Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 30, 2011 12:25 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OH GOD! That hot Takuto body and scar!
I want his supple fingers to gently glide across my body as he caresses my back with oil!
Head is such a troll with his FABULOUS takeover and taking the lounge to Zero Time. I can't decide if Sugata with Pillow-kun was better.

I came when Takuto rocketed himself.

GINGA BISHOUUUUUUUUNEN EVERYWHERE!?
Lack of Mrs. Watanabe on the beach made me sad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2011 12:32 AM
Jan 2010
This episode was one of the best ones yet. Keito's song is awesome and what the fuck Tau Missile.
Jan 30, 2011 12:33 AM

May 2009

God DAMN them nips.

He also shot himself out of fucking Tauburn. He also saved her, WHAT A GENTLEMAN.
Jan 30, 2011 1:13 AM

Jan 2009
highlights
- Head visited a hospital to see a comatose beauty
- an old man appears that monitors the islands activity is that Kanako's husband?
- Sarina is topless!!! HNNGGGGG!!!
- Vanishing Age takes over Glittering Crux
- new battle song courtesy of Keito (crushes my hopes of a maiden duet , but good song)
- Takuto launches himself as a missile, WTF!!!
- new ending song scenes
Jan 30, 2011 5:44 AM

Nov 2010
Quite nice episode. It's nice to see that battles are improving a little bit :D Although in the preview there wasn't shown will there be any battle next week, but still I can't wait for the next week's episode, because it seems that it will be centered on Keito.
Jan 30, 2011 6:12 AM

Apr 2008
WTF awesome episode
- Madoka Kei and Kou Atari both remind me of Sailor Neptune and Sailor Uranus.
- And what in the world is with their outfits O_o
- Very nice song by Keito.
- Tau Missile = Takuto launches himself as a missile, WTF indeed!
- New scene in ED looks badass and Keito scene was very fitting.

Overall another Fabulous episode.
Jan 30, 2011 6:39 AM

Sep 2009
F**k. I saw scene in bus from 8th episode but didn't understand that Eastern Miko and Ivronge is one person. Smth strange happens with me ).

BTW new battle song is good as always but Monochrome still not bitten
Jan 30, 2011 6:58 AM

Jan 2009
ok after watching episode 17 with subs from GG, i got this infos

wako - seal is something to do with maintaining the presence of zero time
mizuno - seal is something to do with real marked people can only enter the cybodies
keito - seal is something to do with making the cybody and the marked pilot become one being
sakana - seal is something to do with ???

so any theories about sakana's seal purpose?

EDIT:

ok after skimming episode 1 again and got some more ideas from other forums where i ask this question, i think sakana's seal got something to do with giving golden mask to the statues, and if a statue has a golden mask then the cybercasket which is actually a man-made invention by the glittering crux can transform and drive the cybodies artificially, then when the statues turns to robots this is when wako's seal starts to act and thats imprisoning the cybody to zero-time
degJan 30, 2011 7:45 AM
Jan 30, 2011 7:51 AM

Jan 2009
Sarina <3 That is all.
Cheerio Chesto!
Madoka is as close to a mahou shoujo as she'll ever get now.
And they couldn't at least make females call themselves "Ginga Bishoujo" instead? >_>
Anyway, besides the details, I liked the episode.
A few more minutes of Sarina and it'd have been the best episode yet.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 30, 2011 8:03 AM

Jan 2011
Another great episode, and the new characters are awesome. Four of the seven members of Vanishing Age's new group have already been beaten by Takuto though, and make that five with the recent win.. and if there is only a 50% chance of living through the regeneration process, someone is probably going to die..
Jan 30, 2011 8:07 AM

Aug 2008
CHESTOO!
Jan 30, 2011 9:46 AM

Mar 2010
STAR DRIVER EP 17

MY BODY WAS NOT READY

SO MUCH KIRA KIRA

SO MANY DAZZLING STEEGIS

SO MUCH FABULOUS

TAU MISSAILU

when Windod Star dazzled the fucking stage? I fucking' clapped.

oh this was just beautiful start for the third arc.
XardieJan 30, 2011 9:51 AM
Jan 30, 2011 9:54 AM

