Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 23, 2014 6:52 PM

Feb 2012
This was so frustrating, ugh. I wanted to scream at my screen, "GIVE HIM THE FUCKING CHOCOLATE, SAWAKO."
I can completely relate to how she feels though.
Apr 12, 2014 4:24 AM

Jan 2008
I got to watch it tonight after all I understand where both sides are coming from bc I have watched Sawako grow all of season 1 but I am glad I got to watch this episode bc it was another amazing episode
Apr 19, 2014 2:46 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I didn't mind Kurumi teasing Sawako, but Sawako needs to straighten out her feelings for Kazeha. That blond guy seems like he can be a serious contender for Sawako's heart.

Ryuu eating chocolates was to good to pass on.

Sawako spends the entire school day trying to give the chocolates to Kazeha but to no avail because Sawako was too nervous and shy.

May 18, 2014 8:52 PM

Aug 2013
Godfuckingdamnit Kurumi! Why did you have to screw it all over again! You lost, just accept it like the bitch you are!

Well, it was a really weird episode. It looked like they had became distant after what happened at the new eve. Wouldn't have expected that...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 17, 2014 1:07 PM

Jan 2014
The only characters in this anime that I actually remotely like are Ryu and Sawako's Dad.
Jul 24, 2014 3:12 AM

Jan 2014
Aaaarggh! -.-
Aug 10, 2014 9:29 PM

Apr 2014
Just the first episode, and already a sad atmosphere. I feel for Sawako </3
Red is the color of a hero
Aug 18, 2014 1:52 AM

Nov 2012
"That means im special. Dont you think im very special?" .. No. shutup women..
Semi good intention.. but NO D:
Sep 19, 2014 11:38 AM
Aug 2014
another disappointing episode where literally NOTHING happens.
Sep 25, 2014 8:06 PM

Jul 2013
What an annoying first episode.

I don't blame anything on Kurumi either because what she said is right - it's up to Sawako to give those chocolates to Kazehaya in the end. I can't believe after that whole Christmas present situation Sawako let another gift slide. Ugh.

I think I prefer Lovely Complex way over this series, just because the romance moved a lot faster and they provided a lot more entertainment on the way to the confession.
Dec 11, 2014 11:31 AM

Sep 2014
minouneetzoe said:
Godfuckingdamnit Kurumi! Why did you have to screw it all over again! You lost, just accept it like the bitch you are!

Well, it was a really weird episode. It looked like they had became distant after what happened at the new eve. Wouldn't have expected that...

wrong, Sawako had the whole school day to do it, she only has herself to blame. Don't put this on Kurumi. She even gave some to her friends but not Kazehaya.
Jan 18, 2015 6:08 AM

Jan 2013
Ugh, that typical blond shoujo guy. Hate them (except Usui).
She didn't delivered him the chocolates, that's gonna haunt the next episode.
Feb 15, 2015 12:46 PM

Aug 2013
Very sad start :(
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 20, 2015 5:18 AM

Sep 2012
Damn disappointed and annoyed that she didn't give the chocolates.
Sep 26, 2015 1:45 PM
Jun 2011
How infuriating!!!!!!! This episode made me crazy over her indecisiveness! Just leave the damn chocolates in his desk or shoe locker if you can't stop obsessing and over analyzing!! Poor guy was crushed and probably think she doesn't love him now! Sigh.......onto the next episode! Fingers crossed she can be a bit more bold ^^
Mar 4, 2016 6:11 PM

Apr 2013
What? No no no no no no, that's not supposed to happen. You have to give them to him. WTF!!!!!!!

Well, this would've been a good time to have an anime cliche.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jun 10, 2017 11:19 PM

Jun 2013
This is so painful
Sep 26, 2017 5:54 PM

May 2011
Starting this episode right after season one left me so, so, so triggered. I guess that's what they were going for... so they've beaten me at the very least. I guess they need to start their communication from square one again. At least their feelings are the same.

Good think Sadako x Kazehiya isn't the only prevalent theme in this franchise, which means I have so much more to look forward to while being patient towards them, once again.

*exhales*
Nov 11, 2017 3:21 PM

Nov 2016
Awesome start, same great vibes as I got from season one and boi,do I love the faces in this show :3

Sawako couldn't give the chocolate in the end,that was so frustrating to watch:S

Dat blonde dude already smells like trouble to me and I will probably end up hating him.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 14, 2018 4:02 AM
Jan 2018
So after watching the first two episodes I realize that I could have not watched this episode and not missed anything, and by the way episode 2 played out I could have skipped over that one and not missed anything important
Apr 13, 2018 6:59 PM

Mar 2012
This episode stressed me the fuck out
Oct 6, 2018 3:52 AM

Feb 2017
This was so stressful and painful to watch.

