash, Wii is great but, graphics wise and no HD and no multimedia, really fuck it over
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jan 23, 2009 2:27 PM

Jun 2008
Jigero said:
Rikuna said:
Vagabond said:
Rikuna said:
schoolboi15 said:

Nintendo <3<3<3<3<3
Blasphemer!

Yes if it was a gurren lagann was made out of card board and bits of trash, Wii is great but, graphics wise and no HD and no multimedia, really fuck it over

I play games for the gameplay! Sometimes (before my last 4~5 games) for story. Not pure graphics. And - I never knew someone who had a console box and didn't have a DVD player. 360 is worthless@@; At least PS3 gave a lot of people the capability to play BluRay@@; Also - the Wii can play DVDs - it is inside the box, just not activated. You need that one progrem - is it Ocarina? I never did it anyways as I have a PS3 to play my DVDs - or 4 other DVD players scattered in my house.

If we're talking about saving music or movies... Yeah - I have a computer and don't even do that on my PS3.

Jan 23, 2009 3:26 PM

Jan 2008
schoolboi15 said:
Vagabond said:
Rikuna said:
schoolboi15 said:

Nintendo <3<3<3<3<3
Blasphemer!

I grew up with it also.

I grew up with it too(I've had my NES for about 21 years now), but the Wii is looking like the first Nintendo console I will skip. Unless of course they make a epic StarFox game. :|
Jan 23, 2009 3:45 PM

Jun 2007
Rikuna said:
360 is worthless@@;

Oh, I didn't know that this was fact now? Explain please just how it's worthless.
MY FIGHT MONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!
Jan 23, 2009 3:49 PM

Jun 2008
xeixei said:
Rikuna said:
360 is worthless@@;

Oh, I didn't know that this was fact now? Explain please just how it's worthless.

Look at it in the context I put it. If I say, "xeixei is worthless!" After I just pointed out your stupidity - I don't think people would be confused on why I said it. Same deal and of course - a hypothetical :3

[maybe they could be {confused} - if they didn't read my full post of what you chose selectively what to quote similar to how liberals spin stuff <3]

Jan 23, 2009 4:04 PM

Apr 2007
Rikuna said:

Look at it in the context I put it. If I say, "xeixei is worthless!" After I just pointed out your stupidity - I don't think people would be confused on why I said it. Same deal and of course - a hypothetical :3

[maybe they could be {confused} - if they didn't read my full post of what you chose selectively what to quote similar to how liberals spin stuff <3]

But, you see, my Dear, you actually didn't mention the 360 in your post. There was no prefix, or suffix to anything regarding the three sixty. Let me break it down for you:

Rikuna said:

I play games for the gameplay! Sometimes (before my last 4~5 games) for story. Not pure graphics.

Right, first point here. Fine, fair point, you've mentioned you play games for the gameplay.

rikuna said:
And - I never knew someone who had a console box and didn't have a DVD player.

Second point, ok, fine. Still no real relation to the 360 though.

rikuna said:
360 is worthless@@;

Ok...Where did that come from? We've gone from talking about playing games for gameplay, to talking about DVD players, and then suddenly this pops out from the middle of no where. You will have to forgive my other half if he is confused, but I share the same mindset, how exactly did you get there? Pray do tell, I'd love to know.

rikuna said:
At least PS3 gave a lot of people the capability to play BluRay@@;

Ok...Fine, yes, the PS3 can play Blue Ray DVDs.

rikuna said:
Also - the Wii can play DVDs - it is inside the box, just not activated. You need that one progrem - is it Ocarina? I never did it anyways as I have a PS3 to play my DVDs - or 4 other DVD players scattered in my house.

Right, so your issue with the 360 is that it CANNOT (or at least your issue in this post) play DVDs? I can't say anything for American 360's, but I know we watch DVD's on our 360 all the time.

Plus, Rikuna, I'd really rather you didn't call my other half "worthless". I'm sure there are many other examples on this earth, other than insulting somebody in the middle of the thread.

