Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 6, 2008 8:20 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Talk about bad timing. If Oberstein failed to piss off a few of the wedding spectators sometime in the past, he picked the right time to get on their bad sides. Perhaps he really felt an obligation to inform Reinhard of a revolt. But to do it on his wedding day? Now that was just crass.

De Villier called all the Earth supporters idiots which leads me to believe he used some sort of trickery when the Grand Bishop appeared. Did he use a body double? A of hologram? Dressed up the corpse of the Grand Bishop and used elaborate puppeteering? Whatever the case, his actions point to deception behind the scenes.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Aug 20, 2008 12:52 AM

Sep 2007
Interrupting the wedding ceremony seems out of character, even for Oberstein. I wonder if the riots are more significant than they appear to be.

De Villier needs to die. If he kills Reinhard or something, I'm going to be upset.
Aug 25, 2009 6:26 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
naikou said:
Interrupting the wedding ceremony seems out of character, even for Oberstein. I wonder if the riots are more significant than they appear to be.

De Villier needs to die. If he kills Reinhard or something, I'm going to be upset.

Looks like these riots are the next big challenge, from the episode previews....

Again, wonderful wedding ceremony disrupted by Oberstein :/ Although I think it does fit his character very well....

And Long Live the Emperor and Empress, death to the Terraists....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 28, 2009 8:11 AM

Jan 2009
I wonder if Oberstein would have fallen ill there in the middle of the wedding A La Fork.

God that would have been awesome.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Sep 28, 2009 8:57 AM

Jan 2008
Oberstein is the best. Know why?

'CAUSE HE JUST DONT GIVE A FUCK.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Sep 28, 2009 10:14 AM

Mar 2008
Did Oberstein interupt the wedding because he was jealous of Hilda ?
Oct 24, 2009 10:17 PM

Jan 2009
Beautiful weeding, loved this episode a lot.
Nov 7, 2009 9:38 AM

Jul 2008
Great episode. great wedding
I'm just waiting for De Villier to die a miserable death. one of the most hated characters ever.
I'll be pissed if he didn't die
Jan 1, 2010 10:28 AM

Nov 2007
They must've really timed everything perfectly so that 100th episode could be about Reinhard's wedding.
By the way, can someone explain to me why Kaiserin is greeted with "hoff" and Kaiser with "sieg"?
Mar 21, 2010 9:42 PM

Jan 2009
So this is the Legend of the Galactic Wedding. Epic as expected, considering Annerose came all the way from Odin to attend. Even moreso when Reinhard asked Count Mariendorf if he could call him 'Father'.

Actually, it doesn't really come as a shock to see Oberstein make his report as Reinhard and Hilde were walking away from the altar. As much as I, everyone who saw this episode, and all attending the wedding disliked this turn events, it was something to be expected of him.

tainteddonut said:

De Villier called all the Earth supporters idiots which leads me to believe he used some sort of trickery when the Grand Bishop appeared. Did he use a body double? A of hologram? Dressed up the corpse of the Grand Bishop and used elaborate puppeteering? Whatever the case, his actions point to deception behind the scenes.

I was wondering about this too. I was also thinking he might have used some sort of puppet to fool the believers. Though, at the end of the scene I thought De Villiers meant the followers were idiots for thinking something happened to the Grand Bishop.
Jun 9, 2010 7:37 AM

Jun 2009
I agree with what Oberstein did. Matters that concern the nation when you're an Emperor are more important than personal events, including a wedding.

Moya said:
Did Oberstein interupt the wedding because he was jealous of Hilda ?

Yes, Oberstein is totally hot for Reinhard.

EDIT: Corrected a 5 year old typo.
loghneckbeardAug 25, 2015 4:25 AM
Jun 23, 2010 9:08 PM

Jul 2008
Tyestor said:

This could be quite a turn of events. Oberstein's sexuality finally revealed!
Jul 6, 2010 4:36 PM

Feb 2010
Well Oberstein can't tell me that it couldn't wait 2 more minutes. They were on their way back from the altar any way :/

And the Grand Bishop appearing surprised me for a second, but with DeVilliers comment it's probably some trick used by him.

