Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 9, 2011 2:42 AM

Feb 2010
lol nice ep no censoring :D and lot of blood better then expected.
Jan 9, 2011 4:58 AM

Jun 2008
Charliehsv said:
The male lead is fucking annoying already. Other than that it wasn't bad at all.

Yeah another pussy annoying fagot for main lead. Japanese boys must be pathetic. Anime would have been so much better with real males. Why do girls get to be presented with many variables and cool sexy badass females and males get those fagots for representation?

GreatRumbler said:
imnotamused said:
It's like people complaining about Aika having fan service when one of it's main purposes is fan service.

People are complaining because the series would be better if they didn't have a panty shot every two seconds.

Also people aren't obliged to have read the manwa and know this a fanservise story. They judge the story as they see it and they see that if it was less focus on the ecchi and more on the events it would have been better.
It would be stupid to still be complaining after a few episodes since you should already realize what the show is about but certainly not in the first episode.

I like seeing my share of fanservise too but i don't like it when it takes from the story and this is what it did in this episode. They just put a few scenes too many. Basically it would have been better without the last scene with the naked girl and the panty shot of the blond along with breast hugging.

Anyway i liked the whole core and fighting aspect of it. IF ONLY IT WASN'T ANOTHER SCHOOL ACADEMY!
The show seems that it could be entertaining even if it is on the ecchi side(although it could have been epic if it focused on drama, bloody scenes, emotions and the fight with the Aliens) as long as the story doesn't fall to the ridiculous side from the slightly serious tone it possessed now.

Btw WTF! was with that 4:3 analysis? And it was obviously cutting the image short. Or was it just the one i saw? It's 2011 for Christ sakes, wtf is that? Or is it that stupid trick to make viewers buy the Blu-Ray. News flash idiots, the ones who will like the show and intend to buy it they would have bought it anyway. Someone that has no intention of buying, is not gonna buy it to see the 1/4 of the panty shot that was missing.
Jan 9, 2011 6:35 AM

Sep 2010
I hope the anime isn't like the manga, and I really hope the male lead starts acting a bit more manly, and quickly too.
Jan 9, 2011 8:52 AM

Jun 2010
-Lunacie said:
Ugh, they had to have some stupid reason to add a wimpy, annoying male lead, just like Claymore. I didn't like this though, the characters and the art were bland, and I kept having to rewatch some of the explanation parts so I would know what was going on.. p:

Kazuya is basically exactly like Raki. Later he is doing more crap, but no spoilers.
Jan 9, 2011 8:53 AM

Aug 2010
Lots of nice action, brutal fighting which I like, I hate when the fighting is censored in any way. I wasn't really bothered by the fanservice, I mean it is what it is. The action and story are interesting enough for me to look over those things right now.
Jan 9, 2011 9:18 AM

May 2010
This reminded me of Elfen Lied, HOTD and Seikon no Qwaser.

Good start but I hope it doesn't fail in the next eps.

Gore and violence is very welcome but not with the fanservice.
Jan 9, 2011 9:42 AM
Dec 2007
Great music and animation and on top of that, the script is good for this kind of anime. The fanservice's a bit too much but I can endure as long as the series remains this good. Oh and Mamiko Noto too, so I'm kind interested in seeing the second ep.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 9, 2011 10:12 AM

Sep 2008
Hopefully they will Air this on AT-X.

Then we will get to see this with little censoring before it's on DVD.
Jan 9, 2011 10:17 AM

Jun 2009
D- dat OP... must have full version of it... щ(゚Д゚щ)

Other than that, this episode certainly was, and the rest should be exactly like i wanted Freezing anime to be. Fanservice is like it should be, gore's also pretty good (no lol-blood like in Togainu : D), bgm is rather nice and fitting, and seiyuu did decent job. Not sure about Satella's one though, heard too little of her. I know Noto Mamiko should do a good job, but i'm not sure if it'll fit Satella.
Well, should be fun wathing this animated.

