Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 4, 2008 9:34 AM

Mar 2007
I decided to create a thread specifically for all new members to introduce themselves! =D

Even if it's been a while since you joined, you can still introduce yourself here. Even though the club has over 300 members many of them rarely participate, and I would love to get to know you all... so step forward and greet us!

You don't know how to start off? Then let me give you some suggestions:

- How old are you? Are you male or female? Which country are you from?
- How long have you been watching Asian Dramas?
- How did you find out about our club? What do you think of it so far?
- How many dramas have you watched? Which do you prefer (japanese, korean, chinese, ...)? And what are your favourite dramas?
- What will you watch next? Do you want any suggestions?

Greetings,
- ADA staff
algelicJun 4, 2008 9:41 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 4, 2008 12:54 PM

Jan 2008
I guess I'll start off first, though I am not really a new member. (maybe I am?)

How old are you? Are you male or female? Which country are you from?
- I'm 18. I live in the USA.
How long have you been watching Asian Dramas?
- Around a year I think?
How did you find out about our club? What do you think of it so far?
- I cannot remember exactly. . .I looked around and stumbled upon it I think. I am liking it, Everyone seems extrodinarily nice. =3 My only wish is that I could be a bit more active.
How many dramas have you watched? Which do you prefer (japanese, korean, chinese, ...)? And what are your favourite dramas?
I believe I've watched around 40 (haha) dramas. So far I am preferring Jdramas, but that could be because that is what I've seen the most of. Some favorites series include: Great Teacher Onizuka, Long Love Letter, Hua Yang Shao Nian Shao Nu, 1 Pound no Fukuin, Kimi wa Petto, Yukan Club, Kou Kou Kyoushi 2003, Nodame Cantabile, and others. . .
What will you watch next? Do you want any suggestions?
Here is my 'top priority' list for watching -
A.F.R.I.K.A
Around 40
Bambino!
Coffee Prince
My Girl
Proposal Daisakusen
Romantic Princess
Swing Girls

If anyone else has suggestions for me I will love to have some thrown my way. =3
ShishouNov 26, 2008 10:23 AM
Jun 4, 2008 2:12 PM
Sep 2007
*How old are you? Are you male or female? Which country are you from?*
I am 18, female, from the U.S.

*How long have you been watching Asian Dramas?*
I started watching dramas last year during the summer time.

*How did you find out about our club? What do you think of it so far?*
I was just searching for a place that talked about dramas. I like the club as they give good recommendations for different dramas to watch.

*How many dramas have you watched? Which do you prefer (japanese, korean, chinese, ...)? And what are your favourite dramas?*
I haven't watched many dramas yet, but I will continue. I like all of the different languages. So far, my favorites are Coffee Prince (Kdrama) and Devil Beside You (TWdrama).

*What will you watch next? Do you want any suggestions?*
I am watching Fated to Love You (TWdrama), Coffee Prince (Kdrama), and Love Contract (TWdrama) right now, so I have no idea what I will watch next.

This is a good way to get in touch with all of the different members.
Jun 4, 2008 2:29 PM

Mar 2007
@Shishou: I recommend that you start with "My Girl" first. It's awesome. Maybe you'll like Coffee Prince better, so you should watch My Girl first... before you can compare it with Coffee Prince. ;)

@Blackkat: Welcome! :D You're a fan for almost as long as me! I see you have a taste for taiwanese dramas. I think you'll loooove the taiwanese version of HanaKimi.

You're both just one year younger than me. xD yay! I'm not the youngest here!
Jun 4, 2008 2:56 PM

Jan 2008
@Angelic: Ooh, yay! I guess it was a good thing that I was already thinking of starting My Girl before Coffee Prince. Thank you for the recommendation. Now I am definitely planning on watching My Girl before hand.
And no, you are not the youngest! Isn't that always fun to find out? =P
Jun 4, 2008 4:10 PM
May 2008
My name is Jose, and I'm 21. I live in the USA(WI). I've been watching dramas for about 2 years I think. And no I'm not gay, a friend of mine got me hooked. She kept having me watch them with her, and I couldn't say no to her. But eventually she got me hooked.

anyways my favorite type of dramas are Kdramas, but I do enjoy cdramas and jdramas too. My favorite drama is probably Stairway to Heaven, with 1 litre of tears not to far behind.
Gaming_BumJun 4, 2008 9:02 PM
- Signature Removed -
The signature seriously lacked "It's a Sony" qualities.
Jun 4, 2008 4:27 PM

Aug 2007
I'm 19, female, and from the U.S.

