Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 3, 2008 8:57 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I miss the 3rd OP already. That one was definitely the best of the crop both in animation and music. The new OP's lyrics is a lot heavier on the engrish. The ED isn't that good either but it beats out the 3rd. The animation doesn't leave anything to the imagination of what will happen between Karin and Julian though.

Reuental is just waiting for one reason to axe Truniht. I really want that to happen a.s.a.p. but I have the feeling he won't meet his demise until much later. Until then he'll continue being a pest. His Earth cult friends probably already have their schemes ready to go.

Speaking of schemes, Rubinsky was notably absent. He'll probably make a later appearance though. I'm just curious about what happened to his plans to kill Reinhard's sister? He mentioned it last season but nothing came of it.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jun 24, 2008 9:49 PM

Mar 2008
The new OP is garbage. If was in any capacity related to the creation of this anime I would be embarrassed to have that song as the intro to part of my work.

"There is no such thing as God in this world." -Setsuna F. Seiei
Jun 25, 2008 8:33 AM

Apr 2007
Yeah, 4th OP was definitely the worst of the bunch. 1st and 2nd OP were tolerable although I never liked the 2nd OP animation with Annerose sewing in the middle of the screen the entire time. Nothing beats out the 3rd OP though. I loved the imagery with the battles in the background as Reinhard walks along and then the end where he passes by Yang with them both looking over their shoulders.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jun 25, 2008 2:45 PM

Mar 2008
I agree the third is really good. I really liked the song and the animation.

This one, I don't even look at the animation because I am to taken back by the fact that the singer has no clue how to annunciate the words she is singing. I do not care if it is not her first language. If you are going to sing a song for anything mildly important you learn how to pronounce the words of the song.

"There is no such thing as God in this world." -Setsuna F. Seiei
Aug 18, 2008 11:06 AM

Sep 2007
3rd > 1st > 2nd > 4th

It's so sad to go from the best opening of the series to the worst one. I'll definitely be skipping through this opening, where I watched the 3rd one almost every time.
Sep 30, 2008 12:09 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah, I've gotta say I'm not a big fan of the new OP, heavy Engrish ... lol. I liked the ED though, even though visually it isn't much, the song is nice (seems to be the same singer as some of the other ED's?). It also seems to completely solidify the fact that Katerose and Julian end up together, lol.

I'm really hoping to see the entire "Terraism" cult destroyed by the end of the series. Both Truniht and Rubinsky absolutely need to die, along with the Grand Bishop and of of their followers. The series did an excellent job at making both the Alliance and Empire sit in a grey area, so neither was exactly good or evil, but the Earth cult is definitely something that is utterly evil and needs to be ... how about, totally and completely cleansed.

Still hard to accept the fact that Yang is gone ... I'm guessing we'll continue to see some images of him though and flashbacks, kind of like Sieg with Reinhard.
Nov 18, 2008 7:53 AM

Apr 2008
After being disappointed by this very awful opening (my god that's not what I cal singing:), I found this episode to be very uplifting and melancholic as well.
It was nice to see a bit of Mittermeier's past again- what a truly nice caracter!- and the deep bond between him, Reunthal and then Lohengramm and Kircheis. The episode really stress on the fact that the 3 remaining militarians have to act on thei own from now on.
Truniht on the other side is such a shameless guy.I don't understand why Reuenthal managed to punish those politcians and corrupted bueaucrats from Heinessen, and why Lohengramm and him can't do such a thing with Truniht that really deserves it!
Oct 22, 2009 9:57 PM

Jan 2009
I really like the images of this opening, and seeing Kerchies is always a plus. But i did not like the lyrics, the 3rd's opening was overall better(As everyone else has said).

It was really cool to see Mittermeyer's past, and him stand up to the shitty nobles. Loved when he basically beat the crap out of that one. Not a lot happened this episode, but Reinhard's decision to sit down and talk to the Wolfgang's makes me think he is thinking of something, i only hope it involves Hildegard.
Oct 29, 2009 12:52 AM

Jun 2009
Great episode, with good use of foreshadowing. It hints at future events, but doesn't outright state them like last seasons narration. The OP pisses me off, it mars a series that has had absolutely fantastic music. The ED is great and it's cool that the first season's singer came back.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 19, 2009 8:18 AM

Dec 2008
The seemingly endless foreshadowing of Reuenthal's betrayal is piled up yet further in this episode. Presumably such an occurence would include a dramatic confrontation with Mittermeyer and, since we're getting so many happy scenes with Mrs. Mittermeyer, I'm getting an uneasy feeling that Mittermeyer could be joining the illustruous population of the LOGH graveyard.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Jan 27, 2010 7:00 AM

Sep 2008
GOd I hate the ENgrish...the Ed is decent though. I liked the last Ed more

naikou said:
3rd > 1st > 2nd > 4th

yup, My OP rankings the exact same.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jan 29, 2010 7:23 AM

Apr 2009
meh ending and opening below average :(

still awesome episode.. Reuental is becoming my favorite admiral :D
fuck yeah i already like him))
plus his voice is also superb
Jan 29, 2010 11:34 AM

Apr 2009
fucking awesome quote :)

Feb 10, 2010 6:37 PM

Jan 2009
What a garbage opening theme. I'm glad the ending theme has always been there to deliver.

