Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Sep 24, 2014 1:31 PM

Oct 2013
predictable plot progression

The best thing about this series so far is the atmosphere.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 27, 2014 3:58 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, I do wonder if the wish will bring consequences.
Nov 25, 2014 8:23 PM

Apr 2014
This show has definitely turned out to be pretty creepy... and that cat thing - can't remember his name, but he definitely seems like one who can't be trusted and definitely seems like hes some kind of master witch or master evil doer.. where will this show go i wonder

Feb 9, 2015 8:52 PM

Nov 2014
Well I guess I was wrong about the whole resurrection thing for now but it could still happen I guess, the other wish was pretty predictable and this episode was super depressing at times. New character looks cool though :D
Feb 14, 2015 2:48 AM

Feb 2015
i was getting really pissed at madoka for being such a winey coward, i was yelling at the screen telling her to make the contract i even started to punch things.
Feb 14, 2015 2:52 AM

Feb 2015
eizeral said:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm beginning to wonder why this show is called MAHOU SHOUJO Madoka Magica, because I have yet to see Madoka become a frickin' magical girl. I heard this show is supposed to be only 12-13 episodes (god I hope that's wrong) and Madoka still has yet to become a f**king MS after 4 episodes? Wtf! Okay, becoming a mahou shoujo is a big deal, we get it!! But seriously, enough is enough! If she's not a mahou shoujo by the fifth episode, I'm done with this anime. It's reaaaally bugging me.

same here! the whole ep was just her moping around and crying. i was getting pissed! lol
Mar 2, 2015 8:10 AM

Feb 2015
I didnt like this episode because there wasnt much shown but the music was just too good.
Mar 16, 2015 7:05 PM

Jun 2013
Sayaka is now a magical girl.
Still waiting for Madoka to transform.
Jul 23, 2015 4:52 PM

Jul 2015
Yay Sayaka! Now it's your turn Madoka, stop dilly-dallying already! hehe

Overall, there wasn't much to this episode except mourning Mami, which is understandable. I wonder what's going to happen with that new girl at the end?? She looked pretty cool. I hope she ends up being friends with Sayaka and Madoka instead of trying to kill them!

And I still kind of want to punch Homura in the face, but she doesn't seem all bad. :P ✿ 4/5
Aug 14, 2015 6:24 PM

Sep 2013
Look's like trouble next episode with that new girl being introduced. Too bad Homura's was so slow that Sayaka had to accept a contract.
Aug 24, 2015 9:05 PM

Jul 2014
The visuals are seriously AMAZING. Especially when Madoka was attacked by the witch and Sayaka saved her.
Loving these trips. Carousels, man.
"Sayaka...are you torturing me?"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2015 3:55 AM

Jul 2014
Okay, so I felt bad for Kousuke at the beginning...when he was going through rehabilitation and stuff.
Then he said those hurtful stuff to Sayaka!
I mean dude, don't you see that the girl is trying to make you happy? I get it, it must be awful for you not to be able to move your hand...but for your shitty thoughts, Sayaka had to become a magical girl! Now she might die anytime soon, just like Mami-san!
I despise men -_-
Sep 19, 2015 8:42 PM

Dec 2009
Kyubei is way too suspicious. There is just something off about him or it, whatever it is...
Sep 25, 2015 10:49 AM

Mar 2015
Sayaka become a mahou-shojo... And the new girl seems to be interesting.

Oct 15, 2015 1:40 PM

Jan 2012
Some rookie chick,she will become ur boss probably in near future,nice ending theme

Oct 17, 2015 2:05 PM
May 2013
IndoExamurai said:
Kyubei is way too suspicious. There is just something off about him or it, whatever it is...

I hope they will bring Mami back .
This is getting good , very good :D
Nov 2, 2015 6:26 PM

Nov 2013
What a disappointment. Only a teenage girl would make a wish to fix the arm of a boy she likes, out of all the other things she could wish for in the universe. Get out of here with that cheese.
Nov 10, 2015 5:04 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah something smells with that kid getting his hand back.
Nov 22, 2015 2:58 AM
Nov 2015
Just started watching this series. Story progression is at an excellent pace. Character development is better than expected. I can tell that this series is going to get better and, hopefully, not disappoint. But, we shall see.
Dec 22, 2015 1:49 PM
Jul 2018
Predictable, but a lot more interesting than the previous episodes. Homura death stare is getting kinda annoying though.

