Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 18, 2011 6:16 AM

Nov 2008
Intriguing setting, this might turn interesting despite a rather generic premise.
Some scenery were really beautiful.
Jan 18, 2011 2:40 PM

Jul 2008
What did I just watch? Hardly any of it made sense but hell, it was amusing at least.
Jan 18, 2011 8:47 PM
May 2008
The art was nice, overall, somewhat jarring episode, but pleasant, it's hard to say where it will go. I'm wondering what happened to his parents, which I'm sure has to do with the Fractale system.

Quite obviously ripping off Miyazaki, Phryne is also a Greek figure, like Nausicaa's namesake. Apparently, the historical figure was a beautiful, powerful courtesan. Interesting read though. Not sure how relevant it will end up being to this character other than that we've already had her body thrust at us front and center, several times, tiresomely enough.

Jan 19, 2011 12:05 AM

Oct 2010
scherzo said:
Quite obviously ripping off Miyazaki, Phryne is also a Greek figure, like Nausicaa's namesake. Apparently, the historical figure was a beautiful, powerful courtesan. Interesting read though. Not sure how relevant it will end up being to this character other than that we've already had her body thrust at us front and center, several times, tiresomely enough.
Interesting read indeed! I will for one follow through the details of this series to see if any of them refer to your reference but Phryne was definitely a good read to see what is it about her historical dilemma is about. Do wonder what it will connect to in this series.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 19, 2011 7:46 AM

Jan 2008
head-go-boom said:
Wow, this looks really promising. I haven't read the manga, so I don't know how faithful it is to the original, but either way I thought it was a really nice first episode.

Just wanna let you guys know, the manga is not the original creator and the anime is NOT an adaption of it.

MAL made a mistake on that for sure.
Jan 19, 2011 8:21 AM

Nov 2009
This series has a very nice feeling / atmosphere to it. As I've heard from people before watching this show, it really does give me the idea that I was watching a movie.

The villains of this show, or whoever they are, were way different than I would of expected. They reminded me of the type of villains you would see in a Home Alone movie or something. It also reminded me of something that would happen in Scooby-Doo o.O

I personally enjoy the pacing of the series, and I look forwards to future episodes.
Jan 19, 2011 8:32 AM

Sep 2009
what happened to purple hair?...shit

what happened to the way they were supposed to look?

clain looks like a pussy and phryne like a f4g
Jan 19, 2011 9:06 AM
Mar 2010
very good impressions, really!!!! chara design doesn't excite me, but plot and theme seems very good!!! I hope it will confirm expectations..... There are something about Ghibli, with due proportion....

next to 2nd ep
Jan 19, 2011 3:45 PM
May 2008
This anime is amazing I suppose like most you of here I can not wait to see the next episode and the technology and the fractale system I cannot wait to find out the story. I enjoyed the ending song.

Jan 19, 2011 4:10 PM

Jan 2010
Inarius said:

Oh wow, that's quite different. I have to say I like the designs on the left a lot more.
Jan 19, 2011 10:12 PM

Mar 2010
Cholisose said:
Inarius said:

Oh wow, that's quite different. I have to say I like the designs on the left a lot more.

+1
Didn't do the original justice character design wise. No wonder the writer is blaming the producer. Still I like slow paced stories like this.
My Blog: Due2Life

Jan 19, 2011 10:42 PM

Oct 2008
Too much good stuff on Thursdays to watch to cram this in.
Did not make an impression.
A bunch of "meh".
Jan 20, 2011 12:24 AM

Dec 2010
No purple hair? Good god!

Commence rolling of eyes.
Jan 20, 2011 6:20 AM

Mar 2009
Wow it really did feel like it was Miyazaki's work. ^^
Jan 21, 2011 11:01 AM

Aug 2010
Twas good.
Jan 21, 2011 6:02 PM

May 2008
Arent they suppose to have blue hair =(. Lol still not quite sure what this whole show is about

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 21, 2011 10:03 PM

Aug 2010
I didn't know what to expect when I first watched this but it was really good. I am very interested in finding out what the fractale system is and how people communicate through these "doppels" and why they choose to. This seems like it could be one of my favorites this season.
Jan 22, 2011 2:24 AM

Oct 2009
AMAZING!

Also, I lol'd at the beginning; I was just on a 4chan thread 'You have an unconscious hot girl in front of you, what do you do?'.

Definitely sticking to see the rest of this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2011 5:00 PM

Apr 2009
I kind of liked everything with this. As said before, the animation is simply beautiful! I liked the music and the OP was so cool. (I watched it on blu-ray on my big TV and was amazed XD)
Even though the episode mostly was peaceful it was never boring.
Jan 23, 2011 9:34 AM

Dec 2009
what the hell is with that dopplers ? And his parents are in different places on earth but think it's okay just because they're retarded balloon holograms can be seen ?!!?!
I think I'm gonna love this series xD.
Jan 24, 2011 11:10 PM

Mar 2010
Ok at first it didnt seem good But as you watch through out the episode it Becomes SUPERB really great anime im Enjoying it a lot :D

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 25, 2011 6:41 PM
Jan 29, 2011 10:23 PM

Jan 2008
Looks pretty decent so far. I must admit, I never realised the changes in character design were so large until now. There seems no logical reason behind it and really, I prefer the originals over the new ones. I guess it could be to make it look EVEN MORE like a Ghibli film with it's use of realistic hair colours but that isn't enough of a reason in my eyes.
Feb 3, 2011 5:26 PM

