Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 23, 2018 3:09 PM
Apr 2018
It's time. They have to end this confrontation. Staying in Iserlohn won't do any good. They have to fight for the people that still believe in them.
Nov 30, 2019 7:27 AM

Oct 2012
Finally Julian's turn to show his skills!
But when both sides go to war, won't the Terrarist and Rubinsky stab them from the back?
"Signature removed"
Jan 6, 2020 1:17 PM

Nov 2016
Karin and Julian moments are getting cute and cuter.

Seeing that Julian goesn into his first battle as a leading commander makes me a bit nostalgic. Not long ago he was participating in his first battle. Time flies.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 13, 2020 10:45 PM

Jan 2016
Man I really hope Julian and the republic loses. He says some fancy word dressings about democratic theory but the truth is that its a shallow view of humanity since people don't even really know WHAT they want. Kind of like those quotes about whoever controls media controls the people, like theories of manufacturing consent by Noam Chomsky.

Truthfully, meaning is far more important than the esoteric belief that the "sanctity" of life is being able to make your own unfettered choices. Reinhard's dynasty will provide far more meaning to the people than some plutocratic "democracy".
May 8, 2020 3:24 AM
Sep 2017
I really liked this episode, because of Julian's conclusions and how things are falling into place: Julian acknowledges that what people really follow in the end is the people who hold and realise the ideals rather than the ideals themselves (eg how Rheinhard respects Yang), and that if they want to confront the Empire, they need to think of Rheinhard as an individual ruler, and what it is that he respects and values. So their key is not really to fight based on principles only, but rather win Rheinhard's personal approval of them so they can get him on the discussion table. Well, I hope that that's one of their endgame goals: to exchange information with Empire so that they can confront the true criminals, the terraists/Phezzani.

Of course no one wants any futile reasons to start an attack on an overpowered enemy, but what Iserlohn folks expressed was that their goal is to show the same fortitude as Yang did, in order for them to get the Kaiser's acknowledgment. Yeah I agree it's not the best reason, but it makes sense to me: this is Rheinhard's character, he loves fighting and respects good fighters.. I still hope they're planning on only maybe showing their capability in battle rather than full destruction of the Imperial fleets (cause obviously they cannot). In itself this kind of initiative seems stupid, but because their aim is to appeal to the Kaiser, that's what they need to do.

And of course the riots on Heinessen kinda pushed it all to happen. For me the chain of thoughts that Julian expressed really made sense, plus adding what the other officers added to it.

I'm also happy that Julian is showing quite a bit of unconfidence, uncertainty and maybe a bit of overthinking.. he must be nervous to have the position he does. I also like how the older officers are giving him guidance and clarifying information for him. And Julian's more like making the conclusions. I find Julian very realistic in this sense, although his slow rise up is also why I have been a little bored on 4th season so far... but now I'm really excited again! I only hope he makes a good impression on the Kaiser.
Nov 9, 2020 10:35 PM

Mar 2012
Dusty: You're going to turn 30 this year, aren't you? You'll finally be joining us, huh?
Poplan: Until my birthday comes, I'm still in my youthful 20's.
Dusty: And when is your birthday?
Poplan: Treizember 36th
Dusty: Oh, don't give me your stupid crap, you bad loser!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm going to start using that. Also "I didn't turn 30 because I wanted to..."
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Jan 2, 2021 10:21 PM
Jun 2017
I'm glad that Oberstein is gaining more and more protagonism as the series is shifting it's perspective from war to government. His backing up of the navigation data showed his prudence and also the flaws in the system. If they already knew that logs are prone to be erased (as it happened with the data of the Alliance Commissioner's office in Phezzan and the Terraist HQ), why didn't they think about making a backup of them?

I think it was only natural for Oberstein to distrust everyone. Ironically, that way of thinking makes everyone distrust him in return. I also get his kind of inferiority complex. I used to hate him when he first appeared because he was always saying he would have been rejected under the Inferior Genes Exclusion Law.

It seems that Reinhard's government won't be a peaceful one in the foreseeable future unless De Villier and Rubinsky are killed. I'm still afraid for Oberstein. Knowing that he successfully diverted the success of the plan concerning the logs, it wouldn't be surprising if Rubinsky decided to take him out of the way. I wonder what honorary position would he be awarded after his death. He is already a Fleet Admiral, so maybe he would be posthumously appointed as the Prime Minister. I mean, there is no other honor that can be awarded to him if Reinhard doesn't create one specifically for the occasion.

I was originally prone to try a more diplomatic approach from Iserlohn to Reinhard, though Julian reasoning is somewhat correct. Even so, I still think their fight for republican democracy, at the moment, is hollow. It was stated in the last that the Alliance citizens were ok with Reinhard's reign. It was also stated and hinted that their last three governments had very low approval ratings (Lebello, Truniht and the other one). The people at least don't hate Reinhard.