Not long.

I think I was just going through the club list. I'm not active enough to have a solid opinion.

How many dramas have you watched? Which do you prefer (japanese, korean, chinese, ...)? And what are your favourite dramas?
I'm still new to the whole drama scene, though I'm leaning more towards the Japanese side of things. I have to say my favorite so far is the live Prince of Tennis movie.

I've started watching the Japanese version of the Hana Kimi drama, which I plan to continue watching at some point.
I'm open for suggestions.
Jun 4, 2008 5:49 PM
May 2008
Tennis girl, you should try out korean dramas if you like romance.

Full House - no it's not the same full house we grew up watching. It's a romantic comedy, It's pretty awesome

Stairway to heaven - This is so much like a soap opera, and it's so sad. :( If you do watch it, I suggest you at least watch 3 eps, if it doesn't catch your interest after that then you probably won't like the rest. It's personally my favorite drama

As for Jdramas

1 litre of tears - possibly the saddest drama I've seen and one of the best, and it's sort of based off of a real story. I don't think there is any other drama like it.

Densha Otoko - It's about an nerd getting love advice from an internet message board. The show is hilarious and sweet

places where you can watch dramas

http://www.d-addicts.com
http://www.veoh.com (most likely you'll have to download their video player, but I think it's worth it)
http://www.mysoju.com
http://www.Crunchyroll.com
- Signature Removed -
Jun 4, 2008 6:30 PM

Oct 2007
I don't care if i'm not "new". i like introduction threads =3 .... XD

- A/S/L?
I'm 19, Female, and I live in the US (NY)

I've seen dramas since around 2004 (deep love, marmalade boy) but I thought they were awful. When the tw Hana kimi came out i loved it and followed it on a weekly basis... But I really didn't start watching a lot of dramas untill November of 2007 :P

I was looking for a hana yori dango drama club in like... December, since I had just watched it (and had just started my drama addiction because of it), and I came across this and joined it. Even though i'm such a newb when it comes to dramas I love it here~ everyone is so nice and they give good recs and I love the movies of the week~ :)

How many dramas have you watched? Which do you prefer? And what are your favourite dramas?
I've only completed around 10ish drama series, and about the same amount of movies. I've really seen mostly jdramas, so i'd have to say they're my "favorite". My favorite dramas (so far~) are Coffee Prince, Hana Kimi (tw), Nodame Cantabile, HYD, and Last Friends is really close up to becoming a fave~.

I think I have enough suggestions or series I want to watch.. But my most anticipated series to watch are Goong, Romantic Princess, Waterboys, Densha Otoko, My name is kim sam soon, and My Girl.
katsupJun 5, 2008 8:17 AM
Jun 4, 2008 7:08 PM
Aug 2007
Hello everyone..Im somewhat new in this club..
So, here's the description of my taste in asian drama

Im 25, female, from Singapore..

almost a year and a half

I got an invite from one of the members. And im happy i got to know such a wonderful club.

- How many dramas have you watched? Which do you prefer (japanese, korean, chinese, ...)? And what are your favourite dramas?
Oh...ive watched too many. I started with CDrama "Eternal Happiness" in our local channel. I liked it. Then came the streaming and so and i watched my first favourite "Hana Yori Dango". I just loved it.

My favourites are : HYD, DBY, Remote, Zhanshen(MARS), Nodame cantabile, ISWAK, My girl, Goong,...
I forgot some names..hehe

now im watching Coffee prince, Id like few suggestions coz i dont have anything else in mind
Jun 4, 2008 7:52 PM

Sep 2007
Hello everyone! I've never been active in this club... So, I'll be introducing myself to all of you! ^^

I'm 17, female, from the Philippines

Not that long really. ^^

I forgot how I encountered this club. ^^ Gomen nasai.

