Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 21, 2011 10:39 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty good episode, although most of it you can under by reading what is at the beginning. the gore and violence are promising but the humiliation of Bridgette from this part was from the manga point and this episode the second raging I got TBH until Kazuya acted. That limiter devourer is a slut more than any other girl in this series and I know because I am far in the manga but that is only my IMO. Anyways expressions are done fine like everyone freaking in the beginning as Bridgette enters the cafeteria. I don't quite remember that touching part of Bridgette, was she abused by her father possibly? Miyabi does have interesting profile specs in the spoiler
but her bust ain't that great.

The fight was rather good like blow exchange, the depiction of freezing was satisfying just like in the manga. What was interesting were the reading, although I found it hard to read them their revealings of Kazuya's sister, that of her having 20 stigmatas. They also revealed what makes Cassie Lockheart special, in that she has 90% percent compatibility. Most importantly Kazuya having 30% of his body composed of stigmatas and also Gendo Aoi, his father so that is why he is the best limiter, like his sister who is the best Pandora.

The ecchi, I think for me it could be beneficial because female anatomy naked, was not often in the manga but only as long as the gore/violence does not suffer from it, which looked it did in this episode mainly the gore part that was in the manga, precisely the part in the spoiler
because its impact is important in future development. But at least I get to see most of the girls more naked like Ingrid, which really is not worth it in this series in regards to cutting out the violence/gore for it. Looks like next episode will be promising since Ingrid is coming and her illusion attacks as well as Tempest turn will prove to be fun to see. Also Kazuya will be seeing a interesting view of Bridgette with some details of her. BTW I hate her right after Miyabi because she is a manipulative bitch.
Yumekichi11Jan 22, 2011 12:10 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 21, 2011 10:44 PM

Feb 2008
Freezing was quite interesting.
I wonder what is going to happend with that boy when he become her limited.
Does that make them stronger?
I think so.
His freezing is so overpowered.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 22, 2011 1:51 AM

Dec 2007
wow. It looks like that the chapter in the manga was more violent than in the episode D:

Poor Bridgette. her pantsu was taken off and the guys took photos of it ._.
Jan 22, 2011 2:46 AM
Jun 2008
actually I almost drop this show when he touch her hand .....but I try to convince myself that big boob is sexy and nice to watch

貞操の解放者(this is my first impression when hearing it).....I lol very hard when I heard this.God sake,can some one translate this in a more proper word from the manga.
Jan 22, 2011 2:56 AM

Oct 2010
MorningGlory said:
God sake,can some one translate this in a more proper word from the manga.
I tried pointing out some good points of the manga but looks like the negative points overwhelm in regards to the importance of the future plots unfolding. Blame it on the ecchi that take up the vital time of the gore, I will leave it at that.

Jan 22, 2011 5:33 AM
Jan 2011
Im not going to compare it with the manga. Ill just watch this as a standalone, i like it but the difference is just to much. Still a good episode tho.
Jan 22, 2011 6:43 AM

Sep 2007
As expected, they upped the fanservice but removed the scene of Bridget completely pounding on Miyabi's face and completely driving her volt weapon through her chest? Disappointing.
Jan 22, 2011 7:38 AM

Jun 2010
Yes, the violence was much lighter, compared to the manga. And this is now just the beginning of Satellizer's humiliation.
Jan 22, 2011 8:35 AM

Sep 2009
oh...kazuya went into plot mode, and everybody get's trolled X3

oh lawd
Jan 22, 2011 8:42 AM

Oct 2009
Kanade-chan said:
wow. It looks like that the chapter in the manga was more violent than in the episode D:

Yeay, I wonder if they hadn't already sent the pics to the internet before their phones where destroyed...
Jan 22, 2011 9:06 AM

Jul 2010
i really don't know if i like this series i will give the next episode a chance if it isn't getting better i will drop this.

i just see an anime where girls who should be working thoghter, instead they are fighting to kill, humilitate and bullying each other. revality is nice but this is a little bit overboard.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Jan 22, 2011 9:41 AM

Feb 2008
so i guess it will deal more with the politics than the war?
Jan 22, 2011 10:33 AM

Aug 2008
kinda a mix of sekirei and queens blade

“The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances.” 
― Agatha Christie
Jan 22, 2011 10:43 AM

Jul 2010
Kanade-chan said:

I wonder if she shaves or waxes down there?
yeo
Jan 22, 2011 10:56 AM

Nov 2009
So i still hate Aoi for the most part, but his 'lawl lead role pwr' play was pretty amusing to watch. I will agree that this episode did a better job in well... in general.
Jan 22, 2011 11:09 AM

Apr 2010
Ah, Burger Queen. Fascinating.