Illustration by mr. Harima Kenji himself!
Dec 29, 2015 4:09 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah, now I'm sure that Kyuubey is evil. Another good episode, but I wonder when Madoka will become a Magical Girl.
Jan 20, 2016 10:41 AM

Jul 2014
Show's getting better, I guess. The second half was decent.

3/5
Jan 21, 2016 1:01 PM

Aug 2014
This is getting much better .
Mar 3, 2016 4:18 AM

Jan 2013
Knew Sayaka would succumb to becoming a magical girl ... for her friend.
Kyouko is the new badass coming in town.
Apr 4, 2016 10:58 AM

May 2015
If she's that sad, she could just use her wish on bringing Mami back to life? cx
Apr 13, 2016 5:49 PM

Jun 2015
So Sayaka finally made a contract with satan Kyubey
May 1, 2016 3:52 PM

Feb 2014
I kinda wish Sayaka wished Mami back instead of wishing her crush's hand to be healed. Kinda stupid if you ask me but she's a
girl that has a crush on a childhood friend so I'm too disappointed. It looks like we another magical girl in the next episode.
Can't wait to see what she will bring in.
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
May 9, 2016 5:37 AM

Apr 2015
...Someone please tell me this gets better. This is so bad. It has all the bad aspects of Evangelion with none of the redemptive qualities.

jesssenpai said:
I kinda wish Sayaka wished Mami back instead of wishing her crush's hand to be healed. Kinda stupid if you ask me but she's a
girl that has a crush on a childhood friend so I'm too disappointed.

And seriously, can't they just have Dragon-Ball wished Mami back to life?
May 31, 2016 9:43 PM

May 2016
They can grant any one wish right?.. then why did nobody wish Mami back into existance?
Jun 4, 2016 7:48 AM
May 2014
Hope it picks up soon, story seems lackluster for the masterpiece people are claiming it to be. The animation is unique during the witch scenes but other than those it's nothing to write home about.
Jun 4, 2016 1:35 PM
Jul 2018
RazerZ said:
Hope it picks up soon, story seems lackluster for the masterpiece people are claiming it to be. The animation is unique during the witch scenes but other than those it's nothing to write home about.

Not soon, but the story gets much much better. It's like Evangelion. When you watch the first episodes you think it's just Monster of the Week. Then you learn about NERV, SEELE, the Angels, the motivations of the characters. It is very similar here.

You may not think it is a masterpiece. I watched an anime praised by many, and I didn't like it, not even a little bit. I recommend people to watch anime without expecting anything. It's better that way.
Jul 19, 2016 2:50 AM

Jun 2014
(Rewatch)
I love how you can see Kyubey's silhouette in Sayaka's eye a few second before the actual reveal.
A lot of the dialogue is more interesting on a rewatch since it adds more meaning to it.
Sep 2, 2016 10:17 AM

Apr 2013
Never thought I'd enjoy magical girl show this much

clickable▲
Dec 19, 2016 8:14 AM

Aug 2016
Not surprised that Sayaka chose to make a contract, tho i tought she would do it sooner.
Still waiting that Madoka signs it.
Jan 9, 2017 10:32 PM

May 2014
Awww, new girl is a villain =/ Always thought she looked cool and would be best girl material. Looks like she'll end up being a lot more on the sadistic villain side of things...
Jan 10, 2017 4:00 AM

Aug 2015
794 said:
Awww, new girl is a villain =/ Always thought she looked cool and would be best girl material. Looks like she'll end up being a lot more on the sadistic villain side of things...

She is best girl though
Mar 1, 2017 12:17 AM

Dec 2016
That was pretty sweet of Sayaka to give her friend another chance at living a normal life.

These witches have some really power curses they people on the people.

Oh great another troublemaker magical girl they have to deal with.
Mar 6, 2017 2:09 PM

Apr 2014
Damn girl, I feel you made a huge mistake making a contract with that evil little thing.. oh well.
Apr 13, 2017 1:45 PM

Dec 2016
She used her wish on a dude who is probably just gonna rid himself of her... lmao!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 15, 2017 7:40 PM

Nov 2011
Kyuubei says it's "unfortunate, but he can't force them"... meaning if he could, he would force them to become mahou shoujo. Yikes. What an evil little creature. He seems to be manipulating the situation in general too.

Maybe he really does need to be killed.

Why would mahou shoujo fight over territory, I wonder? If their wish is granted when they sign the contract then fighting monsters is something they should want to avoid as much as they can. Since they would likely(?) have to fight more often in a big city, you would think nobody would want that as their territory unless there's more to it. Like... will their wish come undone if they don't kill monsters often enough pr something?