Japanese, it's easier to understand. 2nd is Chinese, because the characters are handsome, and lastly, Korean, just because I grew tired of them. :( I don't know How many I've watched, and my favorite dramas. But I loved Love Story in Harvard, Wonderful life, Hana Kimi - the two versions, and... I forgot them. haha!

I seriously don't know. Sorry. ^^
Jun 4, 2008 9:01 PM
May 2008
lol It seems I'm the only male here. Now I really do feel gay.
- Signature Removed -
Jun 4, 2008 9:48 PM
Sep 2007
@Gaming_Bum: There is nothing wrong with a guy watching dramas.

@rainbow_heart: When I first started watching dramas, I started with Japanese. That seemed to be the easiest for me to understand. But, because I have watched the TWdramas and a Kdrama (and speak a little bit of all three languages, mainly Jap. and Korean) I found that the dramas are somewhat better than Japanese dramas.

I actually did start watching Hana Kimi TW version, but then I found out that they were not making a second season. I want to see what would have happened since the writers were following the manga really well.
Jun 4, 2008 9:53 PM

Oct 2007
@Gaming_Bum: yeah, theres nothing wrong with the fact that you like dramas. Actually, one of the staff members is a guy (pillows) :P so you're not alone! lol

@blackkat: What?! There won't be a second season for tw hanakimi? but they said they were going to make a second season , which is why the drama left unfinished. I'm upset now :( It was a really good adaptation of hanakimi!
Jun 4, 2008 10:03 PM
Sep 2007
That is what Wikipedia said, though whether or not that is true remains to be seen. The article said that the two main actors for the drama were going to sign for the next season, but the director denied the claim.
Jun 4, 2008 10:07 PM

Mar 2007
There WILL be a second season, I'm pretty sure. Wu Chun kept mentioning in his blog that he was shooting it. And they already finished.
Jun 4, 2008 10:11 PM
Sep 2007
Okay. I am liking that news. I think all fans of Hana Kimi TW will like that as well. I was really disappointed when I read that article. I will wait to watch it though since I would probably start mixing up where I am at in my other dramas...
Jun 4, 2008 11:32 PM

Apr 2008
Well, I'm new around here so hello gaiz :D
- How old are you? Are you male or female? Which country are you from?-
16 year old female for Australia
- How long have you been watching Asian Dramas?-
A pretty long time, if you consider the dubbed ones my mum watches but I started watching heavily around 2 years ago
- How did you find out about our club? What do you think of it so far?-
Search for drama fans :D (I love dramas more than anime), I'm new so no established opinion... yet
- How many dramas have you watched? Which do you prefer (japanese, korean, chinese, ...)? And what are your favourite dramas?-
Honestly, too many to count, I usually watch Japanese and Korean dramas with the occasional (very, very occasional) Chinese drama
- What will you watch next? Do you want any suggestions?-
My top priority dramas to watch at the moment are:
1. Soulmate
2. High Kick
3. When It's At Night
4. Cat Street
5. Maou
6. HANA KIMI SP!

Also, if you want to give me suggestions, I prefer romantic comedies (the fluffier the better) with a little edge
Jun 4, 2008 11:57 PM

Jul 2006
@bum: actually all my drama buddies starting out were guys. i didnt like dramas but they kept asking me to watch this movie or that series and eventually it grew on me. ^_^

IM TOTALLY GONNA BE LIKE KAT!

25, female, from the states but moving to australia.

many only a little less than i've been watching anime, so 2-3 years. but i've always been a fan of asian movies since i was a child... my brother was a huge bruce lee fan and i was subject to his fandom T_T

i was invited by our mistress, sorairo, who took note of me in the main forum's drama section (trivia, i suggested the section to xinil). im loving it, its always been my fav club, not only for the activity but also because i have yet to meet a member here that wasnt sweet ^_^

i think over 50 now, the exact number is in my profile... i suggest all members to put a drama list up in their profiles, just for easy reference ^_^... im a JDRAMA lover, true and true, but i will always attempt a popular kdrama. dont really have one, but ive seen HYD more thn once so that would be the closest.

im just trying to reduce my "watching" list right now T_T

WELCOME NEW MEMBERS! *huggles*
Jun 5, 2008 1:59 AM

Dec 2007
hyee...
i'll gUess iTS my tUrn nOw...^^
i'm new in thIs kind thing espcially watChing drama...
sO i dOnt reallY knOw a lOt bout drama...

