Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 16, 2017 6:27 AM

Apr 2016

Well everything was quite expected by me, although Reuental's usurpation is due to someone else's scheme, unlike my prediction it would happen on his own accordance. However, that is just one of many reason why Reuental want to oppose Reinhard if you've been taking notice of Reuental's thought, flashback, etc. Though i don't really want it to go this way but everything has to come to an end, now i think i finally understand this anime's title. And Reuental is perhaps my most favorite character of this series now, he's just too complicated a man but in such era, this is how legends are bornt XD.
Jan 18, 2017 8:19 PM
Jan 2017
Don't wanna see Reuental fighting aggainst Reinhard :/
Dec 30, 2017 8:01 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Poor Revental, he is not guilty!!! :/
Feb 26, 2018 9:35 AM

May 2016
As I thought it happened sadly that is but the
Person who's gonna suffer the most is Mitermayer.
May 20, 2018 6:02 AM
Apr 2018
Damn, this is happening. I said before what will happen is that everyone will suspect and accuse him and it will make him snap. I hate that I was right. Yes, we the viewer know he was thinking about this for a long time, but he never showed anything but loyalty to Reinhard. Yet Hilda, Oberstein and others suspected him anyway. This war is there fault. Also all the admirals, especially Bittenfeld were so quick to accept it right away. Why should Reuetnal explain himself when these guys don't trust or deserve him?

Screw Grillpalzer too. He knows it's the Earth Cult and did nothing about it. Does he too want there to be a war? I can't see Reuetnal's number 2 going along with it.

I also think Julian is far more likely to side with Reinhard sadly, even though I want Reuetnal to kill Reinhard. Even if they block that corridor they can just attack through Phezzan regardless so what's the point? Nobody in the August Government care mjuch about Job anyway so that won't sway it. I loved how angry Reuetnal was with Truniht. He destroyed the whole concept of democracy for himself.... though didn't Reinhard do exactly the same? What exactly did Reuetnal want with Job before he angered him?

I really don't like that Rubinsky and the Earth Cult have the same motives and plans. It's too confusing.

Power rankings

1) Empire. About to wage another war.
2) Reuetnal. About to be destroyed.
3) Reckon he'll side with Reinhard.
4) Earth Cult. Keep on winning. On a roll.
5) Rubinski. His plans keep on happening without him having to do anything!
6) Goldenbaums. They might end up winning the throne back by just watching everyone else kill themselves.....

MVP: Reuetnal. Awesome flashback scenes.
JohnWooMay 20, 2018 6:06 AM
Nov 12, 2018 10:24 AM
Apr 2018
Just kill Trunhit and Oberstein's fat pet.

So that's how the Alliance gets back in the game. I wonder if this will work for Reunetal.
Nov 12, 2018 12:03 PM

Feb 2017
I think this is one of the best episodes in the whole series. We get a good chunk more development for Reuenthal, who makes some amazing decisions here. This episode cranks up the fourth season to some of the highest tensions in the series. I'm floored by how much things changed in less than half an hour.
Nov 26, 2019 5:30 AM

Oct 2012
I feel like Reuntal is too stubborn to admit he's being framed and apologize
Because this is the 2nd time, his pride won't allow it
Which really according to plan to the Terrarist
All is according to plan, especially how on planet Urvashi, the incident about terrarist isn't reported
"Signature removed"
Jan 4, 2020 10:00 AM

Nov 2016
Great to see what forced Reunethal to take this big step from his perspective and it makes perfect sense.

Oh man, this is so crazy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 12, 2020 7:27 PM

