Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 16, 2007 12:14 AM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow... I'm so scared I have goosebumps all over. I managed to laugh at the same time too. I don't like it when people whisper right into my ear, but to have it done while you're asleep by someone of the same gender... I would flip too! Maity is scary...

I fee bad for Risa... Otani was cool in this episode until the end. Made her cry again by not thinking. I guess I'm about to reach my limit. Also, the kiss scenes looked horrid. Pulling the man you like by the shirt collar... cool and funny. Putting your lips together like your kissing a mirror... ew.

I loved the episode... a lot of emotions inside of me. The hair on my neck is still standing up. Next episode looks interesting. One-on-one between Otani and Maity. Is Maity gay?

Oh yeah, new OP and ED. OP is upbeat and weird. Lots of flying and guys with long hair. ED song and sequence is cute... I like it. Also, this is their third (and last) year in high school.
mild_evenJul 16, 2007 1:18 AM
Jul 16, 2007 12:46 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Damn, what a great episode. In the first half it was time for Otani to get a little jealous this time. New OP and ED are great, both music- and animeation-wise. I laughed a lot this time again, but they always throw in good and bad things, the contrast is killing me. :D

I also started thinking Maity is probably not straight, but we shall see.

Hilarious episode once again.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 16, 2007 4:18 AM

Jun 2007
One question.. is Maity.. a little on the gay side?

Anyway, what a GREAT episode. Watching this episode today... it's like I'm watching a japanese soap opera. I laughed, I was in amazement, I was intoxicated. It's like.. Risa has so many emotions and we're riding the roller coaster with her. Poor Risa. I feel so sorry for her. I don't think she will give up on Otani, but Otani HAS to get with the picture! He's cool.. but sometimes he just annoys me, he says the most random things! I mean really, and she kissed him! I'm so surprised.. never knew she had the courage to do that. Another lovely episode, it was really funny, as always. Can't wait for the next one!

Ah yes, OP and ED are kawaii. I still liked the old OP, but this one is really nice.

-Seigi-
Jul 16, 2007 4:33 AM

Mar 2007
I loved the episode. Poor Risa though! Otani is really dense!

The next 4 episodes or so are going to be filled with action. ^^ I can't wait to watch more!
Jul 16, 2007 6:02 AM

Mar 2007
Simply put one of the best episodes in a long while for this series! New op and ed and pure greatness!!!
Jul 16, 2007 6:30 AM

Mar 2007
finally risa! 'bout time you told ohtani enough is enough. maity blowing in ohtani's ear was win!
Jul 16, 2007 8:46 AM

Mar 2007
that was a great episode. and the new opening is quite good as well!
ReverseHarem said:
finally risa! 'bout time you told ohtani enough is enough. maity blowing in ohtani's ear was win!

agree!
Jul 16, 2007 9:35 AM

Jul 2007
great episode, again! Maity is hilarious! And, I agree that she said enough is enough with otani! I mean come on! But, it was cute when he was jealous...hehehe

Jul 16, 2007 12:31 PM

May 2007
Lol, I loved this episode. The part with Maity blowing into Otani's ear was hilarious. And it's about time that Risa stopped putting up with Otani's denseness. This was probably one of, if not the best, episode so far.

I like the new OP and ED, too. ^_^
Jul 16, 2007 1:12 PM
Jun 2007
Haha, I can't wait for Otani's suffering...so close at hand..muahaha
Jul 16, 2007 2:10 PM

Apr 2007
I didn't like the new OP that much. I'll probably get used to it, but yeah, the older one was cuter. The new ED is nice though.

Is it just me or did the animation get a bit better? Risa was way prettier this episode.

And Otani, took you some damned time, didn't it? XD

I don't trust Maity. It's like the long-haired guy from La Corda D'oro all over again...
Jul 16, 2007 2:59 PM

Jun 2007
AngelLily said:
I didn't like the new OP that much. I'll probably get used to it, but yeah, the older one was cuter. The new ED is nice though.

Is it just me or did the animation get a bit better? Risa was way prettier this episode.

I agree about the OP and ED -- love love love the ED! ^-^ And it DID seem that Risa was prettier in this episode... oO

I love Maity -- blowing in Otani's ear was just <i>priceless</i>. My favorite moment in this whole episode. :]]]

The next few episodes are bound to be interesting... can't wait!
Jul 16, 2007 4:08 PM

May 2007
AngelLily said:

And Otani, took you some damned time, didn't it? XD

I don't trust Maity. It's like the long-haired guy from La Corda D'oro all over again...

Yeah, I thought that she looked a lot prettier this episode as well.

Nuuuuuu, I love Maity though! And I HATE Yunoki. >_<
Jul 18, 2007 7:12 PM

Apr 2007
I loved this episode. Wasn't fond of the OP but I did like the ED. Risa's finally reached a breaking point so now Otani is running out of options and time if he wishes to patch things up.

