Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 18 19 [20]
Dec 30, 2023 11:00 AM
Mar 2010
This show took a huge nosedive from the 2nd half which was neatly set up in the first half. It also has One of the worst cast of characters I've ever seen in an anime. Good God.
Dec 31, 2023 4:30 PM
Feb 2021
Holy crap, this was horrible.
Jan 14, 8:19 PM
Jan 2020
The ending was emotional but sort of satisfying also
Jan 31, 7:31 PM
Feb 2015
Well fitting ending, it already doom for everyone so the curtains down with the fire is perfect. Yuuki already suceed in his suicide mission to bring down tatsumi with him. The only unsatisfying to see is Yuuki's useless dad and the young monk that have become shiki surviving. Good that Kaori brother is alive and well. Dr ozaki and all vilagers should run away from the village from first episode. Sunako said god forsaken her but it does not seem like that, Muroi is stil protecting and with her afterall
Feb 15, 9:57 AM
May 2020
holy fuck I don't give a shit about sunako and morai I wish they both died. I enjoyed the series overall, toshios comeback was great. I really wish those 2 died I don't understand why you can feel sympathy for shiki
Feb 22, 9:33 AM

Jun 2019
iowaska said:
I don't understand why you can feel sympathy for shiki

Shiki were just trying to live. I don't understand why you would feel less sympathy for shiki than any other organism, all of which need to eat in some capacity to survive, and all of which, other than plants, are killers or opportunistically prey upon death.
Feb 24, 3:30 PM
May 2020
Reply to WatchTillTandava
iowaska said:
I don't understand why you can feel sympathy for shiki

Shiki were just trying to live. I don't understand why you would feel less sympathy for shiki than any other organism, all of which need to eat in some capacity to survive, and all of which, other than plants, are killers or opportunistically prey upon death.
@WatchTillTandava can you name a organism that comes back after death and kills and eats the same species it previously was? sorry i dont feel sympathy for anything that would prey on my own (the human) race, they are freaks especially the loli girl that killed hundreds or thousands alone
Feb 24, 3:58 PM

Jun 2019
iowaska said:
@WatchTillTandava can you name a organism that comes back after death and kills and eats the same species it previously was? sorry i dont feel sympathy for anything that would prey on my own (the human) race, they are freaks especially the loli girl that killed hundreds or thousands alone

I think that you are speaking from a place of fear and self-preservationist survival instinct, of being naturally inclined to be opposed automatically on principle to anything which you deem poses a threat to the human species, and therefore by extension yourself/your family. That's understandable. But Seishin Muroi had lost his own survival instincts and will to carry on living as he had been before the shiki arrived in the village, which is why he sees Sunako specifically and the shiki generally in a very different light. Like a (dark) breath of fresh air. Because they are here in Sotoba in the first place on his indirect invitation, after all. It's his description of the village - its geography and seclusion, economy, etc. from the writing in his novels which attracted them there. So Sunako interprets that also as a cry for help and sees a kindred spirit in him. Also demonstrating that they very much retain human-esque intelligence and feelings.

As with all other organisms that have ever lived which we're aware of, they didn't choose their unique biology and circumstances of birth.
WatchTillTandavaFeb 24, 4:03 PM
Apr 10, 11:14 AM
Mar 2020
I need to work on my English writing to clearly demonstrate how disappointed I am now by this anime.
Pages (20) « First ... « 18 19 [20]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KingOmerta - Sep 16, 2010

190 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.