-hye, i'm 18, female, fRom MY..

just nEw. bEsides, im stop Or w hIle tO sTudy, sO i mISs a lOt of Nes sTuff..

recOmended frOm a friends. da cLb was sO cool, givE a lOt of inFo dat i doNt knOw..

well, i dO enjOw every drama, sO no speciFic whIch onE i prefer...^^

What will you watch next? Do you want any suggestions...
-anego
-nobuta no prOduce *dOnt remmber mUch*

Jun 5, 2008 2:32 AM
Apr 2007
hi! My name is Rose (like the flower^^)
I'm female, almost 16 years old (15th, June!!^^). I'm from Israel!:O
I prefer japanese dramas, and sadly, I watched only 1:(:(:( Kamisama, Mou Sukoshi Dake, and I loved it!! In the future, I'm sure I will watch more! I want to watch Taiyou no Uta, Strawberry On the Shotcake, Nobuta Wo Produce, Remote, Himitsu no Hanazono, Long Love Letter, Byakuyakou, Orange Days, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (Hana Kimi) and hana yori dango! But now I don't have time.. I will watch dramas in the summer vacationP:
and.. that's it:] by the way, i'm sorry about my english, I know it's not so perfect.. but I try to write well:]
Jun 5, 2008 3:14 AM

May 2007
Ooh, yay! I come and go but I don't really know anyone here much at all, so maybe I can get to know some of you more. ^_^

But, I'm also lazy, so I'll just stick to the things posted in the first post because 3 AM is not my ideal time for creative introductions.

First off, my name is Starr. I'm 19 years old, female, and I live in southern California in the US.
Not long... Maybe a little over a year?
Lately I watch dramas much more than anime, so I love it here. Although everyone seems to have seen wayyyyy more than me. ;; Nuu, I'll never catch up~
I've finished 25. Including ones I'm still watching, the total number is 41, I think. I prefer Japanese, but I really like TW and Kdramas as well. If I start talking about what dramas are my favorite, it'll turn into this big long rambly list. I'd probably say HYD. I've watched it countless times and I still love it. Plus, if it weren't for HYD, I never would've been Jun baited into Arashi and then I'm sure my life would be much duller than it is now, especially when I'm talking with my best friend. Arashi and Dane Cook jokes make our world go round, so yeah... (We can have long conversations *entirely* in Arashi jokes (with a Dane Cook reference thrown in here and there for good measure). I guess we're at a point where we're far gone enough for it all to make sense, no matter what we're saying XD)
Yeah, sure, suggestions always welcome! I really love romantic comedy type stuff. Currently watching Fated to Love You and Sweet Relationship and I love those both, so stuff along those lines.... Not to say that I won't watch other genres, but I'm really a sucker for fluff. [/hopeless romantic] Right now I guess I should work on finishing series that I'm already watching (the ones that have finished airing...), but I just love starting new series, so if you've got any suggestions, lemme know!
Jun 5, 2008 5:48 AM

Jun 2007
Hey.., i'm 16, Female, from the netherlands
i dont know, not even a year ¬_¬
i cant remember, its cool ^^
I dont know.. not that much (10 or something), Japanese, Nobuta wo produce :O (AKIRAAAA ^^) And Devil Beside You
Hana Yori Dango
Binbo Danshi
My MVP Valentine
KO-One
Virgin Snow
... Suggestions are welcome XD
baai XD
EndroineJun 5, 2008 5:52 AM
Jun 5, 2008 6:53 AM