Jan 22, 2011 11:16 AM

Jul 2009
I was happy when Aoi boy got a beating, they picked one of the most annoying voice ever and mixed with one of the 'weakest' character. I hated him in the manga, and now I have even more of a reason to hate him.

And yeah, too bad they didn't show the part where she smashes her face in the ground. Well so far so good, I suppose.
Jan 22, 2011 11:35 AM

Feb 2009
Was Kazuya really this annoying in the manhwa? I forgot. It's the voice I think.
Sattella should fight more and stop talking, Noto Mamiko doesn't fit her image.
And the introduction of the Accel Turn. The skill that you won't forget because this will be spammed all throughout the show.
Lolplot is still lolplot. Why was this adapted into an anime again when there are better materials out there :/
Jan 22, 2011 11:52 AM

Aug 2010
Nice episode. Was a little sick of Aoi just sitting there freaking out but then he actually did something so whatever.
Jan 22, 2011 11:59 AM

Dec 2008
They totally screwed this up :/ One of the best (if not the best) scenes from the entire series and they cut it out! I don't know what idiot make this decision and for what deranged reason but I'm considering dropping this series. It's obvious that it can't ever hope to reach the level of the original.
Yumekichi11 said:
I don't quite remember that touching part of Bridgette, was she abused by her father possibly?

Read chapter 20
New profile design sucks.
Jan 22, 2011 12:09 PM

Dec 2007
To Yumekichi11....about why she is called Untouchable Queen.

Well i think this ep was better than second.....i am really disappointed that its not so violent as manga.....i really liked that part when she nearly killed that bitch.
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Jan 22, 2011 1:23 PM

Sep 2008
As always, you have to cheat to defeat Mamiko Noto.
She deserved to behead/impale/obliterate those 3 losers and that slut though.

Mamiko Noto never got her Burger Queen too...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2011 1:34 PM

Apr 2010
They where a bit over the top in my opinion.
She might have a name for not wanting to be touched but to fear her to that extend is a bit to much.
I mean your just standing in the line it's not like you have to touch her for that.

Yumekichi11 said:
I don't quite remember that touching part of Bridgette, was she abused by her father possibly?

It's clear that from her fear of being touched that something happened to her when she was young.
That led to that fear.

Yumekichi11 said:
Miyabi does have interesting profile specs in the spoiler
There a nice size tho.
I have to add that this is the first girl of who we saw the specs that wasn't from the UK, which makes me wonder where the next girl will be from, i hope they come up with something original like Switzerland or Canada.

I like the direction this anime is going i have not read the manga but i am thinking of picking it up.
This episode motioned a few things which have not been explained yet.
Stigma was mentioned quite a few times tho there hasn't really been a explanation about it yet or i might have missed it.
It was only mentioned that it was a substance injected into a Pandora's body
I also wonder why Aoi and his sister have the ability's tho have to many partners, it was explained that there where some unusual amount of stigma in there body's but why this was has not been explained.
It does explain why Aoi was treated so special by the academy.

That Aoi asked Bridgette to be his Pandora was no surprise he was pretty blunt in asking tho.
And it seems to me that Bridgette only shows her weaknesses in front of him.
Again why she can tolerate him so much has not been explained yet tho it seems to be related to the 30% stigma which is in his body.
I have to say that Bridgette is very cute when she is blushing.

From the looks of it there seems to be one 3rd year which sees Bridgette as a threat and she started to take action against her.
This might get very serious so i wonder what the rest of this Anime will bring.
Jan 22, 2011 1:58 PM

Feb 2010
they skipped all the violent part.... at least they didn't screwd up freezing like the pandora mode.
Jan 22, 2011 2:01 PM

Apr 2010
The episode was done better than episode 2. I feel the action was more interesting in this episode. Would be good if they got into more details about Bridgette's past.
Jan 22, 2011 2:20 PM

Sep 2010
Something has taken me in this episode... but not the action. I was just "OMG WTF" in front of my screen...I think it's a bit pushed for fanservice. ^^
Jan 22, 2011 2:48 PM

Dec 2007
Wasabi said:
As expected, they upped the fanservice but removed the scene of Bridget completely pounding on Miyabi's face and completely driving her volt weapon through her chest? Disappointing.

