Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 30, 2010 8:02 PM

Jan 2009
bakuramariks said:
Hmm, someone tell me please... is this really Natsuno's mother in the bus? Because as far as i remember she had blue hair, not pink... Hmm. Maybe she dyed it. I think i saw the fatty medical sister there too.

The bus scene's woman is Kanami-san who was in drive-in chigusa and was hiding her mother okiagari. I guess that scene was implying her mother was also killed by humans. And she also decided to get out of the village.
Dec 30, 2010 8:09 PM

Apr 2009
Well, my Thursdays are going to be a little less special now. I think Shiki edges out Angel Beats! as my favorite show of 2010. Whatever the overall ranking it is definitely phenomenal, taking what feels like a fresh and terrible approach to vampires after the genre's post-Twilight neutering. Another fantastic soundtrack by What's His Name, I will start watching shows he composes for irregardless of how interested I am in them. Still, there were some weak spots and I think the final episode was kind of a disappointment.

It was a good episode to be sure, but never matched the quality of the show at its best and there were a lot of little things that bugged me. (For example, Natsuno starting the fire seemed retarded if his goal is to wipe out the Shiki. That was obviously going to distract them from their Shiki massacre.)

I'm leaning 8/10. I'll rewatch the show one of these days and see if that pushes me to a 9.
Dec 30, 2010 8:15 PM

Feb 2010
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
NATSUNAOOOOO-KUNNN~ He's such brave man ;____;
and yesss~ akira's saved! hallelujuah! HUZZAH! HUZZAH!

I was laughing to death (kind of) when Megumi died.
I WISH SUNAKO AND THAT ONE GUY DIEDDD ~ ;_____;
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THEY CAN'T LEAVE IT AT THAT! (as much as I felt bad for sanako and that one guy [I keep forgetting his name])....BUT STILL! Yuki killed himself for nothing..;____;
Dec 30, 2010 8:16 PM

Feb 2010
Soundtrack said:
FUCK SUNAKO.

IKNOOOO ;___;
Dec 30, 2010 8:22 PM

Jul 2010
shizu_bara said:
am I the only person who really hates Natsuno? o_O"
..... and am I the only one that wished the shiki had 'won' in the end o_O"
I mean, from the way things went in the past couple of ep's I really didn't feel the human were any better than the shiki. In fact the humans seem FAR more blood trusty toward the end than the shiki ever did.
But that's just my opinion.....

I agree... I'm pissed to see Megumi die. I was hoping she'd make it to the city; maybe her, Sunako & Muroi could have met each other? The jerks just had to crush her head in. :|

Dec 30, 2010 8:38 PM

Dec 2009
That was one epic final episode..... As much as I hated Megumi, I got to say, no one deserves to die like that.
Then there's that BA scene with Natsuno and Tasumi. I always thought Natsuno was on the human's side, never would have thought it was just because he didn't like the Shiki. o-o And I always thought he would survive. >< It was so sad when Natsuno said he had been dead for a long time...... Damn, I was crying a lot this episode. T_T
There was also that interesting info from Tasumi that Jinrou don't actually die like Shiki. Therefore it probably takes less time for them to rise, and have brought me to the conclusion that Muroi is now a Jinrou..... Now I'm hoping for a second season with Toshio hunting him and Sunako down, but that's unlikely because he doesn't actually know what happened to Muroi.
So many loose ends, but I suppose that was the point, to keep us thinking and use our imagination. Well, it's good that we get specials, but sadly they're not epilogues. The only thing I want to see is more Natsuno, because he didn't even show up in most of the episodes after becoming a Jinrou. You'd think as a main character he'd show up more often. >.>
Dec 30, 2010 8:40 PM

Dec 2007
Teufel said:
(For example, Natsuno starting the fire seemed retarded if his goal is to wipe out the Shiki.

I'm guessing that goal changed as soon as he saw Tohru and Ritsuko's bloody bodies just laying outside Yamairi.
Dec 30, 2010 8:50 PM

Jun 2010
So so happy. I was on the edge of my seat the last few episodes wondering if Sunako was going to die. I'm so happy she lived!

I just wished Megumi had survived as well. I actually liked her, which seems to be a fairly unpopular opinion.

My only problems with this ep, and the series as a whole, was with Shizuka the puppet girl. In one of those final scenes where everythings on fire we see her puppet burning up but I can't tell if her body's there too or not. There's a corpse behind the doll burning but it doesn't look like her. And what about the vampire running the mortuary? Was that his corpse or do we just assume he was killed too?