Nov 2007
>>>I'm 16. Female. I'm from Philippines.
>>>6 yrs. I just counted how long I have been watching japanese and korean dramas cause I'm from Asia.
>>>I got an invitation from one of the members. And I think that this club is awesome cause we can share our thoughts here about our favorite Asian dramas. And also about the artists...
>>>So many. I can't remember them all. I prefer korean. My favorites are: My Girl, Fullhouse(i love sung hye kyo and rain), Goong(it's called princess hours here in Philippines), Spring Waltz, It started with a kiss(1 and 2),Hana Kimi(japanese version), Something about 1%.
>>>I want to watch Densha Otoko and Hot Shots.
ana-puuJun 5, 2008 9:09 PM

Jun 5, 2008 7:36 AM

Oct 2007
Rosa-chan: You should go and watch Hana yori dango as soon as possible XD.... <3 its so cute

konakona said:
Plus, if it weren't for HYD, I never would've been Jun baited into Arashi and then I'm sure my life would be much duller than it is now, especially when I'm talking with my best friend.

Gotta love HYD and the junbait XD <3

mooray said:
5. Maou

Eee~ I'm so excited for Maou too :3 I can't wait to see Ohno in a drama!!! :D
Jun 5, 2008 8:55 AM

May 2008
Yo! My name is Gosia :)
-How old are you? Are you male or female? Which country are you from?
I'm 20 years old. I'm female and I'm from Poland.
Well... Hmmm... For a mounth.
I was just searching for some club witch Asian drama subject-matter and I found this club :) It's great.
I only watched one drama and it's Hana Yori Dango. I love it! And I plan to watch more dramas.
Well, I'm waiting for some suggestions :)
But I plan to watch Bambino.
Jun 5, 2008 9:32 AM
May 2008
Hello! My name is Sandra :) I'm 20 years old, I'm female and I'm from Poland like meimei - also we know each other, we live in the same city, and go to the same university. And like meimei I'm watching Asian Drama for a mounth.
i don't really remember how I found this club. Maybe I found it by myself or maybe I saw it in another profile. I don't really know.
At the moment, I watched only one drama - Hana Yori Dango so it's hard to figure which I like the most. I heard some about korean dramas and I want to see some. Oh, and I've been watched now "Spring story" but I saw just a one part of it because I didn't have a time to watch more.
I want to see "Tokyo Tower", "Cherry", "Glow of Fireflies", and "Crows Zero"
And I'm, of course, waiting for some suggestions ;)
Panna_SJun 5, 2008 9:36 AM
Jun 5, 2008 9:38 AM

Mar 2007
I am also not new, but I like intro threads, lol

33, Female, USA (San Francisco Bay Area)

10 years. I had friends at the time who were trying to convince me to watch them, but I resisted, sticking to anime only. But then I caught sight of the drama "Ideal Boss" which was airing with English subs on the SF channel KTSF, and I got hooked. Great, funny drama. I ended up borrowing drama tapes from my friends after that, and then renting them directly from the Japanese video store near me.

I think I found it by looking through the club listings? I forget ^_^;;; I like the club, it is nice and active!

A bunch.. I have completed about 100 dramas and have seen several episodes of (either watching or on hold) another 80+ dramas. My problem is that I start watching a drama, enjoy it, but then another drama starts, so I decide to check it out... and I lose track of what episodes I am on in what and watch several at a time, but then I don't finish them because I get sidetracked by something else... Ah, I am easily distracted, and do want to eventually finish those 80...

As for which type I prefer, I like J, K, and TW dramas for different reasons, and I tend to go through cycles as to which I like the best at any time. I like romantic comedies and shoujo manga adaptations. I do not really like tearjerkers, or series where the main characters die. I still get mad thinking about one specific drama that was so good, until the last 15 seconds where they killed off the hero for no apparent reason. The end. Arrrghhhh!

I am anxiously waiting for the next episode of Fated to Love You. It and Around 40 are the two dramas I am most actively watching at the moment, however I do really need to finish Last Scandal because it is so ADORABLE. Oh, I am also watching Spotlight.

