Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 »
Jun 16, 2021 3:11 PM

Jun 2019
My 33rd completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 9/10 rating.
Jun 20, 2021 9:43 AM

Jan 2020
Burned down village.....

Megumi got the worst way of death, granted as she enjoys killing people and hated the village...

Lol Natsuno's father still alive....

Quite catastrophic damage the Shiki caused to the village...

So there's still some loose ends need to be tied up, well there's still OVA, let's see what happened there...
Jun 30, 2021 1:10 PM

Aug 2018
Great anime BUT Seishin is one of the worst anime characters ever tbh. I just cant understand why he would help Sunako live, she is clearly evil. Whatever, was an enjoyable anime even though ive been feeling like slaughtering Seishin for the last few episodes.

Aug 13, 2021 12:57 PM
Jul 2020
7 /10 i love Sunako
Aug 22, 2021 7:12 AM

Dec 2018
too many things left open ended, very disappointing
the series itself however was great, but this nonsense really dropped the show by a whole point
StateofOhayoAug 22, 2021 7:15 AM
Aug 26, 2021 2:11 PM
Aug 2021
-Sora- said:
I´m kinda disappointed... !

Why couldn´t they just kill Sunako ?! I fucking hate this little bitch ~__~
I have same thinking as you
Sep 2, 2021 5:15 PM
Jul 2021
Yo wtf? Why are Sumako and that bastard muroi still alive? Sumako is the reason why all this happend!! Ah btw I don't have pity for the shiki's....Not one bit it was Just satisfying to see them die!!!
Sep 2, 2021 5:16 PM
Jul 2021
Nakshu9167 said:
-Sora- said:
I´m kinda disappointed... !

Why couldn´t they just kill Sunako ?! I fucking hate this little bitch ~__~
I have same thinking as you
yeah same Here!!!!!
Sep 6, 2021 7:30 PM

Jun 2019
Youre_boyIruma said:
Yo wtf? Why are Sumako and that bastard muroi still alive? Sumako is the reason why all this happend!! Ah btw I don't have pity for the shiki's....Not one bit it was Just satisfying to see them die!!!

The junior monk Muroi had been reborn, gaining the power of a jinrou (werewolf) type shiki after passing out and dying in the woods from blood loss. With his newfound abilities including excellent night vision, he was able to rescue Sunako and convince her to leave the burning temple. The other villagers who would stop them were already either shiki themselves, dead, fighting other shiki, fighting the fire, or escaping.

They will be able to start a new life together somewhere else in an undisclosed location. The cycle will likely begin anew, but they will have each other amid all the death and despair. For an eternity or however long it takes.
Sep 23, 2021 5:38 PM
Sep 2020
This anime was cool. Nothing special but not totally bad. Like others I wanted all the shiki or all the villagers to die. Unlike Dance in the Vampire Bund I wasn't rooting for the shiki. All they had to do was ask. The two ovas explain the fire and the tunnel. Really hated Murphy for becoming a collaborator.

Then the big old guy gets taken out by that bastard. Some say the villagers went too far and I agree only to the extent that they killed other humans. The shiki were the enemy and one never shows mercy to the enemy.

I love how violent things got and oh so bloody. Kudos for making an anime like this that doesn't hide the brutality. 2nd end was legit and perfect for a lazy anime filled afternoon. Actually it's kinda brilliant as no one truly won the battle. Most of the village is dead but so are most of the shiki. Nwver did understand the words after the dates displayed tho. Not sure if days of the week or holidays. Really distracting. 7/10
Sep 26, 2021 7:49 PM
May 2014
Muroi you damn traitor!
Nov 6, 2021 12:28 PM
Nov 2021
The last few episodes were an emotional rollercoaster. I was finally happy that now everyone know the truth behind those deaths, but when they killed Chizuru something broke inside me... I mean shikis have feelings too right, they didn't choose to be that way.

But yeah at the end - very great series and very underrated! Wish some more people could see it because It's really worth it!! 7/10
baklazanowyNov 6, 2021 12:36 PM
Dec 11, 2021 1:09 PM

Mar 2019
Where do I even begin. This ending was weird. I like it because it showed the ending of an entire village with the scene were Toshio went away with that car and what he said was so good, but then, there were so many scenes that I wish were different.

