Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 5, 2008 5:02 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Reuental's proposal for Iserlohn seems too good to be true. Giving back the alliance territory only on the terms of keeping the Iserlohn corridor locked sounds great on paper but has several disadvantages. Just having Truniht's head shouldn't be enough. Whatever the case they have a tough decision ahead.

I'm curious as to how well Reuental will be able to drum up support. He may be able to get most, if not all, of his top officers to follow him. The lower levels officers and enlisted might be a tougher sell. Becoming a traitor against the empire and supporting a revolt can't be taken lightly.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Aug 22, 2009 8:11 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Wicked twist of fate, once again.

Again, Terraist + Rubinsky + Lang = evil jinx
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 24, 2009 6:52 PM

Jan 2009
Decent episode, i really enjoyed seeing the past of Reuental and just how f'd up it was. I don't want Reuental to fight against Reinhard at all, he is my favorite character and i am afraid that the outcome won't be that pleasant.
Nov 7, 2009 12:18 AM

Jul 2008
me too, don't want Reuental to fight against Reinhard but sadly that is what happening now..
Feb 13, 2010 3:37 PM

Jan 2009
This may have been the best performance Norio Wakamoto's ever given. He didn't give the notion that Reuenthal was spiralling towards madness, but to reinforce that he is a man of honor and of obligation.

I just hope the shameless bastards behind this die a death appropriate of their actions. I shouldn't have to see vassal pitted against king, nor friend against friend.
Jun 30, 2010 2:57 PM

Feb 2010
So now it's official :/
But what confuses me is the Terraist involvement. Wasn't it supposed to be one of Rubinskys schemes who cut his ties to the cult?
Gonna be interesting to see who was behind it and why.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 24, 2010 11:49 PM

May 2010
Great episode, I like how they make Reuental's character into a tragic hero. Even though he did nothing wrong, the schemes of the Terrarists forced him into becoming what they wanted him to be. Did anyone find the scene of Reuental being naked with Mittermeyer just plain creepy?
Sep 26, 2010 6:27 AM

Apr 2008
The first part is what makes of Reuenthal my fave character along with Yang : one of the most complex character I have seen.
The way he talks about his rebellion shows more than anything else his loyality to his Kaiser. I bet that deep inside him, he knows that Lohengramm and himself are not men of peacetime, and that in a way, Lohengramm needs to beat some proud and genius adversary to go further.
Trunhiht is as despicable as always. And Reuenthal's offer to ex-FPa surprising. Grillpalzer silence, as he discovered The Terraists were the one plotting the schemes, is a little act that has a major impact on the future events, I hated when he smiled.
And I share Julian's point of view,Reuenthal would have been a good emperor in other times.
Nov 27, 2010 12:22 PM

Jan 2010
i liked the first part with Reuenthal's background...
but i can't belive he actually can do that to Reinhard :\,oh well,another useless war it's on it's way

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 14, 2011 10:07 PM

May 2010
Feels like a disguised recap...

And now it has been established. God vs Reuental
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 18, 2011 11:10 AM
Jul 2010
Pretty good trip in the mind of Reuenthal.

If I recall he had about 5 million troops at his command. Since he was accidentally forced into rebellion (lol), there was zero chance to build a network of supporters. Given Reinhard's charisma and popularity, it is likely that the overwhelming majority of his territory and forces will abandon him.

This show has routinely showcased battles with each side commanding tens of millions. Reuenthal will be lucky to get a few, if he's fortunate enough to not get assassinated by any of the loyal soldiers.
Mar 25, 2011 7:31 AM

Jul 2009
All the good characters are dieing :O

Anyway, a good episode and it seems like this series will have a grand conclusion! I can't wait.
Apr 22, 2011 8:05 AM

Feb 2010
Wicked twist of fate indeed. Reuenthal doesn't have much options left and he's a man full of pride first and foremost.

GunDumb90 said:
Did anyone find the scene of Reuental being naked with Mittermeyer just plain creepy?

That's supposed to be his mother and her lover.
Feb 18, 2012 12:33 AM

Sep 2009
Poor Mittemyer....
Feb 18, 2012 11:44 PM
Nov 2010
This was awesome. We got to see how excellent Reuenthal's character is. An inside to his past and an explanation to how he justifies his actions. Excellent episode.
Although, I just feel like crying when seeing Mittermeyer and Reuenthal being such good friends and now this ;-;
Mar 15, 2012 11:08 PM

Aug 2010
Oh boy what a twist of events

This is going to be intense
Mar 18, 2012 8:16 AM
Aug 2010
what an episode

May 7, 2012 3:31 PM

Feb 2012
Despite everything we've seen of Reuenthal, I'm not sure I understand his logic in rebelling. He's been a suspect before, so now that he is one again he doesn't want Reinhard to accuse him wrongly, so he has to become a real traitor? That's what it sounded like. However, in truth there have been signs of Reuenthal's ambition in the past and even now in the flashbacks they explained how he was awed by Reinhard's ambition even more than his talent. So maybe that twisted logic was his way of trying to convince not only his no. 1 (Robin Williams with a beard) but himself that the rebellion is somehow justified, that it's not just his personal ambition. He's too proud to admit he'd do such a thing for selfish reasons. But in reality, does he really hope to improve the lives of ordinary people with treason?