I am looking forward to a bunch of stuff! Here is Greenwood, Cat Street, Maou (Leader! In a drama! YAY!), Code Blue, Shibatora, Yasuko to Kenji, Dageki Tenshi Ruri, Triple (this sounds like the movie 'Cutting Edge'), My Sweet City, HYD (Korean ver), and I am somewhat curious to see 'Qi Lin Guan Zhi Lian'- Abe Tsuyoshi acting in a taiwan drama.
Jun 5, 2008 12:14 PM

May 2007
katsup said:
Rosa-chan: You should go and watch Hana yori dango as soon as possible XD.... <3 its so cute

konakona said:
Plus, if it weren't for HYD, I never would've been Jun baited into Arashi and then I'm sure my life would be much duller than it is now, especially when I'm talking with my best friend.

Gotta love HYD and the junbait XD <3

mooray said:
5. Maou

Eee~ I'm so excited for Maou too :3 I can't wait to see Ohno in a drama!!! :D

I love Jun. I really, really do. But when my friend and I get going, we absolutely cannot resist picking on that boy. We kid because we love kinda thing? Aha. So yeah, we're always like THANK GOODNESS FOR JUNBAIT. His pretty face is why they keep him in Arashi, poor kid... Awww, I have fond memories of all those Jun dramas I watched and slowly getting into Arashi because of that. :3 -reminisces-

Also, I can't wait for Maou! ^_^ Squee, I've wanted Ohno in a drama for ages. Plus, Toma's wonderful, too. <3
konakonaJun 5, 2008 2:29 PM
Jun 5, 2008 2:22 PM

May 2008
konakona, I also love Jun! :D And I truly understend how you feel about Arashi. What dramas with Jun Matsumoto did you watched?
Jun 5, 2008 2:28 PM

May 2007
meimei88 said:
konakona, I also love Jun! :D And I truly understend how you feel about Arashi. What dramas with Jun Matsumoto did you watched?

HYD 1 & 2, Kimi wa Petto, Gokusen, Bambino... I've still got some to watch, though. Never even started Kindaichi....
Jun 6, 2008 3:49 PM

Oct 2007
Hiya :)
I'm 19, from England and I've been watching Asian dramas for about a year. I saw my first one about 2 and a half years ago though. I didn't watch much of it, but it was interesting. I just couldn't download anything at the time.
Recently I've been addicted to Hana Yori Dango (1 and 2 - can't wait for Final!) and Kimi wa Petto.
I also watched some Nodame Cantabile and an episode of GTO. I saw some of Tokyo Friends too.
I'm more for the Japanese drama, since it helps me with my degree subject, however I wouldn't mind watching some good Korean or Taiwanese dramas. As you can see I tend to go for the ones based on anime/ manga.
My Japanese friend reccommended one to me. I can't remember what it is called. Something to do with Hotaru. It was about an OL who was a real slob.
I'd like to start watching that.
Erm...oh yes, MatsuJun is awesome! Anything with him in, I will watch XD

So yeah. Glad to be in this club ;)

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Jun 6, 2008 3:53 PM

Mar 2007
Welcome cabbit-chan!
The drama you're talking about is "Hotaru no Hikari" and it's awesome! ^^
You should finish watching Nodame Cantabile too! It's sooo awesome! (plus, the 4 hour [sequel] special is amazing).

And if you want to watch something korean manga based, then I suggest "Goong". :)
Jun 6, 2008 4:23 PM

Jul 2006
i have to second everything aly suggested. she's right on the money =)
Jun 6, 2008 8:19 PM

Oct 2007
Hey guys~ I'm azuu~ (: Nice to meet you.

I'm 16. Female. Originally from Philippines, but in US (Ohio) now.

since I was 7. haha. (:

mmm... I can't remember. Oh! it's nice~ I wish I could be more active tho.

a lot. I really like japanese and korean movies/dramas. my fave? oh, it changes, lol it depends on my mood. x] but 1 Litre of Tears will always be on top of the list ^^.