Feb 2009
So being a Ginga Bishounen is just a title for being in the third phase.
Is Takuto in the 4th phase or something or is he just a reaaaallyy overpowered third phase Driver?
Lol Watanabe worried that Takashi won't be able to massage her xD.
Lol also at Sugata wipeout and holding a pillow at Zero Time.
And Takuto is the luckiest person out there to get to apply oil to those two new girls, even if they were the new enemies.
I like the new insert song.
Oh and a fabulous episode this was. Getting better and better now.
Jan 30, 2011 10:04 AM
Mar 2010
Star Driver is getting better as the season goes along. The coup was pretty foreseeable, but I wonder why there are so many ginga bishounens on the other side. Anyhow, Tauburn is way too OP; Takuto's got a random move every few weeks to pull out (pretty cool stuff though).
Had a good laugh at the start of Zero Time, especially with both Sugata and Takuto having pillows. New insert song sounds pretty great, ED scenes modified to reflect new arc.
Epic volleyball game? Somehow they all only got to serve once...some crazy streaks there. They'd win the AVP tour anyday.
Jan 30, 2011 10:40 AM
Jul 2010
I'm not even going to break down why that was so badass. It just was.
Jan 30, 2011 11:12 AM

May 2009
-Lunacie said:
Another great episode, and the new characters are awesome. Four of the seven members of Vanishing Age's new group have already been beaten by Takuto though, and make that five with the recent win.. and if there is only a 50% chance of living through the regeneration process, someone is probably going to die..

Well the director said in an interview before the start of the show that noone will die in it, so I don't think so.

It was a great episode. The plot is progressing, and I'm liking the series more and more. I hope Glittering Crux will be able to reach phase 5, it'd really get interesting from there.
Jan 30, 2011 11:31 AM

Aug 2009
Everybody in Vanishing Age is a Ginga Bishounen!
Jan 30, 2011 11:33 AM

Jan 2010
Really good ep. The only thing i didn't liked was that the annoying blonde chick was a Ginga Bishonen too.

The Tau Missile was amazing and it's cool how the crux members are thinking of Takuto.

Oh yeah, Head owned everyone back there :O

Jan 30, 2011 11:36 AM

Sep 2010
New Insert song isn't bad at all :)
What ... A Female Ginga Bishounen? x°
Takuto prefers surfing than massaging the girl's back
Jan 30, 2011 12:23 PM

Aug 2010
Nice episode ^^

Jan 30, 2011 12:32 PM

Oct 2009
Why does the green haired girl sound like a man???
Jan 30, 2011 1:23 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Alright, slight variation in the battle sequence... finally....

But come on, there are a few episodes left and the plot is really shallow so far....Better having some more surprising elements. than the predictable outcome...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 30, 2011 1:27 PM

Nov 2009
Not sure if i liked the new insert yet, but yes it was better than nothing. (Anyone else have Monochrome played over 100 times since it released?) XD

I have to say i am going to like this third arc. Mainly because there is actually a challenge although we know he will win anyways.

Head's act was fabulous though.
Jan 30, 2011 2:36 PM

Feb 2009
Unbearably fabulous episode.
Fabulous Saiga Mitsuki, fabulous lesbian romance, fabulous Vanishing Age, fabulous Head...you name it.
I love how Keito was the epitome of calmness when the coup d'état took place.
Urufuzu_reinJan 30, 2011 2:45 PM
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Jan 30, 2011 3:10 PM

Jul 2008
Ami Koshimizu sings! Finally.

Jan 30, 2011 3:17 PM

Mar 2010
TeenChibi said:

because the seyuu has done many male roles

breaking Fish Girl's seal = move from 1st phase to 2nd phase
breakin Mizuno's seal = move from 2nd phase to 3rd phase
Jan 30, 2011 3:38 PM

Oct 2010
Jan 30, 2011 3:44 PM

Dec 2007
Holy shit, if each new episode keeps getting better than the last in this second half, then I can only imagine an extremely epic climax! *o*

Btw, I lol'd at Head's "Fuck you!" to everyone. "Hey gaiz, we got 3rd phase but only REAL Star Drivers can pilot Cybodies now. Tee hee. *troll face*"

But Hegent's appearance was pretty random...it's the same Cybody from episode 4, which Ivrogne used to trap Takuto and Wako in that dream-like Zero Time. Weird. Plus, if Madoka called herself a Galactic Pretty Boy because she was combined with Hegent, then all the Cybodies are actually male. :P

Oh yeah, and East Maiden's song made this episode win.

ios said:

mizuno - seal is something to do with real marked people can only enter the cybodies
keito - seal is something to do with making the cybody and the marked pilot become one being

Sakana's seal upgraded the Cybodies to 2nd Phase. Mizuno's seal upgraded them to 3rd Phase. Keito's seal is necessary to upgrade to 4th Phase, but as explained in this episode, then the pilots would be trapped in Zero Time. So both East and South Seals need to be undone at the same time to upgrade to 4th Phase and to unseal Zero Time.