I really didn't like how every important character died so randomly. Megumi's case is the best example. The episode shows a scene, then randomly cuts to Megumi trying to leave the village, just to be seen by random villagers and then die . SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTERS IN THE SERIES and you killed her just like a random okiagari. I really wanted her death to have a significance, the same goes for Tohru, Ritsuko, Natsuno, Tatsumi and other important ones. Also that was a brutal way to die for Megumi but I'm not complaining, I hated her so much. You have the courage to have that speech when you killed everyone without even giving it a second thought?

Masao's death was very nice, Chizuko had an amazing moment, but again, it just cut off and didn't show us what happened even if it's obvious that Masao died.

I was really hoping that Megumi's death would be an important scene, dying at the hand of Natsuno, which would have been much better. Tohru and Ritsuko as well, we weren't even shown how they died. Maybe have Ritsuko have a final talk with Toshio, TOHRU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW NATSUNO HAS COME BACK TO LIFE AND THE SAME GOES FOR MEGUMI. Wasn't that supposed to be a big thing, at least for Tohru?

The fight between Natsuno and Tatsumi was nice, but again, it ended without any importance. They just died in that hole. Who even started the fire?

And now, Seishin and Sunako. I honestly don't know if I like or dislike Muroi but his actions in this episode were stupid. How did he become a jinrou after bleeding to death by an axe. I'm somewhat happy Sunako didn't die but to me, those 2 felt like characters from a different show, like they were separated from the others. I like how Seishin chose to stick with her because I'm guessing she was the only one who understood him. But I just can't bring myself to like him. He never cared about what Sunako did and decided to even die for her just because she understood him. If he never cared about anyone else and hated his life, then why did he, at the end, feel bad about his mother and the other guys in the house and took his time to pray for them if not because he actually cared for them, so him just running away with Sunako felt weird. It was like he kept going against his feelings time and time again, with no real reasoning behind it. And now, Sunako escaped again so this whole story will just repeat itself.

Also Sunako was kind of dumb. Her reasonings were not complete. She never tried to coexist or anything, instead going on a killing spree while telling herself that it's not her fault.

It was a really good series but the ending felt too sudden, all the build up until this point didn't really feel worth it. I'll miss Natsuno and Toshio, the two best characters. Tatsumi was also really nice at the end.
Alex_TheForestDec 11, 2021 1:47 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 1, 2022 6:09 AM

Mar 2021
natsuno's dead, the village becomes history, and dr toshio is stressed out in the end. That lolicon of a monk and shiki escape from the village, wth is wrong with him. Why won't he just die goddammit.
🐐

Jan 1, 2022 5:36 PM

Apr 2015
Decent ending, it could've been a lot worse
Still wished both Sunako and the idiot monk were dead
Jan 9, 2022 3:56 AM

Jun 2019
Assassin2112 said:
Decent ending, it could've been a lot worse
Still wished both Sunako and the idiot monk were dead

Seishin was not idiotic, but an accomplished author and regarded as a studious and learned man in the village of Sotoba.
Jan 16, 2022 12:16 PM
Aug 2021
I don't get how anyone would like the Shiki's they killed people while laughing. Some of them acted remorseful only to appease their conscience before killing again. They deserved way more than they got as far as I'm concerned.
Also Megumi's death was simply my favorite. Hated that bitch from day one when she treated everyone like dirt. But honestly, the character I hate most of all, is Muroi. That utter self-righteous bastard who said so much crap as it suits him. Betrayed is friend and supported a monster who only at the last minute of the show admitted that she was wrong. When his mother was killed I was so happy. I just wanted him to die tragically. Why didn't he just die. I hate this anime so much for that. That disgusting bastard who talked about not wanting to kill then conveniently killed as he liked would probably be the worst Shiki yet. God I hate him.
Overall this was good, amazing though Natsuno could have had more screen time. And so glad Tatsumi died. Though I don't really think he did. As for that little monster Sakuno, I hated her and wished her dead. She probably survived.
Jan 18, 2022 2:52 AM