Onto the episode:

It's good to see Reuenthal handling things over in the former Alliance area. I'd even go as far to say that he's appearing to be as much a capable leader as Reinhard himself. When he brought up Truniht, I found myself every bit as frustrated as he was when he concluded that he couldn't outright execute him.

Also, it was interesting to look again into Reinhard's past to see more of the developing relations between him, Siegfried, Mittermeyer, and Reuenthal. Mittermeyer is a hell of a guy, not backing down to that 'corrections' officer and those uptight aristocrats. Good for him that Reinhard and company got to his holding cell before those men opened fire on Mittermeyer.
Jun 22, 2010 9:20 AM

Feb 2010
Damn, the opening is really hard to bear. I loved the 3rd season opening, but I doubt I'll get used to this one ^^.

Besides that a good start into the new season. Trunht will bring a lot of trouble again, with his connection to Terraism. I still wonder about Obersteins role though. Everyone seems to hate him, even among the admirals, but so far I cannot see any lust for power in his character, he just follows a very strict political philosophy and tries to enforce it on everyone. But will he really take action against Reuental for no apparent reason? We'll see.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 13, 2010 9:27 PM
Jun 2010
wtf they had to put the worst opening for the last season.

I predict scary shit is gonna happen with Reuenthal Oberstein and the Terraist.

Nov 19, 2010 3:33 PM

Jan 2010
hmm..where to begin :)

so this is it,one season left :(
the 4th Opening&Ending?i think both are awesome,again the ED really makes me feel melancholic...Yang ;(
Too bad the Opening is sang in Engrish,but it's still a nice tune

Lohengramm,Kircheis,Reuenthal&Mittermeyer backstory=win :D

5/5

PS:i'm hoping for some FPA episodes in the near future
PPS:i hope Julian and the red head will start getting lovey-dovey soon :p
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 3, 2011 10:38 AM

May 2010
Flegel is still an idiot after four million episodes of LoGH.

Stupid narrator, stop foreshadowing things!

This was an amazing episode, I wished to hear Mittenmeyer and Reinhard's conversation though. Mittenmeyer is the new Yang.

The only setback was the ending song, because Julian made an appearance. Seriously, when will that kid die? I know this show likes to get rid of all the likeable characters and let the unnecessary characters die, but cmon! Who the hell gives a damn about Julian and his girlfriend?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 3, 2011 2:36 PM

Jan 2010
Confucius said:
Flegel is still an idiot after four million episodes of LoGH.

Stupid narrator, stop foreshadowing things!

This was an amazing episode, I wished to hear Mittenmeyer and Reinhard's conversation though. Mittenmeyer is the new Yang.

The only setback was the ending song, because Julian made an appearance. Seriously, when will that kid die? I know this show likes to get rid of all the likeable characters and let the unnecessary characters die, but cmon! Who the hell gives a damn about Julian and his girlfriend?

god i can't wait your comment on the 89th episode :D
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 27, 2011 3:29 PM
May 2010
Let's say it one more time: the opening sucks. I like the animation, but I can't get over the singing even if I try. Ending was okay, but nothing special.

I liked this episode though. It's nice to see some flashbacks. Mittermeyer really owned Flegel. Luckily that prick has already died.

I was really afraid, when Mittermeyer said they were walking home. I was waiting for assassins, but luckily nothing happened. Narrator makes me too nervous...
Apr 21, 2011 7:17 AM

Feb 2010
Favorite: 2nd OP and 3rd ED

The scene where the noble kids laugh at their fellow kind Flegel shows how frivolous and superficial their relationships are.
WanShan said:

I was really afraid, when Mittermeyer said they were walking home. I was waiting for assassins, but luckily nothing happened.

Yes, although I was thinking there's going to be terrorist explosion out of nowhere.
Sep 2, 2011 11:01 PM
Jun 2011
I love any opportunity I get to see Flegel get a beatdown!
Dec 20, 2011 1:42 PM
Feb 2011
Maybe I should just buy a punching bag with Flegel, Fork, Rubinsky, De Viller, and Trunhildt's faces on it..