I'm kinda wondering if Kyosuke will really be happy that Sayuka fixed his hands, too.

Another good episode. I'm glad at least Madoka has the sense to be this hesitant about becoming a mahou shoujo.
Aug 26, 2017 4:11 PM

Mar 2017
I expected this anime to be more lighthearted...I guess I got lucky. ^ ^
Sep 20, 2017 4:57 AM

Jun 2016
Maan, I'm gonna hurt that new character if she dare hurt my Sayaka. I'm gonna beat her to a pulp.

Aaand now Sayaka's a magical girl. I know and WE ALL KNOW that she's gonna wish for that guy to heal, so he can play violin again. :')

I wonder what Madoka's wish is gonna be, but I have a theory that it's either reviving Mami or her wishing to be good at everything. Lmao.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 6, 2017 11:30 AM

Jun 2013
Just a few things I want to throw out there while I'm rewatching this. This show still has awesome atmosphere, and the emotional moments are still hitting for a second time. It's definitely holding up so far.

As for this episode, or more precisely, the scene between Madoka and Homura...

Nov 29, 2017 7:42 PM
Apr 2017
Another really cool episode! Love how Sayaka battles Witch Elly!
Dec 13, 2017 7:54 PM

May 2013
At least Kamijou-kun can jack off now. LMFAO.
Why'd it look dark near the end? o.o I hope his hand wasn't taken over by an evil witch or whatever :0

Stupid Sayaka. That boy probably won't ever be able to give you what you desire, js :3 she just felt super guilty and was backed into a corner when he accused her of torturing him so she got desperate to save him and hasty .-. sad. You dun want no boy like that, girl -.- too late to turn back now tho :3

Madoka is scarred and won't be a Puella Magi yet. Lol at the complaints I see??? Whutt. Shiet, I wouldn't be a Puella Magi. I wouldn't even follow Hitomi and let that bitch die. LOL jks. I like Hitomi, but she's an outcast within the girls :3 wonder why she wasn't chosen by Kyubey
Jan 21, 2018 12:07 PM
Nov 2017
Ridiculous wish, but then again, some would do such a thing, and Homura even alluded to it, but I still enjoyed this show.
Mar 24, 2018 7:46 PM
Dec 2017
LOL, I take back what I said in ep.3 discussion. The plot is getting good. I hope the new redhead girl kills Sayaka. Maybe this show is like battle royale meets magical girl series!? (there can only be one magical girl) Also, kyubey is like an evil demon or something.

I'm starting to see why this series is so highly rated.
May 9, 2018 3:38 AM

Apr 2013
The complete absence of music when Sayaka tells the boy that magic and miracles exist... yeah that was ominous AND creepy. And then she looks up and finds Kyubey waiting in the shadows.
They aren't even trying to be subtle about Kyubey's nature. He is definitely one of the bad guys, though probably a different one from the witches.
Sep 2, 2018 10:43 AM

Aug 2017
A new character! Kyoko! Let's see how will be developed. Badass Sayaka.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 6, 2018 3:30 AM
Aug 2018
This episode make me sad. Because I learned Madoka Kaname cried 4 times in this episode. The 1st time is Madoka is eating her breakfast inside her apartment. She still thinking the death of Mami Tomoe in the previous episode (I mean episode 3). Mami was killed or beheaded by witch Charlotte. The event hit Madoka extremely hard. It turns Madoka from a cheerful girl to a crybaby. It's just like she has someone she admires the most died in front of her eyes. The 2nd time is at her school rooftop during a dialogue with her best friend Sayaka Miki. Madoka still traumatized by Mami's death, breaks down in tears. The 3rd time is inside Mami's apartment. The 4th time is during the dialogue with Homura Akemi about Mami.

Out of the 4 times of Madoka's crying, 3 times I can even feel her sadness that I want to hug and comfort her.
1. At Madoka's apartment when Madoka is eating her breakfast with her family.
2. At Madoka's school rooftop during a dialogue with her best friend Sayaka Miki. If Madoka still cannot calm herself down, I will take her to the Nurse Office even she is the class health officer.
3. Inside Mami's apartment after Madoka put a her Campus Note. Madoka goes inside only by herself, I'm concern about this girl. Her sadness may cause her to faint inside the apartment or even worse, suicide. Luckily, Madoka does not kill herself. She takes off her shoes before she put down her Campus Note. If she cries again, I can hug and comfort her.
3ASV226Dec 13, 2019 11:36 AM
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.