Please, if I do have this wrong, please quote previous (or your post) to show where abouts you got that hypothetical statement from.
Jan 23, 2009 4:17 PM

Aug 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
I grew up with it too(I've had my NES for about 21 years now), but the Wii is looking like the first Nintendo console I will skip. Unless of course they make a epic StarFox game. :|
I'm with you. I grew up on NES and probably should have skipped the Wii. What it has to offer doesn't appeal to me and it just sits there untouched for months. I figured I'd be playing with it by now when I bought it. A new Star Fox could be fun though.
Jan 23, 2009 4:26 PM

Sep 2007
I figure if you like arcade style games, the Wii has a lot of titles you can play. I doubt you guys bought the system for RPGs considering Nintendo hasn't gained huge support of them on consoles since the SNES.
I myself bought it partly of Arcade fun. I still have PS2 games to complete and I also have both handhelds to keep me busy. The 360 and PS3 each has games I would want but it is expensive to keep up with since I have other platforms.
Jan 23, 2009 11:49 PM

Dec 2007
Although I'm the biggest PS fanboy, I'd have to go with Xbox 360 because of there wide variety of games, compared to the PS3 and Wii's 3 or 4 big titles
Jan 23, 2009 11:56 PM

May 2008
i only have a Wii and i have to say the games are very interesting.Super Smash was a bit boring but Harvest Moon Tree of Tranqulity, Fire Emblem Radient Dawn and Tales of Symphonia Dawn to the New World brought back my interest.

But its true that the Graphics of PS3 and Xbox360 are way better and there are lots of awesome games coming out in those systems as well

Still i like to swing my wii controller around and im quite looking forward to House of the Dead Overkill so ill go with Wii

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 24, 2009 3:47 AM
Oct 2008
I like to have a bit of variety in my games.(instead of just one or a couple genres)
Thats why I voted for the xbox 360.

I waited 3 years before picking one up in November of 08.
There was reasons I waited.

1. is no money... :(
  2. I really didn't want to get stuck with another failed or discontinued console.

I learned my lesson from the Dreamcast on that note. (Though it will be missed).

Also I have this hunch that the console with "mid range" system specs does the best.
(example Last or 5 generation consoles)
Hopefully with this era of consoles will in fact prove my hunch is wrong for once and all.

Side note:
I noticed someone was mentioning apple design with the new game consoles.
(example: the wii and 360)
So I thought you should know.
Apple really did design a game console back in 1995 called Apple Bandai Pippin
"It was kicked the sh*t out of, lit on fire, and then thrown out of 3 story building by the PS1, Saturn, and later N64."
(just found it interesting)
DrizzkaJan 24, 2009 4:08 AM
Jan 24, 2009 9:18 AM

Nov 2008
I would choose PS3 because I grew up playing PS1 and PS2, which made me familiar with that console and many anime-based games would probably be ported to PS# as it is made in Japan

Lizlet L Chelsie and Anri Hiiragi are my waifus!! XD
Jan 24, 2009 11:36 AM

Mar 2008
Rebellion125 said:
I would choose PS3 because I grew up playing PS1 and PS2, which made me familiar with that console and many anime-based games would probably be ported to PS# as it is made in Japan

What he just said is my exact reason as well.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Jan 24, 2009 12:06 PM

Jun 2007
I can understand the anime-based game statement, but what as also been stated in the past few posts has made me wonder...

Just how much "Brand Loyalty" do you guys have when it comes to making your choices in regards to what platform you would buy a game?

Say for instance, hypothetically speaking, if a game came out for all three platforms and it played and looked EXACTLY the same for all three, which would you want to buy it on? And why?
Jan 24, 2009 12:16 PM

Jun 2007
I'd best answer this myself really, I'd have to say the PS3. Mainly because its the most expensive box under my TV and you could say that I'm trying to justify my purchase.