Anyways I just wish we saw more of Shizuka.
Dec 30, 2010 8:57 PM
Dec 2010
Orulyon said:
Barion-Zara said:
I'll easily give this a 10, one of the top 5 animes this year.

For manga readers is the ending anime original or did this happen in the manga too if so then what chapter.

And basically Natsuno didn't give a shit for the village. He only truly cared about Kaori and Akira and he saved them XD And thats another lesson for us. In the end, if that happened to us, the only thing that matters to us is the ones we love no matter how much altruistic you are, humans dont give a shit for the ones they dont care about

He also cared about Tohru. You can't forget him because he's the reason Natsuno wanted revenge on the Shiki in the first place.

I also agree with what you said Meddigo. He probably started the fire after seeing the two of them.
LordJupiterDec 30, 2010 9:06 PM
Dec 30, 2010 9:08 PM
Jun 2010
Fucking Muroi ruined this episode for me. If Ookawa killed Sunako I would've gave this series a 10. As for the Kirishiki man, he lived I assume? He only had one scene of him walking towards the mansion.
Dec 30, 2010 9:11 PM

Nov 2010
well, this was almost a perfect ending for me, i was hoping for Muroi to just bleed out and for Tatsumi to beat Natsuno to death and save the day, but what can ya do.

I WOULD like to say that i never saw any proof of Hayabi being dead, he just had his one last scene with the candy bar on end and poof! he was gone.

am i the only one who thinks Natsuno's part in the last ep made him look like a total bitch? i mean, till now he was kickass, but in the final ep we get:
1: Ass kicked by Tatsumi
2: "i never said i was on the humans side, i just don't like you guys"
3: BOOM!
i mean really? you hate the shiki so much you blow yourself up to take out just ONE of them!? real smart thinkin there Natsuno
Dec 30, 2010 9:17 PM

Jul 2010
If only Megumi would live. She should've just ran as fast as she could.

I'm just glad Sunako is still alive. I had a feeling that Muroi has been a shiki for quite a while because of his skin.

On the other hand, I hope FUNimation gets a good dub for this series because Shiki has become one of my future anime DVD list to buy. Do not disappoint me FUNimation.
Dec 30, 2010 9:35 PM
Aug 2009
Amazing ending to an amazing series. I love how everything ended up canon, as well. Sunako and Muroi ended up escaping in the novel, and the Anime left it pretty ambiguous (but we all know who's in that box, right?).

And Natsuno died in the original novel, and he's obviously dead now.

This is an amazing adaption. And they did all of this BEFORE the manga! Is that amazing planning or what?

This series is a definite 9/10. A very rewarding experience all around.
Dec 30, 2010 9:59 PM

Jan 2009
ShadowGilgamesh said:

am i the only one who thinks Natsuno's part in the last ep made him look like a total bitch? i mean, till now he was kickass, but in the final ep we get:
1: Ass kicked by Tatsumi
2: "i never said i was on the humans side, i just don't like you guys"
3: BOOM!
i mean really? you hate the shiki so much you blow yourself up to take out just ONE of them!? real smart thinkin there Natsuno

Considering what he was doing when he died before, I guess it is consistent. He didn't resist against Tohru and accepted to die for his best friend. And now almost all shiki including Tohru have died, he doesn't have a reason to live on, even as he's become a immortal nonhuman. So he decided to use his life to kill the most powerful enemy. Natsuno accepted his fate like Ritsu-chan did, but not like other okiagaris didn't.
Dec 30, 2010 10:21 PM

Nov 2010
Hana-kei said:
Considering what he was doing when he died before, I guess it is consistent. He didn't resist against Tohru and accepted to die for his best friend. And now almost all shiki including Tohru have died, he doesn't have a reason to live on, even as he's become a immortal nonhuman. So he decided to use his life to kill the most powerful enemy. Natsuno accepted his fate like Ritsu-chan did, but not like other okiagaris didn't.

i dunno, it seems like quite a large step to go from accepting death and getting killed to blowing yourself up, especially when he knew that A: he would get more powerful by drinking blood, B: a human wouldn't die from one snacking. and C: he wasn't really on the humans side
i would have liked a fight to the death between superpowers, not a one-sided ass kicking into a kamakazi rush into a self-destruct i guess.
Dec 30, 2010 10:32 PM
Aug 2009
To the Sunako haters, just think of it as a cat box. If you don't see what's inside of it, Sunako isn't confirmed to be alive (or dead). :)
Dec 30, 2010 10:37 PM

Feb 2009
Megumi's death was brutal but she got what she deserved. I wish Muroi died too though. Well I'm just glad Akira lived. :D Overall epic series!
Dec 30, 2010 10:46 PM

