Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2011 8:48 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Out of fucking nowhere, Kujou's arrested (屮゚Д゚)屮
And heads will roll. Correction: A head went rolling.
Victorique's mad. Hurr. ┐('~`;)┌

Now I guess Kujou's gonna make sure Avril didn't do anything.
And... somehow it feels like this teacher of theirs is being way friendlier with her students than most teachers I've had. ┐('~`;)┌
Oh and something else I find funneh, is that Victorique always says something that catches Grevil's attention just as the gates to the elevator close.
Also, Victorique took the stairs! \|  ̄ヘ ̄|/
OosranJan 29, 2011 5:04 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 28, 2011 9:41 AM

Nov 2007
I know this!! I listened it in Drama CD!!

I'm so glad to see this arc animated! (and kind of used to Kujou's voice in anime..., kind of avoided watching anime because Kujou was not the same voice in Drama CD)
tsubasaloverJan 29, 2011 2:39 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 28, 2011 10:01 AM

Nov 2008
I love that teacher she reminds me of few of my past teachers especially with that cutesy push. Avril is pretty much the killer, it's too obvious. Loved some of the Victorique moments, the end when Victorique went down the stairs was classy, good way to end an episode.

Jan 28, 2011 10:28 AM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
She really is the Golden Fairy.. *_*;;

''If you're a gentleman, maybe I'm a goddess.''

''My greatest enemy is boredom, but my second greatest enemy is commotion. I see that though you drive away my greatest enemy, you are my second greatest enemy.''

I see that Victorique is intelligent as always, got to love that.

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Jan 28, 2011 11:35 AM
Apr 2010
Hoppy said:
I love that teacher she reminds me of few of my past teachers especially with that cutesy push. Avril is pretty much the killer, it's too obvious. Loved some of the Victorique moments, the end when Victorique went down the stairs was classy, good way to end an episode.

idk i dont think she is the killer for the reason that it is obvious... and if she is, it seems they didnt really try that hard to make this a good story... its kind of cliche to show the killer this soon in.. she only has a hand injury... so we will have to wait for the next episode and on that note according to MAL its going to be 24 episodes long this is good news for im tired of short anime that are in need of more development...
Jan 28, 2011 11:36 AM

Jun 2009
lol the teacher is really funny. I think I enjoyed this episode much more than the previous ones. Avril is mysterious and is probably the killer but I feel like shes not. And Victorique is funny and adorable as always.

Jan 28, 2011 11:48 AM

Jan 2009
girlsdeadmonster said:
Hoppy said:
Avril is pretty much the killer, it's too obvious. Loved some of the Victorique moments, the end when Victorique went down the stairs was classy, good way to end an episode.
idk i dont think she is the killer for the reason that it is obvious... and if she is, it seems they didnt really try that hard to make this a good story... its kind of cliche to show the killer this soon in.. she only has a hand injury...
Then again, if they'd be following the rules for a "proper mystery", they'd have to show us the killer early on. I'm sure some are familiar with this one from Umineko, but anyway, "The criminal must be someone mentioned in the early part of the story".
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 28, 2011 12:12 PM

Sep 2010
Good episode :o this girl is kinda mysterious and also suspicious..

What the f*** with those two man opening the door ?
-"I'm going to call the police"
-"Me too!" << You need two persons to call police? Sorry I wasn't aware of that 8D

For those who don't understand French or those who don't know how to use Google Translate :
It's wrote on the cover of the book "La fée dorée de la tour"
(translation : The golden fairy of the tower)
Jan 28, 2011 1:20 PM
Jan 2011
you know just for all the thoughts of avril being the killer im gonna bet she didnt kill anyone but i wouldnt say shes completely innocent though
Jan 28, 2011 1:24 PM

Mar 2008
I think Avril wants to do the same thing with Kujo as what happend with Maxim D:?
Jan 28, 2011 1:34 PM
May 2010
Oosran said:
girlsdeadmonster said:
Hoppy said:
Avril is pretty much the killer, it's too obvious. Loved some of the Victorique moments, the end when Victorique went down the stairs was classy, good way to end an episode.
idk i dont think she is the killer for the reason that it is obvious... and if she is, it seems they didnt really try that hard to make this a good story... its kind of cliche to show the killer this soon in.. she only has a hand injury...
Then again, if they'd be following the rules for a "proper mystery", they'd have to show us the killer early on. I'm sure some are familiar with this one from Umineko, but anyway, "The criminal must be someone mentioned in the early part of the story".

I honestly doubt this'll follow Knox, it's been pretty iffy so far.

For example, in the first "mystery" in this episode, Kujo's accidental subconscious awareness of the blonde woman didn't sit well with me.