I also noticed Risa looking better in this episode. But she also had a wide variety of other faces to go with the pretty. Sometime towards the end of the series run I'm going to have to make a collage on the many faces of Risa

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jul 19, 2007 3:17 AM

Jun 2007
tainteddonut said:
I loved this episode. Wasn't fond of the OP but I did like the ED. Risa's finally reached a breaking point so now Otani is running out of options and time if he wishes to patch things up.

I also noticed Risa looking better in this episode. But she also had a wide variety of other faces to go with the pretty. Sometime towards the end of the series run I'm going to have to make a collage on the many faces of Risa

Hahaha, that would be a great masterpiece to do that! She has so many expressions, one of the things that makes me laugh so hard in this series.

-Seigi-
Jul 19, 2007 5:48 AM

Oct 2006
Someone please kill Otani for me...

tainteddonut said:

Risa is the soul of the show.

cyruz said:
Same here, and from the next episode preview something tells me we're not far from the truth.

Nice new OP and ED too.
Jul 19, 2007 6:23 PM

Jul 2007
Kayrhandros said:
Someone please kill Otani for me...

tainteddonut said:

Risa is the soul of the show.

cyruz said:
Same here, and from the next episode preview something tells me we're not far from the truth.

Nice new OP and ED too.

Yeah exact same thoughts here as well, poor Otani if Maity tries anything funny its going to leave him traumatized and make it even harder for Risa to make her move, but who knows I was definitely caught off guard with that cross dresser Seiko. Anyways can't wait for the next episode
Jul 21, 2007 9:53 PM

Jul 2007
Maity is so mysterious! Ha-ha. but the ear blowing is kinda creepy. I like Nanako's reaction to Maity, she was like the only girl immune to him.

I prefer the old OP and ED >.<

But Risa must have been so frustrated and disappointed, poor girl.. I'm going to get my broom and whack the shit out of Otani.
Apr 9, 2008 5:27 AM

Jul 2007
While the new OP isn't really bad.. the old one was just about 825082 times better =/
Nov 24, 2008 10:37 PM
Jan 2008
Maity is seriously hot, what in the world is gonna happen with that???
Dec 19, 2008 8:58 AM

Feb 2008
What a great episode.
Loving both the OP and ED.
Jun 7, 2009 10:14 PM

Jan 2009
The new Ed is leaps and bounds better than the original. The OP, not so much. Maity whispering into Otani's ear was the highlight of this ep. Otani screaming into space was hilarious! I'm glad that Risa took charge in this ep by kissing Otani, but even though she decided to move on, I still think that there is hope for the two.

Jul 28, 2009 11:30 PM

Mar 2009
LolitaDecay said:
What a great episode.
Loving both the OP and ED.

Ditto. I'm really liking both the new songs!
Nov 17, 2009 10:10 AM

Sep 2009
Woah funky new opening :)
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Nov 17, 2009 5:52 PM

Feb 2009
I was waiting for you Maity I knew you would shake things up!

Otani is a guy magnet or what! Gotten kiss by a boy; got a sweet whisper in his hear by a man >:) and he's so the uke type.

Jeez time to forget about that midget, but of course she won't. She said I give up today but she'll change her mind tomorrow.
Dec 30, 2009 7:35 PM

Nov 2009
ah. an amazing ep! the music is great, too!
maity is soooo BISHOUNEN! right up my alley.....
is there some yaoi coming up? but srsly, risa needs a hug... @A@
Aug 31, 2010 10:03 AM

Sep 2009
Pore Risa.This episode made me cry.
Oct 18, 2010 12:18 PM

Feb 2009
Super funny episode, the Rice! RICE! RIIICEE! thing cracked me up so much! Also just loved Nobu-chans faces in this episode, and her reaction to Maity was extra funny. Good drama as well, about time for Risa to lose her patience with Otani, but I'm still faithfully rooting for him, poor guy. He just needs a bit of courage to admit his feelings and get out of his safety zone! A bit of prodding is obviously necessary, great that a rival appeared in the form of the mighty bishounen: beautiful and charming enough to awaken jealousy but at the same time way too gorgeous to be a real threat, as Risa said alrealy. It will do her poor maiden heart some good to do some fangirling, and I'm not opposed to do a bit of that myself, to be honest 8)
Dec 14, 2010 2:57 PM

Jul 2010
YEAY for Maity-Senpai! Maybe he'll make things speed things up a bit <3 I love Cain-sama, he's so bishie like :P Too bad I don't know the name of the game (but it won't exist probably xd)
May 16, 2011 9:58 AM

Apr 2010
I'm so glad Risa had the guts to kiss Otani, I mean.. how else was the guy going to realise what she was getting at? :P

I don't like the new OP as much as the old one, but the new ED is sweet.