In other words, what makes this difficult to interpret is that I got the impression Reuenthal's motives aren't even clear to himself, so they were written to be unconvincing for that very reason.

The offer to Iserlohn indeed seems too good to be true, but it would certainly make the show more interesting, after all it's difficult to conceive how the remaining million republicans could even hope to make a difference. Then again, Terraists are doing it and they don't have large numbers. But obviously there has to be a way for Julian to play a bigger part.
Jul 8, 2012 10:37 PM

Feb 2011
Really didn't want this to happen, because Reuenthal is possibly my favorite character in the series. It had been hinted subtly throughout, and now it's finally come to fruition, *sigh*

This won't be good . . . .
Jul 4, 2013 10:59 PM
Feb 2011
Reuenthal is definitely one of the most complex characters in the series. A mix of ambition, loyalty, charisma but also righteousness to a fault. If this was Mittermayer being framed, this plot would have failed. But because Reuental is not one to lay down without a fight when he's being framed, this plot sounds likely to succeed. He has great pride in that in the first frame-up, you could tell he was almost challenging the Emperor to punish him for doubting his loyality for even one moment and subconsciously thought that he had no need to 'explain' himself to anyone, even the Emperor.

The presence of the Earth Sect among the traitors is a bit puzzling, but this doesn't look like a plot planned by them but more than they happened to be there. This has Rubinsky written all over it. Reuenthal's mistake is that he thought the ones behind this plot were Oberstein and Lange. Had he known Rubinsky was involved, he never would asked the Emperor to visit him. Obertstein isn't the type to put the Emperor's life at risk like that and Lange lacks the intelligence to execute such a plan so it completely caught him off-guard. Sadly, the only person in the Empire who could clear his name is Oberstein and I suspect he'd rather use this situation to get rid of him then dispose of Lange ASAP before he goes too far again.
Aug 7, 2013 1:42 PM

Jun 2013
This is going to become a tragedy.....
Sep 30, 2013 4:48 PM

Nov 2009
Reuenthal is kind of too . . . Flaky, he decides "If I see an opportunity for power, I'll seize it" ---> Passes up opportunity and decides "I'm no match" ---> Goes, screw it, I'll rebel rather than provide the evidence that this was carried about by Terraists . . . Although I guess the empire doesn't know that Terraists are just brain washed minions.

Anyways I actually don't think defending the Iserlohn Corridor would be beneficial to them, since even w/o Reuenthal, they still have pretty much all of the military might while Julian's group has lost more than half, not to mention while it might seem a good idea to "take advantage of the chaos", this assumes that Reuenthal will be able to convince his fleet to serve under him, and get it all under control rather rapidly (which is unrealistic due to how popular Reinhard is, not too mention the people don't want war for the most part and are fine under Reinhard's rule).

Their seem to be way too many factors leading this to be a swift lost on Reuenthal's part, although of course this will damage the empire and Reinhard quite a bit in the process.
Feb 17, 2014 7:23 AM
Feb 2011
I don't fully understand what made Reuental decide to finally rebel. He had an inkling that it's Lang who's setting him up, but his motivation is not towards purging whoever is scheming against him, but instead to revolt? He's playing well into Rubinsky's scheme! And goodness, I just wish the Terraists will be eradicated soon.
Feb 17, 2014 7:36 AM

Mar 2013
Pride and arrogance. At least that's my take on it.

Sasafune said:
I don't fully understand what made Reuental decide to finally rebel. He had an inkling that it's Lang who's setting him up, but his motivation is not towards purging whoever is scheming against him, but instead to revolt? He's playing well into Rubinsky's scheme! And goodness, I just wish the Terraists will be eradicated soon.
Feb 27, 2014 10:15 AM

Sep 2013
Sasafune said:

I feel like Reuenthal is just so manly in the real meaning of the word. He's someone who would rather die than lose his pride. He honors the Kaiser, but is also himself a man of big ambitions, and therefore his and Kaisers opinions often clash. As often said in LoGH, he was born in wrong time, and was in the shadow of the brightest star: Reinhard.