Knox's Decalogue said:

Knox's 6th
It is forbidden for accident or intuition to be employed as a detective technique.
Jan 28, 2011 1:37 PM

Sep 2008
Whoa, Victorique produced sparkles... now the series only needs bubbles and it will be the best anime ever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2011 1:39 PM

Nov 2008
This time I'm impressed, this episode managed to keep my full attention the whole time. I'm really intrigued my this new mystery and I'm suspicious of that new girl.

Also is the the same as in the OP, doesn't she supposed to have brownish hair?
Jan 28, 2011 1:44 PM

Mar 2010
Im not liking the Mystery, But the jelousy that Victorique is showing slightly is Entertaining me

what is in the book thats all that is left in that episode for a cliff hanger for me

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 28, 2011 2:02 PM

Dec 2009
I hope Avril is not the killer, but either way, introducing a "may or may not be the killer" character in itself is already too much of a cliché regardless of the outcome.
Ara ara.
Jan 28, 2011 2:20 PM

Apr 2010
I might say the obvious her but that Avril is very suspicious and it appears that she is the one who killed the driver of that motorcycle.
My thoughts are she is either a twin or she escaped from prison.
Tho this all is speculation from my part.

Her business also seems to involve Kujo as she was clearly sticking close to him and she appeared to be acting.
Which was made more clear when Kujo asked about her bandage, since she almost showed her true motive there.

It's still surprising to see that Kujo classmates are scared of him they should all be educated students, so why do the believe in ghost story's.
And why do they call Victorique the gold fairy.
Has any of them actually made contact with her or do they also avoid her, makes me wonder if some of them know her background.

Kujo also doesn't seem to be able to deal with European woman since he was saying they where slave drivers.
And i wonder why neither the detective nor Kujo came up with the idea that that metal string was attached between 2 trees.
It's a common technique for booby traps and used for mines as well.
Jan 28, 2011 2:23 PM

Nov 2008
I wonder why Avril got hooked with the book "Golden fairy of the tower" Maybe she has some business with her or something.

Millie Marl died with Maxim eh xDD Felt like Romeo and Juliet romance.

Victorique's reasoning make sense despite of not following Knox's rule. Psychologically, yes. People are subconsciously aware of their surroundings.

PS: Detectives in the past are really intelligent. There are no technology to identify the blood of the killer at that time. xDD These days, detectives are relying on forensics to have an accurate evidence.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 28, 2011 3:10 PM

Sep 2009
Wow, this show's definitely intense. xD I like the actual mystery in most of these mysteries that have left you wondering what's gonna happen next. :U Anyway, looking forward to the next episode. o uo
Jan 28, 2011 3:54 PM

Aug 2010
Avril may have something to do with this case. And it looks like Kujo prefers blondes ^_^
Jan 28, 2011 4:07 PM

Nov 2009
Another great episode, many things are happening. I really enjoy the short mysteries, and the mix of a small short plot and the overall plot.
Jan 28, 2011 6:13 PM
Mar 2010
I really can't buy the Kujo-saw-a-blond-girl-with-the-corner-of-his-eyes reasoning
Jan 28, 2011 6:33 PM

Aug 2010
It was impossible how the motorcycle remained stable despite the raider's death. Muscles lose grip without a brain's input. And even the dumbest detective wouldn't arrest the first guy who show off to the police station........
Jan 28, 2011 6:44 PM

Dec 2008
The writer wants the viewers to believe that Avril was the killer of the motorcyclist. But, I think that story is over and done with. We are now going into a new arc and I believe that Avril is going to be in the center of it.

That crypt was just plain creepy. I can't believe that they just leave the dead bodies lying in there like that. It's got to smell pretty damn rotten in there after a while.
Jan 28, 2011 7:54 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
nedstark1990 said:
It was impossible how the motorcycle remained stable despite the raider's death. Muscles lose grip without a brain's input. And even the dumbest detective wouldn't arrest the first guy who show off to the police station........

^
What I thought too.

Other than that, it was decent enough.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 28, 2011 8:49 PM

Aug 2010
Haha, Grevil always starts to leave when Victorique drops the biggest hint.
Jan 28, 2011 9:41 PM

Oct 2010
Hoppy said:

Same here.
Jan 28, 2011 10:17 PM

Oct 2009
I'm only 8 minutes into the episode but just wanted to say I'm so dissapointed with the crimes... They're all so preditably obvious. It's like the problem is 1+1 and after Einstein reveals that the answer is 2 they go "OMG OH SO THAT'S THE ANSWER!".

