Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 17, 2011 10:36 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Rose went off with the Black Dragon without putting up a fight.

She is also shown to be imprinting which explains her extreme affection for Ryuuji, it's so cute and it was explained in Ryuuji's past since he witnessed her hatching from an egg while in the mountains and he was the first thing she has seen.

The next episode Ryuuji is going to rescue her.

Jan 17, 2011 11:34 AM

Dec 2007
bleh. I thought Rose gonna fight against Brack Dragon ._.
Jan 17, 2011 11:43 AM

Nov 2008
Kanade-chan said:

Same here but there's always next episode.

Jan 17, 2011 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
Not as good as last episode, but I still loved it. I do enjoy this series one of the most this season despite it's plot not being up to scratch.

Loved Rose as I expected, seems she could always talk(?)
Anyways, looking forward to seeing more dragons and more plot. I wonder how the school girl that seems to like Ryuji will come into play in future.
Jan 17, 2011 1:11 PM

Apr 2009
Heh Ryuuji was lame in this ep he didn't try to fight back and he is supposed to be lvl 10 breaker(whatever this is ) and he have no power at all?! I'm starting to hate all those meek male I hope he goes GAR in next ep :)
Jan 17, 2011 1:21 PM

Sep 2007
How wonderful, the plot actually moves along. However, there are a lot of questions this show brings up, including these 'breakers' and 'Society' and 'Fang'. I just hope they will answer them all.
Jan 17, 2011 1:21 PM

Sep 2009
Ruji's 10th level probably worth smth but he still don't want to fight because of some psychological issues. Hope he'll change his mind soon.
Jan 17, 2011 1:24 PM

Aug 2010
i feel bad for Rose, and Ryuji is supposed to be a level ten breaker!! It must mean theres only 7 of them. I expected him to at least put up a fight, geez he went down so fast.

Rose can actually talk now, i thought she was gonna be like Ryuji Ryuji Ryuji throughout the whole anime, Im so glad she isnt. Shes so KAWAII

Jan 17, 2011 1:29 PM

Oct 2010
already best op this season imo.but ep was ok, waited for ryuji to do something but ok. 1 ep was kinda better though.
Jan 17, 2011 1:30 PM

Aug 2010
Not as good as e1 but still good. Looking forward for next week.
Jan 17, 2011 1:32 PM

Feb 2010
Cheesy, bad episode, I hope this gets better again...
Jan 17, 2011 1:33 PM

Oct 2010
wow he was pretty damn pathetic...but well see if he's gonna do something next episode....
I'll never say "I understand what you're going through"
Jan 17, 2011 1:34 PM

Dec 2009
Great Animation of the black dragon going wild.
I still want to see Ai in this anime, I really like her appearance judging from the opening ^^
yuno6.jpg
Jan 17, 2011 2:21 PM

Mar 2010
I thought the whole "Princess gets captured by badguy" thing usually happened in the middle of series.. not in the beginning. I thought it was kinda dumb.
Jan 17, 2011 2:31 PM
Jun 2010
unorfind said:
Heh Ryuuji was lame in this ep he didn't try to fight back and he is supposed to be lvl 10 breaker(whatever this is ) and he have no power at all?! I'm starting to hate all those meek male I hope he goes GAR in next ep :)

yeah, i feel exactly the same.

what is a breaker, and why is ryuuji so pathectic?

hes 1 of only 7 breakers in the world, but so far he cant do anything.

the lack of informtion on a breaker sucks so bad.

poor rose, and ryuuji was such a baka for being a tool to her.

he obviously lonely, but didnt want to admit to it........... another stupid lead role, i just hope he grows a pair soon.
Jan 17, 2011 2:34 PM

Jan 2010
I can't help but think that Ryuji reminds me of Shinji a little.....just saying.

Either way, this series is proving to be interesting. Also, was the seiyū for Onyx Kamiya, Hiroshi?
Jan 17, 2011 2:48 PM

May 2009
I want to like this series more than I actually do right now. So far, very average. There's potential, so I hope it gets a lot better. Let's meet some other level 10 breakers and see what someone of that caliber can actually do.
Jan 17, 2011 2:49 PM

Jan 2009
Daidragon1990 said:
I can't help but think that Ryuji reminds me of Shinji a little.....just saying.
Pretty much what I was thinking.
Though he's displaying these terrible traits much earlier.
Oh well.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 17, 2011 2:56 PM

Apr 2010
Hoppy said:
Kanade-chan said:

Same here but there's always next episode.
Seemed to me that he was a adult dragon and Rose realized fighting him would have been meaningless.
Tho i agree it kind of sucks and i don't like the direction this is going.