Also I wonder who's behind the riots on Heinessen, or if it's really just the mob rebelling...
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 26, 2010 6:43 AM

Apr 2008
Hilda looked beautiful (but not her wedding gown...). It seems de Villier is holding every power in his hands; I still wonder if the Grand Archbishop is a fake one, or just drugged. The first hypothesis seems more likely to be true.
Dec 4, 2010 2:43 PM

Jan 2010
100 episodes,yay for milestone :)

but this was quite a monotone episodes,even with the fact that Reinhard got married...it was kinda boring :p

that Grand Bishop is probably fake..De villier really knows how to play them around

i'm hoping for a FPA based episode soon ._.,it's been like 10 episodes from the last one

4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 15, 2011 12:50 PM

May 2010
I like how the narrator said "no objected the marriage between Hilde and Reinhard" and they showed Oberstein's face lol.

I wonder what they were talking about (they being Annerose and Reinhard) in privacy...

It'll probably be like

"My little brother, you are now worthy of being my brother since your hair is now as long and gold as mine"

"No, my dear sister, my hair HAS LONG SURPASSED YOURS!!!!"
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 18, 2011 10:47 PM
Jul 2010
EdiblePwncakes said:
Tyestor said:

I always suspected it, ever since that assassination attempt that killed Kircheis. Oberstein acted as a meatshield for Reinhard when the first shot was fired, reacting almost as quickly as Kircheis did. True love
Apr 12, 2011 8:22 PM

Jun 2009
Luthimal said:
EdiblePwncakes said:
Tyestor said:

I always suspected it, ever since that assassination attempt that killed Kircheis. Oberstein acted as a meatshield for Reinhard when the first shot was fired, reacting almost as quickly as Kircheis did. True love
I think that it's been pretty obvious that Oberstein is hardcore yandere for his Kaiser. He's a rare stoic yandere, but a yandere nonetheless. Both times that someone close to Reinhard has died, Oberstein was just a little bit too involved. And whenever anyone has tried to get close to Reinhard in a way other than that of a subject to a king, Oberstein has always been there to subtly tell them to back the fuck off. Prime example:
In typical yandere fashion, Oberstein is very good at keeping what he's doing a secret from the object of his affection. I'll bet that the Fraulein will be assassinated or somehow end up as "collateral damage" once the heir is born.

But I don't think that Oberstein's yandereness is the reason why he interrupted the wedding. He was just getting even with the Kaiser and Fraulein for upstaging him 11 episodes ago with their rom-com antics.
He waltzes out there and bows.
Reinhard is clearly not in the mood for Oberstein's usual bullshit.
Oberstein could not care less about what his Kaiser wants.
Apr 12, 2011 8:32 PM

Jun 2009
@ DrHouse

I found your running commentary, coupled with the pics, to be hilarious.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 22, 2011 5:21 AM
Feb 2011
As happy as I am that Hilda and Reinhard finally got married and are expecting, It brings up the interesting question of what Reinhard thinks about monarchial sucession. Didn't he denounce it rather furiously before? Didn't he say the very existance of such a thing was disgusting? If the child is a boy, what will that mean for Reinhard?

He hasn't mentioned anything about it yet, but i'm curious about when he does.
Feb 19, 2012 7:40 PM

Sep 2009
Oh Oberstien.
If I was a 14 year old girl I would ship you and the Kaiser so hard.
Apr 11, 2012 5:10 AM

Nov 2009
Everyone hates Oberstein.

Imagine if he had to deliever the message while Reinhard and Hilda were on their honeymoon. He would just burst into the room to tell him, not being amused at the 'action' before his eyes xD.

