Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 22, 2011 1:58 AM

Jul 2010
Oosran said:
Iilia said:
Maybe they should remove all hints so we can't figure it out at all.
But isn't that kind of how it's meant to be? I mean, it's no fun if Victorique went and solved everything without even giving us a chance.
Sure, they could cut down on the amount of clues we get, but it should still be solvable with the clues that we do get.
Or am I completely dishonouring the mystery genre with my ideas?
No, it's just that the mystery genre never tends to be much of a mystery. Given, this show is a lot easier than others I've seen such as Ghost Hunt and Shinrei Tantei Yakumo, but they were all pretty easy. Less clues, or at least ridiculously easy clues, would be fine as well. Anything that adds to MYSTERY. It doesn't feel like a mystery to me if it's just that simple to figure it out. Even so, I'm enjoying this show a lot more than the other two I mentioned.
Also, murder mysteries like Poirot are constantly on my family's TV, so maybe it's just that I know what to expect.

DoubleDango said:
Iilia said:
So Kujo isn't that weak after all. I think Ichika seriously needs to take notes from this guy.

Please don't bring that jelly Ichika into this, this lead is much, much better.
Lol, which is why Ichika needs to take notes. XD
Jan 22, 2011 2:20 AM
Jun 2008
I am not sure is it obvious or not,but the first reason why I drop the LN around vol2 is because of some very prejudice mystery solving....example like rich girl shouldn't walk in small range while thinking or there is a few more in the later arc.... -.-" mystery like this really kill the mood while reading imo.Other than that,the pulse touching to confirm death is a bit unnatural, shouldn't normally people check the neck for pulse and not the hand since the pulse in the hand is very weak.Other than that,most of the mystery solving is like Conan level so its really nothing much to complaint about.Well,at least the main mystery about the Prediction on World war is interesting.

It is indeed that in Anime that Victoria alone can motivate me to continue watch this Anime till the end.
Jan 22, 2011 3:23 AM

Nov 2008
You got to like that girl.

This show is like Detective Conan, but with better writing and more charismatic characters.

Onward mystery buffs, towards the next great caper.
Jan 22, 2011 3:26 AM

May 2010
Victorique all the way xP

~Nyaaa~

Jan 22, 2011 5:32 AM

Aug 2010
Nice episode ^^

Jan 22, 2011 6:35 AM
Jul 2018
I liked this episode! Can't wait for more!!! :D
Jan 22, 2011 7:14 AM

May 2010
As for the episode, I really liked mystery part there.
The linking of the World War 1 to this really surprised me.
Yeah, the culprit was obvious but the story was well wrapped-up.
And we got Victorique's backstory. She got more interesting from there.
Good ep. :)
Jan 22, 2011 7:45 AM

Dec 2009
This show is starting to come together. Interesting characters, some intriguing backstories and mysteries. Nice.
Ara ara.
Jan 22, 2011 7:50 AM

Sep 2008
OMG, that was an awesome starting arc. Wasn't expecting both the maid and Julie are the hares 10 years ago and wanna take revenge on that incident until the story was revealed!!

Next Arc: From manga chapter 1!!
ShoutaAzumaJan 22, 2011 7:54 AM
Jan 22, 2011 8:00 AM

Nov 2008
'This!' or 'that!' and even 'QFT!' posts have been deleted.
Also, people need to learn how to edit posts.
Jan 22, 2011 8:06 AM

Jun 2009
Yep. I was correct. I called the woman as the culprit in the last episode discussion and it was spot on.
However anyone would have figured that out if you just watch closely. You got to know how to work mysteries in order to fool the viewer. Red herrings are excellent for that. That's how the genius Ryukishi does it. He makes you think you know the criminal and then shows you just how wrong you are.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jan 22, 2011 8:54 AM
Jun 2008
AidanAK47 said:
Yep. I was correct. I called the woman as the culprit in the last episode discussion and it was spot on.
so the guy who died with an axe on his back fallen into the sea is not a culprit? or maybe the whole bunch of rich looking guy who planned all this thing is not a culprit? or maybe the ugly grandma who make stupid prediction and cause the chaos of the maid's hometown is not a culprit?

actually this arch is a bit vague.Since there are several culprit ....or maybe the culprit should be alive and thrown into the jail, then only he/she can be officially called as THE real culprit.Each people has his/her own view on how to determine the real culprit ,so I won't put further detail on this.

