Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 31, 2010 5:34 PM

Jan 2008
It was an enjoyable watch. I look forward for the next installment. Wakka!

If ever one find this show boring to watch, I recommend one should try to stop watching this per week. D/l a batch and watch this continuously. I did that I appreciate this show much more from then on. Anyway, to each his/her own.
Jan 3, 2011 11:11 PM

Oct 2008
9/10

I love this so much!
I wanted to read the manga once the anime was over but now since there is going to be a second season, I prefer waiting a little bit more. I really loved the art - especially the eyes and the original depiction of most characters and I loved the music including the two OPs done by Monkey Majik.

I was expecting something like Harry Potter when I saw the anime's title and picture because Mago in Italian means wizard and Rikuo by day looks a lot like Harry Potter lol Perhaps the closest thing to my speculations was the music xD

I am looking very forward for the second season! Please come quick!
Feb 15, 2011 8:57 PM
Apr 2010
meh 8/10 for me for the nostalgia of inuyasha..>.<
I enjoyed it final episode was a tad booring than the other episodes.
Now the wait for season 2...(or mabe start reading the comic ;)
Mar 31, 2011 10:18 AM

Feb 2011
good show
but i have it
i must wait a long episode for the final battle
looks like they don't any idea so they do that
anyway its 8/10 from me
Apr 9, 2011 7:00 AM

Dec 2007
What a huge disappointment!
This should have been handled in half the episodes, it dragged on forever.
When there finally was some action after all the talking and dragging, they were poorly handled and predictable.

5/10
Apr 17, 2011 12:36 PM

May 2009
when did the enemy of the kappa guy appear?
i've only noticed him in the battle
and 1hit k.o by the rasengan of the kappa \m/

Tsurara,Yuki-onna,Oikawa-san FTW!
Apr 28, 2011 1:16 AM

Jun 2009
wow i really like this anime.. i didnt find this boring except for the recaps... i did score the recaps 1/10 haha it is really un watchable..XDD

and for this anime series 9/10. ^^

gon w8 4 the second season.. ^^
Jun 2, 2011 10:57 AM

Aug 2010
I like how night and day rikuo is slowly merging into one..

Kana seems to start noticing the similarity between night and day rikuo.. I guess this hints the start of some romance? :P

Rikuo is really cool and charismatic! XD

I wonder if tamazuki will end up joining rikuo? that'll be interesting..

Oh there is a second season?! Yay more rikuo scenes!
Jul 2, 2011 4:35 AM

May 2011
I watched the series continuously and didn't find it boring and I thought the fights were handled well...overall I liked it :) The first half is kinda slow and the gyuki arc wasn't that great but I actually liked the second half of it. I just didn't like that Tamazuki guy was spared, I mean he killed his people and we didn't get to see how he was punished by his big daddy bear :(

Anyways, I liked all the characters and Night Rikuo is cool^^ (I just hope Kana doesn't become a damsel in distress in S2)

It was cool finishing the series 1 day before the simulcast. Lucky!
Jul 17, 2011 5:53 AM
Oct 2010
Man, what a dissatisfying ending. = n =
Jul 18, 2011 11:49 AM

Jan 2009
Oh, great. Finally done with this.
It's funny how it took me until ep20 to realize that Saori has boobs.
And god, that horrible CGI. Not quite as bad as in [C], but still

So, longest fucking train trip ever? Just how many episodes was Granpa Nurarihyon on that train? 5-6 episodes or something? ( ¬‿¬)

And after all is said and done, the one redeeming feature of the show was FukuJun, because he is pretty awesome. Definitely not Rikuo's lol-random-plotkai-power-up at the end at least.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 28, 2011 10:12 PM

Jan 2011
ryuutaro said:

Kyokasuigetsu is Aizen's zanpakuto which controll all senses that was cool too.

Kyouka Suigetsu? F**k. What am I watching?
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Aug 3, 2011 6:47 PM

Oct 2009
Never read the manga, but with all the changes i've heard, i'm probably gonna go read the manga... after season 2 is finished :).
This series is really good so far though.
Sep 13, 2011 12:13 AM

Oct 2010
So he goes to say hi to his friends after drinking sake with the clan's heads and no one wonders about the smell or injuries >.>
The fact that none of their friends realizes that shit always goes down when he disappears and suddenly a cooler version of him appears is really mind blowing.

I feel disappointed about the show overall. When the story started I expected great things but it really failed to delivered imo.

Just wondering, when he swaps to "night mode", is it like a personality swap or it just gives him the courage to do what is needed (like needing a nice buzz to get things going)?
huh?
Sep 19, 2011 5:25 AM

Jul 2008
choyos said:
I feel disappointed about the show overall. When the story started I expected great things but it really failed to delivered imo.

Give a try to Senne Makyou (Season 2). Trust me, you will enjoy that one MUCH more.
Sep 23, 2011 10:17 PM

Jul 2009
Interesting plot that reeked of cliche bull. *sigh* I hope the sequel will do great.

