Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2011 3:59 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I so glad that they finally started to addressed the after effects of bullying. His total lack of confidence could be passed off as modesty until now, but his reaction to Mai was obviously a response to what he'd been told by bullies. Thinking that he is unworthy and ineligible for any type of relationship is an interesting and tough hurdle that doesn't really heal. I'm happy they've started to mention it.

Though I don't his reflex is anger. It would probably be fear.

Jan 31, 2014 4:58 PM

Nov 2007
I found his reaction to be very interesting. He just wanted to belong. All this time he was fighting for his 'holyland', a struggle for himself. Only people similar to him could relate.

When one of Mai's friends called him attractive he did a double take because not too long ago people were calling him names and he faced constant slander. To sum it up..Mai needs to get closer dammit!
Hurr durr, I'm a burr.
Dec 26, 2015 8:26 AM

Jan 2014
I can understand his reaction. I was a victim of bullying like Yuu, and I was told the same things.

Another interesting question posed in this chapter was: Was Yuu wrong to retaliate against the Karate senpai and the boxer senpai?

This dude was going on about how they wouldn't have beaten up Yuu if Yuu remained passive, so the fault was also with him for fighting back.

Can you accept such a philosophy?

The way I saw those fights, I believed that had Yuu remained passive, he would just get beaten and fall deeper into depression. And that would have taught the Karate senpai and the boxer senpai an important lesson.

Namely, pussy-looking dudes are worth bullying because they never fight back! It is the same way with rapists. If you don't severely teach them a lesson the first time round, they will just keep on doing it.

And so, the endless cycle begins. If Yuu hadn't fought back savagely, the Karate senpai would probably go on to his next target and after that, more victims pile up.

So my belief is that Yuu did the right thing when he fought back. Speaking as a former victim. But what do you guys think?

Yuu, right or wrong?
Dec 26, 2015 8:32 AM

Jan 2014
If Yuu had refused to fight... hmm...

Here's another thought. How about considering what would have happened if both the Karate senpai and Boxer senpai weren't such dicks?

What if the Boxer senpai had accepted Yuu into the club PROPERLY and taught him the basics of boxing and steered him towards healthy fighting in the ring later on?

The way I see it, Yuu could have become a decent sportsman given the right friends and circumstances. Not that there's anything wrong with his philosophy of course. It seems to me that if people leaves Yuu alone, he would just leave them alone. Good philosophy to have.
Nov 4, 2017 2:39 PM
May 2012
you fucked up. you done messed up, yuu...but i understand.
Jul 5, 2021 8:31 AM
May 2020
yuu is still losing against those bullies but as we are all aware of its more psychological

More topics from this board

Poll: » Holyland Chapter 182 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aina-Chan - May 6, 2012

131 by phantomic109 »»
Feb 20, 7:15 PM

» Is there any possibility for Holyland to get an anime adaptation?

PentagramShogoki - Mar 21, 2019

16 by MackynCheese »»
Feb 16, 4:49 AM

Poll: » Holyland Chapter 31 Discussion

zq - Jul 25, 2008

3 by A_Perfect_Hunter »»
Nov 28, 2023 3:18 PM

Poll: » Holyland Chapter 138 Discussion

Komlan_6 - Jul 6, 2021

1 by Briquet »»
Oct 7, 2023 12:30 PM

Poll: » Holyland Chapter 143 Discussion

Komlan_6 - Jul 6, 2021

1 by -DxP- »»
May 23, 2023 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.