Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2011 5:05 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Rocketo Punch~!

Pretty awesome for the first ep!

Haven't watched much Mazinger before, but now I'll probably have to watch them all.
Which I guess should've just started with the original Mazinger Z series.

But, from what I've seen myself, and been told I doesn't really matter.

None the less, I'm sure I'll be tracking down everything before long!

Action is fun, not as GAR as the newer series, but still good.

Kabuto and Tetsuya seem like awesome characters.
And, I like the 3 stooges scientists as well!

Definitely knock this one out quick and the movie's next!

Urahara Out!!
Jan 5, 2011 1:14 PM

Aug 2009
Mazinger Z's actually the first piloted robot in anime history. It was hugely popular and ratings up to 30.4% during its air time.

Mazinkaiser's a pretty good series that captures the feel of the original. It doesn't have much plot to go on, but that's kinda the point of it.

Mazinkaiser is actually set in a different continuity from the original series (Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, Grendizer) as Kouji should have already defeated Dr.Hell with Mazinger Z, and Great Mazinger should have shown up after the defeat of Dr.Hell.
Jan 5, 2011 6:04 PM

Mar 2009
Yea, I think I'm already hooked, lol.

I plan on watching the either the original series or the Shin Mazinger from last year next.

Haven't watched much Go Nagai, but I'm lovin it already.

And, yea, there isn't hardly any plot in this OVA.
But, I think it's still great so far.

The fights and engaging sequences are awesome!

Urahara Out!!
Jan 6, 2011 2:02 AM

Aug 2009
MrHatandClogs said:
Yea, I think I'm already hooked, lol.

I plan on watching the either the original series or the Shin Mazinger from last year next.

Haven't watched much Go Nagai, but I'm lovin it already.

And, yea, there isn't hardly any plot in this OVA.
But, I think it's still great so far.

The fights and engaging sequences are awesome!

Urahara Out!!

Go Nagai is only a manga artist although he does supervise the anime that are produced based on his works.

Anyway, after Mazinkaiser, I suggest you skip Shin Mazinger because it contains a lot of references to his other works which you probably won't get, and the Shin Mazinger that's subbed is the tv version, and the dvd/blue ray version that's unsubbed actually contains lots of extra footage.

It probably won't come out for a while, so meanwhile, I suggest you read the original Devilman manga by Go Nagai that's actually scanlated. It's only 5 volumes, and it's pretty old (1972) but it's Go Nagai's greatest work so far and it has more plot than Mazinkaiser. So check this instead, as the original Mazinger Z series is 92 episodes of Monster of the Week with HK subs ;).
Jan 1, 2018 9:55 AM

Dec 2015
Pretty simple start but good enough. I was expecting an intro where events start to diverge from the old story but no, Aphrodite A is working Great is there and Hell is still alive ! Interesting changes.

Funny to see a mazinger series reuse 90s trends like the berserker robot and the "humanization" of the mechas through human stances, moves and liquid "bleeding".

3/5 Weird old voice for Kôji though.

Great opening, I ended up shouting along. ^^" I didn't know that JAM was already build back in the early 2000s.
Rei_IIIJan 1, 2018 10:07 AM
Sep 24, 2020 3:40 AM

Sep 2012
This is my first time watching anything Mazinger animated, and I could not have chosen a better starting point xD I was not expecting to hear Kageyama on the theme song, but god damn if it didn't get my shounen blood boiling!! SANDA BUREEKU!
Apr 26, 2022 5:11 AM
Ninja Consultant

Mar 2022
Really liked it. This is by far my favorite design Jun ever had. She's probably my favorite character in the franchise, but she definitely peaked in this series. In fact all the characters in Mazinkaiser are on point: instantly recognizable, but updated.

Light on plot, but Mazinger has always been like that and it compensates for it with stylish action and good animation. A good update to the classic anime.
Beep boop

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mazinkaiser Episode 6 Discussion

Berry-Vodka - Jun 11, 2020

3 by Necromoecon »»
Oct 17, 2023 1:20 AM

Poll: » Mazinkaiser Episode 7 Discussion

Rei_III - Jan 1, 2018

4 by EterTC »»
Nov 26, 2022 9:18 AM

Poll: » Mazinkaiser Episode 4 Discussion

Farabeuf - Jul 18, 2012

4 by QueenNothing »»
Nov 9, 2022 3:22 PM

Poll: » Mazinkaiser Episode 3 Discussion

Rei_III - Jan 1, 2018

1 by JaceyFox »»
Apr 26, 2022 3:11 PM

Poll: » Mazinkaiser Episode 2 Discussion

MrHatandClogs - Jan 5, 2011

2 by JaceyFox »»
Apr 26, 2022 2:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.