Like the series Yakumo(the anime adaption very suck), I remember that there is one arc he point out more than 4 culprit in one cases at the same time and its not like all these culprit is cooperative criminal.Each Criminal commit the crime in his own way and some of them don't even recognize who is the culprit he is working to.Each of them forcefully meet together in front of Yakumo and he will complete the final crime .the story and the crime case is damn long and the Anime doesn't want to adapt faithfully to it... ><
MorningGloryJan 22, 2011 3:31 PM
Jan 22, 2011 9:25 AM

Feb 2010
Kujou at least he is not complete useless and Victorique is the half sister of this good for nothing detective olol.
Jan 22, 2011 9:58 AM

Jan 2010
MorningGlory said:
I am not sure is it obvious or not,but the first reason why I drop the LN around vol2 is because of some very prejudice mystery solving....example like rich girl shouldn't walk in small range while thinking or there is a few more in the later arc.... -.-" mystery like this really kill the mood while reading imo.Other than that,the pulse touching to confirm death is a bit unnatural, shouldn't normally people check the neck for pulse and not the hand since the pulse in the hand is very weak.Other than that,most of the mystery solving is like Conan level so its really nothing much to complaint about.Well,at least the main mystery about the Prediction on World war is interesting.

It is indeed that in Anime that Victoria alone can motivate me to continue watch this Anime till the end.

I agree about the pulse-checking. And he checked with his thumb which is never advisable since his own pulse would mask Ned's. This was the only real blemish for me.

But I don't get all the griping about the mystery. Actually, all of the boat characters were complicit in a crime. So claiming that you knew the answer when Julie checked the door doesn't mean anything. Get over it.

I think this was a great close to a great arc. I can't wait for next week.
Jan 22, 2011 10:20 AM

Jul 2010
MorningGlory said:
the pulse touching to confirm death is a bit unnatural, shouldn't normally people check the neck for pulse and not the hand since the pulse in the hand is very weak.

are you not watching?, Kujo is about to CHECK THE NECK FOR THE PULSE AFTER FINDING NO PULSE IN THE WRIST but Victorica stopped him even to the point she have to say she's scared (well she really is scared) because she already knew at that time that Ned is alive and what would have happened if they found out that his alive by then, they will be killed w/o even giving Ned a fight, that's why Victorica is so flustered at that time but she used her mind instead to used the moment as opportunity for them to hide and arm themselves.

and i agree w/ Mockman

so what if you've already found out that Julie is a culprit? as if the arc centers on her she's just a part of the big mystery which i doubt anyone of here has managed to foreseen. and to those saying the mystery was elementary, you could spout it to my face if you managed to put the pieces together by yourself and completely closed the WHOLE case up to its relation to World War 1. ^^

edit: Learn to edit your previous posts..
desolatoJan 23, 2011 4:56 AM
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Jan 22, 2011 11:01 AM

Feb 2009
Good episode. The mystery was simple but we're just starting I guess.
Kujo putting up a fight was admirable.
Victorique and Grevil being related didn't surprise me, seeing as MAL already spoiled it for me(both their last names are listed at the characters list before this episode aired. Also, blond).
I still don't see much of a plot other than mysteries handed down to them and them solving it. Or is that how this goes?
Still not at the top of my list this Winter but it's not at rock bottom.
Speaking of which, I'm gonna go watch that anime right now.
Jan 22, 2011 11:22 AM

Jun 2009
Interesting episode. Too bad Julie and Lee will be punished. Sure, they killed people, but that was done for them was just horrible! They had right to want revenge.>.>
Kujo is really awesome guy. ^^ I love how he did everything he could to protect Victorique. :) So she's actually illegitimate child and half sister of that detective... He seriously needs to stop pretending to be detective.