Jun 2019
Naruxsasumi2 said:
I don't get how anyone would like the Shiki's they killed people while laughing. Some of them acted remorseful only to appease their conscience before killing again. They deserved way more than they got as far as I'm concerned.
Also Megumi's death was simply my favorite. Hated that bitch from day one when she treated everyone like dirt. But honestly, the character I hate most of all, is Muroi. That utter self-righteous bastard who said so much crap as it suits him. Betrayed is friend and supported a monster who only at the last minute of the show admitted that she was wrong. When his mother was killed I was so happy. I just wanted him to die tragically. Why didn't he just die. I hate this anime so much for that. That disgusting bastard who talked about not wanting to kill then conveniently killed as he liked would probably be the worst Shiki yet. God I hate him.
Overall this was good, amazing though Natsuno could have had more screen time. And so glad Tatsumi died. Though I don't really think he did. As for that little monster Sakuno, I hated her and wished her dead. She probably survived.

Sunako and Seishin Muroi escaped with their lives and honor in tact and filled with renewed determination to try to keep living and carve their own way out for themselves. Going forward the path before them may prove a rocky and difficult one - an uncertain future either living perpetually on the run or selecting a new town to colonize, but they have each other and that's all that counts. It isn't the ending some people wanted, but this is the truth of the matter.

Also, in the context of what was actually depicted in the series, Seishin only killed two people. One was both in defense of his own life and indirectly in a way as the villager-turned-militant cracked his own skull after hitting his head against the hard wood on the temple grounds. And the other was directly and in defense of Sunako Kirishiki's life.
Jan 19, 2022 1:46 AM
Aug 2021
WatchTillTandava said:
Naruxsasumi2 said:

Sunako and Seishin Muroi escaped with their lives and honor in tact and filled with renewed determination to try to keep living and carve their own way out for themselves. Going forward the path before them may prove a rocky and difficult one - an uncertain future either living perpetually on the run or selecting a new town to colonize, but they have each other and that's all that counts. It isn't the ending some people wanted, but this is the truth of the matter.

Also, in the context of what was actually depicted in the series, Seishin only killed two people. One was both in defense of his own life and indirectly in a way as the villager-turned-militant cracked his own skull after hitting his head against the hard wood on the temple grounds. And the other was directly and in defense of Sunako Kirishiki's life.

Sunako has taken more life than anyone. She looks small and fragile but what made me unable to sympathize with her is because she kept insisting she didn't do anything wrong and was just trying to survive. She forgot that in order to survive she stole the right to live from others. She is evil and deserves to die. Theres no honor in that. It's just the fact and she finally understood that at the end. I don't know what their future will be but evil people will always pay at the end, ask Megumi.
As for what's his face Muroi, the fact he didn't die is my biggest disappointment with this anime. I hated him not just for saving Sunako but for everything he did from the get go. He never saved anyone even though he is a monk, never seemed to really care about what was going on. Case in point: when he saw Toro who told him how he just killed someone, he turned a blind eye to that and walked away. Said he doesn't want to kill when in fact he just didn't want to kill Sunako. Said so much nonsense that only served him and his purpose. A selfish bastard.
Jan 28, 2022 6:43 AM

Jun 2019
Naruxsasumi2 said:
Sunako has taken more life than anyone. She looks small and fragile but what made me unable to sympathize with her is because she kept insisting she didn't do anything wrong and was just trying to survive. She forgot that in order to survive she stole the right to live from others. She is evil and deserves to die. Theres no honor in that. It's just the fact and she finally understood that at the end. I don't know what their future will be but evil people will always pay at the end, ask Megumi.

She's taken all those lives, yes, but one of the points addressed in the series is that humans do just the same to all other species, for survival, pleasure, and often even just greed or convenience (think not only about mass industrial factory farming, but even how many countless habitats of other species are just plowed through and taken over just because). For food, for enjoyment, for profit, for human expansion. I'm not demonizing humans either. I think it's perfectly logical for them to do so, but so are the shiki acting logical and that's just how all species act. An individual within a species and that species, collectively as a whole, tramples on other life 24/7 without a care in the world for their own advancement at every turn.

Naruxsasumi2 said:
As for what's his face Muroi, the fact he didn't die is my biggest disappointment with this anime. I hated him not just for saving Sunako but for everything he did from the get go. He never saved anyone even though he is a monk, never seemed to really care about what was going on. Case in point: when he saw Toro who told him how he just killed someone, he turned a blind eye to that and walked away. Said he doesn't want to kill when in fact he just didn't want to kill Sunako. Said so much nonsense that only served him and his purpose. A selfish bastard.