Oh, and stop bitching about Kazuya being wimpy, cuz he'll prove to be better than 50% of male leads in anime. Kthx. ┐('~`;)┌
OrochiPLJan 9, 2011 11:37 AM
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 9, 2011 10:49 AM

Jan 2011
Yea like some other people have mentioned, I was definitely getting a Sekirei meets Elfen Lied vibe from this first episode, which isn't a bad thing for me, so I'll continue to watch. Bridgette definitely has a Tsukiumi resemblance things going on with her looks and Tsundere-ish personality. Lets hope unlike Tsukiumi & Minato, she won't be trying to get laid by her young master anytime soon.
Jan 9, 2011 11:24 AM
May 2010
FAN SERVICE GETS ME IN TROUBLE !!!
Jan 9, 2011 12:15 PM

Oct 2009
Jan 9, 2011 12:27 PM
Jun 2010
well i m readin te manga and i have to say that in comparation with it, the anime is not as good, the art work is not that good, the characters look like they are fat and the main guy his face looks awful, but the animation i have to say its good, as same as the quality of colors. but lacks of reality of characters, another thing that i m impress is the brutality, i knew that it had a lot of blood but the anime is not brutal in the manga u didnt see them fight to that extend just for a test. u would see that they d kick each others ass, but not that brutal.
well the last thing is that witht he first episode i was a little disappointed, cuz i know the manga, i know that its potencial is a lot bigger than what they achive with this episode.

haha this is a quite long explanation, dont u think?
badges
Jan 9, 2011 12:39 PM

Sep 2009
Charliehsv said:
The male lead is fucking annoying already. Other than that it wasn't bad at all.

All I can say is that i despise the main male lead. Is it too much to ask to give the main male lead a personality, and whats with the blushing at every character. Hasn't he seen any girls before ?

i knew that the kid had a sister complex but for f*** sack she died years ago, hugging whatever her name blond chick and crying pissed me off.
Jan 9, 2011 1:32 PM

Jan 2010
A little confused here, am I missing something or did Pandoras kill each other off in the anime...? The manga had them fighting a bit, but slashing the vitals, like the neck, straight down the body, etc didn't happen in the manga...?
Jan 9, 2011 1:40 PM

Oct 2010
AngelicFeces said:
I... barely understood what the fuck was going on.

Here let me explain to you, Aliens invading Tokyo, Carnival going on to train at the most extremes levels the Pandoras and info on what Partners of Pandoras do as well as Pandoras themselves. In general that's what is more or less going on.
Zensational said:
One thing I don't understand is why the Bridgette was killing all those girls, seems like it's good to keep your fighters alive anyway (I understand the part about their fast healing abilities but I don't think it works when they are dead), seems like a waste of soldiers in their training exercises.
You failed to understand that the Carnival is the extreme tournament to determine rank and to train the girls. Satellizer is after only a grade 2, grade 1 is what anyone female would be aiming being at the academy. It was already said that death is always around when the fight with Novas happen. Regardless the girls are just incapacitated, they will survive as long as their healing is activated.
Alviss14 said:
Well it feel likes Claymore + Strike Witches to me lol
Claymore - the ranking and stuff for the warrior
Strike Witches - killing alien beings by destroying the core (n the fanservice)
Nice thinking about Strike Witches, guess I did not see that correlation.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 9, 2011 2:16 PM

Dec 2007
Huh, I wasn't expecting the first episode to serve as a prologue of sorts. In the manga, the story starts out with Kazuya hugging Bridgette, with only a mention of the Carnival. But this episode showed us the Carnival before getting to the part where the manga started. Interesting.

But you guys don't seem to know Bridgette's personality. She couldn't slash down Kazuya because he used Freezing. But she would slash him down if she expected it and was given the chance. She's really crazy about not wanting people to touch her (although she's really just a tsundere deep down).

And for the one questioning why the girls were even fighting each other in the first place, the Carnival determines the student ranking in each year. The purpose isn't to kill each other; but Bridgette always takes things too far. >_> (And it helps the girls that there's regeneration technology as a copout.)

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Jan 9, 2011 3:54 PM

Jun 2010
Another useless male lead.

Jan 9, 2011 4:03 PM

Apr 2010
That was shit. Everything in this episode was random as fuck, gonna give this show another episode, if it doesn't fix what happened in this episode or improve on it's narrative then this Anime can go to hell. The animation was really nice, but the random ecchi and nudity is just plain annoying, there seems to be no plot in this episode either... which is why i'm deciding to give this a second chance.
Jan 9, 2011 6:09 PM

Dec 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
You failed to understand that the Carnival is the extreme tournament to determine rank and to train the girls. Satellizer is after only a grade 2, grade 1 is what anyone female would be aiming being at the academy. It was already said that death is always around when the fight with Novas happen. Regardless the girls are just incapacitated, they will survive as long as their healing is activated.

Satellizer is grade 2 as in class, not status. It's still a school, and she's in the second year. And while the girls would normally be incapacitated, Satellizer goes for the kill no matter who it is, if you didn't notice. You don't call slicing through jugulars incapacitation. That's called killing, or at least trying to kill.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Jan 9, 2011 6:50 PM

Apr 2010
4:3?

