Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2011 3:01 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This time we get some old school super robot fun.

Variable Formation <3.

I had to laugh at the Gravion parody this episode, Obari you sneaky git
Long suffering /m/subs translator
http://msubsreleases.wordpress.com/
Jan 21, 2011 5:42 PM

Aug 2009
Standard fare episode . Same flaws for the new fans, same reasons of fun for the old fans, just replace [whatever] with SRX team. No new territory explored in terms of production, just changing character sets. Pretty simple battle and, as probably should be expected, they finally look like they spent money on making Ryusei look like...well...Ryusei.

Odd Variable Formation sequence though. I definitely didn't like "glow" around the units. It almost made it look green screened (maybe it was just the copy I viewed). I like the way Divine Wars did it so much better. Wish they also let that single guitar play instead of adding in supplementary music. I loved Alpha's version for that reason alone.

Best moment IMO here was the shout out to the "cut in" face shots from OGs.
Burkeism - Our president is more truculent than yours.
Jan 21, 2011 7:34 PM

Sep 2009
SOUL GRAVILION!

GRAVILION ARRRRRC!!

I preferred DW's version of Everywhere You Go, but still good episode, though understandably slow given the amount of dialogue they had to get through.

Also, Guarbein!
Jan 23, 2011 9:15 AM

Aug 2009
Hey, I was waiting for Gravilion to use the Chojouken :p
and they missed a very important thing
when SRX used Gaun Genosider, the Banpresto logo music didn't play
Jan 23, 2011 3:30 PM

Dec 2007
kirant said:
Standard fare episode . Same flaws for the new fans, same reasons of fun for the old fans, just replace [whatever] with SRX team. No new territory explored in terms of production, just changing character sets. Pretty simple battle and, as probably should be expected, they finally look like they spent money on making Ryusei look like...well...Ryusei.

Yeah, but Aya still looks like she got implants, and then discovered at the last minute that her new uniform shrank in the wash . . .
Jan 23, 2011 6:12 PM

Aug 2009
ErwinJA said:
kirant said:

Yeah, but Aya still looks like she got implants, and then discovered at the last minute that her new uniform shrank in the wash . . .

Yeah...I still question what they did there for Aya and Viletta.
Burkeism - Our president is more truculent than yours.
Jan 25, 2011 4:52 PM

Jun 2008
kirant said:
ErwinJA said:
kirant said:

Yeah...I still question what they did there for Aya and Viletta.

Hahaha! Yeah but at least her design improved than the first few episodes. He boobs looked even bigger and more anatomically wrong the first time she appeared in Inspector.

As about the standard. Well as a non gamer i actually enjoyed this. No new sides and plots for once. Simple and clear staff. Heroes going brain-fucked and then showing there true spirit overcoming and beating the old ugly evil woman after a nice robot fight(although the fights could have been a little better). Yes it's a little clishe in robot animes but why the hell am i watching a show called "Super Robot wars" for? I watch it for some nice robot action with a typical political conflict story to support my big robots fighting.(o yeah! and a few nice anime babes too)

Btw am happy that the troll gay ending didn't appear this time. It spoiled my excitment for seeing new girls added in it the last time.
Jan 25, 2011 11:37 PM

Aug 2009
Monad said:
Btw am happy that the troll gay ending didn't appear this time. It spoiled my excitment for seeing new girls added in it the last time.

What gay ending ?
all I've seen last ep was Zengar and Ratsel being as manly as ever, like in here
Jan 26, 2011 10:49 AM

Jul 2010
WAAAAAAAAAA!!!!There just too many mechs and techies coming out that I'm losing track of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeo
Apr 2, 2011 11:20 AM

Nov 2009
I miss Ingram... Viletta is OK, but I still wish he came back.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 10, 2011 10:36 AM

Sep 2009
The transformation was boring.
The battle itself was cool.
I wish it had been a little more intense though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 3 Discussion

garfield15 - Oct 17, 2010

31 by zurgboy00 »»
Aug 4, 2017 10:14 AM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 26 Discussion

slax - Apr 1, 2011

19 by Zankantou »»
Oct 20, 2016 9:32 PM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 9 Discussion

slax - Nov 26, 2010

17 by LoongFeels »»
Apr 8, 2014 12:03 AM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 8 Discussion

slax - Nov 19, 2010

23 by LoongFeels »»
Apr 7, 2014 8:28 AM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 7 Discussion

slax - Nov 12, 2010

11 by LoongFeels »»
Apr 7, 2014 7:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.