TeenChibi said:

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that. It doesn't make it any better that she's also another Galactic Pretty Boy. XD

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Jan 30, 2011 3:47 PM

May 2009
^And how the heck did they break Sakana-chan's seal if they couldn't pilot cybodies?
Jan 30, 2011 4:19 PM
Jan 2010
viral_hun said:
^And how the heck did they break Sakana-chan's seal if they couldn't pilot cybodies?

Uhh, really? Head's 1st phase power is the ability to use Star Sword Diamant outside of Zero Time. It was shown in episode 1.
Jan 30, 2011 4:27 PM

Dec 2007
viral_hun said:

Watch episode 1 again @ 11:50~, if you downloaded it. If not, it's the scene right after the intro.
SeekerJan 30, 2011 4:31 PM

Jan 30, 2011 4:44 PM

Dec 2008
ZOMFWTFBBQSOS!!!! Takuto, you sexy ass rocket launching beast!!! Marry me!!!
That green-haired girl sounds like a dude.
I do not like this insert song. NOTHING can even come close to the awesomeness of Monochrome!!

viral_hun said:

Well the director said in an interview before the start of the show that noone will die in it, so I don't think so.

Perhaps no one will die, but I'm pretty sure that a few people are going to end up comatose before this is all over.
Jan 30, 2011 4:51 PM

Jul 2009
Star Driver finally has some bona fide lesbians. *_*

Keito/Ivrogne's Maiden song is nice. I'm sure it will grow on me more, during this arc... Though, Sakana-chan's "Monochrome" is still my favorite. Mizuno's song was a bit too peppy/hopeful to signal a coming battle. But Keito/Ivrogne's song is nice.

Any theories on who the comatose woman in the beginning was?
Jan 30, 2011 6:24 PM

Jul 2009
HawthorneKitty said:

Lack of Mrs. Watanabe on the beach made me sad.

This.

SO MUCH FAAAABULOUS
Also, Monochrome is still pretty much the best.
wheresthehandleJan 30, 2011 6:30 PM
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 30, 2011 6:25 PM

Jan 2009
TeenChibi said:

the author and director of this show says Star Driver is base on old school anime elements, so those vanishing age lesbian girls imo resembles sailor neptune and sailer uranus of sailor moon, and sailor uranus has a manly voice too, hear her voice here

Seeker said:

ios said:

Sakana's seal upgraded the Cybodies to 2nd Phase. Mizuno's seal upgraded them to 3rd Phase. Keito's seal is necessary to upgrade to 4th Phase, but as explained in this episode, then the pilots would be trapped in Zero Time. So both East and South Seals need to be undone at the same time to upgrade to 4th Phase and to unseal Zero Time.

i edited my last post but ill clear it again, when people say 2nd phase they think of Cybercasket, and we all know the Cybercaskset is just man made by the Glittering Crux's Science guild division, you can say that Cybercaskets in programming terms is a hack for the glittering crux to bypass the effect of Mizuno's seal for them to enter the Cybdodies and transform them to robots

those phases (1st phase, 2nd phase, etc) imo are just code names for the strategic plan of the Glittering Crux

what i was looking for are the natural effect of the Maidens Seal, but if you read my previous post i got the answer already
degJan 30, 2011 6:32 PM
Jan 30, 2011 7:21 PM

Dec 2007
ios said:
i edited my last post but ill clear it again, when people say 2nd phase they think of Cybercasket, and we all know the Cybercaskset is just man made by the Glittering Crux's Science guild division, you can say that Cybercaskets in programming terms is a hack for the glittering crux to bypass the effect of Mizuno's seal for them to enter the Cybdodies and transform them to robots

No, you're the only one here confusing the Cybercasket for Second Phase. Let's make one thing clear about the Cybercasket: it was created to allow those without marks to pilot their Cybodies. Because originally, only those with marks were supposed to be able pilot Cybodies. The Cybercasket was not necessary factor for 2nd Phase; it was a crutch.