Take him how you want, I find him a very interesting and awesome character. Someone may not like his sense of pride, I find it very admirable.
Jun 3, 2014 10:58 PM

Apr 2013
And so it begins.

cupc said:
Sasafune said:

I feel like Reuenthal is just so manly in the real meaning of the word. He's someone who would rather die than lose his pride. He honors the Kaiser, but is also himself a man of big ambitions, and therefore his and Kaisers opinions often clash. As often said in LoGH, he was born in wrong time, and was in the shadow of the brightest star: Reinhard.

Take him how you want, I find him a very interesting and awesome character. Someone may not like his sense of pride, I find it very admirable.

Millions will die for the sake of his pride. I don't find that admirable at all, but it fits his character and he really is the only one who can go against the Kaiser.

I hope by the end of this the Earth gets destroyed and all the Terraists are caught.
Aug 12, 2014 4:40 AM

Nov 2013

It's annoying that such a terrible rebellion which is covered in terraist tracks is going to lead to the fall of Reuenthal....
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 21, 2014 6:37 PM

Apr 2009
God, I love Reuenthal. Now that I think of it, he's probably the most interesting character in this show.
I have to applaud the set up because his own pride was utilized against him..
Aug 29, 2014 5:16 AM

Oct 2013
Reuhntal is really strange character. I don’t understand his logic. What is the reason in rebelling?.. because you’re suspected? Hmm..
I think this is the case showing, what Reuenthal truly wanted. If you were really loyal to your Emperor, you would never even think that way.
And speech about his pride and loyalty, that he would never accept being suspected twice etc. Reuenthal was just searching for reasons to explain his selfish actions.

"First of all, why should i, when i'm innocent, explain myself so frantically and obsequiously" Too much pride for one person

And finally i will see Yulian in action soon. I thought after Yan deaths he is going to become a 'big person' immediately. But i like how it turned out, so i don't know what to expect from him.
Nov 16, 2014 1:33 PM

Mar 2012
Freaking Terraists messing shit up again. This faction/cult really gets on my dam nerves.
Dec 17, 2014 9:57 AM

Oct 2013
We already know that Reuental is going to lose this battle from what that announcer has said in previous episodes.
Dec 23, 2014 5:48 PM

Jul 2014
Reuenthal is such a complex character. I hate seeing him forced into a corner like that. But even in such fucked up predicament he remains stead strong.
Jan 7, 2015 4:02 PM

Jan 2014
And so it begins.

Of course it was inevitable, but I am waiting for the time when Rubinsky and De Villier's plans are exposed.
The situation was set up well for Reuental to rebel, and it seems that that is what the Kaiser wanted even subconsciously when he gave Reuental such power. Now he can relish battle once more.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 3, 2015 1:00 PM

Nov 2012
So sad, I love Reuenthal.
Jaywalker.
Mar 14, 2015 3:35 PM

Aug 2014
I liked that Reuntal hasn't completely turned on them and he might try to explain the situation.
Apr 13, 2015 10:10 AM

Apr 2013
Even if Reuental didn't betray Kaiser, he had to protech Kaiser but he SOMEHOW didn't do so? But Reuental doesn't even mention why and how this happened and doesn't even try to solidify his case. Neither does Mittermayer investigate any further.

Reuental could at least clear his name before uprising. His name will be a stain in history now. How is this any logical? I get Reuental is an ambitious man but in my opinion there's far too great things between them for him to betray Kaiser in one way or the other. I don't get this lust for taking over the universe either. He is, quoting narrator, the second strongest man in universe. Why does he need to do such a thing? He doesn't really have much of an ambition in other things either. He isn't a greedy man, he isn't a power hungry man more than his current state. Why must he take over the universe? I find myself more passionate on certain things than Reuental but even I wouldn't want to take over universe IF the person above me was in the same page with me; meaning, he isn't blocking anything I aim to do. In my case those would be scientific advancement, betterment of life, etc. Reuental doesn't have anything that he can't do while Kaiser is in reign as far as I'm concerned. So I think this is just another way for the writer to find an excuse for crippling the Empire.

Grillpalzer didn't add this to his report for an UNKNOWN reason? What the fuck?! How is this not lazy writing now? Pulling shit like this all the time.

It is almost certain that Reuental will die. Because narrator mentioned Reuental and Mittermayer will never drink together. I hope he is just exiled, but most likely not. It's just sad. So cheap life is.
Open to chat about any storytelling related subject as long as it's clever and respectful.
Myanimelist
Apr 13, 2015 3:26 PM

Sep 2014
Prequel said:
Even if Reuental didn't betray Kaiser, he had to protech Kaiser but he SOMEHOW didn't do so? But Reuental doesn't even mention why and how this happened and doesn't even try to solidify his case. Neither does Mittermayer investigate any further.