Ryuji's mother doesn't seem to be a very good mother based on her short phone call and his reaction.
I am wondering how she looks tho.
Guess it will have to wait for next week.

The bad guy seems to be a narcissist with lolicon intentions who doesn't like hurting woman, in other words he doesn't have any points of interest which is a bit disappointing.
Jan 17, 2011 3:02 PM

Oct 2008
Lol Onyx reminds me of Otonashi and Orihara Izaya whenever he talks cuz of his seiyuu.

Jan 17, 2011 3:10 PM
Dec 2007
Excellent episode once again, well-animated, with nice developments and really entertaining. Cool stuff.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 17, 2011 5:01 PM

Feb 2008
Didn't try to protect her?

He actually did tried but didn't have any power!!

Relic Handler!! You can see in the picture he is holding up a weapon.
But feel like he don't have made a contractor or something like that to be able to use his power.
I dunno too short information of that.

Not really nice to call him pathetic!

Oh yeah I know it's fun to see battle, well to be honest I was quite disappointed on this episode.

Slowpace anime for being just 12 episodes.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 17, 2011 5:02 PM

Jan 2011
The OP is so addicting. -__- I thought it was a nice episode and I like the way they're setting up the characters and moving the plot along, I'm still curious about the other characters in the OP that haven't been introduced yet.
Jan 17, 2011 5:09 PM

Nov 2008
lol IDIOTS wont really get the whole point:

1. People who think that he is pathetic is because of his psychological issues. He already stated that he doesn't want to get involved with lost precious or something beyond that because of his reactions with his mother. He became hesitant by judging with his actions. I know he is level 10 breaker (one of the 7 level 10s) which I think it means he has powers or whatever it is to stand against the black dragon. With this kind of route, Ryuji will definitely change his mind and will save Rose.

2. It is obvious that Rose didn't fight with the black dragon. Remember that the professor said she is a whelp and obviously the dude is an adult because of his wings. There's no way Rose could take him down that's why she surrendered and followed him in order to save Ryuji and the gang. Rose chose the right choice even though its against her will with all those tears. Poor Rose :(

I hope this helps. Can't wait for the next episode

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 17, 2011 5:18 PM

Sep 2010
Male lead is whiny, had a oh so terrible childhood, is indecisive as hell, is good natured, has some hidden powers and can’t deal with girls…seriously, couldn’t the creator made him any more generic?
At least Kugimiya finally got a role again, that is not totally annoying…still an otaku-pandering character…

DenjaX said:

1. People who think that he is pathetic is because of his psychological issues. He already stated that he doesn't want to get involved with lost precious or something beyond that because of his reactions with his mother. He became hesitant by judging with his actions. I know he is level 10 breaker (one of the 7 level 10s) which I think it means he has powers or whatever it is to stand against the black dragon. With this kind of route, Ryuji will definitely change his mind and will save Rose.

This is the very reason people complain. This sounds so terribly cliched...
Jan 17, 2011 5:51 PM

Nov 2008
mljato said:
DenjaX said:

This is the very reason people complain. This sounds so terribly cliched...
LOL you're right. There's also a thing that I feel that black dragon would become an ally after their battle xDD maybe im wrong but yeah cliche indeed but I don't really care. My point is they should try to understand their situation. It may be cliche but it reflects life. Perhaps I would be the one complaining if Ryuuji suddenly became GAR and beat the black dragon's ass in the laboratory since that is realistically impossible unless he has reasons. Just give him time to reflect lolol "He is still growing" xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 17, 2011 6:29 PM

Dec 2008
Poor Rose...
Onyx is HOT and quite the master of badassery.
Jan 17, 2011 6:34 PM

Oct 2010
This remains me so much of eva(shinji)... being able to do/use something great/strong (leave 10 should mean something =S) but not willing to use it out of his own will.
This is looking great so far can't wait for next week ^^
I though he was going to do something awesome before she leaves, but apparently he didn't have the right tools to help her atm. He does states that he is "not an insect" so I hope next episode he starts kicking some ass.
huh?
Jan 17, 2011 7:16 PM

Jan 2008
TMultimate said:
Lol Onyx reminds me of Otonashi and Orihara Izaya whenever he talks cuz of his seiyuu.