What year is this?
Jan 9, 2011 8:05 PM
Jan 2009
I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't expect much from this by the synopsis but it's off to a good start in my book. Lots of action!
Jan 9, 2011 11:02 PM

Jan 2010
LOLZ OMG THIS IS SO DEEP
Jan 9, 2011 11:35 PM

Oct 2010
Seeker said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Satellizer is grade 2 as in class, not status. It's still a school, and she's in the second year. And while the girls would normally be incapacitated, Satellizer goes for the kill no matter who it is, if you didn't notice. You don't call slicing through jugulars incapacitation. That's called killing, or at least trying to kill.
Can't really deny your comment but Satellizer is very violent and rude in regards to, don't touch me! You should get that she does that killing because of her nature but also her doubt of whether the enemy could attack her again if not incapacitated enough. There should be more info eventually as to why she is so brutal other than she not wanting to be touched.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 10, 2011 1:01 AM

Sep 2010
Nice.... This got almost everything I need......

Ecchi..... Girls Fighting...... Blood..... Gore.... Action....

It's too early to comment on story.... But I think its pretty good for a first episode......
Jan 10, 2011 2:40 AM

Nov 2010
Wow this is not the mech anime I saw when I was watching Toonami as a kid. Good to see a Manwha get an anime. Wished they made a Unbalance x Unbalance anime though. The writer of both Freezing an UxU is the same guy I heard.
Seeing that dark haired(I don't bother to memorize the names of characters in anime I watch.) grope that blond haired girl was hilarious,but never do that in real life. You will get arrested. Speaking of his sister. I don't know if it's good for a little brother seeing his sister half naked to be a final confrontation with her.
Jan 10, 2011 3:42 AM

Jul 2009
A little too fanservicey for me. I actually enjoyed certain parts but it just lost it's flow every time it gives panty shots and boob shots, which was every few seconds at times.

Guess that's my own fault for watching an ecchi series though. I'll just drop it.
Jan 10, 2011 4:32 AM

Oct 2008
Lots of pantyshots, a lot of tits.

For me this is like a combination of HotD and Gai Rei:Zero

7/10 for now. On the good side.
Jan 10, 2011 5:14 AM

Jul 2010
Frosti said:
Meddigo said:
Well, until the annoying boy dived into Satellizer's breasts I was thinking about continuing this, but if she yells out "I won't let anybody touch me" and then a frickin freshman with no training whatsoever goes and touches her.... yeah. This is shit. If she would have sliced the boy in half and averted the genre trope, it would have been awesome. Dropped.

I think that you had your eyes closed or you didn't even looked at the scene, because it showed clearly that the male freeze the area and that's why she couldn't move.

Seems like it was you the one with closed eyes. He activated that freezing or whatever it is AFTER he pushed her down on the floor and rubbed her boobs for at least 10 seconds. Get your facts straight before blaming other people.
Jan 10, 2011 5:44 AM

May 2010
Not bad for starter a lots of girls fighting but i must say is too brutal for the girls to ended up like that makes feel sorry for them !

Jan 10, 2011 8:29 AM

Aug 2010
Dropped, this was awful ( I don't like girls being treated like shit ) and unoriginal.
Jan 10, 2011 9:17 AM

Jul 2009
4kicks said:
I don't mind mature graphic or sexual content-filled titles like these but...the only major flaw I found with this story so far is:

If they're trying to fight a war to survive from invaders...why pointlessly kill each other in what they apparently called "carnival"? They'd only be reducing their skilled people and numbers...for the sake of evaluating or strengthening the ones that survive? That's just plain stupid. Logic may sometimes outweigh reason, but stupidity always outweighs everything else.

On another note; This may make me sound like a dirty old man but...because they have the girls pointlessly kill each-other....what a waste.

This is pretty much what I feel. I was told that this show has a lot of gore. But never expect that it will be like this. Slashing your own comrade, wuut?
I know the reason that they're doing this carnival is to prepare the girl to fight the alien but surely there's other better way to prepare them. Using this setup to provide gore is just stupid imo. Also the main lead sucks. Dropped.
RegulusJan 10, 2011 9:41 AM
Jan 10, 2011 9:28 AM
Aug 2009
Liked everything but the male MC so far.
Jan 10, 2011 10:20 AM

Nov 2008
Not a bad opening episode lots of gore (and Fan service) just like the manhwa except feels a bit more heavier animated...meh
lol at Kazuya's hugging style >.>
Jan 10, 2011 12:22 PM

Feb 2008
Charliehsv said:

Kind of reminds me of claymore....
Jan 10, 2011 3:05 PM

Sep 2009
This wasn't what I expected at all. xD; Despite the weird start I found it a little more interesting by the second half of the episode.
Jan 10, 2011 3:48 PM
Nov 2009
first half i almost dropped it tbh, then second half it got better... ginna continue watching it:]
Jan 10, 2011 6:16 PM

Oct 2010
It's very cool! Can't wait for the next one. It reminds me of one of my favorite animes Sekirei! lol But with a bloody twist
Jan 10, 2011 6:30 PM

Nov 2008
Oh the gore. The GORE!

