Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2011 11:51 AM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aug 26, 2011 4:51 PM

Jul 2010
SOOOO MUCH TENSION!!!! i love it, this is just getting better, for som reason its reminding me of death note now.

Nov 9, 2011 10:03 PM

Mar 2009
Oh, man. Hisoka's up to his old tricks again. Killua's brother is getting involved now.

Yeah. Intense episode.
Dec 8, 2011 1:36 PM

Jul 2009
I love how dark and interesting the storyline is compared to 99% of shounen anime. Kurapica is such a great character compared to other anti-hero types like Sasuke.
Aug 1, 2014 8:17 AM

Dec 2012
That's how you negotiate with terrorists. Everything on Kurapika's end is thoroughly thought out but the unknown element of whether or not the Troupe will choose Chrollo over the spider is making this that much more heart pounding. I love how HxH is able to mix humor into these extremely suspenseful situations, such as when Kurapika kept telling off Phinks.
Sep 27, 2015 6:58 PM

Oct 2010
Zell182 said:
I love how dark and interesting the storyline is compared to 99% of shounen anime. Kurapica is such a great character compared to other anti-hero types like Sasuke.

Precisely this. Pakunoda is also written very well in this version.
Dec 14, 2016 11:06 PM

May 2009
Idk, you'd think Kurapika would care about Gon and Killua a little more. Can't believe Leorio had to stop him
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Jan 16, 2017 5:40 PM
Jul 2012
Zell182 said:

Togashi Yoshihiro really knows how to make compelling stories and characters, in a medium that has steadily produced more flash than substance. I feel like I have to check out Level E once I finish this HxH run...

fiane said:

Precisely this. Pakunoda is also written very well in this version.

While this is true, it is hard to beat Phinks, who is always so darn entertaining!
Jun 6, 2017 5:14 PM

May 2012
This sure is getting quite interesting! Let's see what will happen in the next episode.
Nov 29, 2017 2:53 PM

Mar 2016
There are no words to describe the events in this episode. Every event just fit and each action the character took just makes me wonder. What will happen next?

That is why the next episode must be watched!
Apr 1, 2018 10:04 PM

Sep 2017
Don't really get why they don't follow the boss orders to let boss die for the spider. That spectacles girl said not to disobey orders yet she is directly disobeying one. (Choose the spider over the life of the boss)Don't know what is gonna happen.

Lucifer is however cool. He is composed and acts like this is just a piece of cake. And Hisoka and Zoldyck appear in this episode. I am calling it. Paku is gonna die in the next episode or so. Then that katana guy and the strings girl.

Kurapika knows that choosing the life of his teammates over the life of the boss will still get them all killed. After all, they are messing with the phantom troupe. You don't get second chances to kill the spiders. If it were me, I would ensure the same thing: The teammates are still safe, however, if it comes to a decision, then the boss's life would be chosen. There may be not much you would have achieved by then, but at least you would have killed the boss(at the cost of everyone''s lives). Kurapika isolating Paku was a good call on his part.
JeremiahOrangeApr 1, 2018 10:08 PM

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Nov 9, 2018 2:49 AM

Apr 2013
This episode still felt pretty dragged out. I wonder if Senritsu actually knows what they are doing so far away from her.
Feb 6, 2020 5:46 AM
Apr 2016
The way Kurapika hanged up was funny hahaha. Well, what can I even say... Kurapika has full control over the situation. Seeing slightly inside Chrollo's mind was also a wonderful sight, despite it also being a pretty scary one.
May 14, 2022 4:27 PM

Feb 2015
The scene of Pakunoda walking to find a safe place was eternal. It seems like the members have different opinions, for Nobunaga and Pakunoda their boss’ life is very important, the other members would sacrifice him to kill Kurapika without hesitation, even Chrollo would choose to kill himself. Lucky that Pakunoda is a sentimental person towards Chrollo, or at least she cares enough, if not, Gon and Killua would be dead, but there are many things at risk.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter OVA Episode 4 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 7, 2010

23 by ASR09 »»
Nov 4, 2023 8:27 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter OVA Episode 5 Discussion

Grimmm - Mar 5, 2010

21 by bruh98hy89 »»
Sep 30, 2023 2:06 PM

» Even as a 2011 fan, this is some of the best I've seen from the series.

removed-user - Dec 13, 2022

9 by removed-user »»
Dec 15, 2022 3:50 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter OVA Episode 7 Discussion

deuchi - Jan 8, 2011

17 by giffica »»
Nov 20, 2022 4:32 PM

» Re-translated: Hunter x Hunter OVAs

HunterOVA - Jan 12, 2015

2 by theMario3721 »»
Nov 18, 2022 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.