Just wanted to point that out :D Even though his strength is more Shizuoish :D
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Jan 17, 2011 7:18 PM

Sep 2008
I kept waiting for him to show us what a level 10 breaker can do, but nothing. Made sense though. I'm pretty sure Breakers specialize in the use of relics. I just makes sense considering that they're somehow connected to this organization geared towards the gathering and studying of relics. Basically he was unarmed.

Seriously though. This episode was so sad :( not at all what I was expecting after last week.
Jan 17, 2011 7:29 PM
Sep 2010
why is the hand of ryuuji glowing blue in the OP? Is he a dragon?
Jan 17, 2011 8:10 PM

Jan 2009
BloodyFerrum said:
who is holding hands with rose in the op? is he ryuuji? if he is ryuuji. why is the hand of ryuuji glowing blue in the OP? is he a dragon?

thats most likely the so called imprinting, she will probably be doing. didnt look like dragon scales. lol.
episode was somewhat cliche, but atleast its developing quicker then most.
Jan 17, 2011 8:12 PM

Oct 2010
Despite Rose being cute and talking more, which right away was cute and so Rie, there are 3 things I hated in this episode in regards to Rose. For one Rose being treated like some research subject is never a like to me in any animes I have seen. The way Onyx treated Rose was horrible, a forced marriage because of a necklace? Really? How low of Onyx not to consider Rose's current feelings for Ryuji. The worst last thing is seeing Ryuji make Rose cry because of his stupid ass lame complex of loneliness due to not getting enough attention from his parents. That is lame and weak for a main character. Poor Rose

Other than that, I liked how Ryuji met Rose for the first time and how it is shown. The explanation of dragon being protected by barriers. Imprinting is interesting too in how to obtain a dragon's powers. Looks like Etou not only has a shy complex of talking to guys but a jealous complex of Rose from how she acted in class. That bitch of Onyx Kai looks rather nasty and cold like. However, that blade she used looked nice. Which brings me to Onyx being way too powerful. He can put to sleep people with hist mist, created tornadoes to lift things up and melt things like acid? WTF power. I hope Rose gets rescued nicely and next episode might also be Ryuji's contract forming with Rose. Also WTF are breakers? Only 7 level 10s in the world? Interesting.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 17, 2011 8:13 PM

Nov 2008
Eva With Dragons? - They better stop that with the next episode, or two or ill have to drop it. I like Rose and Eriko .. Ryuji was alright in the first episode.. He came across as a .. well person who is rather unlikeable and useless. so ya Eva-Shinji we just need him to cry >.>

So im hoping for a turn around. im Sure a level 10 could actually put up a fight its just he A holds backs on purpose, and by the time he even wants to try to do anything hes been sort of owned, and Rose has to save his pathetic ass.

But I like everyone else expected to see at least some fighting back.. the Grunts fought harder than the progtagonist.. that usually isnt a good sign. for the episode to be great. And this is only a 12 episoder so.. they best turn it around in 3 and get to more plot by 4
Jan 17, 2011 8:22 PM

Oct 2010
DenjaX said:
As much as I agree with you all, I think it will be more emotional and amazing that Ryuji realizes his powers trough his emotions towards Rose. he need to wake the fuck up and realize Rose is more than just some relic. She is something alive that want his affection, whether he marries her or does some ecchi does not matter now IMO or what he thinks, he needs to realize who Rose is really for him.
Gangler said:
I kept waiting for him to show us what a level 10 breaker can do, but nothing. Made sense though. I'm pretty sure Breakers specialize in the use of relics. I just makes sense considering that they're somehow connected to this organization geared towards the gathering and studying of relics. Basically he was unarmed.Seriously though. This episode was so sad :( not at all what I was expecting after last week.
Yes my friend this episode was sad indeed. Regardless I think his holding his powers might be due to his past with his parents leaving him and thinking their work is more important than their show. A classical situation but the approach in this anime in regards to Rose x Ryuji and his problem will be resolved by her is what I want to see.

Jan 17, 2011 8:32 PM

Sep 2010
I liked the episode, but I wanted Rose to fuck Black Dragon up. x)

When she grabbed his hand, I was waiting for her to blast his arm off.