Oct 2007
-Sora- said:
Maaaa~n I´m kinda disappointed... why couldn´t this little Sunako bitch just die ?! I fucking hate her sooooo~ much DX

THIS
Dec 30, 2010 11:01 PM

Apr 2007
Meh I wanted Sunako to die <_< and that eye glass monk freak...

oh well good anime
Dec 30, 2010 11:02 PM

Oct 2010
ahhh this was so fun to watch...
Natsuno proved to be epic and play the shikis like a violin all the way to the end.
I think if Sunako died the anime would have bein much better, she kind of deserve it after all, but then another shiki had to survive and idk who was the best to fit this roll.
At the end i couldnt decided who i hated the most: Megumi, Sunako or Muroi. Megumi had a harsh end so she kinda gets excuse from somethings she made imo.
Anyways awesome ending ^^
The couple at the end are Natsunos´s parents right?
huh?
Dec 30, 2010 11:07 PM
Oct 2010
Megumi's death was way too brutal but what she said was a little valid, people do need to change to cope with how society changes. Also what the Old Man said was somewhat valid as well but he was douche bag who also killed innocent people so I was SOOOOOO glad he was killed. I really wanted Toshio to die too.. he was kewl in the beginning but what he did to his wife made him worse then anyone else in the series, for that he should be condemn to hell. Natsuno was too cold in the beginning but when he became friends with Touru and sacrificing himself for his friend that made him cool. To bad he blew himself up. All in all I thought the anime was pretty interesting though the tragedy was kinda depressing.
Dec 30, 2010 11:08 PM

May 2010
It felt a bit rushed but it still a great ending.

Now, we found out where the siblings are.

Megumi's death is just too cruel to be prolonged. :(

And the beardman. Yeah, he's badass to be praised yet he's deserving to die.

So the two jinrous were left in the hole and exploded.

But still a mystery if they can survive since Tatsumi mentioned that they will not die there.

Ozaki mentioned he lost. So for him, it's a mere survival than a win over his goal to protect the village.

The end about Muroi and Sunako left the town was just right yet I felt incomplete after that. Anyway, as to the series. 9/10
Dec 30, 2010 11:25 PM

Jul 2007
Fuck. What awesome shit am I gonna watch now?
Dec 30, 2010 11:28 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS A PURE MASTERPIECE!

Ever since the start in July I've been watching this week by week (except the hiatus) and it's so sad it has ended now :( Ooh, it brings back memories.
From the beginning I didn't like Megumi but when I saw the flashbacks from ep.1 when she saw Natsuno at the bus stop and how she just wanted to live up to her dreams but got so brutally killed... that was so sad :'(
Luckily Akira and Kaori survived.

Still, I want to see more. An after-story :(
Dec 30, 2010 11:31 PM

Feb 2010
magiox said:
Meh I wanted Sunako to die <_< and that eye glass monk freak...

THIS. Natsuno went out a BADASS as did the Doc<3

It's funny how there's so much Shiki lovin' going on now they aren't the ONLY ones attacking anymore. The whole series they attacked families, stalked people, destroyed lives.... ALL with a grin on their face. Sunako didn't look like she was too unhappy with her existence when she would prance around all night talking to the Monk...

I don't feel pity for them... and I know it's a useful tool by writers/illustrators to show us the "other side"... but it got so blatant at parts that it became annoying to me.

I know people will disagree with me, but that's fine.

Although I didn't feel completely satisfied, I give this show a 9/10. It was one hell of a ride... with a few unnecessary drops along the way.
Dec 30, 2010 11:56 PM

Jul 2010
KeroroGunsou said:
THIS IS A PURE MASTERPIECE!

Ever since the start in July I've been watching this week by week (except the hiatus) and it's so sad it has ended now :( Ooh, it brings back memories.
From the beginning I didn't like Megumi but when I saw the flashbacks from ep.1 when she saw Natsuno at the bus stop and how she just wanted to live up to her dreams but got so brutally killed... that was so sad :'(
Luckily Akira and Kaori survived.

Still, I want to see more. An after-story :(

Surely you're not being serious? Masterpiece? Just wow...
Dec 31, 2010 12:02 AM

Nov 2010
There better be some sort of OVA for this.