And that new blonde guy... I think I can see where this is going and I don't think I'll like it.
Nov 27, 2018 8:41 PM

Oct 2017
I really like the new opening theme..maybe even more than the last one..

Sawako is a great cook. She makes a gorgeous bento box and brings it to school, sharing it with her friends.

It’s now January and a lot has changed. Sawako has had to move seats in her class but it’s okay because the students next to her always talk to her. They probably wouldn’t have if she was still her old self. But she’s been advancing a lot. Ever since she met Kazehaya.
She misses him sitting next to him every day.

Time to jump to February. Valentine’s Day is tomorrow. Sawako has busied herself with making chocolate for all of her friends. Lol she gets all self conscious when it comes to Kazehaya’s chocolate.

The next morning, Sawako bumps into Kazehaya with what looks like a bar of chocolate in his hand. He quickly shoves it away when he sees her.

When she gets to class, Sawako gives all of her chocolates away. To everyone but Kazehaya that is. She’s way to nervous to give it to him. She ends up running to the bathroom instead. She doesn’t know how to give it to him and his over analyzing the situation.

Kazehaya finds out that just about everyone in class got some chocolate from Sawako except for him. Poor guy, he must feel pretty left out lol. Looks like he’s getting quite a bit of chocolate from other girls though.

There’s not much time left. Sawako feels she has to give Kazehaya his chocolates before he leaves the building.

Pin carried Kazehaya off to his office. He blackmailed Kazehaya into giving him a shoulder rub lol. Kazehaya noticed that even Pin got chocolates from Sawako.

Sawako eventually found Kazehaya in a hallway. She was finally about to give him his chocolates but Kurumi beat her to it. If only Sawako wouldn’t hesitate so much..

Kurumi tells Sawako to think about why she wants to give Kazehaya chocolates. Weather it’s a thank you gift or a confession gift. Sawako knows it’s more than a thank you gift and in the end, she still couldn’t give him the chocolates. You could tell how hurt he was by it too.

Also, looks like there’s some new character. He kinda gives me the creeps lol. I wonder who he is?
Jan 14, 2019 5:51 PM

Jul 2014
damn you sawako just give him the njkfsnjkbv chocolate
Feb 6, 2019 7:57 PM

Jul 2016
I didn't expect to see such drama just because of some chocolates... I think Sawako is just way overthinking it but well, it wouldn't be the first time she does it. I just was hoping her to be less indecisive especially after all the things that happened in the first season.

And also, I don't know how to handle Kurumi's words. I want to believe she's not after Kazehaya anymore and wants to somehow help Sawako to be honest with her own feelings although she's doing it in a some kind of "hostile" way...

Other than that, it was an OK episode which felt very slow for moments.

P.S.: The blonde guy will be after Sawako, right?... Shit, another love triangle incoming...
Apr 28, 2019 9:21 AM

Jun 2017
Through out watching this I was basically chanting in my head "Give him the Dang Chocolates!" and...she didn't... girl, come on. ;-;
Apr 29, 2019 2:43 AM
Apr 2019
fuck I am so sick of sawako being useless and physically unable to do anything unless ordered to by someone. she is incapable of anything and I think to some degree a stick insect could convince her to kill herself if it came down to it.
Dec 8, 2019 2:55 PM
Jul 2013
Makes me sad they skipped 6 weeks just like that.
Kurumi still best girl.
Pin still best comic relief.
Yano still can see through everything.
Sawako still hesitating. If she had not run off at the end, I would expect Chizu and Yano to find her next day at the exact same spot.
WTF was that 3DCGI bathroom? Why?
Jan 12, 2020 9:51 AM
Apr 2016
Aww, she failed to do it... Kurumi is to blame, but honestly that was cute.
Jun 15, 2020 1:55 PM

Jan 2019
Agh, I really disliked Sawako in this episode. Did nothing on S1 happened or...?

Like, what was the point on cooking those chocolates if you won't give it to him in the ene. The worst part is that she didn't gave anything to him even though he has done so much for her. I bet it's a horrible feeling to see your friend/crush gave chocolates to a random girl she barely know but not to you.

So what if those chocolates are full of lovey dovey feelings? Make other ones focused on thanking him for his actions. Or your romantic feelings for him are more important than the support he has given you?

And it wasn't even Kurumi's fault, Sawako is just too coward and ungrateful. She should start appreciating Kazehaya as a friend and not only as a love interest, like she did before realizing her feelings.
RottenOrangeJun 15, 2020 1:59 PM
Aug 13, 2020 10:38 AM
Apr 2018
Ahh so protagonist reverted back to her season 1 ep 1 self confidence... this is just frustrating to watch if the character development, especially in regards to self confidence, of 25 eps from season 1 gets thrown out of the window in order to restart it from new in season 2...
very much bullshit
Aug 13, 2020 10:50 AM
Apr 2018
andersx1 said:
fuck I am so sick of sawako being useless and physically unable to do anything unless ordered to by someone. she is incapable of anything and I think to some degree a stick insect could convince her to kill herself if it came down to it.
lmao spitting facts
Dec 2, 2020 11:27 PM

Jun 2020
Ok, I get that this show is super slow moving, but this episode (especially the end) made me want to jump out of a window. I was so angry that she didn't just give him chocolates after all that. Please, Kimi ni Todoke Season 2, redeem this episode in the next 11 episodes.
Have a great day!