AidanAK47 said:
However anyone would have figured that out if you just watch closely. You got to know how to work mysteries in order to fool the viewer. Red herrings are excellent for that. That's how the genius Ryukishi does it. He makes you think you know the criminal and then shows you just how wrong you are.

I agree. That's why I love Higurashi so much. ^^
Jan 22, 2011 11:57 AM

Dec 2009
No lame protagonists ? Definitely something new compared to the previous season.
Also, the scene with the two friends finally getting to see each other at the end was cute.
Jan 22, 2011 12:06 PM

Oct 2010
best ep for now, a lot of action and that end was also pretty emotional. Woah didnt expect this to be soo good.
Jan 22, 2011 12:23 PM

Aug 2008
Didn't know Victorique was related to that detective with the weird hairdo. They look nothing alike.
Jan 22, 2011 2:35 PM

Nov 2010
victorique is the BEST TSUNDERE EVER!!!!! o.O she's also crafty with that whole "fake-fall-asleep-on-your-shoulder" trick xD. But yea seriously, she's cute, smart, straighforward(cept for tsundere moments). She's a great character! Also, Kujo gets my respect for being a male lead that isn't totally useless or annoying :P
Jan 22, 2011 2:51 PM

Oct 2009
One mystery over already xD

Victoria was pretending she was sleeping...
Jan 22, 2011 3:01 PM
Jun 2008
AmberFebruary said:

are you not watching?, Kujo is about to CHECK THE NECK FOR THE PULSE AFTER FINDING NO PULSE IN THE WRIST but .....
they didn't check also in the past...
Jan 22, 2011 3:43 PM

Aug 2010
Wow kujo is such a BAMF with those brass knuckles.

Wow , I never even thought of a conclusion like that. Love it when a good mystery is solved.

Oh and loved the ED as always. Great song.
billngJan 22, 2011 3:55 PM
Jan 22, 2011 4:14 PM

Sep 2010
Now I just lost all respect for this show. Apart from having a retarded plot and predictable mystery this show just insults Doyle's characters and as if this wasn't already bad enough they actually used real photos of the war? Talk about bad taste...

Using real footage like that only works in shows that are meant to be taken seriously. They have no place in a otaku-pandering loli-anime pretending to be a detective story.

Oh, I liked the twist with the maid...
Jan 22, 2011 4:49 PM

Dec 2007
Aren't mysteries supposed to make sense?

Here are my problems with this episode:

1)The way that Julie went about getting revenge. Why the hell would she do that? How is that in any form revenge? Why were none of the military dudes/world-leaders there? That's who she needed to take revenge on.

2)If that was truly her way of getting "revenge", why didn't she go ahead and shoot everyone when she had the chance? Shooting only the crazy old dude was pretty lame after it was revealed that she was the culprit.

3)The poleaxe. Why use that? Get a frickin gun you moron.

4)The hares that were said to survive were "France, Italy, America, and Saubure". There is no mention of the maid's nationality (I think it was Arabic? I can't remember). How frickin stupid is that? And let me tell you, there isn't a French/Italian/American that looks like the maid did. What a stupid error.
Jan 22, 2011 6:22 PM
Oct 2009
This episode really reminded me of the Titanic or something! XD
Jan 22, 2011 6:37 PM
Jun 2008
Meddigo said:
A

1)The way that Julie went about getting revenge. Why the hell would she do that? How is that in any form revenge? Why were none of the military dudes/world-leaders there? That's who she needed to take revenge on.
the war is over,I don't think it is wise even for a mere police and a pipe sucking gothic loli should bring them in to start such a dangerous politic discussion that might cause war word again. Justice is not always important, human life is.