7/10
Oct 17, 2011 7:26 AM
Apr 2011
Interesting, cool fights. I don't like the idea of how 'day' rikuo and 'night' rikuo are like 2 different people with different personalities. Even though he keeps saying they're both him, he's like not in control when he's 'night' rikuo (as shown when night rikuo took kana to the restaurant, and the next day, was really embrassed). Idk, I hope that eventually both really become 1 person and/or rikuo can at least hold a battle during the day. I didn't like Kana either; she's always wanting to meet night rikuo and when she does, always in danger needing to be saved. Reminds me alot of that girl from DN Angel, who had the same personality lol.
8/10 for me though.
Nov 5, 2011 2:34 PM
Nov 2010
That was a nice first season, I don't quite get what happened to the killed youkai, did they stay dead?
Feb 21, 2012 4:52 AM

Dec 2011
Cooooooooooooooooool...

Keikain, Wai Chiu No Hear Of Nura Clan Before???
uhh...
Mar 29, 2012 9:09 AM

Nov 2011
Loved it. That OP song is in my head now tbh...
Mar 29, 2012 9:11 PM

Jul 2011
Useless characters (humans AND youkai)
Kana... -facepalm-

And so much more!! This series... made me really dislike cherry blossoms... e.o

5/10

First season disappoints, but I'm hearing good things from S2. Will check out.
Apr 6, 2012 4:37 PM

Nov 2008
Wow it only took me about a day and a half to finish this! I guess that being sick and staying in bed all day has its benefits!

Anyway I enjoyed watching this series, it has its moments and the characters are all interesting with a really nice love triangle, got to love those.

8/10. On to the next season and maybe the manga.
May 19, 2012 6:53 AM

Oct 2009
Umm hmm ehhh...another lame episode not sure if i should watch the second season..
Aug 10, 2012 11:05 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, this season got pretty boring towards the end. The only thing I enjoyed in the last episodes was Yuki-Onna that countered that spell by covering one of her eyes with ice.
Story is nothing spectacular and the characters are starting to get annoying, expecially Rikuo's friends.

Maybe I don't like it anymore because there's a lot of silly comedy and generally now I tend to avoid silly anime if they're not something like "Working'!".
Nov 15, 2012 6:48 AM

Mar 2010
lol this is it? =___=

bad ending. BAD. 7/10 for season 1.
Hope season 2 will be MUCH much MUUUUUCH better :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2012 6:51 AM

Mar 2010
by the way i reeeeeeeeeally despise KANA. what the fuck in the name of nemesis DOES THAT GOOD FOR NOTHING girl be one of the main character? LOL WTF -__-!!
i personally prefer tsurara x rikuo though..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2013 9:58 PM

May 2012
Yeah....really don't think I'm going to be down for season 2. I think this is meant for a younger crowd then shounen like Naruto & One Piece. The demons are all soft, the kids are annoying and every single thing that happened during the show was predictable. There was never once a moment that made me stop and go like "Woah, didn't see that coming." Even Vampire Knight and Sword Art Online have given me moments like that lol.

I agree 100% with Sebastian333, Kana adds absolutely nothing to the plot and frankly just brings the show down. Every time she appears on screen I sigh. I was thinking she would be the Sakura of the show earlier but that would be insulting to Sakura. I know she doesn't have powers so we can't expect much from her but she should at least try to stay out of harm's way.

Something that really annoyed me is that everyone keeps denying the Yokai. I mean seriously. They're friends with an onmyoji, they've seen Yokai countless times and yet they still act shocked whenever a Yokai appears. They apparently had all seen the Yokai back when Rikuo first transformed 4 years back so why do they keep acting like they're not real?

Good guys getting random power ups, bad guys going off the deep end and turning on their comrades. Yeah this is new. 6/10 and that's being generous.
Apr 21, 2013 2:44 AM

Apr 2009
another overrated anime. Boring and predictable fights. :<
Sep 10, 2013 8:13 PM
Aug 2011
Can someone explain how Night Rikou was fighting in the morning? I didn't quite understand that part, but I know there must be a justified reason. Or is it simply them slowly combining into one person?
Sep 12, 2013 6:39 PM
Jun 2013
7/10 for the entire series. Predictable and disappointing ending. I hope there's less "little bitch mode" aka Rikuo human form in season 2.
May 6, 2014 12:32 PM

Nov 2012
My feelings after finished this anime : No impression, just plain. That's all.
Sep 6, 2014 4:21 PM

Jan 2014
too many annoying characters and lame battles. I hope that the 2nd season is way better than this one.

6/10
Recommend me an anime
Jan 22, 2015 2:52 PM

Jun 2014
Gyuki is at home base, because hes more important there

The fight was so lame, even the ones in the iphone infinity blade were better.

