Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jan 7, 2011 10:17 PM

For the eyecatch, they always say "Clara" and "Tequila". Is Tequila supposed to be another jellyfish, or is it just some random word?

Jan 9, 2011 10:49 AM
I actually came here wondering the same thing and looking for an answer. lol

I didn't finish watching the anime yet, so maybe I'm missing something.

Jan 10, 2011 5:04 PM

lmao!

I wanna know the same thing! xD
hi

Jan 12, 2011 11:26 AM
Count me as another person who wondered why they said "Tequila!" I thought maybe it was just supposed to be funny.

Jan 13, 2011 1:36 AM
If only we could do a Q&A with the producers or Brains Base... for now, I'll just constantly chuckle and wonder why "Tequila!" of all words to pick for a rhyme. XD

Jan 14, 2011 7:32 PM

Funny thing is, I didn't get it at all and so I showed it to my mom, and between her and my dad they remembered XD It's a reference to a song from the 70's, which was mostly instrumental but contained one single lyric repeated throughout: "tequila." I guess the style was similar enough to the miniature music bit in that eyecatch to make the reference clear to everybody old enough to get it.
Modified by OtakuLiz, Jan 17, 2011 9:00 AM
That which does not kill us... still hurts like bloody hell.
Gee, thanks, Nietzsche.

Jan 23, 2011 7:28 PM

I thought it was just random and they kinda rhyme.

Jan 23, 2011 7:44 PM
OtakuLiz said:
Funny thing is, I didn't get it at all and so I showed it to my mom, and between her and my dad they remembered XD It's a reference to a song from the 70's, which was mostly instrumental but contained one single lyric repeated throughout: "tequila." I guess the style was similar enough to the miniature music bit in that eyecatch to make the reference clear to everybody old enough to get it.

You mean this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWAwRonlRAI&feature=related

Geez, people need to ask their parents about this? I'm only 19 and I know this song.

Feb 9, 2011 3:37 PM

I didn't catch the possible reference (though I know the song), but for reasons unknown it cracks me up big time. I don't know if it's the fact that it sounds a bit like 'tequira' or that the voice is so...GAR. Or something. I DON'T KNOW. But I laugh every time.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)

Mar 2, 2011 5:45 PM
i loved the way they said clara and tequila

Mar 30, 2011 8:27 AM

chinlamp said:
OtakuLiz said:

You mean this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWAwRonlRAI&feature=related

Geez, people need to ask their parents about this? I'm only 19 and I know this song.

I'm also 19 and I know this song.. but it didn't cross my mind that it might be from this song.. I thought it was random..

I hope that they'll explain it..=)
it always made me smile when the say clara and tequila..XD

Jul 27, 2011 2:55 PM

I could indeed be from that song.
It didn't come to mind when watching the anime, but when you said it could be from a song I knew immediatly which one you ment. ^^

We can't change the world with Anime...

…but we'll try

Vote for your favorite K-ON songs here

Nov 8, 2012 6:55 AM

I also thought that it was random! Perhaps it was for the rhyme, but as mentioned, it's also possible it could be from that song! It is so catchy! Every single time I'd also say "Clara" then "Tequila"!

Jan 9, 2013 12:38 AM

thanks for clearing that up :D

always wonder about those CM XD

Jan 14, 2015 6:06 AM
I've seen one episode with a different sub (can't remember which one tho, otherwise I'd look it up) which always used "Kirara" instead of "Clara" which is (i think) a pun of "kurage" (meaning jellyfish) and "Clara" as a nickname for - well - Clara.
And if I recall correctly, that sub also used a different word instead of "Tequila". Sheeesh, I've got to look it up, "Clara" and "Tequila" just feel so wrong in a japanese show imho

Preview MangaManga Store