Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jan 31, 2011 7:18 PM

I received the first “Star Driver” Blue-ray disc this past weekend. It is from Aniplex - ANZX 9771. The Blue-ray disc contains the first three episodes. There are also two extras in the Limited Edition, a 40 page “Star Driver Visual Materials” book, and a CD that contains 4 versions of “Monochrome.

The “Star Driver Visual Materials” book has double page spreads for each of the main characters and main mechas from the early part of the series. The spreads contain various preliminary design sketches as well as the final designs from the series. There are also a couple of Staff interviews.

The CD contains a full vocal version of “Monochrome” (5 minutes) followed by the “apprivoiser” vocal version. The full version is a little more upbeat – almost a “remix”. The two vocal versions are followed by non-vocal (kareoke) versions. I like the “apprivoiser” version more than the full version.

BTW – I finally looked up the English translation of “apprivoiser” and found out that it means, “to tame”.

The box cover has a picture of Takuto on it with his scar glowing. The disk clamshell has a wrap around cover of Takuto as Ginga Bishounen.

The back of the box has the following on it:

“You can hear the world speak to you when what you WANT to do and OUGHT to do are one and the same.”

Jan 31, 2011 9:09 PM

I've now had a chance to watch the first episode again on the Blue-ray disk. Wow! Does it ever look great!

Now the events of the first episode make a lot more sense in some ways, but are still mysterious in others. For example, this time when I watched Sakana-san get her barrier broken I noticed that: a - she was naked and b - she seemed to be a willing participant. On second viewing after 4 months that scene was a lot more EVA-like than it seemed to me the first time that I watched it.

This is definitely a series that will require multiple viewings to appreciate fully.

Feb 2, 2011 5:19 AM

Pictures of your set, pleaaaase.

Feb 2, 2011 8:06 AM

desolato said:

I've scanned the box cover and the Blue-ray case cover. Can I post them here? They are both jpegs - 1 is 400K and the other is 1.2Meg.

Thanks

Feb 2, 2011 8:15 AM

desolato said:

I tried replying before but my reply didn't show up. (Maybe I deleted it...)

Is it possible (and okay) to post images in messages?

If it is, how do I do it? (I've tried pasting in images but that doesn't work.)

Thanks again