Mar 2, 2021 6:45 AM

Jun 2020
Ngl that was pretty frustrating. You would think after all they’ve been through together, and after how kind Kazehaya has been to her, Sawako would at least have given him the chocolates & not overthink it this much! Kazehaya was so sad to see everyone BUT HIM even the most random of people got it lol just wtf????? I get that she didn’t want her chocolates to be treated as obligatory chocolates & that was conveyed well but omg Kazehaya was so bummed!!!!! Poor boi

And it’s not Kurumi’s fault. She’s right, if Sawako’s going to get fazed that easily that’s on herself. Lol @ Kurumi running away sticking her tongue out lolol

And new guy!!!!! Mamo!!!! Can’t hate that guy with Mamo’s voice hahaha

Also loving this OP♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 2, 2021 5:30 PM

Jan 2021
Dang it!!
That was so frustrating to watch >_>
Jul 13, 2021 12:25 PM
Oct 2017
After suffering through S1 with barely any progress on the couple's part she's still allowing herself to be played by that asshole,Ume!? Come tf on,getting tired of yelling at my tv 🤬
Aug 3, 2021 2:51 PM

Jun 2020
tirru said:
Shadowmancer said:

This is a very slow moving anime.

I agree. It really pisses me off how Kazehaya won't do anything and Kuronuma is too dense to figure anything out. I love this anime but they need to move faster.

The annoying thing is that he has done something, in fact he's done everything a man can reasonably do without coming off as a cringe worthy creep to show he cares about her and yet she still doesn't see it. There is none so blind as those who refuse to see.

He confessed to her in episode 12 by asking her out and IRL that would have but she didn't even understand that FFS. I'm autistic, I'm supposed to be the socially disabled one and yet Sawako makes me look like a cross between James Bond and an esper!

I grew to truly love season 1, but they did the old "back to square one" for the second season and I'm not happy about it. Adding new characters to distract from the fact they don't know how to write a progressing relationship is another dirty second season tactic I'm not fond of.
BritishBlitz87Aug 3, 2021 3:08 PM
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
Apr 11, 2022 3:37 PM

May 2016
I can't fathom the fact 60% of the posts calling this episode frustrating I found it perfect episode especially that ending "My Chocolate filled with Hidden Desires" that single line
is better than most shitty titles that we have now.

10/10
May 21, 2023 7:48 AM
Mar 2021
Sawako's nature which is supposed to be her selling point is annoying me so much. Like first the Christmas gift scenario and then this valentine's one. I wouldv'e let the first one slide if this worked out but nah they just have to break Kazehaya's heart like that time and time again. I do 't even understand why he likes her at this point. He liked her cause she was honest and despite others alienation of her, she still tried to get along and get her feelings across but now her character is ruined and she's your typical fl who's like "oh idk what to do. hero do something cause i'm a helpless girl who doesn't have guts". this is annoying me too much after Ryu's feelings got hurt too so im dropping it. Might continue if i wanna be frustrated but not now.
Jun 16, 2023 5:59 AM

Jan 2020
Time to switch partners....
Jun 22, 2023 9:15 PM
Aug 2021
é isso porra romance que deixa o coração molinho fufu
Oct 24, 2023 7:44 AM
Apr 2020
Struggling to do or give something to someone you have strong feelings for is very realistically portrayed. In its core, yes, it's simple. Just give him the chocolate. But it's so much different than when giving it to friends. I love this episode despite it definitely pushing my impatience to its brink and never relieving the tension. I adore the slow pace of the anime but sometimes we should be rewarded a little bit for being so patient sometimes. A lot of it would be cleared up if one of them decided they can't put up with the uncertainty no longer and got some guts. :)
Dec 2, 2023 8:17 PM

Oct 2022
I actually got kinda pissed off. I love Sawako, and I know that you don't know that Kazehaya likes you.. And you were so close... And Kurumi had to fuck up your confidence at the end there. Jeez, I love these characters but I just want things to go right already.
UndefeatedBahamut
Dec 19, 2023 6:02 AM

Feb 2019
Ah, it was frustrating that she didn't give them in the end. I partially blame Kurumi-chan...
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 15, 2011

211 by Quiddity131 »»
Mar 23, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2011

182 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 8, 2011

221 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Feb 22, 2011

156 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zimno - Feb 8, 2011

202 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 6:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.