Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 27, 2010 8:59 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Zakuro is really strong!

Summary
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 27, 2010 11:08 AM

Nov 2007
And its finally over. ~sigh~
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 27, 2010 11:38 AM

Apr 2010
Ending itself could have been better.
Still it was a pretty good episode it had everything.
It was obvious that the soldiers would come back but that Zakuro and Agamaki would get teased was fun to watch.
I wonder what happened to all those Half Spirits that Daidai released tho nothing was mentioned about them.

This Anime was the biggest surprise this season and it was really enjoying to watch.
Shame it's only 13 episodes would have definitely wanted to see more of this.
Dec 27, 2010 11:56 AM

Nov 2008
A tsundere romance with an actual conclusive romantic ending, that's a first, made the series way better. Excellent episode and anime, but a bit too short.

Dec 27, 2010 12:05 PM

Dec 2009
Man im going to miss this show, glad there back together in the end, 9/10 easy
Dec 27, 2010 12:11 PM

Jul 2010
shanimebib said:
And its finally over. ~sigh~

agree with you babe
yeo
Dec 27, 2010 12:24 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Agemaki and Zakuro CHU!!!!!

Awesome ending :P Il miss this anime
Dec 27, 2010 12:37 PM

Jul 2010
That ending was surprisingly satisfying. Not bad for anime original (romance wise), I thought. The whole thing with Hanadate needed work, though.

The first half was so-so, but the battle was a lot better than I thought it would be. Much better than what I'm used to, anyways.

I would have liked to've seen more between Riken and Susukihotaru, but their embrace was priceless. Ganryu and the Twins ending was cute and amusing, as fitting of their characters. My favorites would be Zakuro and Agemaki. For a second there I was worried I wasn't going to get my kiss! I'm glad I wasn't disappointed.

I loved the part with the two kids coming in and tattling on Agemaki and Zakuro. But the best part by far was Agemaki sulking just to get Zakuro to admit her feelings.

This show was truly enjoyable and undoubtedly my favorite of the fall season. 9/10.
Dec 27, 2010 12:52 PM

Nov 2009
Well the fact that they did the whole, we are leave, but really we are not was the only bad thing about this episode. Oh, and the fact that the kiss scene was slightly cut off.

I have to say when they actually have battles scenes the animation doesn't slacken, despite the fact that Zakuro basically one shot the widow. The kids teasing them at the end was indeed awesome.
ep.- (Good end 10/10)
Dec 27, 2010 12:58 PM

Sep 2009
Hoppy said:
A tsundere romance with an actual conclusive romantic ending, that's a first, made the series way better. Excellent episode and anime, but a bit too short.

J.S.Staff just don't want to make same mistake twice. Kaicho wa Maid-sama was 26 eps. long but second half was way worser then first one and anime had quite bad sales. So this time they prefer to make less amount of eps. but don't make it to dragged out. They could make second season if it would be needed.
Dec 27, 2010 1:09 PM

Mar 2008
This show was amazing. Kind of sad they didn't properly show the kiss, though. :c 8/10 although it's probably closer to a 9.
Dec 27, 2010 1:31 PM

Jul 2009
ahahahaha, Agemaki the kisser!(:

I wish there was more...
I loved this anime it was so cuuute(:
If you can't beat 'em, try again.

Dec 27, 2010 1:32 PM

Apr 2010
Lol'd at Ending

Dec 27, 2010 1:38 PM

Jan 2008
Daidai ='(

Show was still awesome; can really feel the love in the last episode.
Dec 27, 2010 1:52 PM

Jul 2007
i missed the chant during the final fight :-(
Dec 27, 2010 2:05 PM

Apr 2010
Good ending, very few lose ties in the end. I'd like to know what happened to the half-spirits in the village and what Omodaka was up to after the events in the village, but I'm not bothered with it that much. This anime was a very good surprise indeed. I give it 7/10.

I just wish there were more romantic scenes with Zakuro and Agemaki as a couple!
Dec 27, 2010 2:05 PM
May 2009
I laught the most when Omodaka wanted to stay with her mother and everyone was like "GOTTA HURRY UP", but they not only managed to have some small talks, but also, Omodaka and his servants managed to escape... Also, when the black widow was waiting for sisters' cheap drama to end, and when Zakuro woke up, she obviously did the same, waiting for her talk to end. And of course she didn't eat Zakuro and Agemaki until he hugged her and told her he loves her. She's quite tactful~ I seriously laughed my ass off.
The last part was funny and animated very nicely.
Well, the whole series was outstanding visually-wise, but the story and characters were so cliche that I ended up scoring it 5/10.
Dec 27, 2010 2:06 PM

Sep 2009
awesome episode.