Akira just "disappeared," supposedly dead, and suddenly he's just sitting casually besides his sister.
It's possible he's a shiki, but they don't explain anything regarding that.
Did Natsuno kill Tatsumi?
Who knows.
I'll hold my judgments and ratings until I get some closure.
Dec 31, 2010 12:17 AM

Dec 2010
I wish Natsuno and Tatsumi didnt die! They wouldnt have survived through that explosion. TT_TT but it wouldve been awesome if they didnt die cause then it would of been 1 good guy and 1 bad guy.... and Seishin+Sunako should of died, Sunako did give up in the end and everything(she lived long enough). I wasnt expecting Seishin to rise up! O_O and so quickly!! But Seishin gives up on God and escapes with her -"-.
Just wondering, but is Seishin a 'werewolf'? cause the sun was rising at the end and he was driving while Sunako was hidden the suitcase, and only werewolves can live in the light.
Dec 31, 2010 12:22 AM

Jan 2010
Kanade-chan said:
I'm glad that Sunako-chan was killed >o< I was so afraid if she is getting killed ;_;

what an english , she died and you afraid that she would die

Well *sigh* Muroi saved her .
Megumi got what she deserves >.<
Dec 31, 2010 12:25 AM

Feb 2008
Kinda rushed ending but still, this last episode was bloody good! =P
Overall, the show was great. Definitely one of the better shows to have come out this year. Giving it an obvious 9/10.
Dec 31, 2010 12:26 AM

Dec 2010
digiboy123 said:
Fuck. What awesome shit am I gonna watch now?

I know! Whats another good anime thats comming up? Hope they make a second season for this cause the end was quite open. They still have room.
Dec 31, 2010 12:28 AM

Sep 2009
I'm a bit surprised by some of these posts. By the end of the show, I felt much worse for Sunako than anyone else in the village. After all of it, I don't think you can really say there were any 'good guys' except for maybe Natsuno.
Dec 31, 2010 12:40 AM

Jan 2009
Damn loli-loving Japanese storyboard artists. You just couldn't bring yourself to killing a little death-deserving bitch like Sunako in the story huh? Tsk.

On a side note, I don't know if a season 2 would come after this. The ending made me feel like it was all over but the main components are still alive for a second season.

Overall, a pretty effing epic series. 8 because of the last 2 mins of letting them live. *facepalm*
Dec 31, 2010 12:51 AM

Jul 2009
There probably won't be a second season from how this ended. It was just another semi-typical cliff hanger ending (not that bad though).
Dec 31, 2010 1:07 AM

Nov 2010
Welp, I just looked it up, and there's going to be two more episodes included with the DVD's.
Doesn't look like another episode after this one, but rather episodes to better explain stuff that happened before (maybe we'll see how the hell Akira got away from being eaten).
Dec 31, 2010 1:40 AM
Aug 2009
Valexi said:
Welp, I just looked it up, and there's going to be two more episodes included with the DVD's.
Doesn't look like another episode after this one, but rather episodes to better explain stuff that happened before (maybe we'll see how the hell Akira got away from being eaten).

Dec 31, 2010 1:52 AM

Jan 2008
Very nice ending, with a classical horror twist (unresolved ending with Sunako surviving). Because of the latter I hope there'll be no sequel. The ending is good as it is.

Overall, a good series but nothing groundbreaking. Still, heaps better than almost anything coming out lately.

8/10

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Dec 31, 2010 2:10 AM

Jun 2010
I loved it honestly. The background music, the bloody clothes, the helpless rambling of Megumi, and the struggle for survival of two species....It was definitely what I wanted. However, am I the only one that feel as though Kaori and Akira should have been the only ones to make it out alive. That would've made that bittersweet ending I'm ever so drawn to.
Dec 31, 2010 2:27 AM

Jul 2010
Omg how dare they kill megumi curse you village may you burn in hell.
Dec 31, 2010 2:31 AM

Feb 2010
the ending was rushed but overall a great show 9/10
Dec 31, 2010 2:42 AM

Jul 2010
Pfff the village should have died with them :(

The part of megumi was just to sad those people are like we dont care we like killing no matter who or what it is.
Dec 31, 2010 2:57 AM
Jan 2009
Hopefully there will be specials showing if the Jinrou excluding Muroi lived and where Muroi and Sunako went to.
Dec 31, 2010 2:58 AM

May 2010
F*ck I'm gonna hate Muroi for the rest of my life.

Whoever Megumi's VA is, I love her now. I felt sorry for her selfish rambling but never felt the same for Sunako.

10/10 one of the best of year 2010.
Dec 31, 2010 3:18 AM

Oct 2007
I was really hoping Ozaki would get trapped by the fire trying to hide the bodies. Would've been a very "poetic justice" way to die.

I also have to say I felt really bad for Megumi at the end. All she wanted to do was move out of the village to live a regular life.