I have no idea. ): YES! that would be lovely~ (:
Jun 7, 2008 3:41 PM

Jun 2008
Hello everybody !
I'm Chibi-Mizuki, hajimemashite~

I'm 16 years old, female and I'm from France so I can make mistakes in English, please forgive me ^^;

mmh I think since 8 months, maybe a little more

I found it on the page about clubs.
I think this is a place where I can learn about new dramas and talking about them with others =]

Never really counted.. I think around 15.
I prefer Japanese dramas hehe
My favourite dramas are Proposal Daisakusen, Nobuta wo Produce, Nodame Cantabile,..

I'm thinking about watching Last Friends. I read about the story and the casting, I really want to watch it.

Chibi-MizukiJun 8, 2008 9:02 AM
Jun 7, 2008 4:28 PM

Jul 2006
last friends is a good choice, welcome. =)
Jun 7, 2008 6:22 PM

Aug 2007
My name is Emily :]

I'm 13 (even though my age on profile is different), Female, USA

For a few months?

I was invited :]. I think this is a pretty cool club.

Ummmm maybe 10ish? I prefer japanese dramas and my favorite is Gokusen :D

I'm going to watch Binbo Danshi and I might watch Coffee Prince. And yes I would like suggestions ;D
Jun 7, 2008 6:25 PM

Jul 2006
if you have a list of what you have seen then that would help, but we are all watching long vacation right now, so feel free to check the thread and join in ^_^

oh, and of course welcome ^_^
Jun 8, 2008 12:22 PM

May 2008
Hello there! I'm Maria (female) from Greece :p I havent really been watching asian dramas for too long. Actually, i've been wondering where do you ppl generally download series/movies from?
I know I have a fickle heart and a bitterness
And a wandering eye, and a heaviness in my head
Jun 8, 2008 12:26 PM

Mar 2007
p3rk3le said:
Hello there! I'm Maria (female) from Greece :p I havent really been watching asian dramas for too long. Actually, i've been wondering where do you ppl generally download series/movies from?

We put a lot of download links HERE. For information about dramas, we usually use the dramawiki.

Welcome!
Jun 8, 2008 1:14 PM
May 2008
p3rk3le said:

I usually stream most of the dramas I watch. Crunchyroll.com, mysoju.com and Veoh.com. The only problem with veoh is, you have to download their video player, but I think it's worth it. Oh and veoh also allows you to download their videos too incase you don't want to stream

D-addicts.com is another good place to download from too.
- Signature Removed -
Jun 8, 2008 2:32 PM

Apr 2008
16. Male. USA.
Since around September 07
Someone sent me an invite. Haven't seen much of it but it looks cool
I've only watched Japanese ones. My first one was Good Luck with Kimura Takuya. I really loved his work so I watched Hero and Beautiful Life. He starts in all three and I love all of the series. I've also seen GTO which was okay. Good LUck was my first and is my favorite.
Haven't decided because there are a lot of anime I want to watch but I'll take suggestions anytime.
Jun 9, 2008 2:25 AM

Nov 2004
Hey there =P
I'm soon to be 20, male, Norway. Started with asian dramas sometime during 2007 i guess.
Can't recall how i found the club, prob just random MAL surfing.

I've watched a few, Nobuta wo Produce, Goong, Hana Yori Dango 1/2, kisarazu cats eye(first ep), My Boss my Hero, Hanakimi, Coffee Prince, Vineyard man, Honey and Clover, started on nodame but watched the anime instead.
Prefer Jap/kor, altho i haven't seen too many of other ones ^^

Next, still doin vineyard man, but i'm unsure what my next adventure will be
Jun 9, 2008 7:18 AM

Aug 2006
Hi,

I'm 20 years old female, from Lithuania.
Not too long, and i've seen just a few of them :) after the exams i'll take more seriously.
Simple.. I just was invited here ^^
let me see.. I've seen only 3 or 4 of them, favorites: HYD; and Hanzakiri no kimitachi e;
- What will you watch next? Do you want any suggestions
at this time there arre no plans for new series, as i said after the exams i'll find something interesting ;)
Jun 9, 2008 10:23 AM

Dec 2007
Hello *waves shily*
I'm just a random girl that has been watching doramas since around the end of spring 2007. I've found this club just randomly beowsing MAL's forum, and I think it's pretty good! ^^
Maybe my list of watched doramas is not that much compared with other's, but I still enjoy watching them ^^ and I hope I can watch much more this summer. Generally, I prefer Japanese doramas, but I still like Korean, Taiwanese and sometimes Chinese. I liked very much Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (also, Hana Kimi the Taiwanese version), Hana Yori Dango, Full House, Devil Beside You, Nodame Cantabile etc. I like watching movies as well.
Currently, I'm watching Last Friends, Zettai Kareshi and RH Plus. And I'd like some suggestions. There are so many I want to watch, but I don't know which I should start first =D
Yoroshiku ^^
Jun 9, 2008 11:03 PM

May 2007
Hi hi!

