Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 4, 2008 8:27 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow I just about fell out of my chair laughing. Reinhard asking for Franz daughter's hand in marriage portrayed such a different side of him. His inexperience in certain matters have been referenced before but seeing this...

It wasn't just the fact that he was blushing with all the roses that got me laughing, but also his lines and the change to a softer and shy voice. It was just so out of his normal character. He's an excellent strategist, genius politician, but he still has a lot to learn.

Hilda obviously loves him but she has always kept feelings in check and everything business up until that night. She's worried that he proposed out of obligation and responsibility but I think that's only part of it. Their time apart should get a good chance for them to sort out their real feelings on it all.

And then to close

LOL

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Sep 30, 2008 9:25 PM

Feb 2008
@ the last image: I think I totally missed that, haha, wow.

Man, this episode was painful and hilarious to watch, again just like when Yang approached Frederica. Looks like him and Reinhard have some of the same weaknesses. It was definitely interesting to see Reinhard completely out of character here, fun but believable stuff. He does have a lot to learn, lol.
Nov 21, 2008 11:05 AM

Apr 2008
It was interesting to see Reinhard showing in front of his people s some signs of weakness and humanity again when this soldier, who had lost his wife and childWesterland, attempted to murder him. Oberstein was honest enough to take the full responsibilty of the inaction of the Kaiser ; it is kinda freaking to see him explaining so coldly the reasons he did so.

The second part was really unexpected and funny after such a dramatic moment. but that makes the two of them even more touching.
blue_hitomiJan 27, 2010 2:56 PM
May 4, 2009 2:47 AM

Apr 2008
...I have never laughed harder at an episode of anything ever
May 18, 2009 7:53 AM

Sep 2007
Seriously, the sight of a blushing Reinhart was so out of his normal character that I couldn't help but to laugh, and it looked terribly cute too. I guess I'd expect it when Reinhart had that conversation with the Wolfgang and Evangelin Mittermeiyer, but it totally caught me by surprise in the end. :x

This never ceases to amaze me.
Jun 25, 2009 3:54 PM

Apr 2009
It would seem that Yang and Reinhard share the same strengths in war, and awkwardness with women. Very lulzy

Aug 22, 2009 5:54 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
That was pure awesomeness...

First, Reinhard gets a lot of psychological pressure after all these deaths. He looks really exhausted and tired....The move he made on Westerland as well as Kircheis' words of warning is haunting him as well...But the major problem is his loneliness, the fact that he feels terribly alone and out of reach....

And then, genius idea of proposing to Hildegard! That definitely was necessary for him to remain sharp till the end....They make such a cute couple....

I wonder how their private relationship is going to affect their public relationship though.....

100/10
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 27, 2009 1:16 PM

Jan 2009
I saw this coming, well it's not like it was obvious anyway, but certainly Hilda had some feelings towards Reinhard, and it saddens me to know that its not a reciproque love (or at least so it seems). Also it was very lovely the way he proposed marriage Lmfao. So I guess now that half heart of the show is dead, we will see more of the other half.

My Anime List. | ηš†γ―θ¦‹γ€γ‘γ‚‰γ‚Œγ‚‹εΏ…θ¦γŒγ‚γ‚‹γ€‚ | Relentless.
Sep 27, 2009 7:13 PM

Jan 2009
LOL

Oct 24, 2009 12:59 PM

Jan 2009
Great episode, the one i have been waiting for(In this regard). Reinhard blushing and his change of tone was not only win but funny as well. Here's hoping everything works out with them.

And lol at the last picture, totally missed that.
Oct 29, 2009 8:22 PM

Jun 2009
It was great to see a different side to Reinhard, which is awesome when this is episode 89 and we are still seeing different facets of his character. Hilda, too, impressed me this episode with her confusion which is another new facet of a character we have seen alot of throughout this series. Best of all, is that this episode was believable and I hope everything goes well.

I think it was also great for Reinhard to have to be forced to remember one of the more questionable decisions he's made and the fact that he still feel so horrible over it only makes him seem more human. Another great character moment.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 6, 2009 1:48 AM

Jul 2008
WoW Great episode! to see Reindhard like that xDDD and I laughed hard at what the father said lol

though it was sad to see Rienhard feeling guilty and feeling lonely too...
Nov 19, 2009 10:18 AM

Dec 2008
I think it's inevitable to compare the Reinhard-Hilda couple with Yang and Frederica, the two female assistants to the two male leaders.