A very average series 5/10

Mar 29, 2015 9:27 AM

May 2014
Enjoyable watch, entertaining, though the villains fight wasn't as badass as I would have thought. Some other scenes had better animation lol, I wish they put the same effort into the last fight.
7.5/10 for series
Apr 5, 2015 11:33 PM

Aug 2013
Well the series was not bad.
But I prefer the manga ver. for Shikoku arc.
Other than that it's alright I guess.
They could do better.
May 28, 2015 5:22 PM

Jan 2014
Lots of Bleach parallels. Aside from Aizen's Kyōka Suigetsu, the Mahou Hammer looked a lot like Kenpachi Zaraki's zanpakuto, and that part at the end where the dog follows Izunami was reminiscent of the end of the Fake Karakura Town Arc where Yammy Llargo wonders why his pet dog followed him just before he succumbs to his injuries from his battle with Kenpachi and Byakuya and dies.

This actually turned out to be pretty good, all and all. Nura's face at the end when the little yokai ran down the hall was pretty funny. I liked the running joke with everyone seeing a yokai except for the guy who's most gung-ho about finding one.
Oct 2, 2015 8:44 AM

Aug 2013
I enjoyed it. I wish the fights looked better.

7/10 for the series
Oct 14, 2015 3:21 PM
Dec 2014
Yeah definitely not a classic. Kinda average but enjoyable. Was in the mood for shonen and found a nice BD rip. 7/10 see you next season space cowboy.
Aug 22, 2016 6:08 PM

Mar 2012
Personally think the classmates bring the show down quite a lot. There was no real need for Kana, or the others for that matter at all plot wise and for the larger part of the show whenever the focus shifted away from the main story back onto his classmates, the show became incredibly boring. Really interesting background story, but it's a shame for only half of the show it's a relevant story.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jan 3, 2017 8:51 AM

Feb 2015
Pretty satisfying ending, but i guess that one club leader will never see a demon ever. Poor guy
Jul 11, 2017 4:06 PM

Oct 2015
I loved this anime and will be looking forward to season 2. I want to see if he will inherit the supreme commander of the youkai fully and see where he will end up with his friends, his true identity i mean. 8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 3, 2018 11:38 PM
Jun 2016
Amazing! just amazing!
Nov 7, 2019 2:02 PM

Mar 2009
A bit of a snooze fest, hoping the next season is more entertaining.
The humans are for the most part just annoying.
May 18, 2020 8:40 PM

Nov 2016
I don't think a show has ever annoyed me more than this when it came to the insufferable human friends. They completely ruined this show. I'm most likely not even going to continue anything related to this because of them alone. The only reason I stuck around was for Demon Rikuo and Tsurara. There were some pretty good OSTs that I did enjoy. The first half of the show was a lot better. The second half somewhat felt like a drag more than anything.
Aug 2, 2020 12:49 PM
Oct 2019
Decent finale (6/10). Decent series (6/10).

But not good enough to watch season 2.

The MC is lame, and even in yokai form the scenes/fights don't live up to their potential. I feel like the characters are pretty static. And despite having a huge ensemble cast (which I really enjoy when done well), I don't feel like they did a good job at making them interesting, or having their unique characteristics and personalities play well together. The whole wasn't greater than the sum of its parts.

It had all the ingredients for a good show, it just didn't execute. Oh well.
Dec 11, 2020 12:23 PM

May 2020
Good episode. Rikuo lead the clan to protect wild yokai. Season 2 here I go.
Sep 3, 2022 8:23 PM

Feb 2009
I couldn't take that idiot Kana anymore.
Seriously, by far the worst character, it annoyed me too much to have a useless copy of Orihine, a vase would be more useful.
Just the thought of having to put up with her in season two, I'm already disheartened to watch
Oct 14, 2022 2:51 AM

Jun 2017
The human characters in this anime were very bland. They got far too much screentime and added nothing of value. The only one I liked was the onmyoji girl. Nura hiding his identity from his friends also got really tiresome. Not a single good fight sequence in the whole season even though the studio had plenty of opportunities. The story was so slow it was like watching a Naruto filler arc. 5/10 for first season.
Jul 22, 2023 1:52 PM

Nov 2010
Tamazuki didn't live up to the hype. He sacrificed his comrades and had the demon-slaying sword, and he still performed poorly against, Rikuo. Their fight wasn't interesting to watch. I never felt threatened by him.

Tamazuki is supposed to get punished, and it looks like he got away scot-free after inflicting so much damage.
The ending was okay. Hopefully, next season will have more interesting developments.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

deadaccount0000 - Jul 5, 2010

155 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 17, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 6, 2010

37 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 7, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Dubbed or Subbed? Witch one is better?

Zmagoo256 - Apr 26, 2020

2 by Mazdite1 »»
Nov 12, 2023 12:15 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 6, 2010

113 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 2, 2023 10:03 AM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bolt_ - Aug 30, 2010

73 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 1, 2023 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.