Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Are Haru and Sora ALIVE?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 25, 2020 8:06 AM
Aug 2020
Tbh I'm was thinking that they died but as i re-watched the anime and saw that there was actually another place below the lake but right before they reached there it was showed that they were still alive. Does anyone remember when he was at the shrine and was going to talk to the girl but he didn't but the girl heard and came outside I have a theory that its either the girl that saved them or maybe someone (like Sora or the Goddess that the rich girl talked about) else cause it was shown that they were actually brought up back to the stairs, and there was a trail of water there as well. But by the end of the day we can just wait and see what happens next in season 2 if there is going to be one
Oct 9, 2020 12:17 AM
Mar 2013
Haru and Sora are dead just as Ash Ketchum is in a coma. This clueless theory made me spend 2 hours of sleep, thanks.
1) You said that Sora did not answer if they were alive. Well ... Do you know what a rhetorical question is? Before that question Haru and Sora claim to be hot while hugging (and having sex, of course). If you're alive, you're hot, right?
2) They have made many theories about Kazuha and her father, or even her sister is hiding their death. Dad is okay, but do you really believe Kazuha and Akira would do that? Have you forgotten the DNA test episode yet?
3) So what if she showed up with another rabbit? Is there only one rabbit of that type? So what if it was a gift from her mother, she kicked and tore it without any problems, do you think she would feel sorry for the rabbit afterwards?
4) There is nothing indicating that they died in the anime. In the manga and VN they are alive, in the anime they give much more evidence that they are alive than dead. In fact, the only evidence of death could be the rabbit, the ONLY one actually proven. But the dead do not have sex, the dead do not feel the warmth of others, the dead do not change the mattress, the dead do not change their clothes, the dead do not carry luggage, the dead do not send messages by cell phone (there is no evidence that they have been tampered with), the dead do not eat, the dead do not kiss, dead do not ride a train.
5) Sora knows how to swim, in the manga she thought of letting Haru drown with her but gave up at the last minute. There are indications that they were dragged out. Haru checked Akira's house and she realized that someone was outside, and saw that the door was open.
The lake legend says that if you get too close to death and make it back, your life will start over. It doesn't matter who saved the twins in the anime. Both came close to death and started over. It was just what the drowning wanted to represent, and the anime used several different analogies to show that they are alive, but part of the community prefers to close their eyes to the evidence and create crazy theories that cannot be confirmed and make no sense.
6) 72% of voters in this post interpreted that they are alive. Coincidence? This is a rhetorical question, it needs no answer.
DragonpetimOct 9, 2020 12:22 AM
Dec 29, 2020 8:39 AM
Dec 2020
Well,, first of all ,,, i watched the last episode 14 times already...and came to an ultimate conclusion by inspecting every comment here in this topic!!! Every detail has amazed me,......the cushion detail ,the doll or teddy bear , harukas cellphone, the lake of rebirth, love-like friendship between haruka and nao and others!!, all details in the train ,all details in their voice and dialogues,
But u all think that they r just trolling us using ep 12 of this anime or a mistaken animation with the doll or how did sora rescued her brother who weighs more then her or thinking that akira saved em....but after all we have to know this is a a frictional ,romance ,ecchi , sister brother incest, and normal love stories in different arcs!! Well, most importantly this a novel and a reflection of a writers mind! .....it is full of suspense and mystery and even mysterious in life-death matter,..... this is how a novel's supposed to be!! Its supposed to be this way ...!!!
And the conclusion is that they are alive but cannot even show their face to their friends because of their incestous relationship!...u all saw the reaction of nao and kazu when they accidently opened fhe door and witnessed a incestous scene between siblings which is morally provoking and also was unexpected and like a shock ....and this shock made kazu really really angry...but nao forgave em cause she has been though loneliness and the same pressure as sora and harukas feeling....u all even saw that sora accidently hit haruke while trying to hit a mosquito...and haruke was knocked on the ground,,,...but sora might be a girl and was weak and ailing in the past...but in present she did'nt seemed that she is weak!!..but we heard about sora saying that haruke asked her to help him while almost unconcious...sora wanted to suicide and free haruke from her love chains....but while attempt of that action haruke also went with her....soras eyes were a little open and she wasnt unconcious and u all will say that how the hell did haruke speak underwater.?? ....
To answer that we have to know that sound travels faster in water so when near unconcious harukes spirit became unconcious but not his biological form which wanted to live and he screamed help me ....and why did sora save herself along with haruke?? Well, sora knew that she wanted to suicide and free haruke from her ..but if haruke died with her than whats the point ....and thatw when ur senses kick in....she became desperate to save haruke...and haruke saying help me made it more worse and she became more desperate...and this is when a humans adrenaline pushes in more blood and chemsitry does its magic biologically and body tissues along with mussles becomes more intensive and more powerful giving a human enough power to even pick up a car in stressful situations...which happened here.....and the writer brought cellphone in the books which means that basic scientific facts can be seen here just like the drowning one...and thats how sora rescued haruke and how did sora got a new doll......??.....sora tored up her doll and broke the window ....but it was a token of her mother so why woukd she repace it....because it was torned up and why would she care about something which she herself torned apart....then her brother giving her a new one solves this question......and then we see a mail in akiras sisters phone....which means that they really sre going to the distant sky which is in fact northern europe where sweden and other great european countries meet....and the sky is really blusih...how did they afford that kinda journey........well,,if they somehow knew about that artisian ...then maybe the artisian sent em that money cause email existed there than why wouldnt be money mail or order?? So theres this affordation explanation.....then comes the "they died" anti-protest......if they died ...then how r they in a train rather than a flying unicorn and how can heaven has email and network service????..and why would she still hold to that doll if she could meet her parents?? Well, thats my answer....they didnt die!!!! They lived and thats the fact until season 2 and now im out of depression!!!!!!
This anime was giving me depression since the day i watched ep 12....now i can rest in peace!!!! ..they are alive yayyyyyy!!!!ohh godd i feel like reborned!!!!
Darkally666Dec 29, 2020 5:38 PM
Jan 10, 2021 5:54 PM
Feb 2020
Yes,Haru and Sora are alive because Sora may be swim or that brown hair girl or Nao might saved Haru.They might buy new teddy bear in shop.
Jan 21, 2021 9:25 AM
Jan 2021
It depends on what medium you’re referring to.
In the anime