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
Aug 14, 2011 12:15 AM

Apr 2011
I wonder why most of the time the anime character designs look so bad, they look like old people in teenage clothes (And I'm not referring here to the comedic expressions), while in the manga they look good.
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Nov 26, 2011 5:20 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah that guy gives me the creeps.. blowing in someone's ears creepy..
Feb 5, 2012 6:31 AM

Jan 2012
WTF?!!! What will happend next?
Feb 7, 2012 7:34 PM

Sep 2011
I loved the intensity at the end! -9000 for Otani! >:(
May 20, 2012 3:27 PM

Jul 2010
Awww. So sadface. I'm like dying inside. Poor Risa. I just feel so bad for her.
Jun 7, 2012 8:51 AM
Mar 2012
Rice, rice... Omg... I realy don't like new OP, new ED is good.
I think Koizumi is very brave person and Otani have got 'IQ of potato' but... I very like him... and his and her new teacher - He is adorable. When I saw him first time I thought "In this moment fangirls are nose bleeding"
Jul 10, 2012 2:35 PM

May 2012
Finally a real kiss, but sad ending, hope they make up :/
Jun 2, 2013 6:33 AM

Apr 2013
tainteddonut said:

The visuals of Risa in this episode seemed much better then all the previous ones. Like the 4th pic Risa "Ao no Exorcist".
I feel sorry for her. Ootani broke her heath once again :
Always-HungryJun 3, 2013 11:38 AM
Aug 31, 2013 4:42 PM

Aug 2013
awesome kissing scene! I really like how risa pulls Otani up :) but it's a sad situation for Risa tough...
Mar 21, 2014 1:17 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, that ending was sad :(
But I can understand Ootani. He still don't have romantic feeling for her, or at least he doesn't notice it, and she try her best to make him fall in love with her. Though, going out with a friend of long date can be really risky, I know some people that it have completely destroyed their relationship after they broke up.

Maity look more like a psycho rapist than a romantic seducer, seriously, he's creeping me out xD
Dat whisper...
But I'm sure he will end up being a good guy :)
Since he saw her crying, he will probably try to fix things up between them.

I can't believe though that he tried to reach that rice grain, oh my fucking god xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 16, 2014 8:12 AM

Jul 2012
that was the best episode so far, so intense
Jun 30, 2014 4:57 AM
Oct 2013
loved the episode but at this point I feel bad for her, I mean damn hes an idiot.
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Jul 6, 2014 2:17 PM

Jun 2011
Aishiteruze said:
One question.. is Maity.. a little on the gay side?

I was wondering the same thing, I kinda hope he is, and wont cockblock these 2 =/
Jul 19, 2014 1:37 PM

May 2014
"What you took wasn't the rice. What you took was my lips." -Koizumi Risa

Don't like a guy like that Risa!!! Bballer's are playboys!!! C(T_T)D
_Dazzle_Jul 19, 2014 1:44 PM
Aug 1, 2014 3:26 PM

Jan 2014
Zirgo said:
Simply put one of the best episodes in a long while for this series! New op and ed and pure greatness!!!
Aug 24, 2014 4:46 AM

Oct 2013
I hate Otani so much, not only because he's dense af but also he doesn't know how lucky he is, he made risa cried so many times. Risa deserves a better guy than Otani who can make her happy and smile, this Otani i want to punch his face so bad.
Dec 29, 2014 11:35 AM

May 2010
Risa's faces are all WIN. lol

I guess that should wake Otani up.

Everytime, they make a scene with Maity with all those rosy BG, I can't help but laugh. XD

New OP wasn't bad but still preferred the previous.
ED is good esp. with the art but still previous the first. Oh well..
Feb 6, 2015 4:13 AM

Sep 2014
This is being dragged way too long, Otani annoys the fuck out of me by now. It;s 14th episode and they are not together already? What thehell
Apr 7, 2015 8:54 PM
Jun 2013
Yes a new ost! It came at the right time for me. I was so tired of the same old piano piece playing before.
And great ending. Loved it.
At this point I feel like Koizumi is just going in circles. For a while now it's just seemed like I've been watching the same episode over and over. There were some new elements thrown into this episode which is very refreshing, but ultimately I don't know if it's enough. They're really dragging this thing out. I'm guessing they probably won't be together officially until like the last episode or two. Idk how I feel about that... I guess I'm just impatient.
Apr 10, 2015 7:36 PM

Feb 2015
Risa has the most amazing faces I swear. Otani you need to get into gear. There is a limit to dense-ness.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

icerydragon - Jun 3, 2007

61 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Enn - Jun 1, 2007

98 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - May 24, 2007

82 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 16, 2007

63 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - May 9, 2007

99 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.