Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magic Knight Rayearth
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2011 3:20 PM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Judging by the way this episode ended, I think we are really going to see the meccha element come into place now.
Oct 15, 2011 2:43 PM

Dec 2009
Very nice episode, I didn't know the mecha stuff appeared in this first season.
Nov 10, 2014 11:17 AM

Aug 2012
Magical girl mecha pilots, my life is finally complete
Feb 3, 2015 3:21 PM

Feb 2014
Once upon a time, there were magical girls that piloted mechs. Hey, it's creative! xD

I liked this episode. But seeing as the power of every single Rune-God has defeated any enemy (this time being Lord Zagato himself), I wonder where the challenge will be when trying to rescue Princess Emeraude. If they just can run in and save her, that would be a very anticlimactic and frankly underwhelming ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2016 1:57 AM

Apr 2011
Kickass way to get their final Rune God. [Also, how dumb am I? I was all shocked that Hikaru's is named Rayearth. I should've seen that coming a mile away.]
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Jun 23, 2017 1:59 AM

Nov 2011
I gotta admit, I was grinning from ear to ear right after finishing this episode. Magical girl mecha pilots is indeed a cool concept. Their final armors and weapons looked great too.

The final two episodes apparently aired back-to-back as a one hour season finale, and I intend to watch it as such.

Also, to those who mentioned it above, Zagato wasn't defeated in this episode. His strongest spell in human form was simply blocked. I say "in human form" because I'm sure the enemy mecha in the opening is his.

Anyway, looking forward to the finale.
Mar 9, 2018 3:03 PM

Jul 2014
@witchwings @TripleSRank
This is actually my second Mahou Shoujo Mecha anime. Back in 2015 I was looking for Mahou Shoujo Mecha anime (don't ask why) and found Ginga Ojousama Densetsu Yuna: Kanashimi no Siren. Too bad no one on the internet mentioned this one...
Dec 27, 2018 5:43 AM

May 2018
Yay, they finally completed all three giant robots!
That. was. awesome.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Oct 14, 2020 9:49 AM

Nov 2017
Their armour is complete and looks so good! Looks like the mecha stuff is going to be used now. The girls are on their way to Zagato! Let's see how the final battle turns out!
Jul 1, 2022 6:58 AM

Jan 2020
Their new armor looks cool, but it makes little difference as they are piloting the mechs now. Still not sure how I feel about this mech angle, but overall I'm enjoying the anime.

While there wasn't much, the confrontation with Zagato so far has been pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing the final battle.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 8, 2023 7:53 AM

Sep 2018
At long last, Zagato is finally doing something instead of just sitting around and chatting with Emeraude. If only he'd actually attacked the Magic Knights a dozen episodes earlier like anyone with a working brain would have. He couldn't have chosen a worse time to finally show up, though. Seriously, did he learn nothing from Clef and Inouva? You'd have thought that after the last two times a villain attacked in a shrine and inadvertently helped the Magic Knights revive a Rune-God he might have figured out that was a bad idea, but apparently not. Given how often the characters are morons in this, though, it doesn't surprise me.

I really wish this anime wasn't so formulaic - the exact same thing happened this time as in the last two Rune-God episodes. Magic Knights reach shrine, the relevant one gets pulled inside and told to prove the strength of her heart or whatever by the Rune-God (repeatedly). Then, the villain appears and defeats the other two! Oh no! The relevant knight runs out to defend her friends and gets offered a chance to escape but refuses, and this awakens the Rune-God who defeats the villain for them. And, at the end of it all, everyone's weapons and armour levels up. Come on, at least try to do something different.
Mar 9, 2023 9:18 PM

Jul 2021
Rayearth looks cooler as a robot than an animal for a change but it isn't anything I havent seen before in this show. At least we reached the climax.
Jan 24, 7:15 PM

Oct 2021
The mechas all look badass, so does the new set of armor.
Apr 17, 12:03 AM

Oct 2013
We all know what happens to strong characters when they get overconfident and say shit like this...

At least he defeated Lafraudga.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 20 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 5, 2011

23 by Maou_heika »»
Apr 21, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 12 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Oct 15, 2011

16 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Apr 10, 12:30 AM

» What genre does Magic Knight Rayearth fall in?

funtime43_tr - Mar 31

2 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 2, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 11 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Dec 31, 2010

12 by Safrichh »»
Mar 2, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 10 Discussion

Shocked - Dec 6, 2013

12 by Safrichh »»
Feb 13, 8:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.