I can't say I ever liked any of the music for the OPs, but I liked alot of the animations. the 1st ED's music is my favorite that I can recall easily.

I also expected assassins when Mr and Mrs Mittermeyer were walking home.
Feb 11, 2012 11:17 PM

Sep 2009
That walking home scene was tense.
Tense.
Feb 22, 2012 5:28 PM

Aug 2010
Sabinlerose said:
Tense.

Haha
Feb 23, 2012 2:51 AM

Sep 2009
BasedSky said:
Sabinlerose said:
Tense.

Haha

You have no idea.
After what happened to Yang.

I was like.
"NO NO NO NO NO NO."
And then nothing happened and I swore at the anime for making me so paranoid.
Feb 29, 2012 4:42 PM

Oct 2011
God I hate that OP so bad, it's not even funny. Every other OP gives me chills, this one just makes me puke. Liked that flashback, Mittermeyer doesn't take shit from no one.
May 2, 2012 5:05 PM

Mar 2011
The OP is like nails on a chalkboard, for heaven's sake.

Looks like Hilde may be in a wedding dress in the OP. The ED gives away J&K's relationship.

Something is in the works...
May 6, 2012 2:26 AM

Feb 2012
I haven't liked any of the openings really, they all sound like 3rd rate musical theatre. The reason why the previous one was ok at least was that the tune was quite a bit like God Save the Queen. But this... out of tune howling that wouldn't be accepted in any professional musical. I hope. Kei Ogura is as good as ever though.

The first part of the episode felt like filler. Yes, it did give some background but it was basically a scene that could have been inserted in any part of the series. I guess its function was just to show that this season Mittermeyer and Reuenthal's relationship will play a larger role.
May 25, 2012 2:16 PM

Feb 2012
I like how it's raining on Phezzan and Heinessen at the same time.

And that narrator...he really puts the "dumb" in "adumbrating."

Sabinlerose said:
BasedSky said:
Sabinlerose said:
Tense.

Haha

You have no idea.

I was like.
"NO NO NO NO NO NO."

When they were rounding that corner all I could think was, "Are you kidding me?"
Sep 29, 2013 5:32 PM

Nov 2009
To me it makes no sense that Reuenthal would think about betraying Reinhard at this point . . . He already mentioned that he had forsaken such thoughts after acknowledging Reinhard as being too strong to match up against.

Anyways I kept on thinking that the new house was going to explode killing either or both of the Mittenmeyers . . . Although again, I really don't understand why Lohengram wanted to hold such a conversation unless perhaps he is interested in marriage, although I doubt it. Though if he was, I would agree that Mariendolf is a good candidate, she is smart and I believe she actually already loves him, if not cares deeply for him . . . But guessing that won't happen.
Feb 4, 2014 1:36 AM

Sep 2013
Yeah I can see the Hangyaku no Reuenthal coming now ^^

The OP wasn't that bad...

But yeah it's the worst one I agree, this show has some of the best OPs ever imo

3rd>1st>2nd>4th

cupcFeb 4, 2014 1:45 AM
Feb 10, 2014 7:35 PM
Feb 2011
Pirating_Ninja said:
To me it makes no sense that Reuenthal would think about betraying Reinhard at this point . . . He already mentioned that he had forsaken such thoughts after acknowledging Reinhard as being too strong to match up against.
I'm getting giddy to know what will provoke him to instigate a rebellion. I love the unpredictability of it all (especially that heavy atmosphere with the Mittermeyers... ugh). Except for that horrid OP, I loved this episode. Everything seems to go so smoothly until who knows when or what.
Apr 24, 2014 5:32 PM

Mar 2013
Spirit_of_Fire said:
Maybe I should just buy a punching bag with Flegel, Fork, Rubinsky, De Viller, and Trunhildt's faces on it..

I burst out laughing from this, props my friend, and good idea!

Also yes I was VERY nervous when Mittermeyer and his wife were walking to their new home, and was fearful that something dangerous can lurk from any shadow or the edge of the screen.
May 17, 2014 9:02 AM

Sep 2008
prosit said:
Well, the OP is bad, but I do like the new ED. Here's my rating of the ending songs:

ED1> ED4> ED2> ED3

This show has some of the best ending songs ever.

oh yeah...Kei ogura's voice = sex. The guy is the Japanese equivalent of Frank Sinatra
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Aug 9, 2014 5:52 PM

Nov 2013

He has the biggest shit-eating grin I've ever seen in any series, he just has this constant slimy expression.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 15, 2014 7:11 AM

Mar 2012
Hakuromatsu said:
I like how it's raining on Phezzan and Heinessen at the same time.