In the visual novel however
Mar 3, 2021 4:01 AM
Jul 2020
Well, YnS finally has run its last, and we definitely got the trainwreck, nobody-lives-happily-ever-afterward ending. It’s not “Nice Boat” but it’s sure as hell not rainbows and unicorns, either. However, there are some serious disputes on various blogs over exactly what the ending meant, and I’m going to opine on that, so what’s below the fold is massive spoilers. I can’t put them behind tags, because they compromise the whole article. I can burn a little space with a picture, but if you’re on RSS and haven’t seen it yet, bail now, or you’ll see the fate of the Kasugano siblings.

At 10:14, just as he realizes Sora is missing, Haruka gets a message from her, which tells him she’s either committing suicide or running away. He rushes out madly, but it isn’t clear as to whether he takes his cell phone. From the fact that he and Nao (who helps) have to touch base rather than phone each other, it seems unlikely that he took it. As Haruka is searching for Sora, he remembers:

“The lake near the restricted buildings of Sayori-hime’s shrine is said to be the place where everything began. It’s believed to be the birthplace of humanity, even before Onogoro Island. If you go there, you’ll get a chance to be reborn… and redo your life!”

Haruka correctly deduces that Sora is going there to commit suicide, and he rushes there to save her. But at 13:00, he stops at the gate next to Akira’s house. He has a flashback to Akira and himself as children, and several other memories from the last day, where he confronted or was confronted by, classmates in regards to Sora.