That's all true, but that's because before he met Sunako he had given up on life a long time ago. He has existential depression and resents a life and job/role in the village he feels was forced upon him and wants desperately to escape it any cost. He just remained a passive actor and didn't do much about it until the shiki arrived to Sotoba on his inspiration (Sunako says that Seishirou, the Kirishiki family's human father figure chose this town to settle in and colonize after being inspired by Muroi's novels as an author and his description of the town and its surroundings) and then took that opportunity of the chaos sewn to abandon his post and all the responsibilities and title, authority, etc. associated with it which he never wanted.

Remember, he attempted to commit suicide in the years before the series began, but couldn't fully commit to it, with the shallow and superficial slashes on his arm near his wrist. It's better explained if you look at the story in the current novel he is writing which is delved into in the anime a few times. It's about a man who wanted to escape into death and killed a version of himself in the form of his brother in order to seek freedom since he viewed life and being forced to play the role of a "good", helpful person and act in accordance with God's rules or what people believed God's rules to be as a form of slavery he was suffocating from.

The shiki taking over the town, turning it into a warzone, and exterminating everyone down to a handful of individuals came as like a liberation to him. He just didn't feel free to act on his desires before Sunako. Basically, to him, Sunako and death represent freedom. The shiki are death personified and he finds it preferable to the world of the "living" humans.
WatchTillTandavaJan 28, 2022 6:41 PM
Jan 28, 2022 10:02 AM
Nov 2020
OMG THIS JUNIOR MONK DUDE IS SUCH A BITCH I CANNOT-
I get what the writer tried to show us. whats good and evil blah blah blah, trying to think/see things from an opposing viewpoint. the anime execution was just bad. interesting themes tho for sure.
Jan 31, 2022 7:05 AM

Mar 2019
i want more ^,,,×
Feb 3, 2022 5:35 AM
Aug 2021
wtf was that ending..didn't seem like a proper ending at all, so many questions unanswered.. this show had so much potential but a lot of it got wasted

that doctor, Muroi, and Sunako would've been better off dead. Natsuno, Seishin and the doctor are my most hated characters. Still better than Another though.
solrulesFeb 3, 2022 5:51 AM
Feb 3, 2022 4:04 PM

Jun 2019
solrules said:
wtf was that ending..didn't seem like a proper ending at all, so many questions unanswered..

What is left unanswered exactly? What happens to every single character is pretty much explicitly shown or stated and the ending is about as conclusive as it gets other than implying, like a lot of horror series/films, that the story may continue somehow after and beyond the scope of the series with Seishin and Sunako escaping. You don't get much more straightforward and detailed endings than this series provides. Even the few supporting characters left alive are shown returning to the village. I don't know how it could be much more thorough, spelled out, and clear cut than what was given.
Feb 24, 2022 9:40 AM

Jul 2017
I'm a Sunako fan, but honestly, I still prefer she died, That sin confession at the old chapel would be a perfect place for her death because she has realized her sins as something that had died should stay dead, (but I didn't want her to die in Ookawa's brutal torture) but that bitch useless suicidal monk (really the worst character ever exist) ruined it all. Also, along the series was too much of side characters' feeling/past revelation but nothing about the main characters past:
1. Natsuno's past, why he hates literally everybody. I know his father is a terrible person, but that is not the right justification to hate everybody, there must be another thing which triggered him to hate evebody.
2. Dr. Ozaki's past, why he didn't love his wife and doesn't hesitantly use his wife as an experiment subject.
3. That worst character's past, what made him so bitchy and suicidal.

And a hefty amount of missing stories besides the main's past (including Sunako's effort to build the Kirishiki "family", Akira who was out of nowhere confirmed to be safe after being a hostage who was captured by Tatsumi, what made okiagaris be determined as a werewolf or shiki, etc.)
However, I still appreciate the theme and the concept it brings, something that is uncommon in the anime world, and because I'm a Sunako fan, so, 6/10.
Dealka97Feb 24, 2022 7:57 PM
Mar 29, 2022 1:06 AM

Aug 2019
These last few episodes have been a rollercoaster of emotions..
Unfortunately, this ending felt rushed and unsatisfying. I could go on and on about the gripes I have with the final quarter of this anime but I’m too tired right now so I’ll just type about the biggest thing annoying me.