Jan 2016
Im sorry but this feels very plot devicey and unrealistic. Bad episode. This rebellion feels so forced and unnatural.
May 7, 2020 8:00 AM
Sep 2017
This is the first time in the series that I feel quite discontent about the events that transpired. First of all, all of these events around Reuentahl happened because of rumours amongst the citizens. Rumours have been a repetative catalyst in this series to start new events, but this one was actually too unrealsitic for me. Even when the characters know each other well and trust each other and have shown good judgement previously! But rumours amongst citizens is what makes them precautious? That's their source for all info? Not like, messaging the people inlvolved directly? Didn't that one dude at some point tell Julian as advice that when a rumour comes suddenly from somewhere, it has someone's intentions behind it, although it might not seem like it. How do these experienced commanders not realise this? Based on rumours of Reuental inviting the Kaiser to visit him, Reuental actually invited him. To prove that the rumours aren't true and to test the Kaiser's faith in him! And even after everything happened Reuental clearly said he doesn't want to rebel just because someone has schemed him to do so. And then he decided to do just that. If he realises that there is scheming behind all this, why does he not prioritise in clearing his name and finding the real culprit?
I understand that he has his own past that weighs on him, and his ambition and his doubts towards Lang and Oberstein, but still, it seems his wisdom and loyalty to the Kaiser would overweigh those things. I respect the way the series has been driving the story so far, but this was just too convenient to happen. As if they needed something to oppose the Kaiser because Yang is gone. It just wasn't conducted believably, imo, please do point out if I'm wrong in something I said.

Still a 10/10 series, that hasn't changed for me but maybe that's exaclty why this kind of rather unbelievable chain of events would bother me.
duftiMay 7, 2020 8:10 AM
May 7, 2020 8:01 AM
Sep 2017
Dhaarok said:
Im sorry but this feels very plot devicey and unrealistic. Bad episode. This rebellion feels so forced and unnatural.

Yeah this is exactly what I think as well.
Dec 29, 2020 9:57 PM
Jun 2017
I have mixed feelings towards Reuental. From one side, I cannot help but pity him due to his tough childhood and troubled life. On the other side, I cannot comprehend how was he so eager to start a war over pride at the present time.

Indeed it happened as I had expected. I knew that Reuental, even if he really had the desire to rebel, wouldn't do anything if he wasn't pushed a bit. The Urvashi Incident was the perfect catalyst.

I gaseously understand the motives for Reuental to start this revolt. I grasp the situation and his need to fight to protect his pride, though I still find it objectionable for him to take the armed way, even if he is a somewhat cornered animal.

I also somewhat understand the bitter feelings against Oberstein. The hate of everyone is mainly directed towards Lang, though it's true that Oberstein is letting him run free. I'm afraid that the gambit that Oberstein used against Lichtenlade by turning him into a scapegoat for Kircheis' death can and may also be used against him in the near future, even if there is Terraism involved.

If Julian accepts Reuental's terms, he could regain control of the Alliance, though he would probably be held on by a tight leash by Reuental, to ensure they don't revolt against him in turn. Kaiser Oskar von Reuental would still deprive the Alliance of any effective power.

On the other hand, if Julian helps Reinhard, he could be largely benefited by this, as Reinhard's magnanimity could even lease them a pardon, let them retain Iserlohn indefinitely and gain official recognition from the Neue Reich to the New Government in August.

I doubt staying neutral (not letting anyone pass) is an option. Any side could attempt an offensive through Iserlohn and hold a heavy grudge if their plans cannot come to fruition and must dedicate more effort in order to win. Also, being neutral to both sides would mean the risk of being attacked by them both, whereas picking a side would only make them worry for one enemy.

If Julian wants republican democracy to succeed in these times (which can only be realistically done by making the Empire have a constitution, even if it is a carta otorgada/charte octroyée (a special kind of constitution redacted mainly or solely by the King, compromising to rule his subjects in a determined way)), his best course of action would be to aid Reinhard, as his sense of duty, honor and courtesy would force him to appropriately reward those who aid him in times of need.

Actually, that could be the final outcome. We've been hinted in some endings that Julian will end up having some sort of special relationship with Reinhard, going further from the fact that he is Yang's pupil, and knowing the limited number of episodes remaining, that could be the only way for them to get that close.
PaulotronatorDec 29, 2020 11:01 PM
Aug 7, 2021 12:38 PM

Jun 2020
smh reuenthal shit ass move
Sep 4, 2021 3:32 PM

Dec 2018
he's a coward for falling into their trap and doing exactly what they want
he's an idiot too for not considering unique alternatives, isn't he supposed to be a tactician?
and he's a traitor for not taking the time to investigate what really happened but instead going through mental gymnastics to justify what he's always wanted in the first place.
i hope reinhard blows him into a million pieces
Feb 4, 2022 6:45 PM

Jul 2016
Raizel said:
As I thought it happened sadly that is but the
Person who's gonna suffer the most is Mitermayer.