At 13:48, Haruka has a vision of a sad Akira and jerks in reaction. Inside the house, Akira seems to feel something, and comes out to find the gate open, but no one in sight.

Haruka runs to the lake and finds Sora wading out. Just as he reaches her, Sora steps off into very deep water. Neither can swim, and after a struggle, the usual fate of multiple persons in that situation occurs — they end up drowning each other in their struggles. The last we see is them sinking into the depths, Haruka thinking “…if we can go to a world far away, alone…”

Yet seconds later, we see Haruka waking up with Sora on the temple steps, wet, but none the worse for the wear. Bear in mind that Sora is a slight girl and physically weak. She’s not rescuing him from as deep as they went. They talk, tears are shed, and it’s strongly hinted that they remain there until dawn, making love.

Later, Akria, Kazuha, Kozue, Ryohei, and Nao meet while walking to school. Kazuha looks unhappy to meet the others; cold and distant. It’s soon evident that it’s the first time all five of them have gotten together since Haruka and Sora disappeared.

At 17:39 Akia cheerfully asks Kazuha if there have been any texts since “that one.” Kazuha looks sad, turns away and answers in the negative. We are then treated to a flashback of her reading a message (presumably from Haruka) in class It’s… remarkably specifics-free, when you get down to it, although it states that they just reached their destination. It talks about being taken care of by a friend of their father’s. I can’t read Japanese, but I note that the “From” line is different from the email that Haruka got from Sora. (Meaning it’s from Haruka’s phone, not Sora’s).

At 18:13 Akira still looks a bit sad but in an “I’m OK with it” manner as they walk.

At 18:15 the gang decides to stop by Haruka and Sora’s house for some reason.

At 18:23 Kazuha is passing by the patio doors, and gives a very understated bow, like one might towards a shrine…or grave. She’s alone, no one else notices.

At 18:28 Akira is passing by the broken window to Sora’s room — and sees Sora’s rabbit is shredded, lying on the bed. Akira looks very surprised — shocked, even.

At 18:35, which is on the walk afterward, Akia looks very pensive, in thought. Nao still has an expression much like Akira’s at 18:13.

From there through the next minute, Nao is being wistful and understanding, while Kozue is being very not understanding and tearfully angry. (Although she didn’t get an arc, she was one of the routes in the game. Earlier in the episode she confesses she was in love with Haruka.)

We then switch to the final scenes of Haruka and Sora, dressed as we first saw them. They’re on a train (not at their destination) which is passing through darkness, as if in a tunnel. Only one small suitcase is with them — and Sora is holding her rabbit. They talk a bit. As the train suddenly emerges into the light (with nothing visible through the windows but sky and clouds), Sora moves to Haruka’s seat to passionately kiss him. No one else is visible on the train, though we see something like a roadbed barely visible through the window, from the vertical angle.

Conclusion: Haruka and Sora are dead, drowned in the lake and since no one knows they were there, the bodies will never be recovered. What Akira felt at 13:50 was Haruka’s decision that if Sora couldn’t be stopped, or was already dead, he would also suicide, as the world wasn’t going to let them stay together.

Later on, Kazuha broke into their house, and found Haruka’s cell phone with the final message from Sora. When they didn’t turn up after several days, she deduced that they’d died in a lover’s pact, or had fled. So to give everyone else closure, she used Haruka’s phone to send a fake message to her own. After seeing the broken window and destroyed bunny, Akira (the person closest to Kazuha) guessed what her half-sister had done. Note that Kazuha was the only one that bowed towards the house — because she knows they’re dead.

The bunny is just evidence for slow people like me. The empty train moving from darkness into light, and everything else point to Haruka and Sora being “reborn” into some sort of afterlife together. I suppose that’s the happiest possible ending for them, but Kozue is still shattered by it all, and Kazuha feels guilt for dishonesty with her friends. Akira naturally feels upset because she knows of her friends’ fate and the deception. If she’s connected it with her premonition, she probably feels more guilt for not following up on it.