EDIT: 15:24 in, just doing some translation for you guys incase you were wondering what was said on the book.

"The Golden Fairy of the High Tower" is what is said in French on the cover.

EDT: Finish.

Hmm I have a hypothesis as to who/what Avril is, not solid enough to post though.

Even if I find the crime/mystery aspect of GoSick to be really stupid, I still really like the characthers and enjoy watching it very much so.
YanofliesJan 28, 2011 10:35 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2011 11:14 PM

Jan 2011
is anyone forgetting something?

like the newspaper article featuring the captured murderer? i know nothing about old laws in Europe but I'd assume that they don't just let them go. if so, then how is Avril the murderer if she's in school?
Hide behind the mighty wall of internet, i shall
Jan 29, 2011 12:47 AM

Oct 2010
Probably because they could have captured someone else, the real murderer is now hiding.
Jan 29, 2011 1:21 AM

Jan 2009
Iisan-kun said:
Oosran said:
I honestly doubt this'll follow Knox, it's been pretty iffy so far.

For example, in the first "mystery" in this episode, Kujo's accidental subconscious awareness of the blonde woman didn't sit well with me.
Well, true. Though it'd be nice if they at least stuck to some of the more basic rules.
Jan 29, 2011 3:20 AM

Feb 2008
DoubleDango said:
I'm only 8 minutes into the episode but just wanted to say I'm so dissapointed with the crimes... They're all so preditably obvious. It's like the problem is 1+1 and after Einstein reveals that the answer is 2 they go "OMG OH SO THAT'S THE ANSWER!".

Yup, I agree. They're mysteries a middle school kid could come up with, and then when Victorique solves them everybody thinks she's some genius. Really disappointing if the rest of the crimes are going to be like this.

Victorique is pretty moe and the setting is unique, so it's not all bad.
Jan 29, 2011 3:23 AM

Feb 2010
interesting ep and i like the new faces they introduced this ep.
Jan 29, 2011 3:28 AM

Dec 2009
Wow , Millie Marl was one angsty woman ... poor guy ...
Jan 29, 2011 5:57 AM

Jul 2010
"so basically what happened is that Kujo is walking, talking to himself about finding a girlfriend in this foreign country when he tries to think what noticeable feature that girl will have, the right side of his right eye caught something in a glimpse and as inputted in his brain, it's like flash of thought instead a figure captured by vision, and that's when he thought of "the golden hair" w/c are not found in his country, basically it's a psychological instance in w/c you cannot fully be capable of trusting if you do not know how the eyes and the brain works and i'm Victorica will not spout something she haven't deeply thought about into."

and as for the first case being obvious, definitely as said by people here nagging about it, it's because the crime itself has been show to you "IN DETAIL" through the flashback, and for the case in the crypt, oh my, I WOULDN'T EVEN THOUGHT THAT THE GUYS NAGGING HERE COULD SOLVE IT THEMSELVES, I"M PRETTY SURE OF IT, BEING HONEST TO YOURSELF IS A LOT MORE CLEARER TO SEE THAN THOSE PRETENDING TO BE UTTERLY INTELLIGENT.

and as Veronin stated up there for the mystery a "MIDDLE SCHOOL KID" can come up with, so "if Avril is the culprit", she basically is a STUDENT, you said it yourself, as well as with the case in the crypt, that's why the cases here is believable because the crime is proportional to the mind of the person thinking it. ^^
AmberFebruaryJan 29, 2011 6:28 AM
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Jan 29, 2011 6:44 AM

Aug 2010
Meh, decent episode, I expected better jokes :|

Jan 29, 2011 9:27 AM

May 2010
I like the way Victorique solves the mysteries but they aren't very difficult for anyone to realise.I just love the art and the music in this series and that's what keeps me going ~-^
Jan 29, 2011 9:35 AM

Jan 2010
It's worse than that.

After seven minutes, the 'case' is solved and Victorique is yawning and requesting that Kujou bring her more challenging cases. Then the audience complains that the mystery isn't challenging enough. That's not what the show is about. If you think it is, then you're paying attention to the wrong things.

The show gave away the clues. Being proud that you got them doesn't cover you in glory.

These are building blocks for a greater story.

And FWIW, I can't believe that I'm reading that people want a more formulaic story.
Jan 29, 2011 10:02 AM

May 2010
The ep was ok though I'm still surprised that we see corpses out of nowhere.
Everytime I hear Victorique saying.
"The pieces of chaos are all here. Now I'll reconstruct them for you." *Uses the detective-pose-only pipe.* , can't help but smile. :)
Now, waiting for the twist.
Glad this was a 24 ep series. :)
Jan 29, 2011 10:03 AM

Jan 2010
This was fun although the episode felt like it was three separate pieces -- three long, unbroken scenes.

