Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magic Knight Rayearth
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2011 5:14 PM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think this episode was one of the best ones of the series. It had a great message and was very gripping.
Jun 2, 2011 3:54 PM

Jul 2007
It honestly felt like filler since Hikaru constantly repeated what we've already known, but given the new message that monsters are made as product of fearful and terrified hearts, it's made all the more important that the Magic Knights stay strong and rely on each other for support. Even if it's just spiritually. :)

Maybe Zagato is hoping to control the monster that emerges from the hearts of all those experiencing an Apocalypse. (Alt idea to my believed one(s) where he lost a loved one & now hates the world or that he's actually under control of some dark being. Maybe one created by himself at that?)
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Oct 15, 2011 9:28 AM

Dec 2009
It was indeed like a repetition of things that we already know, nevertheless it was a great episode. I liked it a lot.
Jan 31, 2015 12:39 PM

Feb 2014
Naw they're such good friends :)

Smart of Hikaru to figure out that the monster is attracted to blood
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2017 10:27 PM

Nov 2011
Before I was surprised at the sudden pace speed up, but somehow we would up spending another four episodes meandering and, even if the next Rune is aquired in the next episode, the final Rune (which I'm assuming is "Rayearth") probably won't be gotten until the very last episode unless the pace is rushed a lot.

As such I'm going to assume the story will conclude in Magic Knight Rayearth II after the girls have become proper Magic Knights.

This episode was okay. Nothing special. It was nice to find out where the monsters come from though.
Sep 22, 2018 7:42 PM

Dec 2015
It bothered me that Fuu didn't tried to heal Presea that episode, but it was addressed in this episode.

Also, too late for a RPG and videogame references no?
Oct 7, 2020 7:44 AM

Nov 2017
This is arguably the most intense episode so far. It shows how far the girls are willing to go to save each other.

The monster was just a wall of light. Apparently, the monsters are a manifestation of people's fear and other negative emotions
Jul 1, 2022 2:50 AM

Jan 2020
So they retconned Fuu not doing anything when Presea got got. I wonder if people complained a lot back in the day or something? Or if it was just a scene that was cut before?

Hikaru not knowing about RPGs is insane.

I really didn't feel like Hikaru needed to further cut herself to attract that pillar of light. She was already bleeding like crazy. They seemed to go out of their way to make her get beat up in her desperation.

Overall, I liked this episode more than the past few. We got some more information about the girls, and there was a lot more action than there has been.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Mar 6, 2023 4:23 PM

Jul 2021
Best one so far, Its a bit corny like most things in this series, but I like how we get to know the girls more before they're put in danger and we see just how much Hikaru cares about them. We also get to know more about the world too and atleast they adressed why Fuu couldnt save Presea.
AzafuseKingToraMar 6, 2023 4:26 PM
Jul 10, 2023 5:10 PM
Nov 2015
We learned that Hikaru has three bothers and her family runs a kendo school. Fuu is on the archery team at her school and we already knew Umi was into fencing.

I love how close the girls are getting.
Jan 20, 7:04 PM

Oct 2021
Amazing episode.

Did I sense a spike up in art quality this episode? A few of the frames were really cool.

Serious Hikaru is badass.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 20 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 5, 2011

23 by Maou_heika »»
Apr 21, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 18 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 4, 2011

13 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Apr 17, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 12 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Oct 15, 2011

16 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Apr 10, 12:30 AM

» What genre does Magic Knight Rayearth fall in?

funtime43_tr - Mar 31

2 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 2, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 11 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Dec 31, 2010

12 by Safrichh »»
Mar 2, 7:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.