This episode was actually pretty good. I wasn't expecting it to pick up the pace half way through. I mostly thought it would go on explaining the boring plot with confusing dialogues the entire episode, but it ignored that and got intense quite fast. The action was pretty decent, but I would've prefer it without the quick flashes. The fanservice didn't bother me, because they weren't trying to focus on it much (besides from the OP & ED).

I really enjoyed it overall. This might turn out to be something very good if they direct it well.

And for those of you who are comparing the fanservice to Highschool of the Dead are straight out bullshitting! Highschool of the Dead was a cock teaser! face it, it really was! but this is different. It actually offers instead of teasing!

Jan 11, 2011 4:01 AM

Oct 2008
LOL this was fucking terrible what is wrong with you people
Jan 11, 2011 8:17 AM

Feb 2008
I liked it.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jan 11, 2011 8:50 AM

Oct 2008
At first I was thinking, here we go again but then body parts started flying, necks slicing, and girls started screaming out in pure bloody pain an horror. As a bad as this show is, I think I might have to keep watching. This might be one of those Queens Blade exceptions indeed, meaning it's so bad that at some point I can't stop watching just to see what happens next. The face in titty moment and 80 percent of the pantie shots were unnecessary but hey at least I got to see etchi girls getting dismembered.

4/10, because it was bad, good so far. A touch of Evangelion with a whole lot of Queens Blade, no acid milk yet, but I'm guessing they have some more surprises left for us in this series.
Jan 11, 2011 9:41 AM
Apr 2008
This is pretty different from the manga. I like it though.
Jan 11, 2011 10:11 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
dws said:
Meddigo said:
Well, until the annoying boy dived into Satellizer's breasts I was thinking about continuing this, but if she yells out "I won't let anybody touch me" and then a frickin freshman with no training whatsoever goes and touches her.... yeah. This is shit. If she would have sliced the boy in half and averted the genre trope, it would have been awesome. Dropped.

This.

Seriously, she could have at least avoided him or just pushed down? What the hell was that build-up of a cold and tough image for, if u are going to shatter it the next moment? Stupid.
I knew there will be some fan service, but that moaning when girls are drawing their weapons is just ridiculous..
I wonder if I can force myself to watch where this show goes after such an introduction..

Didnt she react/link/wibe/wave or whatever it was with him which is reason she got paralized o.o?
Jan 11, 2011 12:43 PM

Jun 2007
McRib said:
4:3

I threw up in my mouth a little.

*is confused* What's so bad about 4:3?
Jan 11, 2011 4:59 PM

Apr 2009
I'm utterly confused after watching. Ok so it's a bit interesting but there was way too much going on way too fast, and the explanations didn't really explain much, hopefully it makes more sense after a couple more episodes.
Jan 11, 2011 7:35 PM

Mar 2010
You know when you go to a store, and buy those party bags that include a whole whack of random stuff? Yeah, I feel like I just bought at least 3 of them. One of those bags included a really seductive plot that was like a black hole sucking me in at an incredible rate. The next bag featured some really interesting animation that was good, sprinkled with a bit of old fashioned gore and blood. The last bag had some really cool characters. A little cliche, with the fan service and all, they were still pretty interesting. So with that said, I will call this my super analogy! Oh, and looking forward to the next! (^.^)
Jan 12, 2011 7:09 AM

Feb 2008
I was quite surprised when I finally saw the first episode. Positively of course. The animation, plot and characters were rather good indeed and it turned out to be quite interesting :)
Jan 12, 2011 1:16 PM

Oct 2007
Like some people said in this thread, everything was pretty good until that annoying kid showed up. I have to facepalm many times.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 12, 2011 3:01 PM

Jun 2009
So i've heard that there's some 16:9 version out. Will someone provide some screens?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Freezing Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kiba1996 - Feb 25, 2011

96 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 18, 2011

94 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Feb 12, 2011

78 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 4, 2011

99 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 21, 2011

127 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 9:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.