I'm having this problem at the moment with SF4, I WANT to get it for the PS3, but most of the people I know are getting it on the 360, and the tourneys will be played mainly on the 360. But I also have friends who are getting it for the PS3.

I think the solution for me is to get it for the PS3, and then get a custom made PS3/360 arcade stick should I want to enter any competitions with it.
Jan 24, 2009 2:09 PM

Aug 2008
Well, I purchased my Wii solely based on brand loyalty. The great Nintendo games I was dreaming of didn't really happen yet or other games that were good were already available elsewhere in similar form (Trauma Center, Cooking Mama, Okami, Harvest Moon, etc..), so it was a harsh reality. If I really think about it, the last really awesome Nintendo console for me was the SNES.

In terms of the multiplatform titles, I don't do online components, so I usually go PC (mods) > PS3 (controller) > Xbox360 (often gets stuff first)
Jan 24, 2009 2:42 PM

Jun 2008
Wow... If there is another doctor game that has story progression visual novel style on PS3~ that would be amazing! [360, but horrible!] [PC @@;?]

The Trauma Center games is too hands on! That is what most likely beats the other smelly things like it! (although, I have no idea which you are referencing towards).

Jan 24, 2009 3:18 PM

Aug 2008
Rikuna said:
Wow... If there is another doctor game that has story progression visual novel style on PS3~ that would be amazing! [360, but horrible!] [PC @@;?]

The Trauma Center games is too hands on! That is what most likely beats the other smelly things like it! (although, I have no idea which you are referencing towards).
No, but the same game existed on Nintendo DS. The first one was basically a port of it. I was hoping for more than ports.

PC is great. ;-p All my favorite games are on it.
Jan 24, 2009 3:19 PM

Sep 2007
xeixei said:
Say for instance, hypothetically speaking, if a game came out for all three platforms and it played and looked EXACTLY the same for all three, which would you want to buy it on? And why?

Well last gen I did this:

I usually go for the system with the lowest amount of games I own or the system that I don't have a game to beat really. Since the PS2 usually has enough games as is I stick with Gamecube or XBOX.
Games I would buy that were PS2/XBOX only I go for XBOX because it needs more Japanese games for me to play. This was Silent Hill and Fatal Frame.
I do have an exception and that was Psychonauts. Reviews said the PS2 version was worse so I got it on Xbox. =P

1st party I would go this: Nintendo, then Sony, then MS. MS makes too many games that doesn't interest me. I do like Project Gotham Racing though. Sony's Team ICO is amazing and they do publish a few good RPGs too.
Jan 24, 2009 5:35 PM

Jun 2008
shinkeikaku said:
Rikuna said:

No, but the same game existed on Nintendo DS. The first one was basically a port of it. I was hoping for more than ports.

PC is great. ;-p All my favorite games are on it.

Ah ah~~ I dunno@@; I think the port is superior (just by looking) as you have more tools~~ I think I do like the sequel, UtK2 probably more than the Wii one just because of portability. Also - switching really fast via nunchuck feels like I am cheating ; ;!

Jan 24, 2009 6:45 PM

Aug 2008
Rikuna said:
Ah ah~~ I dunno@@; I think the port is superior (just by looking) as you have more tools~~ I think I do like the sequel, UtK2 probably more than the Wii one just because of portability. Also - switching really fast via nunchuck feels like I am cheating ; ;!
Even if the port is superior (they often are beefed up to entice people), that still doesn't make it original which is what I was hinting at. I have faith in Nintendo's portable game innovation (lots of great DS games and ideas!), but not so much in the console so far.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

6 by rohan121 »»
3 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

136 by L0bsterman »»
3 hours ago

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - 9 hours ago

4 by L0bsterman »»
3 hours ago

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

21 by L0bsterman »»
3 hours ago

» Sega's Golden Axe video games series gets a cartoon adaptation

tchitchouan - Yesterday

1 by Adnash »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.