I'm female and in the U.S. NJ/NYC, to be more specific.

I've been going out of my way to watch dramas only recently, probably in the last year or so. But kdramas were always kind of around and available when I was growing up, so I've watched parts of a bunch casually on TV or rentals.

I was lucky enough to find out about the club from June! She's so active! I really like it so far... I had no idea that there was a club about dramas here on MAL. I love getting recommendations from actual people, so I'm looking forward to when I have some more time to look around. ^.^

I've seen around a dozen from start to finish, probably? Maybe more... no where near as many as June. ;) ...I slightly prefer kdramas just because I'm a little less reliant on fansubs that way and they feel a little more mature than the jdramas I've seen (in very broad strokes only). I watch some jdramas as well, but I haven't seen any from other asian countries yet.

I've been meaning to start Delightful Girl Choon Hyang when I have some more time. And I watched the first few episodes of Full House, but I'm not as into Bi/Rain as the rest of Korea seems to be. ;)

Nice to meet everyone!
Jun 11, 2008 8:17 AM

May 2008
wow guys, thanks for the answers!!
I know I have a fickle heart and a bitterness
And a wandering eye, and a heaviness in my head
Jun 13, 2008 7:20 AM

Jul 2006
hi, new members and welcome ^_^

@lowell: full house was so cute though XD i didnt like Rain so much in A love to Kill but i totally fell in love with Full house.

*looks at a hot pic of Rain*

Jun 13, 2008 7:38 AM

Aug 2007
>.>

I guess its about time I introduce myself. The life of a lurker isn't always the best.

My nickname is Aarana, but my real name is Kelly! I live over in the New England Area. I enjoy sports and hanging out with friends...

...but my obsession is Anime / Manga / Live Action.

I am so engrossed in my obsessions, that I have web sites dedicated to them. My most recent one is a Live Action Drama list site, that allows a member to submit Drama information, and search by Genre and Actor. In addition to that, a user has a friends list and a completed drama list. This is a large understaking in intself ^^:

Ha, if anyone wants to help with the uploading, let me know!

...And not for the actual questions!

I am a female from the US! *points to first paragraph* Ill be 25 next month.

Since around the time that HYD 2 came out, if you don't count PGSM right before that.

Searched Live Action, and this is what i got!

Several Dozens. Once I finish my site I can give you a more direct number. I prefer Japanese drama, but I do enjoy several Korean ones. A Taiwanese one would have to be really good to get me to watch it. HYD is my all time fav, I still can't find one to beat it (one and two!)

I would like some suggestions. I love Drama's with lots of romance, but not drama that makes me want to gauge my eyes out (HYD good, At Dolphin Bay bad)
AaranaJun 13, 2008 7:45 AM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » What Drama/Movie Are You Currently Watching? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ReverseHarem - Mar 10, 2009

757 by Wolf_Pikachu »»
Aug 27, 2020 4:48 AM

Sticky: » The Drama Links List

Susan - Apr 17, 2010

4 by Susan »»
Oct 22, 2016 10:55 PM

Sticky: » Last Drama/Movie You Finished Watching? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Susan - Mar 8, 2009

1025 by SchnickelFritz »»
Jun 26, 2016 12:24 PM

» Member Roll Call

Susan - Jun 13, 2016

19 by SchnickelFritz »»
Jun 25, 2016 9:14 PM

» Drama/movies based on anime/manga

TenderRain91 - Dec 26, 2014

0 by TenderRain91 »»
Dec 26, 2014 5:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.