In the boat back 20 year ago,Julie and the other kids forcefully put into a box and they are hunt like a rabbit.Of course during the hardship ,Julie met some friend there and they just die without any proper explanation.After 20 years of waiting,Julie finnaly get the chance to meet the hunter.

the maid is arab .....they mentioned the maid's nationality in the first episode.If I am not mistaken,Arabic language belong to Arab .
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_were_the_arab_nations_involved_in_World_War_1
Arab did join the world war but instead they lose their own land .....I am not very good in history ,so I just take notes from the light novel.
Jan 22, 2011 8:47 PM

Jul 2010
Lee is not included in the count cause she's wounded. the 4 hares + the hunting dog composed the winning countries.
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Jan 22, 2011 9:05 PM

Jun 2009
Hoppy said:
Grevil is absolutely annoying, I'm starting to hate him everytime I see him, stop taking the credit for this case and give it to Kujo and/or Victorique (they deserve it).

I imagine that Grevil cannot announce that he has a sister from the mistress of his father. But yea excessive to the point that he imagines that she is not there...
Jan 22, 2011 9:29 PM

Nov 2008
ShoutaAzuma said:

Next Arc: From manga chapter 1!!

Which is from novel volume 1 the anime is also transfering her in as if shes new.. she was there from the start (told him the Queen Berry story) .. saw no reason to change that-
Jan 22, 2011 11:26 PM

Mar 2009
"Hey ! Did you die? Did you die of boredom?" xD

Superb episode. Victorique is still so so so cute ^.^
Jan 22, 2011 11:38 PM

Dec 2010
That was a cool episode, the whole prediction of the 4 countries and the culprit. That crazy hair guy NEEDS to stop getting all the credit!
Jan 23, 2011 12:46 AM

Sep 2009
This episode raised my interest in this series even higher. I liked the nice conclusive ending to this arc.
Jan 23, 2011 1:03 AM

Nov 2008
Oosran said:
Good thing Kujo can handle himself in melee combat :> I very much approve.

Well what did you expect from a soldier's kid? the flashbacks suggests that he went through harsh training, so obviously he won't be bad in the field of combat.

DenjaX said:
PS: I envy at Kujou, I want Victorique to hold my hand too xDD It's so small and sleeping on me would always be welcome xDD

Just don't do anything I would do...

Well anyways, at least I was right about the actor being the "real killer" as in "hunter dog". It was even more obvious when his body was in that position. But something about the way he died looked suspicious. It seemed like he intentionally jumped off. Maybe it hints that we will see more of him.

Jan 23, 2011 2:34 AM

Feb 2008
Eh, I found the conclusion fairly disappointing.

Still a good episode. Hopefully they can throw in some crazy Umineko-level shit eventually.
Jan 23, 2011 5:31 AM

Jan 2010
so actually Kujo knows how to punch!!
i felt nothing from the conclusion..i was expecting to be like "WOW! so it was like that huh!" but no.... :(
Jan 23, 2011 6:15 AM

Feb 2010
Veronin said:
Eh, I found the conclusion fairly disappointing.

Still a good episode. Hopefully they can throw in some crazy Umineko-level shit eventually.

as long as they solve the mysteries in the same anime season...
Jan 23, 2011 6:52 AM

Jun 2009
MorningGlory said:
AidanAK47 said:
so the guy who died with an axe on his back fallen into the sea is not a culprit? or maybe the whole bunch of rich looking guy who planned all this thing is not a culprit? or maybe the ugly grandma who make stupid prediction and cause the chaos of the maid's hometown is not a culprit?