Yang's awkward proposal to Frederica felt to me romantic- they obviously had feelings for each other and the only issue was the amusing challenge of coming out and saying it. Reinhard's proposal however differs rather greatly. His relationship with Hilda seems to be based on unhealthy emotions.

"I don't think I can bear being alone tonight" suggests that any woman would have done, given that he was depressed about being reminded about letting a massive holocaust go ahead for political gain.

And then his reason for marrying her, "But I have to take responsibility", suggests that the proposal is based on his guilt for almost ordering Hilda to sleep with him.

It's amusing that the romantic ideal is fulfilled by the lazy, scruffy, impersonable Yang and the dodgy emotional mess is embodied by the apparent personification of perfection.

Still, I guess I should reserve final judgement until the Hilda-Reinhard thread is tied up.
fedaykinNov 19, 2009 10:21 AM
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Dec 23, 2009 3:01 PM

Dec 2008
LOL it was interesting to see a different side of Reinhard.
Dec 29, 2009 3:55 PM

Oct 2009
OMG! This episode turned out to be very funny! I didn't expect to see this side of Reinhard.^ LOL
Dec 30, 2009 9:57 AM

Jan 2008
Kaiser was moe.
Jan 7, 2010 5:47 PM

Apr 2008
Silly Reinhard and Hilda antics aside, did anyone else completely forget Westerland ever happened? Maybe it was just me, but it made the impact (on me, the audience) that much greater. Very well done.
Jan 19, 2010 8:01 PM

Apr 2007
lmao this series has the most hilarious proposals I have ever seen, but Reinhard's definitely wins in terms of hilarity. With how strange the two were acting, Reinhard blushing, and Hilda's father's calm reactions, I just couldn't stop laughing.

Well it's about time something happened between them. Their relationship was starting to bother me a little.
Jan 27, 2010 2:25 AM

Sep 2008
a but unexpected actually...I thought that would never happen. Or at least not the way it did. The most I was expecting was a formal proposal by Reinhard or something...but that was just strange, and funny :P
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jan 30, 2010 7:24 AM

Jul 2009
tainteddonut said:

Legend of the Moelactic Heroes
Jan 30, 2010 1:57 PM

Apr 2009
the hilarious episode Ever XD
lmao his face xD
what were they thinking
Feb 12, 2010 6:57 PM

Jan 2009
Silverhammer said:
And then his reason for marrying her, "But I have to take responsibility", suggests that the proposal is based on his guilt for almost ordering Hilda to sleep with him.

I wouldn't go so far to say that was the case. He wanted company, and company was what he got....and then some.

pantsu said:

Legend of the Moelactic Heroes

This most certainly should have been the episode title. While I am no proponent of moe, I must admit seeing Reinhard with that look on his face, mind turned back twelve years, has been the most funniest and most endearing thing I've ever seen since Yang's proposal to Frederica. That last line by Count Mariendorf was certainly the nail in the coffin and had me rolling for a good five minutes.

Galactic Levels of Hillarity aside, when I saw Reinhard react to the assassain's mention of Westerland, I too found myself trying to remember what happened there. When Oberstein stepped forward, the events of the first season came rushing back. It was his decision to drop the bomb on Westerland to end the civil war sooner. It's almost unfair that he has this air of defense around him; while Oberstein has set himself up to be this target of hatred, he doesn't fare so well in this case.

All in all, I'd like to praise this episode for its exceptional use of realism, and this has certainly been a memorable one as well.
May 12, 2010 12:22 PM

Aug 2008
When Fraulein bowed and was ready to leave, I immediately predicted Reinhard would say "Fraulein" and all I could think of was "here comes the consolation sex."