Dec 31, 2010 3:25 AM

Jan 2009
lol Akira was alive, and Kaori is broken, as she's been for a while now.
MEGUMI! щ(゚Д゚щ)
Also, suddenly everything just ended, and there's nothing that I'd want a continuation on, wow. An actual end. Those don't happen often nowadays.
OosranDec 31, 2010 5:04 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 31, 2010 3:37 AM

Mar 2010
what what its out???? omg im gonna watch it now !
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 31, 2010 3:38 AM

Feb 2009
Okay but kinda predictable ending.I kinda wanted a ''Kill Em All'' one but I'm quite pleased with what I got.

The whole scene at the end with the burning corpses was ''depressingly'' beautiful...in a ''Purge the place'' kind of way.

In retrospect,this was more of a tragedy than a horror.It just makes you hope those poor characters will at least find happiness after death.

7-8/10 for the series as a whole.Enthralling atmosphere and good themes.The whole thing was somewhat predictable though and the cast isn't really given the proper time to develop.
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Dec 31, 2010 4:04 AM

Jun 2008
ShadowGilgamesh said:
Hana-kei said:
now almost all shiki including Tohru have died, he doesn't have a reason to live on, even as he's become a immortal nonhuman. So he decided to use his life to kill the most powerful enemy. Natsuno accepted his fate like Ritsu-chan did, but not like other okiagaris didn't.

i dunno, it seems like quite a large step to go from accepting death and getting killed to blowing yourself up, especially when he knew that A: he would get more powerful by drinking blood, B: a human wouldn't die from one snacking. and C: he wasn't really on the humans side
i would have liked a fight to the death between superpowers, not a one-sided ass kicking into a kamakazi rush into a self-destruct i guess.

Why would you want to become more powerful if you hate what you´ve become?

Natsuno´s death makes sense. first of all he "died" for Tohru, he felt betrayed for his best friend. When Tohru was bitting Natsuno we all remember Natsuno said "i have a feeling i cannot leave this village anymore". Now Natsuno says to Tatsumi that was dead for a long time. And he was. His heart felt like dead to be betrayed.

So many people complaining about his wonderful quote that he was not on the humans side. Now what? Natsuno knew that both humans and shiki can be monsters. Didnt the shiki killed almost an entire population with a smile on their faces? Didnt the humans killed other humans without even caring they´re were killing members of their own?

In the end Natsuno was the most intelligent person. Did Natsuno haters realized the pain on his eyes when he watched Tohru dead? or when he left Kaoru on the hospital?
He got his revenge on shiki, and since he hated Shiki and became one, he killed himself too. Just like Richan, he didnt wanted to end up having to live hating himself.

And well sorry to disappoint you Natsuno haters, but if it wasnt for him, Ozaki would have been killed too and the story would end right there. At least the humans fought. Natsuno did a lot more than the useless monk.
And although Natsuno wasn't on the humans side, he proved to care about his friends.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 31, 2010 4:32 AM

Apr 2009
as much as everyone including me would hate it, i knew Muroi-san would live towards the end and as a shiki, too, along with Sunako in a box..somehow, i think the ending fits..

with the overall atmosphere building at the start, making vampires a bit creepier again despite other medias ruining them, mind games with the doctor vs shiki, humans fighting back, humans overdid it again brutally, everything went for naught in the end with the fire, it's still not over with some of them shiki remaining, i'd have to say that for me, this is the best TV anime of the year..
Dec 31, 2010 4:34 AM
Dec 2010
I began to watch the Anime before three days, and yesterday I watched the final episode!
I don't really know, at the begin of course I was at the humans side, didn't know something more about the Shiki, but as I got more Information about them, I changed the side! At the end, I was fully at the Shikis Side!
What the doctor did with his wife, was totally...not okay! And as they killed chizuru, I was totally disappointed about the humans! I know what terrible things the Kirishiki and then the Shiki did, but they were only searching for a home, a place where they can live, without hiding... Hard to explain!
At the first episode, I totally liked Megumi, I could understand her! As she was killed, I was really sad! She only wanted to get out there, because she didn't fit, because she was different... And then they killed her in this totally brutal way!
Most of you don't like this mercy thing with the Shiki, and especially with Sunako! But it worked on me, I was totally sorry for Sunako at the end! But as I saw the car, Muori and the boy, I was really happy!
Muori, besides Sunako and Megumi, was my favorite character in this show! I love his way to think... That he killed the men, who should kill Sunako, didn't fit totally with my opinion about him...But altough I like him really much :)
Pages (20) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KingOmerta - Sep 16, 2010

190 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.