Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2011 1:47 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Can you say owned? Kaiba had it coming. How many wake up calls does one guy need?
Mar 31, 2014 4:43 PM

Oct 2012
One of the most epic duels so far. Kaiba always does the same mistake, why fusion his dragons, if he could just attack with all three and win instantly? XD As expected we see Yugi vs. Marik soon, totally looking forward to it :-)
So Yugi gets Obelisk now, right!?
Mar 31, 2014 11:04 PM

Jul 2008
Marloges said:
One of the most epic duels so far. Kaiba always does the same mistake, why fusion his dragons, if he could just attack with all three and win instantly? XD As expected we see Yugi vs. Marik soon, totally looking forward to it :-)
So Yugi gets Obelisk now, right!?

Yep, 2 gods vs 1.
Jul 6, 2014 7:27 PM

Sep 2011
Epic duel, I hope Kaiba loses a bit of his arrogance.

It was a long duel (a total of 6 episodes), but it was excellent, the most exciting duel so far. And now Yugi have 2 gods. I can't wait to see Yugi vs. Marik, but first Joey vs Kaiba. It would be funny if Joey won the duel.
ViniSDJul 6, 2014 11:57 PM
Jul 15, 2015 4:13 AM

Jun 2012
I believe this is the best duel in the whole show. The only one that may be better is the last one. I cant remember the last one too well tho but im looking forward to it.
Feb 12, 2016 4:36 PM
Dec 2014
Yugi say "His blue eye dragon is unstoppable " then a few seconds after he stop it.
Never seen as stupid dialogues as Yu☆Gi☆Oh! in any other animes
Aug 29, 2019 11:54 PM

Dec 2011
…I didn’t even think we’d get to see Red Eyes, I was so sure that was being saved for Marik lol

If only Kaiba really would be healed by losing to Yugi. I understand why we needed Noah to get here; to see why it’s the anger that drives him. Instead of focusing on the good, he focuses on the bad. Yeah he went through hard times, but that’s why his bond with Mokuba is strong. It’s destructive that he doesn’t see it, but at least his little bro does. Yugi trying to make him realize how the past is important completely falls on deaf ears, but I’m curious how he eventually thinks about it?

Especially in relation to Kaiba - it’s something how the duel related the past with both the ancient one and the orphanage/his stepdad’s abuse. What each character represents contributed a lot to how epic the duel finished off imo. And how they ended it without focusing on the god cards, but their cards.

And I just realized… him being the president of Kaiba corp, you could say he literally built a new dynasty by overthrowing his stepdad. A dynasty built on anger - so now I wonder what Yami’s is built on. We don’t know since he’s still getting his memories back, but that’s gonna be fun to figure out.

wow I didn’t think I’d be rambling this much over a show about a card game
Sep 15, 2019 4:31 PM

Nov 2016
Was pretty good and I loved that they fought it out without the God cards in the end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 21, 2020 7:47 PM

Oct 2016
Jounouchi's loss against Malik is complete BS. It should've been a technical victory for me, since Gearfried was going to annihilate the last of Malik's LP, with the cheater unable to do anything about it. If anything, Malik should've been disqualified for trapping people in Yami no Games and his Winged Dragon of Ra be given to Jounouchi.
Mar 21, 2020 2:47 PM

Nov 2017
Jonouchi's awake! Thanks goodness. And you know he's feeling better when he's making those creepy faces, lol.

It's like, I can understand and empathize with Kaiba's way of thinking concerning the future. There was a point I felt that was the only facet of my life that mattered.

But Yuugi is right. Without your past and present, there can be no future! They're all interconnected.

Yuugi won (duh)! Gotdamn, this was a great duel! Seriously, props to the animators and writers for this! It's thanks to them they were really able to bring the intensity of this duel to life!
Apr 29, 2021 9:28 PM

Apr 2020
Jounouchi's funny face has enlightened my day again

Kaiba's huge development - confirmed will happen

YOOOOOO!!!!Blue Eyes Ultimate and Black Paladin!!
These two being summoned became my favorite part of this duel!
Oct 5, 2021 11:11 PM

Aug 2019
I remember not liking this whole duel in general back when I first watched it since it took 6 whole episodes and the ending was predictable. However, I like it a bit more now.

Although it was weird how a) Kaiba was legit shook that Yugi predicted that he'd play BEUD despite it being one of Kaiba's most predictable strategies and b) that Yugi claimed BEUD was the strongest monster in the game despite Five-Headed Dragon and Dragon Master Knight - 2 monsters Yugi had seen before - having more ATK points.
Dec 29, 2021 7:48 PM

Jan 2020
You picked the wrong opponent, Seto...1 god card is not enough to beat the power of friendship....even with 2 your chance to win is still not 100%....
Apr 20, 2022 1:59 PM

Nov 2010
Nice duel!

Anyway, your hand only has endless possibilities if you're a protag in a fantasy world where you get all the cards you need. In real life, if your RNG is slightly worse, you lose.
Oct 15, 2022 9:14 PM

May 2012
small44 said:
Yugi say "His blue eye dragon is unstoppable " then a few seconds after he stop it.
Never seen as stupid dialogues as Yu☆Gi☆Oh! in any other animes

Don't remember this monologue from the Japanese, though I may have forgotten it. It seems 4kids did a terrible job turning this show into English.
Oct 8, 2023 2:56 PM

Apr 2023
JIQEOJRQHJIQRHJIHQR Kaiba laga luga çekiyodu en sonunda başını aldı

More topics from this board

» Favorite "Duel Monsters" saga? And why?

Matthappy - Mar 26

16 by Matthappy »»
Apr 6, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 32 Discussion

Frezlaj - Jan 31, 2014

13 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 29 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

7 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 27 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

10 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 24 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 20, 2010

19 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 2:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.