I amaze myself, but it wasn't too hard to imagine what was going to come.

lol@ Reinhard's cute flusteredness. XD Oh, wow, how unlike himself.
aixelsydMay 12, 2010 12:27 PM
Jun 19, 2010 6:40 PM

Mar 2008
Jun 22, 2010 2:58 PM

Feb 2010
Great scene with Reinhard proposing to Mariendorf for the hand of his daughter ^^.
I laughed very hard about him blushing, with the soft voice and the flowers and all. The voice acting was also superb. Very delightful moment :D

And the Westerland aftermath was very well done too. I knew it would come back to haunt him..
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 8, 2010 5:52 AM

Jul 2009
Is that really Reinhard? XD
Aug 8, 2010 6:30 AM

May 2009
tainteddonut said:

Wow I just about fell out of my chair laughing. Reinhard asking for Franz daughter's hand in marriage portrayed such a different side of him. His inexperience in certain matters have been referenced before but seeing this...

It wasn't just the fact that he was blushing with all the roses that got me laughing, but also his lines and the change to a softer and shy voice. It was just so out of his normal character. He's an excellent strategist, genius politician, but he still has a lot to learn.

Hilda obviously loves him but she has always kept feelings in check and everything business up until that night. She's worried that he proposed out of obligation and responsibility but I think that's only part of it. Their time apart should get a good chance for them to sort out their real feelings on it all.

And then to close

LOL

that's a win in my book XD

...rNr...
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."

Aug 18, 2010 11:44 AM

Jul 2007
Oh my god lmao, that episode had me laughing so much by the end xD Such a difference in Reinhard's character rotfl.

Three_Leaf_Ivy said:
Silly Reinhard and Hilda antics aside, did anyone else completely forget Westerland ever happened?

Haha yes, this happened to me to. I had to stop and think for a second as to what happened at Westerland, then it all fell into place and I was like 'oh yeah ...'.

You told me to make you feel [color=#CC6600]like you're in heaven
[/color]
Sep 23, 2010 10:28 PM

May 2010
Great episode, I like how they brought back the Westerland incident and was done very well, no one can be forgiven for allowing such atrocities to happen even if they try to make up for it. As for the second half, it was hilarious, I like how Reinhard basically goes "I wanna marry your daughter because I boinked her last night", even though it was more than that and Mariendorf's comment on how they did it was hilarious.
Nov 1, 2010 7:08 PM
May 2010
I don't think I've ever laughed harder during a comedy anime than I did in this episode.
Nov 21, 2010 3:57 AM

Jan 2010
this episode had me rolling on the floor all the time xD

i mean...LMAO,Reinhard is such a player,and he only needed,what...like,88.5 episodes to get Ms. Mariendorf? :)

no i'm kidding,actually,i'm starting to finally like the blonde brat a little

and the way he proposed to his father was hillarious...even the father was probably thinking something like..."boy you sure needed alot of time"

5/5

PS:i totally forgot about Westland..damn you Oberstein
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Dec 25, 2010 4:03 AM

Apr 2009
Bow chicka wow

Also, I too completely forgot about Westerland... It's easy to see how much Reinhard regrets it, he wanted his climb to the top to be stainless but one poor judgment (a big one) leaves him a lot to feel guilty about.
wallaDec 25, 2010 4:06 AM
Jan 6, 2011 2:08 PM

Apr 2009
ROFLMAO, Reinhard is so...MOE!!
The 1st post is just win, really true. hahahaha
Jan 12, 2011 3:04 PM

May 2010
How much older is Hilde than Reinhard?

Also, Hilde! YOU ARE NOT WORTHY OF REINHARD'S BEAUTY!!! HOW DARE YOU DEFLOWER MY REINHARD!???

REINHARD'S HAIR WILL MAKE YOU PAY!!!!

Something tells me Reinhard did not use protection and hence why he is scared now because his child (it just can't be a girl!) might not inherit his cape and hair because of Hilde's genes.

Curse you Hilde! You have now taken Reinhard's innocence, you impure witch!

I smiled all the way in this episode, one of the best episodes. You can't help relate this to Yang and Frederica

Also, lol'd at Oberstein's monotonous way of handling things.
ConfuciusJan 12, 2011 6:43 PM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 1, 2011 6:57 AM

Dec 2008
Moe overload.
Apr 11, 2011 9:21 PM

Jun 2009
As much as the second-half of the episode made me laugh, I'm getting damn tired of Reinhard, or someone else, one-uping Oberstein 5 minutes after he does something badass. Every. Single. Time.

Look at him:

Look at everyone else:
Way to tell it like it is, Obs. They just want a scapegoat: no need to coddle them.

