Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2011 4:43 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
How come there's still no topic for the last episode? o_O

Anyway, I think it was an awesome ending to the series. Kojuro was fantastic fighting with Hanbei it was overwhelming and Yukimura stopping the Nichirin was just pure epicness.
I loved the series, and especally that it didn't only concentrate on the epic fights but some character development as well.
9/10 for me~
sayamiNov 10, 2014 3:38 PM
Feb 3, 2011 12:49 PM

Dec 2008
ZOMGWTFBBQSOSABC123!!! Yukimura absolutely mercilessly OWNED Mori!!! That was beautiful!!
A very good ending for another good season!
Can't wait to see the movie and I'm hoping for a season 3!
Feb 9, 2011 2:18 PM

Mar 2009
The last episode would have been AMAZING if the director didn't freaking jump back and forth between fights every minute or so. The fights lost momentum as they were being cut, Keiji was lying on the ground the whole episode, and it didn't help that they shoved robot samurai + Mitsunari + Ieyasu all in the last episode either.

I love me some Sengoku Basara, but this new director definitely needs to learn how to stop jumping from fight to fight.
Feb 13, 2011 4:52 PM

Oct 2009
i like the emotions that they put in on this last episode. a great conclusion to yet another amazing action-packed season.
Apr 21, 2011 1:26 AM

Dec 2010
Ending was just great as the whole season itself. I hardly believe that I'm saying it after disliking 1st season, but it's true. This time there was drama, epic soundtrack, developed characters and epic battles. What else would anyone need of a samurai anime?
Jun 28, 2011 7:52 PM
Jul 2018
twas awesome.
Jul 6, 2011 11:51 PM

Dec 2009
Nice ending, I liked this more than the first season :D
Sep 27, 2011 10:42 PM

Mar 2009
For some reason I found myself LMAO at the ending when I saw Musashi and Kanetsugu facing each other.

xD

Oct 16, 2011 11:56 AM

Jul 2009
And we get an awesome ending , with virtually invincible Sanada & Masamune.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Dec 24, 2011 1:10 AM

May 2011
I thought the first season was good....But this one far surpassed my expectations.

Much more character development, flashy fights and just pure MANLYNESS.

Date Masamune has officially made my favourites. He's just too manly for his own good. Yuukimura's blazing soul was insane as well. Actually, every single fight from Kojuuro/mask to Ossan/Honda to Kenshin/Mitsunari and even to "invincible" Kenshin pawn vs Wooden swords (ftw) was epic lol.

Loved the series, am very glad there is a continuation movie.

OYAKATA-SAMA! YUKIMURA!

ARE YOU READY GUYS? BLAST OOOOOOFFFFFFFF
Jan 22, 2012 11:24 PM

Jan 2012
Here again, I didn't like the way it ended. Again, Masamune wasn't supposed to kill Hideyoshi, but Ieyasu was supposed to do.
Mar 1, 2012 3:47 PM
Jul 2011
Right eye of the dragon was epic
Mar 29, 2012 1:43 PM

Dec 2007
One of the best Yaoi series I have seen, indeed.
Jul 19, 2012 11:24 PM

Aug 2010
Great ending, it was full of great fights and moments. Koujiro, Date and Yukimura were just plain awesome.
Nov 8, 2012 10:37 AM

Apr 2012
ARE YOU READY GUYS?

What a great ending to a great season. This season undoubtedly surpassed its predecessor. It had great character developments as well as maintaining its manly epic fights. This season made much better use of its great characters than the 1st season did. Everyone from Kenshin, Keiji, Hanbei, Kojuro etc... had a important role to play in the show to Date Masamune and Sanada Yukimura growth this season was handled brilliantly. Especially in the case of Sanada Yukimura, I can no longer call him the tigercub of Kai. He's now a tiger himself.

I am really gonna miss this show. :( 9.5/10 in my books

OYAKATA-SAMA! YUKIMURA!
Nov 10, 2012 10:13 AM

Jul 2010
This was way far my expectations!!
Date Masamune still owns the fights so epic when his swords broke off but then his one sword he used to defeat Hideyoshi was pure epicness!!
I love the fact their was no team work in all the fights, everyone faught their own battles!!
Faught through and succeded!!
The movie is next for me too see
Nov 12, 2012 7:55 PM

Aug 2011
SO much f*** better than S1.
Jan 17, 2013 9:01 PM

Mar 2012
What an awesome season 2! For me it was slightly better than the first season but I still loved the whole series as a whole!
Overall I liked the mixture between the action and even the emotional attachments that were developed through out the short series.
I am definitely looking forward to the movie!

I rate it 8/10
Feb 5, 2013 1:45 PM

Jan 2013
So only the unimportant guys stay dead, the women are useless or never get to fight.
Feb 8, 2013 12:22 PM