Head, who possessed a real mark, was able to pilot his Cybody without the Cybercasket despite being in 2nd Phase, during that brief period in which we see him break Mizuno's seal.

Another example is Takashi. Yes, in episode 3, he did use the Cybercasket, but at the end of the battle, Head asks him "How'd it feel to use the Cybercasket even though you have a mark?" Implying Takashi didn't even need to use the Cybercasket. And when Secretary/Simone battled Tauburn, Takashi was able to pilot it from the cockpit, rather than the Cybercasket.

those phases (1st phase, 2nd phase, etc) imo are just code names for the strategic plan of the Glittering Crux

No, those Phases are actual phases in the Cybodies' developments. In episode one, even Wako uses the term "Second Phase" when she realizes that the Crux could pilot their Cybodies.

what i was looking for are the natural effect of the Maidens Seal, but if you read my previous post i got the answer already

I responded because I felt there were still some discrepancies with your post. Sakana's seal upgraded the Cybodies to Phase 2, which allows "Galactic Pretty Boys" to pilot. Mizuno's seal upgraded them to Phase 3, which unseals more of their power. Keito's seal will upgrade them to Phase 4 (presumably the last phase), which will allow them to become one with their Cybodies. And Wako's seal will unseal Zero Time.

Jan 30, 2011 7:42 PM

Aug 2008
TeenChibi said:
I was wondering the same thing. Her voice definitely sounds... gruff.

Good grief, Glittering Crux just keeps on coming. It looks like I was taking the wrong approach by looking at these fights as if Takuto's defeat was their only goal. They've clearly been going after the maidens, but Takuto's defeats have had minimal effect on them. The opponents looks to be real threats now and he's still badly outnumbered. Hopefully this means the show will get more serious now, as these duels have mostly felt like nothing more than a game.

I also think that Tau Missile exposes Takuto and Tauburn as much as anybody else. If he can knock someone out of cybody, there's nothing so far saying one of the Vanishing Age members can't do that to him as well.

Jan 30, 2011 7:54 PM

Jan 2009
@Seeker

ok your that informative then tell me how will you explain each phases and elaborate too the maiden's seals, i like to know if your interpretation is not as confusing

take note that 2nd phase is not about cybercasket like you agreed too, as cybercaskets is a invention of the glittering crux science guild right? and the zero time whenever it is seen is from wako's seal, so the 2nd phase or Sakana's seal has nothing to do with zero time
degJan 30, 2011 8:09 PM
Jan 30, 2011 8:03 PM

Aug 2010
Cool episode. Takuto's attack where he shot himself out of his cybody was awesome. I miss Mizuno though :(
Jan 30, 2011 8:41 PM

Dec 2007
ios said:
@Seeker

ok your that informative then tell me how will you explain each phases and elaborate too the maiden's seals, i like to know if your interpretation is not as confusing

take note that 2nd phase is not about cybercasket like you agreed too, as cybercaskets is a invention of the glittering crux science guild right? and the zero time whenever it is seen is from wako's seal, so the 2nd phase or Sakana's seal has nothing to do with zero time

...you did not read anything I said. I already explained the phases and the maiden's seals and I already explained that the Cybercaskets have nothing to do with 2nd Phase beyond being a crutch for non-mark holders to pilot Cybodies.

Jan 30, 2011 9:01 PM

Dec 2007
Lots of changes in the organization. I wonder if some of the old crew will switch sides now.

@ios,

1st phase --> no seal --> special skill (can be used anywhere)
2nd phase --> Sakana seal --> allows cybodies to move
3rd phase --> Mizuno seal --> power up (prevents casket use)
4th phase --> Keito seal --> cybody merge
Wako seal --> breaks zero time

The only thing I'm wondering is how is Takuto a phase higher from the start. Anyone know?
Jan 30, 2011 9:08 PM

Mar 2010
I couldn't stop LOLing at the Tau missile.
Gawd, this show is ridiculous lol.
Jan 30, 2011 9:21 PM

Aug 2009
So, new group comes out and they are presented as stronger than the previous ones. Takuto, easy wins through the first already. When we will see some actual "Oh sh**" moments? Like to the extreme? 8 episodes left, hope something good comes through before it's over =/
Jan 30, 2011 9:52 PM

Nov 2007
guy in the hospital.... Takuto's father maybe? I'm going out on a limb and saying Head is Takuto's brother. did we get confirmation on Head's real name?

those 2 new girls.... wtf was with the nipples on those outfits? that one's voice Kou, I think? sounded like a guy. were they working for some old guy? maybe he's the real end boss?