In the first one, I enjoyed how Victorique, always so composed, doesn't really know how to be upset with Kujou while still maintaining her composure. Compelled to react, she can only yell at him to leave. This was well done.

And I'm glad that despite being legitimately irked, he still thanks her for her aid.

And when the other students talk about him, their comments aren't random. They all relate to him being the shinigami.

And Grevil is great. He must really appreciate Kujou since it gives him an ongoing method of gaining Victorique's help without having to ask her directly. But he almost did when she told them who the murderer was.

Their elevator exchange at the end was also cool. Her comment about a woman's feelings was meant for Kujou, I suspect, even though she may not yet know what she means by it. Perhaps it was meant for herself.

Grevil's response was interesting, "A grey wolf tells me?"

And finally, the blonde hair that made up the vision of his dream girl, is Victorique's.

All in all, I like this show more and more every episode. The preview looks promising.
Valandis said:
Despite the lack of brain on the people in the show and the too easy "mysteries". I enjoy it because of Victorique, she seems to be the only one being able to use her brain.
Grevil and Kujou are more men of action.
desolatoFeb 7, 2011 8:57 AM
Jan 29, 2011 10:57 AM

Jun 2009
Even though person who murdered that motorcyclist was caught we still don't know her motives. It's possible that she's not the real murderer but for some reason kept quiet about that. Also, Avril really is acting suspiciously. Besides, she's being too friendly with Kujo.
The case with Millie Marl was creepy. I feel sorry for Maxim. :(
Jan 29, 2011 11:45 AM
May 2010
No one's ever asked Kujo about his country or shown him around the school.
That's racist!
Jan 29, 2011 12:56 PM

Jul 2008
These mysteries are just way too simple =/
Jan 29, 2011 1:09 PM

Aug 2008
Hmmm nothing surprising about the case. it seems almost easy. -_________-
Jan 29, 2011 3:32 PM

Dec 2009
24 episodes for this anime ?

great ^^
yuno6.jpg
Jan 29, 2011 3:39 PM

Feb 2009
Not bad.I really like the setting and the atmosphere of the show.
Grevil using Kujo as a communication device is always funny.
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Jan 29, 2011 4:27 PM
Jan 2011
the seeing something out of the corner of your eye thing is valid. an example is if you are talking while thinking about something else you will say something you are thinking about etc.
Jan 29, 2011 5:23 PM

Sep 2010
I'm glad that this show will be more longer than others, it's one of those i'm enjoying ! Victorique is so kawaii! Maybe the~12 firsts episode will be simple tricks and the next will be a little more interresting and more complicated or sofisticated, somehow , I hope, also hoping that it'll be better before!
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
Jan 29, 2011 6:13 PM

Nov 2009
lol, i loved how Kujo totally retold his encounter from that early point, with even the tiny details. Glad i finally predicted a case correctly.

And yes, i love how Victorica keeps telling her brother the important detail when he closes the gate too. XD

Not sure I like what is going on with the gray wolf, or the fairy. I guess the shinigami is justified now though.
Jan 29, 2011 9:14 PM

Jul 2010
Snowical said:
''My greatest enemy is boredom, but my second greatest enemy is commotion. I see that though you drive away my greatest enemy, you are my second greatest enemy.''
Loved that.
Ojisama_Cut said:
What the f*** with those two man opening the door ?
-"I'm going to call the police"
-"Me too!" << You need two persons to call police? Sorry I wasn't aware of that 8D
Lmao, I didn't even think of that! I was too busy nitpicking the scene of the crime with Avril randomly running into the crypt. Apparently she has X-ray vision and decided to get that book before anyone else. XD

For Avril to be the killer just seems way too obvious. Her hair is cut short (seemingly for a disguise), her hand is cut, she warms up to Kujo, and she's just suspicious. Then again, they haven't really given us any other suspects. And then they showed in the paper the culprit was arrested.

..Also, they only showed one close-up of the captured girl in the paper; they showed the left side of her face. Avril has a mole on her left side of her chin, while this girl did not. *shrugs*

Victorique was so cute this episode! She's just adorable when she's jealous. Can't wait for more. Did anyone else notice the episode count? 24 Episodes! :D
Jan 29, 2011 9:51 PM

Aug 2009
The inspector (Grevil or sth) annoys me to no end with his arrogance coupled with dim-wittedness.
Anyway, glad to see that this anime's gonna have 24 episodes.
metamorphiusJan 29, 2011 9:56 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

517 by Ya-Ku »»
Apr 10, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.