This was one of the best series the season had to offer.

Hah, and the Agemaki-Zakuro tease at the end was great :D

oh, and that pity omodaka didn't die T_T
Dec 27, 2010 2:54 PM

Mar 2010
Pretty good ending. First half was a bit messy melodrama but second half made up for it.

8/10
Dec 27, 2010 2:55 PM

Dec 2009
The ending was good though I felt immensely cheated by the cut away from the kiss scene *fumes*

Agemaki the Kisser! lol, those pumpkin kids are the cutest thing yet!

And wait a minute...was that Omodaka and Byakuroku??!!

Also Susukihotaru would make THE perfect wife, Riken's so lucky. I am also slightly miffed that they didn't get a kiss scene either but what does it matter, they'd have put that blasted cut away there as well.

Anywho, I'm going to miss this series so much. It was one of my favourites this season. It'll be nice to have a season 2 but it's good the way it is. :)
Signatures were meant to be:

A. Flashy (40% of MAL users)
B. Creative (56% of MAL users)
C. Cool (4% of MAL users)
D. None of the above (your signature)

Dec 27, 2010 2:57 PM

Aug 2010
Surprisingly good show considering I hadn't planned on watching it at first.

The battle was pretty good considering this show wasn't exactly an action anime. Some copy pasta but oh well.

Resolution was a little too.... uh, easy I guess is the word. Suddenly no one cares that hanadatte was trying to rape his sister. He deserved at LEAST a punch in the mouth.

Also would have liked more Susukihotaru. She's my favorite in this series :x But it's pretty obvious what they were thinking even if it wasn't thrown in our faces, I guess.

Last scene was pretty funny, and the "now we begin our real work" and quick reinstating of spirit affairs almost sets us up for some OVA's or a season 2, if sales go well.

Overall I give the show an 8/10, really good and was fun to watch.
Dec 27, 2010 3:18 PM

Feb 2010
This show was awesome....

It was moving, fun, lighthearted, deep, romantic, silly and beautiful.

My fave this season forsure!!!

9/10.
Dec 27, 2010 3:39 PM
Jun 2009
Great series!

Too bad that it was so short a full season would have been great! I gave it a 9.

Also the manga scanlation isn't up to par with the anime even, looks like a dead end... Just when an anime drought is coming for me...
Dec 27, 2010 3:46 PM

May 2009
Hahaha! Those youkai kids in the end rule :D Chu, chuuuu~
A great conclusion to a fine show.
We all feel sad for Daidai, for Zakuro's mother. And we all rejoice for our new couples :)
I'm glad spirit affairs were reinstated, and i'm glad Zakuro didn't anticipate that and went honest for a moment there hehe ;)
I don't know how this anime is compared to manga, but the show itself was ok. With a lucky number of episodes :D another show ended this season. It was fun~
Dec 27, 2010 4:03 PM

Feb 2009
How can Zakuro be so strong of a fighter when neither her mom or dad weren't? It seem that everyone got what they needed.
Dec 27, 2010 4:06 PM

Mar 2010
Last episode...

Really a nice ending. Everything's done well and I'm hoping for another season.

Agemaki and Zakuro CHU!!!!!

LOL yeah.

What's up with Omodake and Byakuroku at the end???
Dec 27, 2010 4:09 PM

Feb 2010
Some clichees, a strange end, a really good last episode. 9/10
Dec 27, 2010 4:48 PM
Jul 2008
Good ending to this series, but the last fight scene is disappointing. All Zakuro did was remove the pendent and gained an abundant amount of power for one slash. All that aside, I am happy that Zakuro and Agemaki finally confessed their feelings for each other and ends with a kiss. The partings from Riken to Susukihotaru and Ganryuu to both Houzuki and Bonbori were also good.