The culprit as in the one responsible for the events on this boat. She was the one who set up everything. The rest of the people you mentioned gave her a motive but did not set up anything that happened on this boat. They were involved in the boat 10 years ago.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jan 23, 2011 7:57 AM
Jun 2008
AidanAK47 said:
The culprit as in the one responsible for the events on this boat. She was the one who set up everything. The rest of the people you mentioned gave her a motive but did not set up anything that happened on this boat. They were involved in the boat 10 years ago.
well, I guess 10 years crime outdated and should be forgiven anyway,but still I believe if victorique didn't solve the mystery in the boat, Kujo would have been killed by that hunter.crime solving can save people lol

I don't mind if that thorny-hair guy get Julie's crime and put in on the news paper under his name,let him take all the credit , because Victorique will be even more sad and regret if he the cases is put under Victorique 's name. I know that thick head Kujo feeling dissatisfaction when that thorny guy take all the glory but I believe deep inside the heart of Victorque,I bet she feel a bit more relieve from his brother's act.^^
desolatoJan 23, 2011 1:17 PM
Jan 23, 2011 9:47 AM

Jun 2009
Win.

Good to see Kujo actually doing something, he's like improved in my eyes.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 23, 2011 11:44 AM

Aug 2007
Scince episode 2 I knew that the woman was the guilty, it was so obvious.
Jan 23, 2011 12:39 PM

Apr 2010
Okay this is certainly one of the 2 best animes in this "anime season"

One being:
FRACTALE

The other being:
GOSICK

Definitely, or at least in my opinion.
Jan 23, 2011 3:04 PM

Sep 2009
oh wow...so that girl was the culprit after all, just like everybody in the previous ep thread said

and the ep needed some more Victorique moe face expressions T_T
Jan 23, 2011 7:22 PM

Jun 2009
Inarius said:
oh wow...so that girl was the culprit after all, just like everybody in the previous ep thread said

Well, that was pretty obvious from halfway through the 2nd episode though I must admit, I didn't know that last guy was responsible for the other killings and from 10 years before, and another I didn't see coming connection between the maid and the main culprit.

As for the episode. It was great to finally know the connection of that maid, the invitation and that fortune teller to the whole incident in Queen berry since it's bugging me when I was watching this episode.

On Kujo. Well since he can fight, he's okay in my books though he can be annoying sometimes.
Jan 23, 2011 7:30 PM

Feb 2010
Liked the episode. I really didn't like the first arc, the story didn't do much for me. I do like the relationship building between Kujo and Victorique. I am guessing it gets a lot better from here on out.
Jan 24, 2011 1:12 AM

May 2008
The culprit thing was also pretty obvious if you've read the novel. Not trying to be an elitist bastard or anything, but yeah. Just sayin'.

ANYWAY.

Victorique was adorable as usual. Best heroine of this season.
Jan 24, 2011 9:18 AM

Nov 2009
I was more just enlightened after knowing the reason why that indecent happened 10 years ago that who the culprit is. They just killed more than half of the people very quickly. Leaving only the culprits behind.

Any ways Victorique is my favorite kind on tsundre.
Jan 24, 2011 10:19 AM

Mar 2010
Me don't get the France American and England part. so was the war's outcome was controlled by the leaders of the countries or did that witch Roxanne predicted it through some magic? i prefer the latter as this show will be messed up if there is magic involve, no longer the pure mystery with logical explanations.
Geso
-----:D
Jan 24, 2011 10:43 AM

Jul 2010
dewert said:
Me don't get the France American and England part. so was the war's outcome was controlled by the leaders of the countries or did that witch Roxanne predicted it through some magic? i prefer the latter as this show will be messed up if there is magic involve, no longer the pure mystery with logical explanations.

it's not magic, it's an occult country that's why supernatural things like that are kind or normal and they used the fortune telling as sort of outline to what their actions will be for the war and coincidentally the outcome of the war is the same w/ the outcome of the fortune teller's ritual.

maybe watch the episode again and listen carefully to what they say because it really is simple to understand.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

518 by BlueishDesert »»
Apr 18, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.