Seishin. He was set up as this kind, caring dude who was against killing others under any circumstances even if they were inhuman like Shiki. While this pacifist attitude annoyed me, I could understand and respect his character. What I don’t like is how he continued to support Sunako and the Shiki gang KNOWING they KILL humans. The show kept portraying him as this “good guy pacifist” while he was donating blood for Shiki to use as fuel in order to kill humans. His dumbass prioritized the safety of the monster who colonized his village and killed hundreds of humans over his literal family. And why? Because he fell in love or some shit? The worst part was when he saved the extremely evil Sunako by straight-up killing the man who was about to end her. Up until that point he never directly killed anyone so I could empathize just a tiny bit but that scene ended that for me. Horrible character.

I absolutely loved most of this anime but the problems I have with it in the last few episodes bring my score down a bit. Overall it’s a 7/10 imo.
Mar 29, 2022 9:10 PM

Jun 2019
Jasev said:
Seishin. He was set up as this kind, caring dude who was against killing others under any circumstances even if they were inhuman like Shiki. While this pacifist attitude annoyed me, I could understand and respect his character. What I don’t like is how he continued to support Sunako and the Shiki gang KNOWING they KILL humans. The show kept portraying him as this “good guy pacifist” while he was donating blood for Shiki to use as fuel in order to kill humans. His dumbass prioritized the safety of the monster who colonized his village and killed hundreds of humans over his literal family. And why? Because he fell in love or some shit? The worst part was when he saved the extremely evil Sunako by straight-up killing the man who was about to end her. Up until that point he never directly killed anyone so I could empathize just a tiny bit but that scene ended that for me. Horrible character.

I think a lot of people just fundamentally misunderstand something about his character. He was never supposed to be a pacifist (and he was in internal turmoil and at war with himself and deciding what role, if any, he should fulfill for most of the series' run until he openly decided to side with the shiki toward the ending). He was someone who never felt in place in the human world and the village and actually felt constrained by it. He subconsciously was screaming out for help and the shiki, at least in part, arrived at the village in the first place due to him. Sunako remarks on this in one of the early episodes on the temple staircase when first meeting him when she says that Seishirou Kirishiki chose Sotoba to make their home directly as a result of the illustrative descriptions Seishin gave of the town and its environs in his novels.

The shiki arriving in Sotoba came as a liberation to him.

Apr 11, 2022 10:20 PM

Jun 2017
How did Muroi turn into a Shiki in just a day when it is established that they need 4 days after death to become one? I can understand him sympathising with Sunako but it is a different thing to side with her when she is killing his fellow humans, no matter the reason. Sunako may look like a child but she has lived for hundreds of years. It is time for her to die. She is also a hypocrite if she doesn't want to die while killing humans without hesitation.

The anime was mostly entertaining despite some people acting dumb typical to horror stories. I would give this a 6 or 7.
May 24, 2022 7:45 AM

Oct 2020
Chrome_Falcon said:
How did Muroi turn into a Shiki in just a day when it is established that they need 4 days after death to become one? I can understand him sympathising with Sunako but it is a different thing to side with her when she is killing his fellow humans, no matter the reason. Sunako may look like a child but she has lived for hundreds of years. It is time for her to die. She is also a hypocrite if she doesn't want to die while killing humans without hesitation.

The anime was mostly entertaining despite some people acting dumb typical to horror stories. I would give this a 6 or 7.

I don't think werewolf require that much time. Natsuno turned into werewolf in hours if I remember correctly. Since Muroi turned into werewolf he turned quicker.
But I do agree that Sunako deserved to die and Muroi too if he still doesn't understand that Sunako didn't gave him hope or rebirth, she did so to mutually help each other.
I liked that old muscle man as he ws ready to do the right thing any time and saved people at many instances.
I personally would give it 8 or 9 as it suits my taste quite accurately.
Jun 6, 2022 3:12 PM

Jan 2017
who was that guy on the bus at the end? Wasn't that natsuno's dad? didn't he become a shiki? maybe not?
Jun 14, 2022 12:00 AM

Jun 2019
kamitaichou said:
who was that guy on the bus at the end? Wasn't that natsuno's dad? didn't he become a shiki? maybe not?