If the majority of the people want autocracy, isn't it anti-democratic to force them into accepting democracy? After all, it's true that Reinhard is somewhat a democratic leader, as its the will of the people for him to be the Kaiser. Even more, a monarchy can also be democratic. I believe that Reinhard wouldn't have any problem with democratizing his reign later on, though it's impossible due to the current circumstances to lessen the iron rule.

As for the next episode, I don't think it would be correct to let Julian win. He has no experience as a commander, theorical or practical, and their forces aren't as big as to be victorious in anything other than assymetrical warfare. After the fall of the Alliance and the death of Yang, the democratic side has lost all appeal. The Imperial side's affairs are much more interesting than what could be happening at Iserlohn, and trying to take them back now and forth is boring. I just hope they convince Reinhard to redact a constitution and disband, as they have little to no role to fulfill in this story.
PaulotronatorJan 2, 2021 10:25 PM
Jan 3, 2021 11:00 AM
Nov 2020
They probably should have killed of Yang earlier to allow Julian to grow a bit.

I really just am not convinced by Julian. I liked the premise of him always having more potential than Yang and Reinhard (it was alluded to earlier on in the series) but he clearly hasn't fulfilled that at all.

Looks like the wheels are moving and time will now pass to give this series a proper conclusion. One final war.

Julian's hands look tied and given he knows this is orchestrated by the terrarists, he is still basically going along and reacing to their actions as they'd expect which sucks.

The empire is now much weaker in regards to leadership than it was in the previous wars.
Sep 4, 2021 9:38 PM

Dec 2018
julian - "its terraists"
also julian - "imma do it anyway lel"
i hope he gets btfo, can't stand that prick
Jul 3, 2022 6:03 PM

Dec 2007
seriously? after all that hard and serious thinking that what julian came out with? going out a war against the empire? really don't understand this conclusion following the discussion beforehand.
making the empire going out for a war - meaning, wahlen forces would use money that should use for economic and distribution for the flee forces. if it's not earth cult cause, they are pretty much screwing up the heinsen's anti-empire citizens. how they'r gonna excuse themself by "we are democratic who's going to help you!"??
and if by, the chance it's the terraists fault, and the possibility that by fighting the empire would help their enemy rather than "spread the democratic!" what does going to war gonna help?
but no, there's just no logic in julian's opinion except the dramatic conclusion that "reinhard loving war". lol.

seriously season 4 so far feeling really forced in terms of the isserlohn side. it would be much more interesting if julian would side reuntal. oh well, you didn't. in fact - you also helped reinhard's forces coming through. the only normal and logic possibility i see from here is trying to coexist with the empire and by those somehow tho gain political power to make some democratic nation. maybe even to fight the terraist together.

so my only hope is that julian isn't just "gonna war with the empire", but actually have some smart plan there. because so far he's kind of dull commander. he have no chance to win against the empire. unless he had succeeded somehow yang's magics. lol.
hell, even attenborough and poplan conversation in the middle of the meeting just showed how they are little kids who plays the box game "fighting the emepror". they didn't have showed little seriousness there lol.

my only concern here is, that reinhard cannot have peaceful honeymoon .
Aug 4, 2022 7:16 PM
Jun 2022
Administrating a large territory is more difficult than conquering it, and we’re seeing the perils of such. Unrest in Heinessen after Reuental’s expensive campaign against Reinhard was to be expected. Wahlen seems to be handling it well tho.

Nice quality time between Hilde and Reinhard, even if that didn’t last long lol.

Rubinsky continues to cast his shadow over the Galaxy. You gotta give to him, the greatest antagonist of the series.

Interesting discussions going on Isenhorn. Julian made the right call after all. He has really grown to be Yang’s sucessor. Good stuff.

4/5 as the show is picking up steam again after that whole Reuental’s rebellion nonsense.
Dec 25, 2022 1:46 PM

May 2018
Julian is the next Socrates, even more than Yang at this point. Now that's a lot of thinking!
Feb 22, 2023 12:29 AM

Aug 2018
We just can't stop getting the riots everywhere and other stuff that disturb Reinhard's and Hilda honeymoon, at least one good thing is that navigation data was saved by none other than Oberstein, can't ignore him there and not give credit.

Julian seems to understand things better than expected, maybe his plan to head out and start a conflict will only bring great advantages soon.

Looks like new war shall begin soon
Oct 11, 2023 10:18 PM
Jan 2021
Oh my. When did Julian become taller than Frederica?
Oct 13, 2023 2:52 PM

Feb 2012
2023 Rewatch

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.