5/5 <3
Jan 17, 2011 8:38 PM

Jan 2009
NoVaGamester said:

When she grabbed his hand, I was waiting for her to blast his arm off.

too bad she didnt, lol.
Jan 17, 2011 8:41 PM

Jun 2008
BIATCH!!!! How dare they make Rose cry?!?!?! >: (

Eurgh Ryuuji is so mean and indecisive, doesn't make for a good main lead as of so. Lets hope he DOES do something with that power of his. Poor poor rose : O Onyx may be hot but he's one of the worst.

The music is awesome : D

Jan 17, 2011 8:53 PM

Sep 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
The way Onyx treated Rose was horrible, a forced marriage because of a necklace? Really?
This part sounds a bit confused to me. I don't think she's being forced to marry because she has the necklace. I think she has the necklace because they have been arranged to marry each other. Basically a dragon engagement ring. The rest is all spot on.

I'd argue though that onyx is OP because he's... well, a dragon. That's just how dragons are. The most powerful of earths warriors band together to slay a dragon, and likely only manage to die an painful death if they even manage to wake the guy up. Their dying thoughts are the realization of the mistaken arrogance that led them to this situation.

Honestly, if all he'd had was some minor flame manipulation that would have disappointed me. It'd be like if they had a God type character who's only notable power was walking on water. It'd be a degradation to the point that the name is no longer appropriate. Rose hasn't even grown her wings yet and she can roast a city block. I think this speaks volumes about dragons as a race within this setting.
Jan 17, 2011 9:02 PM

Aug 2010
Aversa said:

The bad guy seems to be a narcissist with lolicon intentions who doesn't like hurting woman, in other words he doesn't have any points of interest which is a bit disappointing.

Seriously. Protagonist is just as bad.

Rose is full of d'awwwww but Ryuuji was just a whiny bitch. Boohoo your parents suck. Welcome to 80% of the world. At least you have a fucking (ADAWWWABLE) dragon that is completely infatuated with you. Stop crying and look down. Is that a vagina? No? Then man up.
Jan 17, 2011 9:03 PM

Jan 2009
There's a reason why Ryuuji acted the way he did. I'd love to spoil it, but it's funnier watching people's asinine comments...
Jan 17, 2011 9:08 PM

Feb 2008
well at least our hero is not a hero yet. lol if they really wanted to be realistic, he should have just died...but we have a story to tell here.
Jan 17, 2011 9:15 PM

Sep 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
DenjaX said:
As much as I agree with you all, I think it will be more emotional and amazing that Ryuji realizes his powers trough his emotions towards Rose. he need to wake the fuck up and realize Rose is more than just some relic. She is something alive that want his affection, whether he marries her or does some ecchi does not matter now IMO or what he thinks, he needs to realize who Rose is really for him.

Definitely true. I think this aspect of the show will be very fun to watch so long as they don't go the "Which girl do I choose?" angle. I always hate that approach because it always seems to me like the decision is obvious. Hitman reborn. You like 2 girls. 1 likes you back. Decision made. To Luv Ru. Likes 2 girls. 1 likes him back, and his choosing that girl will save the galaxy, also iirc make him heir to the throne and he'll inherit wealth and power. How is that decision possibly not the easiest decision ever made? Anyway, rant aside I definitely want to see how the relationship develops, as right now it could be just about anything. Romantic. Parental. Comrades at arms. Just close friends who share an understanding of loneliness. The sky is the limit.

Yumekichi11 said:

Gangler said:
I kept waiting for him to show us what a level 10 breaker can do, but nothing. Made sense though. I'm pretty sure Breakers specialize in the use of relics. I just makes sense considering that they're somehow connected to this organization geared towards the gathering and studying of relics. Basically he was unarmed.Seriously though. This episode was so sad :( not at all what I was expecting after last week.
Yes my friend this episode was sad indeed. Regardless I think his holding his powers might be due to his past with his parents leaving him and thinking their work is more important than their show. A classical situation but the approach in this anime in regards to Rose x Ryuji and his problem will be resolved by her is what I want to see.
You think she'll help him get over the issues that are holding him back? I don't know why I hadn't thought of that, but it could be a very fun level. He seems right now to be an extraordinary individual living a very ordinary life. Perhaps they'll turn this into a "The making of the man" type story and we'll get to see the legendary figure's humble origins.
Jan 17, 2011 9:30 PM