Mitermayer should just go form his own empire and leave these idiots to themselves.
Mar 12, 2022 7:24 AM

Dec 2021
i dont see julian choosing bi-color eyes over the golen haired kaiser anyways

reuthntal is on his own
Jun 27, 2022 4:37 PM

Dec 2007
reunthal is such complex character. this episode just showed how much depth he have. he just had no other way around the problem, he will be killed anyway, so why not taking the challenge? that's what i saw here with him.
wakamoto laugh = WIN!

the way i see, s4 is blooming the seeds that season 2 and 3 had seeded. so far it's alright. though i still thinks that yang's death made huge deal with the story quality.
it's just that i cannot see how reuntal gonna be next "yang" lol.

the way gilzaraid smiled when he planned to hide the fact that all the riots made by the terraists, is kind of plot convenience to make reunthal keeps his card as the traitor.
my big questions though:
how's myrtymyer gonna reply to reunthal betrayal?
and
if in the end reinhard will came to his senses and will find the real culprits.
i just hate the fact that they are falling to rubinsky and earth cult plans...
Jul 1, 2022 7:08 PM

Nov 2014
Reuenthal is such an amazing character, and it's crazy how carefully this has been set up. I remember considering this a possibility early on into Reuenthal being introduced, but the story took so long to get here - allowing us to get to know him so thoroughly - that it's both a surprise what his decision is, while also making complete sense. This easily could have gone in another direction, but at the end of the day, Reuenthal doesn't want to be squashed by the wheels of history - he wants to direct the course of events himself.
Aug 1, 2022 8:31 AM
Jun 2022
Like Reuental, I’m torn apart between this episode. While I liked the whole sequence delving into the Governor’s tragic past and his motivations, I do find his willingness to revolt against the Emperor a bit rushed and out of character, though I can see why asking for forgiveness wouldn’t work, especially with Lang and Oberstein working behind Reinhard’s back. Also, I laughed hard when Reuental confronted Trunhit and went nuts with Job’s response. That scummy guy is always great, gotta give it to him. Speaking of scum, I’ve had a thing against those two red-blue haired admirals since the beginning. Not giving the evidence that the Earth Cult was envolved is just a nasty move that is probably going to cost a life of a great character.

However, despite my problems with this outing, I’ll give a 4/5 just for the future implications it may bring. Reinhard x Reuental is ON.
Dec 19, 2022 3:55 PM

May 2018
I see, Reuental wants to go out with a bang
Jan 3, 2023 10:38 AM
Mar 2013
This is definitely the "Evangelion style episode" of this show.

10 minutes of introspection by Reuenthal to decide to rebel. Like Shinji deciding whether to do Third Impact xD... curiously this episode 93 came out months after the eps. 25 and 26 of Evangelion.

If one day they make a new remaster of the ovas I would like them to remove the blur from the flashback scenes. It is bit nasty to look at.
ChillidaJan 3, 2023 10:47 AM
Feb 20, 2023 10:42 AM

Aug 2018
Reunthal finally snapping and rebelling might just be one of the most questionable moments in the series so far, knowing that hes a man of big ambition and honesty kinda makes this understandable but not to the fullest extent.

The plan to block Iserloth passage is great and a clever one, but just how much of that will work and what will Julian truly think about it.

Its just a sad and worrying episoide, specially knowing that Mittermeyer won't take this idea very nicely
Mar 13, 2023 4:58 AM

Jul 2017
even if I disagree with reuenthal's point of view, i LOVE his character and his choices, a very proud and ambituous man.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Sep 5, 2023 3:01 PM

Feb 2012
2023 Rewatch
Fortress_MaximusSep 6, 2023 3:02 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 7, 6:48 PM
Dec 2018
I find it a wonderful episode. Reenthal’s pride is the reason for his downfall, even though the event was fast and inaccurate, but it is very interesting to watch.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.