Dec 2010
It was very interisting, I'm curious about the Fractale system
Feb 5, 2011 11:52 AM
Jul 2009
Looking at other posts, this seems to be a bit of a 'Marmite' anime. You love it or hate it. I personally don't know what to think just yet, it's quite strange, so I'll be watching on but I'm really not sure what to expect. However, if I had to choose between saying I liked it or disliked it, I'd say I liked it.
Feb 13, 2011 4:14 PM

Feb 2011
I think I like it.
At first, I was weirded by the "dopples" and almost stopped watching.
But I think I like this. The animation grows on you after a while, though at first I thought I wouldn't get into it.
Also, this is the first time I've seen an anime AS it was running. I've only downloaded two episodes, because that's all that's available where I get it from. It's... an experience, to say the least.
If you lived in your computer, you'd be home already.
Feb 22, 2011 10:13 AM

Aug 2010
hrm a interesting 1st episode. kinda weird how his parents are like that tho. bleh,
Mar 6, 2011 9:03 PM
Aug 2008
I don't understand why they are called "doppels" and not "avatars" - the latter would seem more fitting, wouldn't it? Closer to our use of the concept and the tool...
Also, Clain has lived by himself so long yet does know the concept of "nudity", "shame/embarrassment", and "modesty", yet Phryne lived with other people and has no idea that you don't walk up to other people naked just because you can't reach a spot on your back? Really?
Mar 7, 2011 1:44 AM

Dec 2009
If this is show is gonna be like watching a Miyazaki movie for 11 episodes straight... count me in.
Apr 2, 2011 4:59 PM

Mar 2009
It was an okay episode. The visuals for the OP were really great though.
Jun 28, 2011 12:08 AM

Nov 2007
Hmm. OP and ED are bad (former is boring, latter is just awful). Animation and art so far are okay, and the plot is somewhat intriguing. Voice talent is all over the place, though.

Btw, could they have ripped Nausicaä off even more with that scene? Not only is she flying on a glider with people chasing her but she's wearing a freaking blue dress too.

Hopefully it gets better next episode and I don't get too annoyed by the redhead's irritating voice.
Jul 9, 2011 12:26 AM
Jul 2010
I liked this quite a lot. The setting is really interesting, the characters... well, they're not that great but let's see how they develop and the episode gave off a really relaxing feeling that I absolutely loved.
Jul 14, 2013 10:27 PM

Jun 2012
I really like this so far, agree with ghibli feel of it. Love the art, music and atmosphere of it. Really calming.
Jul 17, 2013 11:16 AM

Sep 2009
Good first episode <333
The opening felt like an acid trip though >_<
Sep 7, 2013 1:15 AM

Jan 2013
Great start, love when anime don't introduce a dozen characters in the first episodes.
It's at the best when there is a good dynamic between 2 characters.
Dec 6, 2013 9:18 AM

May 2012
Quite an interesting start, this show has a lovely atmosphere around it and well I do think it has quite some potential so let's see what the story has to offer us!
May 26, 2014 10:02 PM
Jan 2008
Loved the kaleidoscopic opening theme song, underwhelmed (so far) by what I've seen.

The first impression I have of the series is that the animation is colorful and beautiful, but it's hard not to look at this as a semi-imitation of Miyazaki. At less than five minutes into the first episode, we meet a girl zooming around on a glider that doesn't look that much different from that of the title character in Nausicaa. The girl looks quite similar to the heroine from Laputa. (And she owns a pendant!) The house of the hero is on a cliff that overlooks the ocean (straight of Ponyo). And chasing said glider is an airship straight out of Laputa. Owned by a little girl with pigtails with a feiry-tempered personality and two bespectacled henchmen who look suspiciously like Sanson and a less cartoonish Hanson from Nadia (technically not really Miyazaki, but you get the idea). Unlike those works, though, this show has hints of a potentially intriguing story, but so far I have yet to find anything captivating about it. I'm certainly not all over the moon with it, but I am not disgusted with it either.

"Castle in the Sky" was far better about getting its viewer intrigued in its adventure from the start, and "Nadia", for all its egregious faults, had a FANTASTIC beginning set of episodes.

I'm "meh" about this first episode.
JTurnerMay 26, 2014 10:07 PM
Dec 21, 2014 1:36 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, I really liked that, an interesting first episode and very Studio Ghibli like in animation and story too. It seemed very cinematic in style.

I really did like the animation and characters and can't wait to find out what happens next!

Interesting that computers are now not used in it.

I liked the ending.

The doppels were creepy though!
Sep 7, 2015 9:06 AM

Nov 2013
After only the first episode I'm not sure if I like this or not. I'm curious to learn more about the world in this anime though.

I liked both OP and ED.
Aug 2, 2019 11:20 PM
Jul 2018
I like the art and setting so far, and the doppels seem interesting. But I'm not sure about the characters.
Feb 2, 2022 5:57 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Fractale system, eh? Settings seems there's more of it. Doppels kinda like a data clone to fulfills all your needs. There's also a merchant, and friends, must be a wish for the blonde boy, Clein. There's a mysterious girl whose just set herself off, and she gave the pendant to the boy. There's a data girl that comes out from the pc, and idk what kind of girl the other one. This first episode kinda have a start weak. Op wacky af, composing the fractale system with nonsense, ed had a broken english, so...

But, knowing the fact that the red-haired data girl voiced by HanaKana, i think i really need to finish this up, somehow...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fractale Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 20, 2011

137 by ka7eMARU »»
Feb 6, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Mar 31, 2011

204 by luminality »»
Nov 23, 2022 3:04 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DL21 - Feb 24, 2011

94 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 5:16 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Angy- - Feb 17, 2011

78 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 7:53 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

confusedmuse - Mar 17, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.