Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 8, 2011 2:27 AM

Jan 2010
This anime is making women look bish and psycho freak then later on, they get punch in the in the face.

Troll face Ftw!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2011 2:52 AM

Feb 2008
oh, i forgot about

Touma + Stiyl duo punch on Oriana's face - priceless. 5/5

either the episode is really bad, or Index just looks mediocre to me now I'm getting hyped with the new anime Gosick.. oh well, This series is still great for me...

looking forward for yet another loli harem next arc... hehe...
Jan 8, 2011 2:58 AM

May 2010
Seems that many people are getting tired of this series.
- I still like it though.

This ep was ok but not good. The arcs aren't always good but imo it's still enjoyable.
"My happiness comes from the kindness of those around me"
Jan 8, 2011 3:23 AM

Feb 2010
nice ep :facepalm: ppl still complaining about Touma speeches we already halfway through the 2nd session and you still not used to it......
Jan 8, 2011 4:23 AM

Jul 2009
quorra said:
calaveth said:
How I miss Railgun, where I didn't have to listen to Touma's speaches every episode.

This.

Also, Touma is becoming the next Naruto. I mean he's suppose to have cracked ribs, who the hell can stand after being in an explosion afterwards? I wish Misaka would just butt in and save that little tard.
Finally someone who speak some sense.
Touma is the worst and most annoying protagonist ever.. there is not one good thing about that twerp character and he alone prevents the show from even reaching a decent 7 score imho.

Though I must say the 'new' Index is starting to get quite annoying as well, so definitely not looking forward to the next episode with those two alone^^
Jan 8, 2011 4:47 AM

Jan 2010
Falcon Punch ,

YES .............
Jan 8, 2011 5:03 AM

Jan 2008
I didn't think it was a bad episode, but I admit that the fireworks at the end of everything was rather coincidental.

I thought Index didn't want to bite Touma anymore because of the kiss she gave him before, but I guess her rage superseded that.

Am I alone in that I want to see a cat fight between Index and Misaka?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jan 8, 2011 5:04 AM

Apr 2010
entropy13 said:
Replace "Roman Catholic" with "Islam", replace "Croce di Petro" with "Suicide bombing", replace "Science v. Religion" with "Islam v. Everybody else", replace "restoration of the Lord's authority" with "death to the infidels."
Well thing is that most Catholics can live with this but if it was about the Islam then a huge part of Muslims is offended again.
Which will probably result in riots and attacks on Japanese Embassies in the Middle East, just like what happened to Danish Embassies a couple of years ago because there where some jokes in the news papers about the profit Mohammed.
And JC Staff would not be safe either since that Danish news paper is still a target for terrorists.
While there are jokes about Jesus all the time in news papers yet you don't hear any Christians complaining about those.

About this episode it was a bit disappointing to end a arc tho i did like how Laura Stuart dealt with that Catholic woman.
The hospital scenes could have been better this time tho, usually they tend to be more funny.
And the fireworks where just lame after all that drama.
Jan 8, 2011 6:13 AM

Feb 2008
The mad nun person was pretty messed up... Overall it was a pretty nice episode as well, but not enough Misaka ;D
Jan 8, 2011 8:06 AM

Nov 2008
Lorenzetti is very mad. Like the episode and the final of the arc. Next episode possibly new OP and EN.
Jan 8, 2011 8:21 AM

Dec 2010
Another Touma preaching session, followed by a fist to the face. Predictable?
Jan 8, 2011 9:33 AM

Feb 2009
Too much talking from Touma. Total waste of time. And he's wondering why he didn't make it in time to stop Lidvia.
Fireworks setting up at the same time was a total copout as well.
And those Falcon punches to women has to stop now.
Oriana was such a waste :/
Only thing that was interesting was the freefall of Lidvia. That crunching sound at the end of the fall was sickening.
Next week is new arc. So when is the penalty game of Misaka?
Jan 8, 2011 9:43 AM

Jun 2010
bskbob said:
nice ep :facepalm: ppl still complaining about Touma speeches we already halfway through the 2nd session and you still not used to it......

Exactly if your not used to it don't watch it, drop it. =/
Jan 8, 2011 10:45 AM

Nov 2010
Finally this arc ended at last! Now lets see what happens in Italy i am getting the sense that there will be resistance but from who? I wonder...
Jan 8, 2011 10:59 AM

Aug 2008
MEsoJD said:
Ok I'm bored of this anime I was hoping Toumas powers would evolve or something. I think I'm officially done. No more.

THIS EPISODE WAS SOOOOOOO GAY!!!!

How does anyone justify making crap like this??? And shame on all you who actually said they enjoyed this episide. It's the same freakin crap. The "hero" gets destroyed but somehow lands a simple little punch after a dumb speech and it takes the "villain" out.