Except for that Count Mariendorf there in the back. But he's obviously into something shady, probably a Terraist.
Apr 21, 2011 10:42 AM

Feb 2010
Couldn't care less about Reinhard's moeness and awkward proposal.

Although Reinhard was not directly responsible to the nuclear attack, as an admiral, he could have prevented it. Seduced by the fruits of the devil, he hesitated. It's going to be long ass debate whether the act itself, sacrificing some to save most, is justifiable or not. Westerland guy rebutted perfectly when he said ' You justify yourself saying that you regretfully sacrificed a small number in order to save the majority. But was there a time when your family or you yourself was included in that small number that was sacrificed? '

Yes, given Obstertein character he might even sacrificed himself. But Reinhard needs this kick in the butt, after all, he's the one who hate Goldenbaug for robbing his sister freedom and future. At least he felt remorse over his actions.
Apr 23, 2011 5:19 AM
Nov 2009
hahahah didn't expect reinhard to act in that way xD thought it was emil disguised as him lol
Jul 7, 2011 9:57 AM

Oct 2009
LMAO...just priceless...
Aug 12, 2011 2:51 AM

Jan 2010
Reinhard is so moé.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Sep 10, 2011 11:43 PM
Jun 2011
They're so stressed about what they did...it makes me wonder what exactly did they do? Just kidding. Very interesting episode...Count Mariendorf doesn't believe Reinhard will love Hilda, but because she loves him she should get married for her sake. I don't think that's necessarily a good idea, but I disagree that Reinhard may not love her. I think he's got it in him...he's just too focused on his domination.
Nov 26, 2011 5:06 PM

Apr 2009
...Aaaaand we're back to 10 on the awkward meter. xD
tainteddonut said:

I...that...WHAAAT.
I couldn't stop laughing throughout the whole scene. Which posed a major problem, as it is now almost 3am in the morning and my roomies want to sleep, probably. Oh God.
Best quote of the episode?
Count Mariendorf: "Aah."
Just..the way he said it. At least four times, too. Pricelesssss.

EDIT: And all the slash made me forget about Westerland biting Reinhard in the butt. I must admit, I had completely forgotten what that Westerland incident even was, had to look it up, but Reinhard's look when that failed assassin started talking...wow. He just...left him broken, really. (I guess it's a good thing Hilda was there to mend him, but, uh...I felt really uncomfortable when he asked her to stay. Felt as if he was almost implying that sex was what he expected from her. Obviously not true...but that's what it looked like to me at that moment.)
CenedessMar 30, 2012 4:33 AM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Feb 4, 2012 11:32 AM

May 2009
MOEEEEEEEE!!! *.*

OMG, that was beyond adorable! Moe Reinhard is priceless!

The first half of the episode was heartbreaking, but oh God, that proposal! Oh, you moe Kaiser, you! *.*

eta: Count Mariendorf, how dare you question Reinhard's manliness? >.<
Feb 12, 2012 12:32 AM

Sep 2009
The Kaiser.
Making Yang look like a smooth criminal in comparison.
Feb 18, 2012 2:58 AM
Nov 2010
OH! THE MOENESS <3
It wasn't unexpected, it was actually very predictable this was going to happen...but to see this "new side" of Reinhard...Priceless.
Feb 27, 2012 12:40 AM

Aug 2010
And now lady and gents, the most powerful man in the universe!:
Feb 29, 2012 9:14 PM

Oct 2011
in gif form

that came out of nowhere, but you knew it was gonna happen. I was like "he can blush?!".
Mar 10, 2012 3:16 PM

Aug 2010
MannyCalavera said:
Kaiser was moe.

MannyCalavera said:
Kaiser was moe.

MannyCalavera said:
Kaiser was moe.

MannyCalavera said:
Kaiser was moe.

MannyCalavera said:
Kaiser was moe.

MannyCalavera said:
Kaiser was moe.

MannyCalavera said:
Kaiser was moe.

MannyCalavera said:
Kaiser was moe.

MannyCalavera said:
Kaiser was moe.
Apr 3, 2012 12:44 PM

Nov 2009
THEY DID IT! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
And Reinhard, going almost insane saying he must take responsibility, made me think he looks like some 15-years old teenager xD

Apr 22, 2012 8:10 PM

Aug 2008
OoooohhhBerstein!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.