Takuto still wins easily and missiles himself? again wtf? Sugata also pretty useless now. though the 3rd stage was interesting and Head's take over, less fodder star drivers and vanishing age gets new members.

still same old same old, story then random stardriver looks cool then loses easily to tauburn. oh well.
Jan 30, 2011 10:05 PM
Mar 2009
Kou's seiyuu sounds very...manly...and Madoka was squealing way too much. Are they lovers?

Head's henchman there was wearing...a man thong...MY EYES!! Vanishing Age is now the only one's who can pilot Cybodies now? That kind of fails for everyone else.

Wow, so every Driver that reaches third phase is known as a "Ginga Bishounen." That actually pretty lame. Tauburn shines red now. Is that because of last week's powerup? WTF was with Tau missle? He launches himself and then Tauburn follows him?

Damn, all these maiden songs are so good.
Jan 30, 2011 10:55 PM

Aug 2010
TAU MISSLE LOL!

I love this show, but I can't explain why. It's just so much fun, I'd love to be on that island myself. I think I compare this to The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya in that I find the characters so cool and interesting; it's been awhile seen I've seen an anime with such likable characters.

Hmm, last week I was wondering if they could keep this show engaging now that Mizuno left. Really got to hand it to the writers being able to introduce new characters to the show almost seamlessly.

I'm looking right now at this anime's current rating of 7.38...underrated to say the least. Can't wait for next week.
EMChampJan 30, 2011 11:03 PM
Jan 31, 2011 12:09 AM

Jan 2009
Day2Dream said:
Lots of changes in the organization. I wonder if some of the old crew will switch sides now.

@ios,

1st phase --> no seal --> special skill (can be used anywhere)
2nd phase --> Sakana seal --> allows cybodies to move
3rd phase --> Mizuno seal --> power up (prevents casket use)
4th phase --> Keito seal --> cybody merge
Wako seal --> breaks zero time

The only thing I'm wondering is how is Takuto a phase higher from the start. Anyone know?

thats better and concise interpretation too, and about Takuto phase higher than the start, it seems his not on 4th phase as people believe it to be, because 4th phase means cybody and the pilot will perform fusion or merging like you stated too

professor green is right Tauburn or Takuto might be special, and it might be something to do with that galactic pretty boy label

and their are speculation that the person the Head visited on the hospital is the sleeping king on Sakana's sam the fisher story, as wako explained in episode 4, when maiden's apprivoise they inherit or memorize the cybodies past or anything cybody related events in the past, so the sam the fisher story of Sakana is just her retelling or reinterpreting of the past

EMChamp said:

I'm looking right now at this anime's current rating of 7.38...underrated to say the least. Can't wait for next week.

your right this is another underrated anime, people cannot see this anime has some good story if they look at it deeply, and i think most people are saying this is gay anime because of ginga bi-shounen and girly transformation too, lol people are too homophobic

and also lots of mecha fags complain about short fight scenes, i dont think the mecha fights are that short at all, most super robot anime like voltes v, daimos, gaogaigar, etc follows the same concept of getting beaten up at first then just miraculously counter with a finishing blow, atleast in star driver the fight animation is frantic in style like gurren lagann and its quite good looking
degJan 31, 2011 12:34 AM
Jan 31, 2011 1:00 AM

Jan 2011
man did i get lucky today not only did i get to watch a great episode but That PW for aoi noi exorcist at the end was like the cherry on top!.
Jan 31, 2011 1:08 AM

Sep 2009
This was pretty good. The battle was more interesting than normal.
Jan 31, 2011 1:09 AM

Jun 2008
i'm bored...
juz give me the last eps already -_-!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 23, 2011

130 by HerdianElang »»
Apr 8, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Oct 31, 2010

135 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jan 17, 5:33 PM

» This anime have some kind of boys love?

Kuku_Kill - Feb 11, 2023

6 by Ronninn »»
Feb 11, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HawthorneKitty - Apr 3, 2011

242 by Alvie48xi »»
Aug 30, 2022 8:02 AM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 3, 2010

352 by ImpactFrames »»
Aug 8, 2022 9:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.