I am surprised that Omodaka and Byakuroku are alive and spending their time together. Too bad Daidai dies. And honestly, I didn’t think the Spirit Affairs would get established that quickly.
Dec 27, 2010 5:27 PM

Jul 2008
I don't think Spirit Affairs should have been reinstated. It kind of killed all the emotional build up of the ending.
Dec 27, 2010 5:38 PM

Sep 2009
I'm really happy with the progress of Zakuro and Agemaki's relationship. Though now that it's over, I want some more. We need one more season with the relationships already established.
Dec 27, 2010 6:24 PM

Aug 2008
After 13 episodes, the anime hasn't improved one bit. My comments from the episode 1 discussion is still exactly how I feel about this disgraceful anime.

llamaben said:
A very bad start for this series. The characters were absolutely terrible (except the tall guy), the attempted comedy failed, and on top of that it was just plain boring. I actually had decent expectations for this, but now it's definitely a strong candidate for my worst of the season. Starting at 3/10.

Adding to that, the romance was done very poorly. The story and action weren't too bad, but they definitely don't make up for the other features. It's definitely my worst anime of this season, my second worst anime of the year, and the third worst TV series I have ever seen. My final rating is a 2/10.
llamabenDec 28, 2010 1:42 AM
Dec 27, 2010 7:08 PM

Sep 2009
Thillygooth said:
Surprisingly good show considering I hadn't planned on watching it at first.

I agree. I'm glad that I picked this up.

It was good to see the series end on a nice note. I do have to say though, that I didn't care at all for the whole Omodaka bit, and it dampened my enjoyment of the series a little. It just seemed a little over the top and cliched to me.

The second half of the episode was nice though, although the sudden reinstatement seemed a little odd, almost if it was tossed in later just to keep the ending a little more open. It was nice to get a few more moments of the couples together, and I'm glad we got at least some romantic closure, I have to give major bonus points for that. It seems like too rare of an occurrence in shows like this. I ended up enjoying the series immensely, and it's one of my favorites out of this season for sure.

Though out of everything I have to say the fact that the kiss got cut off probably irked me the most.
Dec 27, 2010 7:11 PM

May 2009
tsundere being honest with her feelings = TOTAL WIN!

nice ending, this is the kind of ending i like in my romance series ~w~
Dec 27, 2010 7:17 PM

Sep 2010
Happy ending for Spirit Affairs.
Sad ending for Omodaka and Byakuroku, but they seem to manage.
I don't want it to be over. ;_;
Dec 27, 2010 7:25 PM

Nov 2008
Was hoping for more romantic scenes between Zakuro and Agemaki! The whole anime overall i think was pretty fine. 8/10
Dec 27, 2010 7:32 PM

May 2009
Nice, conclusive ending to a very consistent and enjoyable series. Loved the chat/confession/kiss between Zakuro and Agemaki. I laughed a lot when Zakuro said, "You were such a wuss that I had to man up." And the post-credit scene was really cute and hilarious. Go Agemaki the Kisser! As much as I enjoyed the series, I don't feel the need for another season.
Dec 27, 2010 7:58 PM

Aug 2010
/sighs/ I am happy with this ending and I feel like we might get a second season! The scene with Riken Susukihotaru was like just *_____*

I wish they would have kissed but it's alright. I'm going to miss this show a lot. Probably one of the better endings this season.
Dec 27, 2010 8:02 PM

Oct 2010
I was really hoping for a Susukihotaru x Riken kiss but other than that this was a decent ending considering it was made up for the anime.
Dec 27, 2010 8:11 PM

Jul 2008
When the credits were going through. I was like, "No way. They wouldn't separate them." and then I was like, "Oh no. They are."

Then the last minute came up and everything was happy again. XD

So glad I picked up this show when the first episode aired.
Dec 27, 2010 8:44 PM

Aug 2010
Good ending, I thought it wasn't going to be as good as it was so I'm pleasantly surprised.
Dec 27, 2010 11:54 PM

Jul 2010
Awww I loved it. I want more!
Dec 28, 2010 12:05 AM

Aug 2010
Going to miss this show.