Then when all hope seems lost, the "hero" wins with fireworks-no-jutsu. So freaking stupid, I wanted to punch the screen. This episode singlehandedly brought my rating down to 3 and it will stay there until Touma actually gets some balls, starts getting new powers and shuts the hell up when a fight is going on.

The only reason I'm going to keep watching is for the time I've spent on this series. If it were season 1, I'd be dropping it. MAN I'm PISSED. This was awful. My day is pretty much ruined - that's how bad it is.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jan 8, 2011 11:10 AM
Sep 2010
does anyone know if there wil actually be anykind of romance going on? I mean all I have seen are girls that bite,hit,or speak badly of touma. I was hoping for the samurai girl to be of some help but touma tells her no need for any kind of repayment...useless...
Jan 8, 2011 12:15 PM

Jan 2009
And here we go again with the punching. Quite a nice one, actually.

Anyway, something I really dislike, all this bullshit Touma is spewing instead of fighting.
I mean, for example, Stiyl is lying there, bleeding like hell, and what does Touma do? He stands there speaking nonsense instead of trying to beat this whatever-her-name-was.
Derp Touma is derp.

Tl;dr Himegami is fine ヽ(´Д`ヽ)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 8, 2011 12:23 PM

Feb 2009
Yep, this confirms it, Index II is basically a show for weirdos who have a fetish for virtual women getting hit since they can't approach one in real life. Great educational materiel for the Japanese youth.
Jan 8, 2011 1:50 PM

Jul 2010
i don't get this whole episode. touma was so frustrated and suddenly fireworks and then bad women got pwnd.

also oriana thomsan was a really good fighter without magic, how everyone end up with a punch on the face. touma needed a good hand to hand combat training, then i will accept his martial art punches.
Jan 8, 2011 1:53 PM

Oct 2010
Oosran said:
Anyway, something I really dislike, all this bullshit Touma is spewing instead of fighting. I mean, for example, Stiyl is lying there, bleeding like hell, and what does Touma do? He stands there speaking nonsense instead of trying to beat this whatever-her-name-was. Derp Touma is derp.
Exactly! I hated Touma for this shit because I like Magnus way more and he has powers way better than Touma little shit hand although it being unique.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 8, 2011 3:43 PM

Sep 2008
Unsatisfying end to an unsatisfying arc. Well, now it's over and done with and we can move on to the good shit.

saxophone15 said:
I really wished Misaka had come to save Touma. Misaka has been way to much of an unimportant character lately. Also, I think Touma needs to get some other kind of power, then maybe we wouldn't have to see him end the fight with a punch every single time.

I don't see what's wrong with punches. Punches and kicks are like the bread and butter of unarmed combat. If you don't like punches then you're probably looking for a different kind of action. Like guns, or mech or something.

xxxholic9013 said:
Oriana was a smart bad guy at first, finally a respectable, psycho bitch one. but she resorts to close combat when she has a whole deck of cards? then uses them all in one useless attack? come on, give these guys some brains.

Um, she's trained in unarmed combat. She uses magic ranged and some unspecified martial art at close range. She used the big attack because he could dispel all her other shit and this had a hidden nonmagical source of damage. It was pretty well thought out. I don't remember if the attack used all her cards in the LN though. I suspect that they added that just to be theatrical.

Edit: Trying to clean up a bit
GanglerJan 9, 2011 2:06 PM
Jan 8, 2011 4:56 PM

Jul 2010
one more thing, no matter how much touma get beat and cough blood, he will stand up, but his opponent always end up after 2 or 3 punches. i thought his right hand just dispel the magic but this imagine breaker is some kind of super kamehameha punch, which destroy opponent face or something. i think he really need some new powers.
Jan 8, 2011 6:58 PM

Sep 2008
Tsuki-Hime said:
one more thing, no matter how much touma get beat and cough blood, he will stand up, but his opponent always end up after 2 or 3 punches. i thought his right hand just dispel the magic but this imagine breaker is some kind of super kamehameha punch, which destroy opponent face or something. i think he really need some new powers.

Normally I'd say that this is because Touma is a street fighter and his opponents are feeble mages, but this one was actually quite skilled in hand to hand combat. Could be because normally she sets herself up with defensive magic but such was ineffective against him? A mage like her probably doesn't have to take a punch full force very often, and we've established that Touma's punches have a lot of force behind them. Heck, she seemed like a smart cookie. Could be that she knew she'd finished her diversion and didn't really have any reason to fight anymore... Though that makes the following imprisonment odd.