Jan 2012
It is.. It definatly has some problems. I bet the gamers would love this anime, but I had issues with it. I am not saying that it is the worst anime ever. Don't get me wrong. I liked it, but it is one of those anime that immediately grabs your attention from the first episode, but then never develops past that original premise. There were too many characters that were the main characters. It took away from any character development that a single character would have gotten if they had narrowed thier focus to one or two main characters. It left the character development as shallow as the deep end of a kiddy pool. I loved the Epic fighting ... but the messed that up. They would start a cool fight then change scenes then when they came back the fight they just started, the fight would already be over. I am really disappointed in that part, because you can tell for certain fights that they Know how to do fight sequences... but they NEVER finished them. Not to offend anyone, but it is like they have ADHD. That is where if they had focused on one or two main characters they would have had more time for the fighting scenes. The final problem, the ties into the first problem, was that the passing of the anime sucked. It was too rushed. They had 3 minutes with this character and to keep the plot going and making sense, they had to jump to another and another and another. The animation was beatifully done and I loved the voice cast and music. In particular, I loved Masamune, aka ZORO. It was soo funny when he was speaking english words. Oh, and they built up this rivalry between Masamune and Yukimura.. but that never came to anything in the anime. My final episode dream was to have an all out fight with those two and have a final victor... and it didn't happen. Look, This series should have taken me a day, maybe two to get through. If it had done anything to keep my attention, then I would have. I've gotten through 52 episode series in a day or two, but it just feel flat and it took me almost two weeks to get through it all. Sorry for rambling on too much. These are just my opinions. Well, on to the next series.
Kaizoku_MugiwaraFeb 8, 2013 12:25 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2013 12:25 PM
Dec 2012
"Oyakata-sam!" "Yukimra!" "Oyakata-sam!" "Yukimra!" "Oyakata-sam!" "Yukimra!"
Feb 12, 2013 12:52 AM

Jan 2012
eminagnam said:
"Oyakata-sam!" "Yukimra!" "Oyakata-sam!" "Yukimra!" "Oyakata-sam!" "Yukimra!"

Where is the Thumbs Up bottun when you need it??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2013 8:57 AM
Apr 2013
Kojuurou is one underrated badass.
Aug 26, 2013 1:14 PM

Jan 2013
I felt like second season was a lot better than first. Also I got more attached to the characters now, Yukimura and the Date were certainly better. I also liked the fact that finally Yukimora has a bigger goal being next to his king and not after his back.

I would give 6.5/10. So it's 7/10 on my list. Final decision on the series after the movie.
(I certainly liked this season compared to the 1st.)
Jan 19, 2014 8:42 PM

Nov 2011
Overall better than season 1 by measuring the action terms. I'll rate this a 6/10 I guess. I wish the humor would be better though honestly.

The series has its nice gimmicks though still.
Jun 23, 2014 10:44 AM

May 2012
"Yukimura!"
"Oyakata-sama!"

Haha. Really love these two. And Kojuurou really kick some ass there. Very badass. Now, on to the movie! "Are you ready, guys?" lol.
Jun 30, 2014 10:30 AM

Apr 2014
Yukimura just went bloody OP and destroyed that fortress like a maniac, I love it.

Masamune also did a great one-shot-destruction of Hideyoshi.

This episode was absolutely epic, not to mention all the battles that went on that episode, I've seen last party already, can't wait for the 3rd season to come out next month.

I also loved the ending of the show being Yukimura and Shingen getting up to old punching and yelling habits. 9/10 for me.
Oct 22, 2014 4:51 AM

Jul 2013
LET"S PARTY!

I can't believe Masamune pulled it off and even Yukimura.

7/10 I loved the action and it lacks something.. and contrary to the majority, I liked the season one more than this
Dec 19, 2014 10:52 PM

Sep 2014
This was amazing! I loved the anime and the story-line that came with it. It was far better than the first season, but there was only a few problems.

One problem would be it almost felt like season one, but it was a lot better than season one.

Second problem is the actually fights, I mean I want to watch the one eyed dragon fight, but they keep on jumping from fight to fight, and in the end it takes me 10 minutes just to see the one-eyed dragon get smashed.. Then 5 minutes later he finally destroyed that puncher guy.

I was going to give this anime an 8/10 like s1 for me, but I'd say it deserved a 8.5/10 but you can't rate .5s.. makes it an 8/10. I mean this anime was very inspirational and fantastic. I loved each characters, and all the villains were enjoyable. Each one had a strong depth to them, and their goals and inspirations set.

The biggest problem that made me round down than up is the fact that they aren't progressing on the original plot. Which is who would rule of the land of the rising sun. They add an amazing villain and amazing heroes to take him down, but some day the heroes are going to have to take each other on, and decide who is victor to the land.
GokuDec 19, 2014 10:56 PM
Oct 24, 2016 3:57 PM

Feb 2015
taterhead said:
One of the best Yaoi series I have seen, indeed.

100+
-------
aw, i wanted to see hanbei fighting, so sad he went out so soon. especially since the fight started so good. besides all that the ending was really good, i liked it. plus way to go yuki! he landed an attack i don't think even oyakata could do! can't wait to see more of the newly developed yuki coming our way.

and surprisingly not much of the S1 OST was used. this one was even better than the last. much better.

on a critical view i guess this would be a 5/10, but the enjoyment level is through the roof. i really like this manly series.
Nov 3, 2016 2:50 AM

Oct 2015
hideyoshi was a baddest bad guy than nobunaga. He was my favorite character in the series and its a pity he was slayed by Date. Yukimura was useless in this season.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 29, 2022 1:30 AM
Jan 2022
Wth the ending, that's it? Kind of disappointing, fortunately the rest are good to just ok. So 7(6,5)/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sengoku Basara Two Episode 11 Discussion

Koko-Bear - Sep 16, 2010

32 by Ardi8 »»
Apr 27, 2022 4:04 PM

Poll: » Sengoku Basara Two Episode 8 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Aug 29, 2010

32 by Ardi8 »»
Apr 20, 2022 8:37 AM

Poll: » Sengoku Basara Two Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daitoppa - Aug 15, 2010

55 by Ardi8 »»
Apr 6, 2022 6:55 AM

Poll: » Sengoku Basara Two Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Oosran - Jul 26, 2010

51 by iamKetranLang »»
Oct 21, 2017 9:05 PM

Poll: » Sengoku Basara Two Episode 10 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Sep 12, 2010

22 by TomDay »»
Oct 18, 2016 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.