Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 8, 2011 6:42 PM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

A nice one I'd say...more like some continuation of the seris, than a movie ^^
EnjyuJul 10, 2017 7:19 PM
Jul 18, 2011 9:11 AM
Jul 2011
I liked this movie actually, but the end battle was kind of corny. The "Its Love" song during the credits, oh my gosh! I heard it when I was little and I searched all over for it, I'm so glad I found it ^o^
Jun 3, 2012 1:12 PM
Apr 2011
The one thing i'll say about it is the fact that Akane was just useless during this, She was kidnapped, her family and friends beaten and held captive and she still was nice to her captor and then was willing to go through with the wedding...
May 26, 2013 3:28 PM

Sep 2012
I liked the movie, but i wished there were more Ukyo T_T But it had it funny moments =D
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Sep 8, 2014 6:19 AM
Sep 2014
yeahh... i really hate akane..
her father came all the way for her, dumped in the sea, getting beaten etc etc but she still actin all nice to her kidnapper because ranma makes her angry..
what a b1tch.
if i were ranma, i would choose either ukyo or shampoo all the way.
Mar 15, 2017 6:33 AM

Feb 2013
Not a bad movie.
I especially liked seeing Jasmine beat Happosai.

bubblin said:
yeahh... i really hate akane..
her father came all the way for her, dumped in the sea, getting beaten etc etc but she still actin all nice to her kidnapper because ranma makes her angry..
what a b1tch.
if i were ranma, i would choose either ukyo or shampoo all the way.

Lol, the TV series without Ukyo and Shampoo and even Kodachi would have been a masterpiece, those girls ruined it.
And the prince wasn't a bad guy at all, Ranma is stupid anyway, he doesn't deserve to be with Akane.
Jul 3, 2017 5:38 AM
Jul 2016
yea i really hate that bitch akane not only is she useless everyone came to save her yet she was nice to the one who hurt her friends and she was ok with the wedding because ranma said the truth that her cooking if that poison can be called food will kill them and i hate how even after all this time she believes ranma is a pervert who is interested in her underwear come on bitch you've been with him for so long you should know he is not like that. I really can't understand why ranma loves this annoying useless woman i fucking hate her. he should had choosen either shampoo or ukyo even kodachi is a better choice than that stupid akane . Akane doesnt deserve ranma she ruins the show !!!! and i really hate how men fall in love with her for no reason or if they have a reason it is total bullshit she is not even pretty she is not strong and she cant even cookso why fall in love with her?? i can understand why ryoga loves her and his love for her is not annoying but the rest including ranma have no reason to love her
otakugirl10Jul 3, 2017 5:42 AM
Mar 7, 2020 2:30 PM

Nov 2016
It's always fun when all the characters are coming together in the most contrived way imagineable.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 18, 2020 2:41 PM

Nov 2015
heh i forgot about this character https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ranma_%C2%BD_characters#Tsubasa_Kurenai He was funny shift shaping into that billboard!

Er.. even if Lychee got it, why would she marry a jerk monarch that speaks in a snobbish class conscious and only eats pickled vegetables? maybe she didn't figure it out yet but seems shallow of her, only suffering awaits her chained to that piece of crap martial artist! xD
wildhood said:
Thank God this isn't canon.
Berry-VodkaSep 15, 2022 8:17 AM

💢

Jul 27, 2021 1:21 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty standard movie with a "damsel in distress" plot. At least the Ranma characters made it a bit more fun.
Jul 3, 2022 9:42 PM

Jan 2018
I watched the Blu-ray version of the movie. I hate how Blu-ray editions of these old movies force a 16:9 aspect ratio. It looks terrible zoomed in. The movie's meant to be seen in 4:3 like the TV series, not this abomination.

Anyways, a good movie, I guess. A lot of things don't make sense, like how Ranma got a hot spring running inside the pagoda in the final fight, but that's just the series in general. I loved how Happosai got an excellent beating throughout.

Akane gets a lot of unnecessary hate but in this movie, she honestly acted like a hoe. Why in the world did she agree to marry that chump? Sure Ranma can be insufferable but that doesn't mean she has to get together with her kidnapper!

I would've liked to see more Ukyo and Shampoo though I don't believe they're as good as Akane.
Aug 4, 2022 6:10 AM
Dec 2013
This Lychee bitch really pissed me off. Shouldn't have thrown the fucking scroll like an idiot. Also hate how Lychee and the Prince still got together in the end, despite being a rude asshole to her in the beginning. Why the fuck would you still be interested in an idiot like him after all that? Because he's a prince? Because that's all she cares about? Lychee was a fucking useless character. Why should anything good happen to her? Why should a bitch like her be rewarded? She isn't anyone special afaik, and she had been acting like a brat the entire movie. She doesn't acknowledge the fact that she was the one who threw the scroll, and she kept kicking the other characters off her boat, who were trying to save Akane. How did she get a happy ending after all that? From what I've seen, she doesn't deserve a happy ending. Akane was pretty annoying too, being all nice to the person who kidnapped her! And she was even about to marry him! wtf! You barely even know him!

Also, fuck you Ranma for calling that guy a shrimp. Of course this movie made the main character be a dickhead who makes fun of people's heights. Not cool. Thank God this isn't canon. Because this is one of the most infuriating anime movies I've ever seen.
wildhoodSep 15, 2022 5:35 PM
Jan 17, 2023 9:58 PM

Dec 2021
... I think I might have watched this? Like really, I am pretty damn sure I watched this, because I know I watched the main series, and all of the OVAs, and even the fucking live action special, so there's no way I skipped it. Then again, I didn't even remember marketing material for this existing in the US, until somebody (KaiserBeamz) specifically mentioned that they were advertisements that would play on various Pokémon VHS cassettes at the absolute end of each tape. I guess this movie was just that unimpactful for me.😑
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Feb 15, 2023 3:38 PM

Sep 2020
It was ok, not a good Ranma movie though. Seemed like they were trying to parody battle shounens but it just didn't work out as the story wasn't interesting enough. Would've been better off if they ran with the idea of Akane's cooking being good and she changed the Nekonron's rules/way of life, and Akane agreeing to marry Kirin because he appreciated it (and make Ranma jealous). But they threw all that out in a flash for nothing worthwhile.

7/10
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Oct 5, 2023 4:11 AM

May 2015
Kirin really held the same bowl of rice for several days and including underwater. A man dedicated to his only food source of rice and pickled veggies. The movie was ok. I liked the intro gag of everyone running through town.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.