Yeah, I kept shouting "Stabstabstab" at the screentime because everyone showed up too early. Then it didn't happen and I called bullshit. Seriously, first Bridgette is too tsundere (more so than in the manga) and then they take out the epic stab. I am sad and am too considering dropping the anime.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Jan 22, 2011 3:08 PM

Sep 2009
That was interesting. The plot seems to be getting more interesting in this episode and its easier to ignore the fanservice now imo. xD From what I've seen 12 episodes may be too little to have all that much in it. o: Haven't read the manga yet so who knows.
Jan 22, 2011 3:31 PM

Aug 2010
Wow the show actually picked up. Im impressed. Now only if they would give Kazuya a katana, that would be bad ass!!
Jan 22, 2011 3:32 PM

Mar 2010
This was to much for my taste. It might as well be called a hentai now. I dropped it after this ep. I can't stand shows that use potential rape as a plot kicker.
Jan 22, 2011 3:35 PM

Jun 2009
Why the fuck is Ingrid's hair alizarin? It should be deep carmine/maroon!
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 22, 2011 3:47 PM

Mar 2010
AWESOME I really like the overall episode it really showed how the relationship developed and how the rankings are at the moment Im glad they won that last fight

I M really enjoying the Flashes

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 22, 2011 3:56 PM

Oct 2010
Salathiel said:
To Yumekichi11....about why she is called Untouchable Queen.
Well you explain certainly more clearly thanthe manga it's not mentioned in the manga
Aversa said:
They where a bit over the top in my opinion.
She might have a name for not wanting to be touched but to fear her to that extend is a bit to much.
I mean your just standing in the line it's not like you have to touch her for that.
My point was that the fear was shown better than in the manga thus I got a better feeling of, props to that all the time in anime when it makes you feel how it's supposed to.
Yumekichi11 said:

Aversa said:
It's clear that from her fear of being touched that something happened to her when she was young. That led to that fear.

Well I got reminded who it was but yes, it looks like it could have been severe so much to lead such abnormality.
Yumekichi11 said:
Miyabi does have interesting profile specs in the spoiler
Aversa said:
There a nice size tho.I have to add that this is the first girl of who we saw the specs that wasn't from the UK, which makes me wonder where the next girl will be from, i hope they come up with something original like Switzerland or Canada.
At least put some Russia/Poland. The size might be nice but Bridgette is still the best for that.
Aversa said:
I have to say that Bridgette is very cute when she is blushing.
Yeah that too is something I am getting very pleased with in this series about Bridgette but also her weapon, skills and more important her fighting growth.

Jan 22, 2011 4:17 PM

Jul 2010
those pussies could easily show tits but can't so that stab scene? The fuck??? That was the biggest thing I hoping to see in this episode and I feel cheated. -___-

dropped
Jan 22, 2011 5:11 PM

Dec 2007
Glad to help....i just pray it get more brutal....
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Jan 22, 2011 6:17 PM

Dec 2008
Aversa said:

Thing is Satellizer was know for beating up people that touched her (that is why Shiffon was so surprised by her reaction in 1'st episode), and since she is also known to be VERY brutal to those who crossed her it's only natural that people want to stay on the safe side and keep away from her rather than risk facing her wrath.

BTW, for those who are not reading manhwa here is the entire scene that was cut out ->

Just to make it clear that Freezing is not just about the boobs and that swords are used for something more than just ripping clothes.
New profile design sucks.
Jan 22, 2011 7:43 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Oh great. WHY did they tune down the gore from the first episode into generic fanservice now? Miyabi is supposed to be stabbed through her chest like the post above shows.

Anime adaptation: where most of the times, it just fails.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 22, 2011 7:48 PM

Jun 2010
Karharot said:
Aversa said:

Thing is Satellizer was know for beating up people that touched her (that is why Shiffon was so surprised by her reaction in 1'st episode), and since she is also known to be VERY brutal to those who crossed her it's only natural that people want to stay on the safe side and keep away from her rather than risk facing her wrath.