Yeah, I don't have anything particularly solid, but if you want it to make sense it can. Touma can take a shitload of damage. He consistently fights to the point that he needs ridiculous medical attention. There are lots of reasons this wouldn't be true of his opponents. Tsuchimikado is about the only one that we know absolutely shouldn't go down like that and he doesn't. Also, he's been shown to be able to kick Touma's ass with great ease. So there it is.
Jan 8, 2011 8:23 PM

Feb 2010
I can't tell whether or not JC is doing a bad adaptation or this arc was bad from the source material. Either way, Index 2 was been lackluster so far compared to Index 1. Heck it's been on par with the Railgun anime imo (that's right I said it, deal with it). JC Staff better step it up with these next few arcs because it's making me feel like reading the LN more than watch the anime (though I probably would read them anyway, but from the anime it doesn't even look like they're trying. Kinda like how the Umineko anime was compared to the VN).
TheMetalOverlordJan 8, 2011 9:27 PM
Jan 8, 2011 10:10 PM

Sep 2008
TheMetalOverlord said:
I can't tell whether or not JC is doing a bad adaptation is this arc was bad from the source material. Either way, Index 2 was been lackluster so far compared to Index 1. Heck it's been on par with the Railgun anime imo (that's right I said it, deal with it). JC Staff better step it up with these next few arcs because it's making me feel like reading the LN more than watch the anime (though I probably would read them anyway, but from the anime it doesn't even look like they're trying. Kinda like how the Umineko anime was compared to the VN).
I'd recommend reading them. Well worth the read, and there's always so much more in there than the anime can adapt. That being said this is just a shitty arc. It was made much more bearable by being reduced to the cliffnotes for the adaptation. Overall, now that you've got the summary I'd recommend skipping over it if you decide to read. Between the Lines 5 is about the only important chapter that didn't get adapted. It's about half a page long, and as much as it's incredibly enjoyable it doesn't make the other four hundred pages any better.

That being said, volume 7, 8, 11, 12, and what I've read of 13 are incredible. The fight scene with Agnese for example, through no fault of the adapters, is just so much better in the novels. The fact is, it's hard to decide on what the sound of the tendons in your back snapping like piano wires is, and even if they found a good one we wouldn't have known what we were hearing. Things like this completely change the face of the battle. It's one thing watching touma punch a small girl when he seems to be fine except for a couple cuts and scrapes. It changes how you view it when you realize that he's not moving properly because of the back tendons, his left shoulder is dislocated, and his vision is messed up from the repeated blows to the head. That's not even going into how they explain it so you can understand how the mob mentality is being manipulated during that scene.

Anyway that's my two cents on the issue. Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't.
Jan 8, 2011 11:41 PM

Oct 2008
Good episode, decent arc. Hopefully the next arc is science more than magic.

What I love about this series, is the variety of plot lines and variety.
Jan 9, 2011 12:36 AM

Jun 2009
where is the gif of Touma Punching?
Jan 9, 2011 10:25 AM

Apr 2007
Having skipped over reading volumes 9 and 10, I found it absolutely hilarious when the fireworks started going off. Thankfully, I heard from other novel readers how the climax of this arc sucks ass so watching it be fireworks didn't bother me as much as it should have. And the plane scene. Oh my, Laura you are one evil bitch.

Just 3 more weeks... 3 more weeks... until the (hopefully) GLORIOUS finale arc.
Jan 9, 2011 10:29 AM

Jun 2009
lol I like the way that priest died. She deserved that. So new OP & ED in next episode?

Jan 9, 2011 10:40 AM

Mar 2008
I´m not sure why I´m still watching this show... there´s just no progress at all and the ending of this arc was very anticlimactic.
Jan 9, 2011 3:39 PM

Jan 2009
Also their was progress in this story

1. Ongoing war between science and religion
2. Touma not reaching his full potential according to founder of academy city
3. The whole going beyond >5 story.
Jan 9, 2011 5:28 PM

Sep 2008
Not to mention a pretty substantial amount of character growth for both tsuchimikado and Himigami. Fukiyose started becoming suspicious of Touma's involvement in larger events. Touma is now subject to a punishment game with Mikoto. A mercenary type character was introduced. Finally, last but not least the roman catholic equivalent of a tactical nuke was destroyed, thus effecting the power balance.

The plot moves slow as all hell, but it does progress every arc. Seriously. Just sit down and enjoy the ride. There are other places you can go when you want your stories bite sized. We just got a longrunning fast paced epic this last year with fullmetal, which means it'll be a while before we're due for another. This story's still got a long way to go. Even when this season is done we'll still only be halfway caught up with the continuing plot.

That being said, yes. It was a shit arc. Doesn't need to be watched more than once. They can't all be gold, and it was his first attempt at a story arc of this size. His next attempt turns out better. That's just progress.
Jan 9, 2011 5:37 PM

Aug 2008
Oh yeah Oriana goes down. :D
Lidvia is a nutcase. Her expression terrifies me.
Jan 9, 2011 8:18 PM

Feb 2010
Gangler said:
Not to mention a pretty substantial amount of character growth for both tsuchimikado and Himigami. Fukiyose started becoming suspicious of Touma's involvement in larger events. Touma is now subject to a punishment game with Mikoto. A mercenary type character was introduced. Finally, last but not least the roman catholic equivalent of a tactical nuke was destroyed, thus effecting the power balance.