Reuental could at least clear his name before uprising. His name will be a stain in history now. How is this any logical? I get Reuental is an ambitious man but in my opinion there's far too great things between them for him to betray Kaiser in one way or the other. I don't get this lust for taking over the universe either. He is, quoting narrator, the second strongest man in universe. Why does he need to do such a thing? He doesn't really have much of an ambition in other things either. He isn't a greedy man, he isn't a power hungry man more than his current state. Why must he take over the universe? I find myself more passionate on certain things than Reuental but even I wouldn't want to take over universe IF the person above me was in the same page with me; meaning, he isn't blocking anything I aim to do. In my case those would be scientific advancement, betterment of life, etc. Reuental doesn't have anything that he can't do while Kaiser is in reign as far as I'm concerned. So I think this is just another way for the writer to find an excuse for crippling the Empire.

Grillpalzer didn't add this to his report for an UNKNOWN reason? What the fuck?! How is this not lazy writing now? Pulling shit like this all the time.

It is almost certain that Reuental will die. Because narrator mentioned Reuental and Mittermayer will never drink together. I hope he is just exiled, but most likely not. It's just sad. So cheap life is.

Just keep watching
Jun 5, 2015 12:19 AM
Nov 2014
Great developments on Reuental and damn it looks like he is gonna be forced into a fight with Reinhard.
Jun 18, 2015 12:58 PM

May 2011
This episode was the ultimate payoff for Oskar being your favourite character.

The twists and turns from here that I am sensing shall be legendary.
Jun 21, 2015 2:10 PM

May 2012
Impressive development! Looking forward to see what's next.
Jul 9, 2015 11:12 PM
Jun 2014
Since Yang's death this show has been going downhill and it's testing my patience. These characters have given up all of their intelligence. It is bloody clear that the Terraists have been behind basically everything and they don't even care to stop them. It makes absolutely no sense.
Jul 25, 2015 4:29 AM

Dec 2013
Looks like it's gonna be a battle of prides! Damn I loved Reuental's character in this episode!
Jul 25, 2015 6:29 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
myronator said:
Since Yang's death this show has been going downhill and it's testing my patience. These characters have given up all of their intelligence. It is bloody clear that the Terraists have been behind basically everything and they don't even care to stop them. It makes absolutely no sense.

They just blew up their base; how can they track them down now?

It's sad how Reuental chooses his pride just to play in the enemy's hands. Another tragic chapter will unfold..
Aug 15, 2015 3:58 AM

Feb 2008
Qatami said:
We already know that Reuental is going to lose this battle from what that announcer has said in previous episodes.

Or maybe things get more tragic, and Reuental actually ends up killing Mittermeyer.

myronator said:

Konev and his crew were already investigating the Terrarists.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 16, 2015 1:08 AM
Apr 2008
This show has gotten stupid as heck. Reuental's illogical "reasoning", and Grillpalzer's withholding information about his investigations. WTF? I'm terribly disappointed now.
Jan 29, 2016 2:07 PM

Nov 2013
Goes to show how incredibly stupid one can act just out of pride. It feels like both Reuental and Reinhard kind of subconciously wanted this conflict to happen because they were both so bored about not having a war... And it also feels like Reinhard would have done something just as stupid in the same situation, because he too is a man of pride...

Cannot neglect the possibility of Reuental having some thought behind all this though, but it seems hard to believe considering everything...
Jan 29, 2016 9:24 PM

Dec 2012
Even though I don't want to see Reuenthal and Reinhard clash, I can't help but feel that this is a mutual development between two battle starved warriors. Peace suits neither man, as it's been shown that Reinhard and Reuenthal shine the brightest in combat. In that sense, Reuenthal is really the only force left in the universe who can give quench Reinhard's peace induced boredom and I think Reinhard feels the same way at this point. It's tragic, but moreso because this is the only way these men know how to live.
Jun 24, 2016 5:37 PM

Aug 2014
93 episodes and Trunith is still not dead yet? Fucking amazing...
Jul 11, 2016 10:39 PM

May 2016
live2win said:
Wicked twist of fate indeed. Reuenthal doesn't have much options left and he's a man full of pride first and foremost.

GunDumb90 said:
Did anyone find the scene of Reuental being naked with Mittermeyer just plain creepy?

That's supposed to be his mother and her lover.

OMG THAT MADE MY NIGHT, AT FIRST I WAS LIKE HUH NAKED WHERE?

BUT THEN ... WHAT YOU DID THERE, I SAW IT.
"ドSではない。迢ドSだ." - 蘇芳先生、月華撩乱 Romance

Jul 11, 2016 10:46 PM

May 2016
Kryptiq said:
93 episodes and Trunith is still not dead yet? Fucking amazing...

Watch, he'll probably be the last one standing at the end of the series............. I wouldn't be surprised, but I'd be pissed as hell.
"ドSではない。迢ドSだ." - 蘇芳先生、月華撩乱 Romance

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.