Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2011 4:59 AM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jan 15, 2014 10:57 AM
Oct 2012
Tezuka is better character than I thought... and he's much better from Echizen in tennis... I'm glad for that.
Jun 23, 2014 6:40 PM

May 2012
I thought when the captain said that Ryoma will be the pillar of support, he wanted to make Echizen the captain. Haha, so silly of me. But glad that Ryoma has found a new motivation now.
Feb 11, 2015 4:07 AM
Aug 2012
it"s good to know that Echizen has long way to go to become a good tennis-player!
Feb 23, 2015 1:37 PM

Dec 2012
I was definitely impressed with this episode. Tezuka is awesome, both as a captain and player. The end was intense, that golden Buddha mode. Ryoma's tennis now has purpose and it seems like that's also boosting his general enthusiasm. Looking forward to what style he ends up molding.
Mar 21, 2015 11:30 PM

Sep 2014
Fav episode! I'm so glad they finally developed Tezuka's character! Lol, thinking they went SSJ for a second there.

one thing I'm hoping for is that he doesn't get better than his father by the end of the series. Considering the whole show of prince of tennis only takes place in about a year, he would need a lot of more training and years to hone his abilities to be a pro.

After watching Major, and Hajime no ippo, I now know it takes a lot to be a pro.
Oct 22, 2015 8:00 PM

Mar 2011
Yeah, this really felt like a season-closing-episode, that was probably the fist season (because of changing OP/ED theme and stuff).

So that was what Ryouma's father meant with "my son won't ever overcome me", Ryouma was just copying his father style, a mere copy cannot surpass the original.
Tezuka surely is an awesome captain, coach, player and character.
Jan 20, 2017 8:29 PM
Jul 2018
Super intense episode! I really liked seeing more development for not only Ryoma but Tezuka as well. Also, the backgrounds in this were so pretty, all rainbow-coloured sky and everything.
May 24, 2017 9:33 PM

Jul 2016
Fucking only Ryoma would bring a tennis ball into a bath tub...
Such an intense eye match. Oishi really cares for Tezuka, huh? He's going so far as to miss school. Ryoma says that it was something like a date when he plays a tennis match with Tezu to his dad, but when he goes with Sakuno he says it's not a date and they're just going to fix racket strings. (???) A little variation with the ending this time I see! They said "You got game?" three times before "Drive my heart." I am really tired today and I am still recovering from a cold yesterday so it's surprising I stuck around for a double episode... *dives into bed*
Apr 25, 2018 3:16 PM

Nov 2016
Tezuka was one of my favorites,but now he got the pole position. Really appreciate what he's done so far.Wonder what's going to happen in the future and if his condition will get worse again..

Anyway,tense episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 29, 2018 10:41 PM
Nov 2014
I remember watching this anime when I was in school, and at that time I used to watch it just for the fun of it. Now that I'm older I can appreciate the details in the dialogues and in the characters development.

Episodes 25 and 26 are probably my favorite ones in terms of animation, development and intensity. It feels like in these two episodes the series gets serious, and you can see that in the change of Ryoma's mentality, Nanjiroh's feelings and Tezuka's mindset.

This anime is way better than I used to remember, lol. And this one really is a good season ending episode and a good fuel for what comes next (which from what I remember, was even better).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Prince of Tennis Episode 149 Discussion

Yoruichy - Feb 4, 2012

4 by BlaizeV »»
Apr 23, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis Episode 147 Discussion

SenChen - Mar 12, 2016

2 by BlaizeV »»
Apr 22, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis Episode 92 Discussion

greenmush - Jul 10, 2010

5 by BlaizeV »»
Apr 9, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis Episode 71 Discussion

deuchi - Feb 5, 2011

14 by BlaizeV »»
Apr 4, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis Episode 164 Discussion

greenmush - Feb 13, 2012

4 by Emmuhzx »»
Mar 29, 6:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.