Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 10, 2011 8:09 PM

Feb 2008
after watching this, i an convinced that the "light" took a body part from everyone and created Lag. the memories of his mother is probably Gouche's. the empty frames were probably memories that were destroyed or not relevant. the question is, why was he made?
Jan 11, 2011 5:32 AM

Aug 2008
FINALLY GAUCHE IS BACK!!

tears of joy =((

the artificial sun thing is creepy btw o_O
Jan 11, 2011 9:53 AM

Aug 2010
somthing I forgot to mention before
not spoilering but Balor- the commander from the capital- is the same person who took Lag's mother ( only in manga in first chapter)

Is it only me or the eye that's been taken from all the people is the right eye which the sun doesn't have !
I'm pretty sure now after watching the sun calling Mother that Lag is related somehow to that artificial sun . and don't forget that he has the right eye and the sun has the left
Jan 19, 2011 8:12 PM

Mar 2009
Envy?!

Eerie episode.
Jan 20, 2011 3:11 PM

May 2008
Great episode, I loved it a lot~ Finally Gauche is back to normal though I don't think he'll remain with them for long. I'm getting overy exited now, I guess I should catch up with the manga~
I don't really like the new OP animation though the song by Suga Shikao is great. But I loved the new ending song~
Jan 22, 2011 10:47 AM

Dec 2007
I think everyone needs to calm the fuck down, step back and take a look at what's really important here.

Thunderland rockin' the rockabilly look.
Jan 23, 2011 12:24 PM

Jan 2009
New OP/ED doesn't fit at all.
Previous OP was the best OP so far (season 1 included), and the first ED in season 1 was the best one so far.
As for the episode, oho so you woke up at last Noir Gauche.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 27, 2011 7:06 AM
Jul 2010
Didn't like the OP/ED that much (previous ones were way better) but the ending animation sure was cute (chibi Lag and Niche <3).

As for the episode... It was great. Best one so far. Even though I was overloaded with information. I think the airship (Progre) was made in order to get those people to look at the sun. Just that. The sun is made of human heart according to... Roda? (I don't really remember if she was the one to say it but someone did, I'm sure of it.) That's why Reverse is trying to have the Gaichuu eat it. According to Houdai, the light had been getting weaker before Progre's construction was completed. All of the people who looked at the sun when it flickered lost a part of their heart (along with a part of their body, which I don't quite understand...). Then the sun returned to normal. I don't know what the sun is (really, that thing was scary) but I think the parts of the heart of those people that were taken away are the reason it still shines and the government constructed that airship in order to feed the sun with "heart".

Then we have Lag. How is it connected with the sun? He was born in the day of the flicker and is heart is now overflowing with memories that aren't his. Could it be that those are the memories that were taken away from those who saw the sun flicker?

Besides all that info... Aria was pretty cool right there^^ And that scene with Gauche getting back was... heartwarming. And Roda is in next episode's preview so she's fine. This season is so much better than the first one...
Mar 27, 2011 7:14 AM

May 2009
nextday said:
New OP wasn't good at all. It had a ton of reused animation and it lacked flow.
Oosran said:
New OP doesn't fit at all.
Dusk252 said:
Didn't like the OP that much
Don't worry. This was just something they threw together because of lack of time/budget or something. The opening gets completely new animation in episode 18 and it's really, really good. And the music grows on you, at least it did for me.
Apr 24, 2011 8:44 AM

Jul 2009
Finally! After over 30 episodes Gauche is back. I hope that Roda will come back too :3

Also new ED is awesome!
Sep 3, 2011 12:06 AM

Oct 2009
So the Sun might be a Gaichu(?) that has something to with Lag or something like that :\ and the Sun is powered by heart, that's the reason the Govt sent the airship?

And i get a feeling Gauche isn't "fully" back either..

New OP song is great but too much re-used animation, ED animation great, don't like the song much..
Mar 2, 2012 10:07 PM

Jul 2011
The opening song is not bad. Just terrible for Tegami Bachi?

The ending song is win!! Not really for Tegami Bachi either, but it works.

Gauche...

So... what the hell is Lag? So creepy. Like Niche's sister said, Lag isn't human... what is he then? If his heart is at max power... maybe it's because he stole other people's hearts? Geez. I love Tegami Bachi!!

kisami said:
after watching this, i an convinced that the "light" took a body part from everyone and created Lag. the memories of his mother is probably Gouche's. the empty frames were probably memories that were destroyed or not relevant. the question is, why was he made?

Why didn't I think of that?? It makes sense! With all the talk about "mom" and Lag not being human...

Ahhh mind explosion.

AND. The singer for the opening is the same singer for Tegami Bachi OP1 (first season). I knew he sounded familiar. XD
MirorinMar 2, 2012 10:34 PM
Aug 29, 2012 6:45 AM

Aug 2010
but the OP had so much recycled animation it was annoying.

agree...i liek the OP but those recycled scenes don't go well with it....
the ED is really great love it so much...

saxophone15 said:
How awesome was that. This show is really starting to move and I'm getting excited.

me too it's getting more exciting episode after the other....
this season much better than teh first....
we got to know so much during this episode but at the same time new questions and mysteries came out...
those twins are really cool i think their third brother died shortly after the incident...

fayotaku said:

Is it only me or the eye that's been taken from all the people is the right eye which the sun doesn't have !
I'm pretty sure now after watching the sun calling Mother that Lag is related somehow to that artificial sun . and don't forget that he has the right eye and the sun has the left

i though the same exact thing the sun toke the survives right eyes but all the twins lost both eyes....
i'm sure about that too and let's not forget that Lag was born on that same day and Niche's sister saying he's not human....
Apr 10, 2013 8:06 PM
Aug 2011
Some crazy shit going on with that artificial sun.

Young Thunderland ahahaha, he was a little badass.

Gauche:* wakes up* Lag is that you?
Me: *heart breaks*
Feb 19, 2015 7:34 PM

Nov 2014
What a touching episode!! =,D
BlackFox24Feb 19, 2015 8:33 PM
Apr 24, 2015 12:55 PM

Dec 2012
Man, that was really something. That looked like a deranged fetus inside the artificial sun. They said it's been 12 years since that day, I wonder if that was the result of Lag's birth.

That end scene was really heartwarming although a bit melancholic considering what the man said. It's also strange how Gauche said "Are you Lag Seeing? How I've longed to meet you." Something tells me his heart isn't full recovered.

Loving the new OP and ED, Tegami Bachi always delivers on these.
Aug 25, 2019 12:59 AM

Dec 2009
the OP/ED doesn't fit the show at all, don't like... want old ones back.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tegami Bachi Reverse Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 26, 2011

72 by VoiVoi »»
Aug 29, 2019 11:17 AM

Poll: » Tegami Bachi Reverse Episode 12 Discussion

Akihiro209 - Dec 18, 2010

34 by euls »»
Aug 9, 2019 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tegami Bachi Reverse Episode 24 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 19, 2011

22 by SenChen »»
Sep 2, 2018 2:06 PM

Poll: » Tegami Bachi Reverse Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2011

17 by SenChen »»
Sep 1, 2018 9:44 AM

Poll: » Tegami Bachi Reverse Episode 19 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 12, 2011

19 by SenChen »»
Aug 27, 2018 1:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.