Oberstein wants a huuuuuuuuuuuug now that he lost his Kaiser.
May 4, 2012 9:01 AM

Mar 2011
Hoffe Kaiserin Hildegard!
May 7, 2012 9:43 AM

Aug 2008
So will Mittermeyer take Hilda's Fathers' position, I guess he could fulfill the duties but he seems to work best with a foil. If he became Reinhards buddy that would work and be interesting for the plot.
Oct 28, 2012 10:56 PM

Nov 2010
@DrHouse, that was hilarious
I couldn't help but laugh when Oberstein looked at the count, I mean, what the heck is the matter with that person?!

btw, what's with the episode about the terraists, did the Grand Bishop die sometime in the past? i can't seem to remember
May 10, 2013 1:35 AM

Mar 2012
100 episodes. Finally!!

To tell you the truth, it took me a little over a year to get here. I'm glad I savored every single episode instead of rushing the whole series, and I'm glad I still have the two Gaidens to look forward to. It was so worth it to see Annerose come down for Reinhard's wedding, haven't seen her in forever.

Most of this episode had me smiling the entire way, even Oberstein's interruption, I just laughed.

Makes me wonder though, if Yang were still alive, would Reinhard want him there? It was also sad that Ruenthal had to die two months prior, perhaps if Reinhard and Hilda announced their engagement beforehand, Ruenthal would've set his differences aside, or postponed his betrayal.
Jun 23, 2013 5:44 PM

Nov 2011
Beatnik said:
Oberstein is the best. Know why?

'CAUSE HE JUST DONT GIVE A FUCK.

LOL Oberstein..
I am not really sure about his "feelings" though, but whatever it is I think it is still appropriate to his character..

Sieg Kaiser Reinhard ! Hoff Kaiserin Hildegard !
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jul 12, 2013 5:34 AM

Aug 2010
What bugs me about Oberstein is that he should have been perfectly capable of foreseeing the reactions to his action, yet he still acted the way he did. It makes me think that he is actually going out of his way to be hated by everyone around him.
Or maybe he was just pissed enough to make a rash decision unlike his usual self? I guess we'll know soon enough.

The fact that Reinhard and Hilda can't call each other by their names only reinforces the insurmountable distance between them that's probably there to stay permanently. It was nice seeing Annerose-sama again. 5/5.

Ten episodes only to conclude the Rubinsky/Terraists/Julian storylines? I'm really curious to see how it all ends.
Aug 7, 2013 6:25 PM

Jun 2013
Wonderful Marriage :)

and the Earth cults are still fucking around.....oh boy
Sep 21, 2013 12:35 AM

Apr 2012
Oberstein is the king of giving no fucks and poker face.
Oct 2, 2013 1:07 PM

Nov 2009
I'm slightly confused as to why they are assuming that Reinhard's child will ascend the throne, when he himself made it very clear that he believed that talent was worth more than blood . . .
Aug 12, 2014 8:23 AM

Nov 2013
OBERSTEIN, BETWEEN THE LOOK HE GAVE THE COUNT AND JUST WALKING OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PROCESSION I DON'T KNOW WHICH WAS BETTER.

ALSO;

This episode delivered.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 26, 2014 12:23 AM

Sep 2013
My biggest complaint about this anime is this Earth thing. It got boring a long time ago. I would rather see Rubinsky or Truniht playing this role than them.
Sep 6, 2014 4:15 AM

Apr 2013
Prosit!

The earth cult really needs to die already. They better not fuck anything up and kill Reinhard or Hilda.
Nov 22, 2014 9:56 PM

Mar 2012
Dam Earth cult shenanigans about to continue again.
Dec 19, 2014 7:52 AM

Oct 2013
"Annerose sacrificed herself for his brother's sake"
And lived in luxury and didn't have to do anything... ever, the old Kaiser occasionally took him to a opera or something and that was it, she has achieved nothing through her lifetime, she's just there to look pretty and be Kaiser's brother. Don't thank Annerose for what Reinhard has become, Thank Reinhard for being a such siscon.
Dec 20, 2014 5:28 PM

Oct 2010
Qatami said:
"Annerose sacrificed herself for his brother's sake"
And lived in luxury and didn't have to do anything... ever, the old Kaiser occasionally took him to a opera or something and that was it, she has achieved nothing through her lifetime, she's just there to look pretty and be Kaiser's brother. Don't thank Annerose for what Reinhard has become, Thank Reinhard for being a such siscon.