Dec 28, 2010 12:59 AM

May 2008
This show is Sweet. One of the series i was looking forward to every week......It's a bummer that it's over..
Dec 28, 2010 1:05 AM

Nov 2007
Hanakiri's yubikiri with Bonbori and Hoozuki. ♥ x 100
Riken's hug to convey his true feelings to Susukihotaru. ♥ x 100
Kei being a wuss even after confessing to Zakuro twice and Zakuro letting her feelings known and then the kissu scene. ♥ x 100

Getting an S2 will entirely depend on how much DVDs are sold even though apparently the anime did come to a conclusion (with an anime only ending as it caught up with the manga). This reminds me of J.C Staff's another anime Zero no Tsukaima. Well, due to Kugimiya Rei's ever awesome performance in that anime as Louise, it was delightfully embraced by anime fans and despite having a conclusion to the anime by the end of it (with an anime only ending, since the novel was still ongoing), they still did a second season which followed the novel (it was pretty good how they linked the anime ending with the novel continuation) followed by yet another third season which didn't follow the novel until the end (becoming a 100% ecchi anime without any decent plot) just because of a very good response from the fans. If Zakuro becomes popular and sells good in the DVD market, there is a good chance of getting a Season 2.

The Plus points are:
a) Outstanding and renowned Seiyuus and there roles in the anime.
b) Advanced Animation, Background and Detail levels in the anime.
c) Great flow of the overall story almost the entire anime (despite being a bit predictable here and there) along with nice romance in it.
d) 4 complete singles included in a 1Q show with Sphere performing the opening theme song and 3 anime original singles.

The drawbacks are:
a) Anime only ending.
b) Didn't become much popular (may be lack of publicity).
b) and probably most importantly, NOT being an Ecchi anime. Argue with me as much as you like, any substandard ecchi show will sell more than an overall decent anime like Otome Youkai Zakuro.

That being said, I will be hopeful that the DVD sells go high, even though this show is worth BD releases, for now, J.C. Staff won't be gambling on the BD market which has always been a swarm of ecchi shows.

As for the anime, it will remain one of my favourite anime from 2010. A great watch overall and probably the best romance genre anime along with Kuragehime to come out this year. I will just overlook the fact that Omodaka is still alive. The good things about the ending are far greater than the bad thing about it. So, I am giving it a deserved 9/10.
shanimebibDec 28, 2010 1:11 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 28, 2010 1:07 AM

Jun 2010
Chu no Agemaki da!
LOL.

Dec 28, 2010 2:26 AM

Aug 2008
the way Agemaki had Zakura to admit she likes him was hilarious xD the whole series was interesting and the ending was sweet ;3
9/10 for me~ I hope we get to see a 2nd season anytime soon ^^..
Dec 28, 2010 2:42 AM

Feb 2010
ok ending overall a good show
Dec 28, 2010 5:30 AM

Nov 2008
Iilia said:
That ending was surprisingly satisfying. Not bad for anime original (romance wise), I thought. The whole thing with Hanadate needed work, though.

The first half was so-so, but the battle was a lot better than I thought it would be. Much better than what I'm used to, anyways.

I would have liked to've seen more between Riken and Susukihotaru, but their embrace was priceless. Ganryu and the Twins ending was cute and amusing, as fitting of their characters. My favorites would be Zakuro and Agemaki. For a second there I was worried I wasn't going to get my kiss! I'm glad I wasn't disappointed.

I loved the part with the two kids coming in and tattling on Agemaki and Zakuro. But the best part by far was Agemaki sulking just to get Zakuro to admit her feelings.

This show was truly enjoyable and undoubtedly my favorite of the fall season. 9/10.

Well your post said everything I planned to other then "wait Omodaka and Bya?" lol
Dec 28, 2010 6:01 AM

Jan 2010
To be honest , i respect Hanadate Liteunant
Dec 28, 2010 6:55 AM

Jun 2010
A realy nice ending for all the characters in the show IMO.
Well except for the spider lady, she gave me the creeps, pledging her love and wanting to swallow Omodoka at the same time...

It was pretty much an open ending. They could continue on fighting evil spirits... I hope they would make a second season.

Art : 10
Story : 9
Characters : 10 !!!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» It was only the perfect anime for the first two episodes until....

Kiryotsu - Jan 31

2 by lifeandstories »»
Feb 1, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Otome Youkai Zakuro Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 18, 2010

70 by CalmTeaTime »»
Dec 11, 2023 3:19 PM

Poll: » Otome Youkai Zakuro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jinjos - Oct 4, 2010

162 by CalmTeaTime »»
Dec 11, 2023 3:17 PM

Poll: » Otome Youkai Zakuro Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2010

82 by Zekkenshin »»
Feb 10, 2021 1:28 PM

Poll: » Otome Youkai Zakuro Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jinjos - Oct 11, 2010

73 by removed-user »»
Aug 14, 2020 4:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.