And that narrator...he really puts the "dumb" in "adumbrating."

Sabinlerose said:

You have no idea.

I was like.
"NO NO NO NO NO NO."

When they were rounding that corner all I could think was, "Are you kidding me?"

I was thinking "THEY BETTER CROSS THAT DAM STREET SAFELY." Would've raged if him or his wife got hit by a car or something....
Feb 3, 2015 11:37 AM
Aug 2011
So i'm just going to keep singing LAY YOUR HEART DOWN ONTO THE SEA OF THE STARSSSSS over this new OP because it's so hard on the ears.
Mar 14, 2015 10:00 AM

Aug 2014
I like the new opening. I think Reuntal is gonna do something.
Jun 4, 2015 5:00 AM
Nov 2014
Meh, I prefer OP 3 than the new OP. ( Too engrish for me ) Reuental is definitely gonna do something, probably turns into a traitor and rebels against Reinhard for the universe.
Jun 21, 2015 9:00 AM

May 2012
A slower but quite enjoyable episode and also a decent new OP but damn that ED was great!
Jun 21, 2015 9:01 AM

May 2012
Avenger-senpai said:
Hakuromatsu said:

I was thinking "THEY BETTER CROSS THAT DAM STREET SAFELY." Would've raged if him or his wife got hit by a car or something....

Haha yea I had the exact same feeling at that moment! It was a moment where you really could say: I've got a bad feeling about this!
Jul 22, 2015 3:57 AM

Dec 2013
Prefer the old op. hopefully the new opening will grow on me. The rest did pretty quickly.

Great episode. Really enjoyed the flashbacks and the foreshadowing to Reuental's character was very interesting.
Aug 26, 2015 2:09 PM

May 2012
liked the ED, confirmed that julian x karin lol
the OP was a bit eh, i liked the sequence, but the music wasnt too great, you know, the engrish, lol well im curious where this is gonna go, reuental is worrying me lol
Nov 17, 2015 9:18 PM

Nov 2012
I agree this 4th opening is my least favorite by far. The engrish is too cringeworthy, which is strange considering how smooth and well done the singing was in the previous 3 openings. I actually like the 2nd opening the best, the song is great and the animations are epic besides annerose being randomly sewing in the middle lol. I'd rank the openings (1) OP 2 (2) Op 3 (3) OP 1 (4) OP 4 .

This episode really setting up Reuental to be a major player in this last season of the anime it seems. Interesting that that it seem like the leader of the earth cult is on Hienessen now.

And all of these instances of the Kaiser getting sick seem to be happening with more frequency, hmm
Nov 17, 2015 9:24 PM

Nov 2012
WanShan said:
Let's say it one more time: the opening sucks. I like the animation, but I can't get over the singing even if I try. Ending was okay, but nothing special.

I liked this episode though. It's nice to see some flashbacks. Mittermeyer really owned Flegel. Luckily that prick has already died.

I was really afraid, when Mittermeyer said they were walking home. I was waiting for assassins, but luckily nothing happened. Narrator makes me too nervous...

hell yeah I forgot to mention that. There was a really creepy and ominous atmopshere when mittenmeyer was walking back home with his wife I'm actually suprised nothing happened. Especially since the episode began with flashback of hiim being rescued but nothing happened thankfully. MM is a character that does not deserve to die..
Jan 29, 2016 7:31 AM

Dec 2012
I had a very bad feeling when Mittermeyer and his wife approached their new home. I hope it was just my imagination, I don't think I can handle another big death right now.

I can't help but like Truniht now. He's just the biggest troll in this entire show and how he shamelessly survives is flabbergasting.
May 13, 2016 4:20 AM

Jan 2014
I'm not a fan of the new opening and ending.

^And yeah, I felt like someone would start shooting at them or something haha, it was kind of spooky xD
Jun 22, 2016 4:58 PM

Aug 2014
Holy shit, that OP is beyond garbage...Definitely will be skipping that one for the rest of the episodes.
That naked Hildegarde though :p
The new ED is nice, much better than the previous one (music wise, not visually)

The potential betrayal of Reuenthal is probably the most stretched out plot point I haver ever encountered in any anime.
It makes for good suspense though, so I'm not that mad haha.
Jul 12, 2016 12:05 PM

May 2016
The 4th OP is actually good once you get used to it (not just the animation, but the song as well). I guess it's because I've been around Engrish for so many years that I actually think the singer's English pronunciation in this song is pretty good. I've heard a lot worse. Either way, let it grow on you and you might actually find that you like it...

Maybe.
"ドSではない。迢ドSだ." - 蘇芳先生、月華撩乱 Romance

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.