Yes, it was Natsuno's father. No, he didn't become a shiki. If you thought he did because of the scene where he appeared all frazzled and pale in the house when Tatsumi visited Natsuno to come threaten him, he wasn't bitten/attacked and was still human. It's just because his wife was dead or missing, he lost his son when Natsuno died and became a shiki, and it probably scrambled his brain as it contradicted all his previously espoused beliefs about not kowtowing to rural superstitions and such. He was experiencing temporary insanity and a mental break. But still a regular biological human.
Aug 25, 2022 8:34 PM
Nov 2020
Natsuno's words really resonated: no, it isn't that we're on the side of the humans, but rather that you Shikis are being so unreasonable yourself. You Shikis do not ethically consume blood from blood banks (there's Luis from All Saint's Street), but rather indulge yourselves in the joy of killing. You Shikis do not learn to control yourself - why don't you follow the example of Ritsuko (even if you are not medical professionals yourselves)?. Humans are no good too, but does that give you the right to justify your own murders?

So good job on the suicide bombing, Natsuno.
ilalocheziaAug 25, 2022 9:19 PM
Aug 28, 2022 9:13 AM
Apr 2022
Very impactful ending.
Oct 2, 2022 9:13 PM
Oct 2022
lo ame, super maravilloso
Oct 10, 2022 4:16 PM

Feb 2017
just finished rewatching, love this series sm! my thinking always ends up going around in circles, but in the end i can't say that i'm on the side of humans nor shiki

placeholder text
Feb 10, 2023 12:20 PM

Aug 2020
This anime was interesting. The humans became just as cruel after all. Ozaki's questionable acts with Kyouko were the dead end of his morals in a way.

I just wish Megumi could've stayed alive (really alive), she wad cute. Ritsuko as well :/

As a conclusion, it was a tad rushed. But it was surely one of the most memorable ones I've ever seen. Shiki was worth watching.

Feb 26, 2023 2:49 PM
Mar 2022
damn, this is very heartbreaking rest in peace Megumi, Ritchan and Tohru :(
Mar 26, 2023 8:10 AM
Sep 2022
mystery is good, so damn good
May 3, 2023 4:03 AM

May 2017
i heve rule "Whatever it is if it is bad for people and nature, destroy it."

what I know about this series is Shiki = pests or parasites for humans.

They are not bad for nature (as i know) but they eat humans more specifically they drink blood but it's not enough (1 parasite needs to eat 1-2 humans EVERY DAY). if they look for food other than humans then they can live, if they live all humans will be lost forever and guess what happens next? This parasite will eventually create human farms. the promised Neverland reference

The best character so far is the doctor and the worst is the stupid lolicon monk. We know the doctor is bad for torturing his wife but he sacrificed his humanity for others.

idk what people who support parasites think, sympathy? more like sym-pathetic. "uUuWw tHey cAn TaLk AnD hAVe FEelInGs" like bruh its so dumb.

The ending is a bit disappointing, there are still 3 parasites that I know. we know one of them will die eventually, because he knows he shouldn't be alive. The other 2 idk might create other parasites ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

overral is good series, but i didnt like the ending . 7/10.
May 7, 2023 5:33 AM
Dec 2022
pretty interesting anime, but even tho they tried their best, I couldn't care less for the Shiki (only Sudako cuz she's baby)
Jul 12, 2023 4:54 AM
Aug 2018
Hell yeah a perfect ending, but what was happened the the preview of the previous episode? Did i miss episodes or Something?xD
Aug 10, 2023 7:54 PM
May 2017
the morbillion murders loli and pedophile survived ending the show terribly
Aug 28, 2023 10:22 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
I have a really mixed feeling about this anime at first i really hate those bunch of retard because they can't protect them self and how that 2 adult that already realize there's a vampire like thing in there village but do nothing to prevent the villagers from dying, how moronic and retarded this character can be (especially the monk that completely do nothing) but after they decided to hunt those shiki i completely changed my mine and i feel sympathy for the shiki now, damn in the end i hope that child and the monk safe and lives together
Sep 10, 2023 8:34 AM

Nov 2010
No! I wanted Megumi to escape. Damn, you show! I like her so much since she's one of the less hypocritical characters. She's just being true to herself from the start. However, her crush on Natsuno annoyed me since that guy is undeserving and a bastard. His death is what I wanted to see the most.