Y-you do know what a concubine is right?
Dec 23, 2014 6:06 AM

Jul 2014
Please kill the fuck Earth cult...
Feb 5, 2015 10:16 PM
Aug 2011
I'm not getting the good vibes from neither Oberstein (obviously lol) and Hilda.
The last 10 episodes actually terrify me...
Mar 16, 2015 6:52 AM

Aug 2014
It was cool to see Reinhart and Hilda get married.
Apr 13, 2015 9:33 PM

Sep 2014
I literally lol to myself every time Oberstein is shown. He has chronic bitch face and i love it oh so much.

Also baby Reuental is kawaiiAF
Jun 6, 2015 12:58 PM
Nov 2014
Damn, great to see mein kaiser getting married but Oberstein had to mess it up like always :P
Jun 22, 2015 11:43 AM

May 2012
Lovely wedding! I almost thought something would've gone wrong at the wedding, this anime is full of surprises :p but well let's hope they'll live until the baby is born! Let's see what's next.
Jul 26, 2015 12:58 PM

Jan 2014
I really hope those religious fanatics die horrible deaths.
Jul 29, 2015 10:53 PM

Dec 2013
Brilliant timing by Oberstein!
Dec 11, 2015 9:46 PM
Aug 2014
Oberstein is a true savage
Jan 30, 2016 5:38 AM

Dec 2012
I'm surprised there wasn't more to Oberstein's announcement. Simply stating the presence of riots didn't exactly seem like something to bother Reinhard with, which makes me suspect he means to tell him something else that can't be mentioned in front of the public. Although in that case, he could have just asked to see him privately. But this once again demonstrates how Oberstein will act as the conduit for animosity for the sake of the Empire and I'm fully convinced he takes on this role to purposely shield Reinhard.

Ironic how the Terraists (and Rubinsky) are now the last loose end of threats in this story. The Goldenbaum Dynasty fell, the Alliance was abolished, Truniht met his end, Yang Wenli is gone, and Reuenthal's rebellion has been quelled. Yet the radical rock worshipers have managed to crawl around and survive.
Mar 30, 2016 7:40 AM

Mar 2014
Bittenfeld said:
To tell you my honest feelings, Admiral Müller, as the groom at a wedding ceremony, the Kaiser is simply just a handsome man, I'm afraid to say. But as the supreme fleet admiral who leads entire fleets, he's really a godly person. Don't you think so, too?
Müller said:
I think he's quite godly as a groom, too.

This is, quite possibly, my favourite conversation from the entire anime. I doubt that the final ten episodes will contain something to top this.
Bittenfeld said:
To tell you my honest feelings, Admiral Müller, as the groom at a wedding ceremony, the Kaiser is simply just a handsome man, I'm afraid to say. But as the supreme fleet admiral who leads entire fleets, he's really a godly person. Don't you think so, too?
Müller said:
I think he's quite godly as a groom, too.
Jun 24, 2016 6:33 PM

Aug 2014
Reinhard : "It's been a long time, sister...now I look even more fabolous than you with my lavishing long hair."
I mean damn, the least Reinhard could do was get a haircut for when he met his sister or at least for his wedding xD

Besides the interruption from yours truly Oberstein, I'm amazed that this ceremony went smoothly.
Jul 2, 2016 7:50 PM

Jun 2014
wtf the wedding priest guy stuttered through reading 2 lines from a sheet of paper and the wedding was over. Why cant every wedding be that short?
and fucking Oberstein you asshole. Reinhard shouldve flipped a shit on him right there.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 109 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

64 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.