Don't know if there is anything clearer than what you posted lol
BTW, for those who are not reading manhwa here is the entire scene that was cut out ->

Just to make it clear that Freezing is not just about the boobs and that swords are used for something more than just ripping clothes.
Jan 22, 2011 8:05 PM

Nov 2010
I.... think I'm going to pick up the manga now. I like the setting, but the anime seems to show nothing but tits and arses. Seriously...
Jan 22, 2011 8:09 PM

Jan 2011
Ok, one thing that pisses me off about this show is the dumb ass school. We have alien invaders trying to destroy mankind, and our ONLY hope, the ONLY ones who can save our asses, you have them beating the shit out of each other to the point of Near Death....What....THE.....FUCK. What is the fucking logic in that?!

Otherwise great episode, a better episode than episode 2. Can't wait to see the next episode of her getting naked in front of him
Jan 22, 2011 8:24 PM

Oct 2010
mkaito said:
I.... think I'm going to pick up the manga now. I like the setting, but the anime seems to show nothing but tits and arses. Seriously...
You should also pick up the manga for story depth, who knows what area they will skip ahead in future episodes. As a thumbs up, if you like a anime and it's available in manga form with translations done in your language or one you can understand, then try to find time to read it. You will learn more from it if nothing else.

Jan 22, 2011 8:28 PM
Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
mkaito said:
You should also pick up the manga for story depth, who knows what area they will skip ahead in future episodes. As a thumbs up, if you like a anime and it's available in manga form with translations done in your language or one you can understand, then try to find time to read it. You will learn more from it if nothing else.
sound as if that Anime is just an advertisement for manga and light novel ....
Jan 22, 2011 8:46 PM

Sep 2010
I was really hoping for the stabbity stab stab part.
Jan 22, 2011 9:22 PM

Feb 2008
come on people, you all know that sex sells better than violence. especially in today's world. this brutality might have done well for the story, in fact it would have been appropriate, but from the beginning you could tell that her persona has been toned down in comparison to how everyone perceives her. it creates a sort of disconnect, but you have to remember, that in today's television broadcast world, the way it was adapted made it for a more "sell-able" format. reminds me of the uncut scene of freeza impaling krillin in the namek saga. i don't think it would fly today.
Jan 22, 2011 9:24 PM

Nov 2008
Kanade-chan said:

Have you forgot that she destroyed the phones afterwards?

Karharot said:

As expected, the manga is better. But i'm not surprised. Hopefully the manga has less fanservice.

Jan 22, 2011 9:44 PM

Sep 2007
KingDeadKira said:

As expected, the manga is better. But i'm not surprised. Hopefully the manga has less fanservice.

The manga does have plenty of fanservice, but not to the level of the anime. The anime is just pretty much +fanserivce and -violence compared to the manga. From that chapter alone, Bridgette still had her bra on (as opposed to full bare on tits in the anime) and she only had her pantyhose taken off (as opposed to pantsu completely coming off in the anime).
Jan 22, 2011 11:04 PM

Jun 2008
Akamitsu said:
Ah, Burger Queen. Fascinating.

That was hilarious...

Also, once again people are bitching about the fanservice.

If you guys don't like it, then don't watch, it's that simple.
Jan 22, 2011 11:06 PM

Nov 2010
It was pretty good, the seniors of that school are really cocky.
Jan 22, 2011 11:17 PM

Feb 2009
alexcampos said:

Also, once again people are bitching about the fanservice.

If you guys don't like it, then don't watch, it's that simple.

I believe this is a reasonable answer and a good enough reason why people complain:
Wasabi said:
The manga does have plenty of fanservice, but not to the level of the anime. The anime is just pretty much +fanserivce and -violence compared to the manga. From that chapter alone, Bridgette still had her bra on (as opposed to full bare on tits in the anime) and she only had her pantyhose taken off (as opposed to pantsu completely coming off in the anime).
Jan 22, 2011 11:31 PM

Jun 2008
Wasabi said:

Yes, but her breast were still exposed, Miyabi still massaged them and it was very similar to the anime.

You're also right about the pantyhose, but it was all very similar to the anime, also her panties weren't "completely off" they were only somewhat pulled down, not even enough to show her "flower".

But I will agree with you about the violence...

I'm also disappointed about the fact that the violence has been toned down.

However, I don't think the Fanservice is bad since they are following the manga, everything happened the same way only slightly with a bit more ecchi involved in the anime.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Freezing Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kiba1996 - Feb 25, 2011

96 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 18, 2011

94 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Feb 12, 2011

78 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 4, 2011

99 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 14, 2011

109 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 6:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.