Chinjao is so annoying but a badass at the same time. I'm glad Muroi came in time to put him out of his misery.

It's a shame the Shikis lost. I was rooting for them to win from the start. My sympathies go to them because even if they killed many people and took over the village, humans would still outnumber them by billions. IMO, humans are the actual pests of this world. I wish I could cull billions of them myself. I'm ashamed I belong to the same species. However, I can't deny that I love beautiful human females. I would spare them, at least, for sexual purposes. Haha

I like the bittersweet ending of the village getting destroyed. They were better off letting the Shikis win for a stable society ruled by them. I'm also glad Muroi and Sunako managed to escape. It looks like he's a werewolf. I hope they'll be able to establish a sanctuary for Shikis eventually.
Sep 15, 2023 10:49 AM
Jul 2019
The series started slow but it really picked up.
Sep 16, 2023 10:46 AM

Oct 2021
Reply to MizuhoKamui
No! I wanted Megumi to escape. Damn, you show! I like her so much since she's one of the less hypocritical characters. She's just being true to herself from the start. However, her crush on Natsuno annoyed me since that guy is undeserving and a bastard. His death is what I wanted to see the most.

Chinjao is so annoying but a badass at the same time. I'm glad Muroi came in time to put him out of his misery.

It's a shame the Shikis lost. I was rooting for them to win from the start. My sympathies go to them because even if they killed many people and took over the village, humans would still outnumber them by billions. IMO, humans are the actual pests of this world. I wish I could cull billions of them myself. I'm ashamed I belong to the same species. However, I can't deny that I love beautiful human females. I would spare them, at least, for sexual purposes. Haha

I like the bittersweet ending of the village getting destroyed. They were better off letting the Shikis win for a stable society ruled by them. I'm also glad Muroi and Sunako managed to escape. It looks like he's a werewolf. I hope they'll be able to establish a sanctuary for Shikis eventually.
@MxS7HGS Don't worry, most people would be ashamed of belonging to the same species as someone like you.
Oct 20, 2023 10:29 AM
Aug 2022
That's why I hate the weaklings. He killed the pillar ossan of the village and saved that bitch. Asshole.
What good did you do in that village anyway? Useless crap. Pedo.
Nov 10, 2023 8:32 AM
Apr 2021
Everything was building up to this ending, I loved every episode of the Shiki soundtrack (especially "Eau de Vie"), the story, the characters, and the anime overall. One of the best anime episodes of all time. I hope I get to see another masterpiece like this.
Dec 24, 2023 9:00 AM

Jul 2016
Hell yeah! Megumi finally died (and in a very satisfying way, I must add) so I consider this finale mostly saved. Yeah, there were quite a few loose ends, some unanswered questions (Toshio's reason for his apparent lack of love for his wife, the circumstances for one to become a werewolf instead of a Shiki, Akira's survival, WHY SUNAKO NEVER THOUGHT OF CONSUMING HUMAN BLOOD BY OTHER METHODS INSTEAD OF DIRECTLY BITING PEOPLE AND KEEP CREATING SHIKI, etc.) and the disappointment of seeing both Seishin and Sunako surviving but guess it is what it is. No story is perfect and this one at least kept me intrigued enough to overlook those flaws.

Overall, I gotta say I enjoyed Shiki quite a bit. Yes, the first act felt unnecessarily slow and seeing some characters acting like idiots for the sake of prolonging the mystery was kinda irritating but all in all, I think it was a good story featuring some really captivating twists as well as a solid take on morality.

7,5/10 -> 7/10 - Would have been an 8/10 if Seishin had killed Sunako and remained by her side accepting death as well but whatever.
Dec 28, 2023 10:25 PM
Oct 2022
It's amazing and it's a masterpiece.
Pages (20) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KingOmerta - Sep 16, 2010

190 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.