The plot moves slow as all hell, but it does progress every arc. Seriously. Just sit down and enjoy the ride. There are other places you can go when you want your stories bite sized. We just got a longrunning fast paced epic this last year with fullmetal, which means it'll be a while before we're due for another. This story's still got a long way to go. Even when this season is done we'll still only be halfway caught up with the continuing plot.

That being said, yes. It was a shit arc. Doesn't need to be watched more than once. They can't all be gold, and it was his first attempt at a story arc of this size. His next attempt turns out better. That's just progress.
Yeah you're right. Not every arc is gonna be a goldmine of perfection. I just hope JC Staff doesn't fuck up with the last two arcs, the amount of QUALITY in the Daihensai Arc was unbearable.
Jan 10, 2011 7:12 PM
Sep 2009
Oriana Thomson got squared right in the jaw.

The ending was also rather weird.
Jan 10, 2011 8:50 PM

Jul 2008
It always annoys me how Touma makes his punches so epic when he breaks through some sort of magic barrier or spell. All he has to do is tap it with his right hand and it will be dispelled.There is no need for him to scream and run into it and stuff. It just really annoys me that he tries to make it a big deal when he only has to flick it.
Jan 10, 2011 9:46 PM

Feb 2010
Im tired of touma , really -.-

i want an accelerator arc
Jan 11, 2011 2:15 AM

Apr 2009
I want more Misaka/Index. A catfight would be nice!
Jan 11, 2011 4:58 AM

May 2009
TheMetalOverlord said:
I just hope JC Staff doesn't fuck up with the last two arcs, the amount of QUALITY in the Daihensai Arc was unbearable.

Mostly, the last arc! We demand the highest quality possible for the last arc because it really deserves to have one like whoever did the HS Disappearance movie! x(

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Jan 11, 2011 12:33 PM

Oct 2010
again i dont get much besides the punch in a face. seriously is it supposed to be a new fetisch or something?^^
Jan 11, 2011 3:08 PM

Sep 2009
yes! Touma finally fulfilled his role as the anime bully by punching yet another girl!

And that blond nun at the end...lmao, she was crazy as fuck!

Jan 11, 2011 3:18 PM

Jun 2007
shuncchi said:
again i dont get much besides the punch in a face. seriously is it supposed to be a new fetisch or something?^^

Yep, Index II is slowly turning us into wife beaters.
Jan 11, 2011 5:17 PM

Jul 2010
Inarius said:

Holy sh**t.. touma love bleach. didn't know that. xD but Oriana Thomsan is such a liar. bleach still had long way to go. serves her right. <_<
Jan 12, 2011 5:36 PM

Sep 2007
Why did that arc end make no sense? Exactly what does fireworks do that made that nun run away?

And how does she die while she's still in the air falling?

._. I'm lost....uh well....whatever....I'm just going to pretend that arc didn't really happen.......
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 12, 2011 8:19 PM

Nov 2007
That jet seen was awesome! But the whole fireworks saving the day was lame.

Also am I the only one who wants Misaka to figure out about magic and what Touma's been up to. Doesn't she ever wonder why he's getting all these injuries?
Jan 13, 2011 12:33 PM

Aug 2009
don't worry we will see Oriana again in the near future.
Jan 14, 2011 1:35 AM

May 2009
Nadistu said:
Why did that arc end make no sense? Exactly what does fireworks do that made that nun run away?

And how does she die while she's still in the air falling?

What the fireworks did was litted up the entire Academy city, the stars that were shining in the night sky vanish upon being shown by the ground lights. This way, the activation of Croce di Pietro(Apostle's Cross) will be for naught because one of the condition on activating it was the complete appearance of the 3 summer stars and 2, the place should be entirely dark just like the Croce di Pietro where supposed to be placed(St. Peter's grave). Feel free to correct me if I am wrong :3

Actually(Spoiler)...

AezileJan 14, 2011 5:45 AM

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Feb 14, 2011 7:14 AM
Nov 2010
lol @ people saying railgun is better than this shit. I prefer Touma's speech over an entire filler of series and stupid lesbian teleporter :).
Feb 23, 2011 8:35 PM

Feb 2009
Great episode except for the whole fireworks scene. The airplane scene was just icing on the cake. So far Index season 2 hasn't disappointed me, the story keeps getting better and better. Touma is the best, even with broken ribs he can still punch the fuck out of you.
Feb 25, 2011 7:08 PM

Feb 2008
This arc felt like it lasted a year.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2010

251 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 29, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

236 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.