Oct 2010
NoVaGamester said:
I liked the episode, but I wanted Rose to fuck Black Dragon up. x) When she grabbed his hand, I was waiting for her to blast his arm off.
Me too I also wished it would have happened but I believe Rose did that so that no one gets endangered anymore.
anime_rulez71 said:
BIATCH!!!! How dare they make Rose cry?!?!?! >: (
Totally the attitude I had when Ryuji did that, hence why I bitch at his conflict being lame ass and weak. I hope this is only to make his growth look better but at the price of making the main female cry? Not cool is you ask me.
Gangler said:
You think she'll help him get over the issues that are holding him back? I don't know why I hadn't thought of that, but it could be a very fun level. He seems right now to be an extraordinary individual living a very ordinary life. Perhaps they'll turn this into a "The making of the man" type story and we'll get to see the legendary figure's humble origins. I think it would be great to see Rose and Onyx's origins and how it made to current times that things from the medieval time still survived up to now.
Gangler said:
Yumekichi11 said:
The way Onyx treated Rose was horrible, a forced marriage because of a necklace? Really?
This part sounds a bit confused to me. I don't think she's being forced to marry because she has the necklace. I think she has the necklace because they have been arranged to marry each other. Basically a dragon engagement ring. The rest is all spot on.
My point may be confusing but I meant that a necklace means nothing if it is not recognized by the person wearing it and I am sure Rose would give it up. Pre-arranged marriage also should not done since most of the time that is what caused the deaths of many women during the non-divorce times of the medieval times. Onyx is just selfish fool who never bothered to ask Rose feelings but just respects a engagement that is deemed highly important due to Rose's royal nature.
Gangler said:
I'd argue though that onyx is OP because he's... well, a dragon. That's just how dragons are. The most powerful of earths warriors band together to slay a dragon, and likely only manage to die an painful death if they even manage to wake the guy up. Their dying thoughts are the realization of the mistaken arrogance that led them to this situation.
I agree but it seems that the only way to fight dragons is with other dragons and that is sad because there does not seem to be any human to stop them less weapons get developed.
Gangler said:
Honestly, if all he'd had was some minor flame manipulation that would have disappointed me. It'd be like if they had a God type character who's only notable power was walking on water. It'd be a degradation to the point that the name is no longer appropriate. Rose hasn't even grown her wings yet and she can roast a city block. I think this speaks volumes about dragons as a race within this setting.
Agreed but I also think making things too powerful can upset certain balances, I think the counter is including other Dragons such as the Blue Ones that have water as power, the Yellow Ones who can use Lighting and we need the classical White Ones, which use the opposite of what Onyx used.
Yumekichi11Jan 17, 2011 9:50 PM

Jan 17, 2011 9:52 PM
Mar 2010
Being a level 10 breaker doesn't give any fighting powere it seems >_>

I wonder if everyone is gonna hate on the classmate who likes Ryuuji like Kazumi from Shakugan no Shana.
Jan 17, 2011 10:41 PM
Nov 2009
Daidragon1990 said:
TMultimate said:

Agreed

^This and WTH is a level 10 breaker?? Good eisode though hope they explain the "Breakers" in the next ep ^^
Jan 17, 2011 10:58 PM

Nov 2008
Taig- I mean Rose goes with the black dragon. Let`s see what will happen.
Jan 17, 2011 11:26 PM

Jul 2008
inb4 Ryuuji becomes a Dragon Slayer. (not the Fairy Tail definition, but rather more akin to Grey Wardens from Dragon Age being literal Dragon Slayers, or becoming one in Forgotten Realms settings when you kill dragons).
Jan 17, 2011 11:29 PM

Apr 2008
whats with the lvl10 or 7 thing ... o-o

Jan 17, 2011 11:41 PM

Apr 2009
another wuss protagonist is born

i dunno why writers keep making this same type of character, might drop this anime solely because of ryuuji
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 28, 2011

178 by slepice24 »»
Mar 29, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sirwence - Feb 21, 2011

65 by OweynLupton »»
May 26, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 10, 2011

159 by White_Alice »»
May 22, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Feb 7, 2011

85 by Skirroz98_NL »»
May 26, 2022 2:37 AM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hoppy - Jan 24, 2011

138 by Skirroz98_NL »»
May 25, 2022 2:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.