Edit: This show was not the usual fluff and fun harem; notwithstanding the meido arc told in shorts at the end of every episode, it was a serious drama, with consequences for everyone, depending on the girl chosen. This show wasn’t easy to watch to the bitter end, but it was a hell of a lot better than I expected it to be. I think a lot of folks (including me) were expecting the usual comedy, and that’s not what the writers aimed for. The final arc treated the subject of incest not as a bit of fluff, fun, and excitement; it gave it all the serious weight it was due. Society sees it as wrong, and there will be little understanding to be found for those transgressing on its taboos.

Final note: the shows tag line is “In solitude where we can be are least alone.” (corrected) Yes, indeed. Haruka and Sora are somewhere else, reborn into their own magical afterlife with just the two of them, where they can share their love without shame or disapproval.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to find something less depressing to think about. This show didn’t get me to Misaki Chronicles level of emotion, but it’s affected me harder than anything since.

This is the Harsh truth of yosuga no sora and all the doubt has been cleared😔💫👌
Mar 14, 2021 1:28 PM
Jan 2016
Have we considered that there isn't a correct answer to this question? As with a lot of shows and art in general, whether we like it or not, there isn't one correct way to interpret it that the artist or creator had in mind. There is some strong evidence in both directions and it is good to debate, but perhaps even the original artist did not want even set an official resolution in his mind or through what is written/drawn.

There are lessons to be learned whether they die or not. Both options are realistic, so I think it is better to consider what messages are being told in both cases and make some realizations from both.

For example, if they do die, this could show how taboo relationships can lead to sorrowful outcomes based on the views of society, even though we see how much Haru and Sora love each other. If they live and run away, maybe this story tells a message of how important love is to some people and it may be worth running away over.

We can think of different themes for both endings all day, and its probably more worthwhile to discuss those than spending time trying to analyze evidence trying to find a nonexistent final outcome.
Jun 21, 2021 5:46 AM
Jun 2021
Someone plz tell me they dont die this ending making me depressed
Oct 17, 2021 5:35 AM

Jun 2017
i really would have enjoyed it if they had died. not for any particular reason...but it's not like you particularly had any good reason to care for any of them anyway lol
Oct 26, 2021 1:10 AM
Jun 2021
Why does everyone keep saying that Haru cannot swim? Nao teaches him in episode 7. Sora's arc picks up AFTER episode 7 so he does know how to swim.
Jul 17, 2023 12:58 PM
Jul 2023
From the ヨスガノソラ Official Character Book (episode 12 summary): https://imgur.com/a/Zg48IRf

Google Translate:

Yu and Sora find out that they are in a relationship. After hearing Kozue's harsh words of rejection and confessing his honest feelings to Nao, Yu begins to feel that the relationship between the two cannot be accepted by the world at all. Meanwhile, Yu receives a call from his uncle and decides to live separately from Sora, but when he hears the story, Sora suddenly disappears.
Desperately searching for the whereabouts of Sora, Yu finds Sora in the lake at the inner shrine of Yorihime Shrine, where it is said that if you go there, you can start your life over again. drink
I'm drowning in...
Yu and Sora wake up by the lake and confirm their true feelings for each other. The two, who chose to live together as lovers, headed for the town where the furniture craftsman whose parents once took care of lived
Jul 29, 2023 9:50 PM

Jun 2021
Not my proudest fap
Jul 30, 2023 2:20 AM

Jan 2023
There are are good arguments for both sides, but the anime end makes it look like they're alive imo.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nozomu - Oct 18, 2010

287 by DemhatTks16 »»
Apr 11, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 6, 2010

187 by Obscurantist »»
Apr 7, 12:16 PM

» How can I add hanime in the app (Android)

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 26

12 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 28, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dunkmaru - Dec 20, 2010

513 by Rezete_01 »»
Feb 24, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Nov 22, 2010

230 by Rezete_01 »»
Feb 24, 3:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.