Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Oct 11, 2014 5:38 AM

Aug 2014
It was a nice starting of the first episode of IS. It's one biggest school wich teach only students girls, and now one boy, Orimura-kun who is the youngest brother of one of the best on the first team of Infinite Stratos...
Cool episode, I hope the rest of them would be as good as this one.
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Nov 28, 2014 6:56 PM

Sep 2014
Very good episode indeed and it is very hilarious. I hope the rest of the series is as good as this episode.

"Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy."
Dec 21, 2014 6:07 PM

Feb 2013
Nice start. I hope they explain why ichika can pilot an IS.
Jan 22, 2015 3:45 AM

Dec 2012
After hearing so many bad things about this, I decided it was finally time to see with my own eyes. The opening scene was pretty cool and a great attention grabber right from the get to. So far it seems like a fun set up, although Ichika seems more like one of the girls. LOL when he grabbed the bamboo sword with the bra on it. I mockingly said "what is this?" and he said it word for word soon after.
May 17, 2015 10:38 PM

Feb 2015
Great first episode, I'm wondering if MC and Childhood friend will develop a romance. Seems kind of strange that they were assigned to the same room though.
Jun 28, 2015 12:15 PM

Jul 2014
The first scene was pretty cool, but the rest was boring and stupid.

2/5
Oct 31, 2015 12:15 PM

Oct 2010
First scene was interesting, and after that it all fell apart. Very little information on the world, MC is just randomly thrown into a room with his short-tempered childhood friend? Talk about the adds... Dialogue is kinda inconsistent, they go from one thing to another just when normal conversation has started. And MC is kinda of a airhaid and a dumbass. Hopefully he gets better.

Lazy ending is lazy.
Mar 9, 2016 6:35 PM
Jul 2014
LOL, whole lotta screamin' for nothing.... This is gonna be interesting...
Jun 13, 2016 10:46 PM

Sep 2015
I feel like the episode was decent but not much happened. Came to this after watching Hundred and hearing IS was better and Hundred was a rip off of this
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Sep 11, 2016 7:30 AM

Mar 2015
Another generic battle school harem, but I get the impression this was one of the earliest kinds. Will watch all the way through
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 26, 2016 12:37 AM

Sep 2015
So many cliches like the girl who's a Tsundere to the mc is always a blonde.
This mc I can easily tell is dense asf.
I hope he ends up with the childhood friend of his.
Jan 27, 2017 11:32 PM

Feb 2014
So, I guess this is the original and, as of now, significantly better (by ecchi harem standards) Masou Gakuen HxH.
Jan 29, 2017 11:52 AM

Oct 2015
Haha I love how they preseieved my country england XD I know this is how Japanese see British but still I love it XD if they did research on Britain I think they would make a character based on a chav or something similar XD I would love to see a chav in anime "u fukin wot m8 r u fukin retarded?" That's probably how it would turn out if they put a chav in anime. Anyways pretty good I enjoyed it!
May 2, 2017 12:36 PM

Apr 2013
Why is the princess character always from England lol
That MC was even more dense than I thought, holy crap people did really not exaggerate when they warned me that this has the worst MC xD
Dec 18, 2017 4:30 PM
May 2017
Wow, this show and everyone in it are annoying as hell.
Feb 21, 2018 9:52 PM

Sep 2017
To be frank, the only reason for me to watch infinite stratos was to judge why Orimura is so dense in his affection towards girls.

And I have chalked up a theory(The theory of dense relativity).

Orimura has had a distant relationship with his sis Chifuyu-nee. He also has a difficult time dealing with his childhood friend Houki, who is a tsundere to Orimura, making it difficult to understand girl's nature.

Also, he is 15 years old, and I remember how confused I was at that age about relationships. So, combined with the distant nature the girls at IS give to him just because he was the first boy, along with the troublesome dealings he has with Houki-chan and his estranged relation with his sis, I wouldn't be too surprised if he was so dense after all.

I liked the mechas in the intro. They were cool CG generated. But I hate Houki a little. I get that she would do what any girl would do in her situation, but using a kendo to literally attempt to kill Orimura is a bit too much. I got shocked by that.

Of course, some part of it may be because of my bias towards Orimura for being a dense character, but he literally can't help it. Orimura never knew anything about interacting with girls in the first place. He is in his puberty stage and seeing girls breasts in the hallway was too much brain overload for him, so I get the fact that he was not able to comprehend girls feelings for him.

A cry for help

Besides, Chifuyu-nee abandoning him made Orimura, if anything, quite aloof towards girls. He doesn't have romantic feelings because he was denied even the slightest bit of affection from his sis. I get that that feels a little incestuous, but this is not about that. If Orimura interacted with his sis from a young age instead of her abandoning him(Yes, I call the fact that she abandoned him), then he could have felt a little comfortable talking or conversing with other girls of his age. In fact, as a sister, she would have interacted with him daily and hence would have less issues in socializing with the girls at IS. Though I get that my theory may not be completely accurate and he may have interacted with a lot of girls than we may ever know(Houki was one example), however, I still stick to my points.

In fact, Houki not willing to empathize with Orimura only makes it worse. She is not in any way related to the cause(Chifuya), however, by not empathizing with him, she just made it a lot worse. One example of this is the fact that Orimura wanted to express his concern over the bathrooms in the dorm being girls only, and hence posing a problem for a boy minority like him, and this makes Houki to punch him in the face. Her unwillingness to compromise to Orimura only makes him more "dense", or to be put precisely, distrusting, as discussed in the next para.

I think that subconsciously, Orimura unknowingly is building a distrust towards girls and that may lead him to not trust the feelings of the girls around him. In fact, even if a girl came outright and proposed to him seriously, it may become the converse equivalent of Poe's law. That is, Orimura is more than likely to interpret this confession as a parody or as a Shakespearean comedy rather than the confession, for what it represents.

Let us see how this goes on for the upcoming episodes.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Feb 14, 2019 1:06 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah wasn't too impressed with this so far, the only boy routine is already getting annoying.
Jul 3, 2020 1:04 PM

May 2015
Oh god. Going back into this for a re-watch after many many years and the decision of either Sub or Dub was difficult. The sub is all around solid but the Dub has a lot of personality with the accents. I dont particularly like the main heroine's voice but I basically decided Dub solely cause of the German, British and whoever Charlotte represents. I love all their accents. Especially the British one. Normally I think that voice actor really doesnt change roles well so I always think of them as Yuri from Angel Beats but here she's great with that accent. As a British person this was hilarious and I love how stereotypical she is. Its beautiful.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 15, 2020 5:59 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Alone in a school full of girls... I see how the anime will be xD lot of girls for this dude, tbh he's kinda hilarious so far
Aug 9, 2022 10:40 AM

Nov 2010
So far, good start. I'm liking the waifus. They all look cute! Man, how I wish I was surrounded by pretty girls 24/7 as well. What a blessing that would be!
Apr 7, 2023 3:59 PM
Jan 2022
one of my favorites
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Why do people defend Ichika Orimura so much?

Kuronomi-chan - Jan 21, 2023

11 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Feb 10, 5:45 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

164 by Kusanagi_Shouta »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:55 AM

» Ichika’s Denseness

FiddlePie - Aug 28, 2023

17 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

193 by Flaviomoe199 »»
Oct 10, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

avrc - Mar 31, 2011

292 by Nerleos »»
Apr 17, 2023 4:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.