Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 21, 2010 11:03 AM

Mar 2008
incest but lovely!

09/10
Dec 21, 2010 11:03 AM

Jul 2010
OmegaDenmad said:
Strong finale; I like good endings, and Sora and Haruka being so happy definitely qualifies. All in all, this series score would be 10/10 for the final arc only, but it had it's ups and downs in between.
Haruka's dilemma was handled well, and for all the drama the situation could (and did) cause, I feel it was examined without getting too preachy or TOO smutty.

Kuro4735 said:
Poor Class rep though, I didn't think it would hit her as hard as it actually did.

I think it would be hard on anyone to find the person you like (however unrequited and small that "like", it was still a teenage crush) having sex with someone and actually watch the climax. But then to find the person with their brother/sister... Therapist needed indeed. Specially since she is basically a vocal piece for all the people that condemn this series for the incest.

Hopefully she will get over it, it's pretty sad that the only path dealing with Kozue ends with a BAD END for her lol.

Man,I would have really like to see her get banged by Haru.
yeo
Dec 21, 2010 11:04 AM

Jul 2010
SurferDude said:
And in the end, twincest triumphs over all.
This episode played out pretty much as I expected/hoped it would. I am EXTREMELY happy that this arc had a good ending, with Sora and Haru riding on a Nice Train together.
10/10 from me for this series. Some people might call it smut, but I call it Art. Definitely one of the best anime that I had the pleasure of viewing.

I agree with you, baby.
yeo
Dec 21, 2010 11:19 AM

Nov 2010
Ha, so in the game Sora CAN swim, i think we found a plot hole in the adaptation!

anywho, as someone who doesn't think they're dead i have to say i'm glad Sora got a good ending, i was afraid they were gonna give her a horrible ending.

and Nao got more respect points from me in this episode than in her entire arc, where as Kozue can go jump of a cliff.

but with Motoka being my favorite, this was one of the best screens in the whole anime
Dec 21, 2010 11:21 AM

Nov 2008
Please keep the disussion of the overlap from the VN compared to the anime to a minimum, or drastic measures might be taken.
Dec 21, 2010 11:22 AM
Jan 2010
What a very long discussion about the "real" ending to the show. I gotta give credit to those who were able to come up with reasonable and well-thought-out theories.

Nonetheless, would someone be very nice to ask the creators of this show, so that we won't have to so perplexed as to what really happened?

People say that they both died, and others say they both lived, but I strongly hope for the latter. I have to say, however, that I am ambivalent.
Dec 21, 2010 11:22 AM

May 2009
I can't believe how calm and forgiving Nao was. Of course, i feel sorry for her, but mostly for Kozue :( I couldn't stand to watch her cry... i guess it was inevitable, with a 'kyoudai love' setting.
Too bad Kozue didn't have her own arc, but at least she expressed her feelings. I think that's important.
But i would feel very sad for Sora too, if he left her or ignored her after everything.. it would be cruel and cowardly; but i can't blame Haru either, cuz he had a tough decision and a lot of pressure from every side.
I think they had good friends (and girlfriends), and the choice to leave them was probably hard.

For me it's difficult to rate this anime, cuz i was disappointed from the beginning - cuz it was done in arcs, which usually means worse story structure and the atmosphere seems fake; but it wasn't that bad in a way... it was done better than usual arc harems >.>
I don't know how the story is done compared to VN cuz i never played it nor have i read the manga, but from my viewpoint it was ok i guess. (except i wish all 12 episodes were done as one arc instead of alternative time shifts. I wish it was like what they did with Kimikiss! that's the best example of how an arc-harem can be adapted in a great way)

But i enjoyed watching this, it was 'appetizing' :P it had potential (which wasn't used fully), good artwork, interesting story and it drew my attention every week. And that's a sign of an ok or good anime.
As the anime season is nearing it's end, another series ended. Gonna miss it..

Good luck to Haru and Sora. Their relationship makes me a little sad, but i'm not against it. Never am strictly against these kinds of relationships. So i hope they find what happiness they can, on the difficult road they bravely chose.

P.s. Motoka was as silly as always lol Haru got 'all in one' with that girl :D
But i still didn't get my Yahiro-nee arc :( even a mini arc would suffice :P Hoping for the specials then ;)
Dec 21, 2010 11:24 AM
Jul 2018
YOU ARE ALL OVERTHINKING THIS SHOW WAY TOO MUCh!!!!
removed-userDec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Dec 21, 2010 11:43 AM

May 2009
Captain-Z said:
YOU ARE ALL OVERTHINKING THIS SHOW WAY TOO MUCK!!!!

lol you said 'MUCK' :)
Don't worry, it's not a crime to overthink; but it can only be a problem if they spoil something for others, which i doubt since it's the final episode.
Dec 21, 2010 11:45 AM

Oct 2009
Captain-Z said:
YOU ARE ALL OVERTHINKING THIS SHOW WAY TOO MUCK!!!!
Less thinking and more fapping!
Dec 21, 2010 12:29 PM

Aug 2010
Well, not as good as compared to last episode which was amazing, but I still liked it. I really liked the president character, now I want her to have an arc.
Dec 21, 2010 1:09 PM

Apr 2009
So, in the end we were given two good (enough) episodes... damn, it was a failure as an anime. I've already said everything about this anime in the discussion about the 11th episode, so I'll just say: "and once again the adaptation proved to be definitely worse than the original game". 4/10.

Dec 21, 2010 1:13 PM
Jul 2010
I gotta say and this anime by far is one of my favorites i loved the ending and also happy that sora and haru stayed together. On the other hand i dont feel bad for Kozue one bit cuz she wasnt involved in the anime much no real plot with her and haru sure she told him she loved him but that was when the anime was finishing. Nao well, i do feel sorry for her having to accept the fact that Haru chose sora over her but she said she wanted to think the 2 of them can be really happy so we know she'll get over it. But that's only my opinion and i give this anime 10/10.
Dec 21, 2010 1:23 PM

Jul 2010
So, there we are. It was one hell of a ride. Poor Kozue taking it so hard, all red-eyed and stuff. Then there's the confrontation between Nao and Sora on the rooftop and between Kozue and Haruka plus even more drama. Haruka sexually frustrated once more and forcing Sora on the ground only to hesitate and letting it result into a fight. Sora just didn't see anything wrong about love between siblings, but Haruka actually thought it through. Sora kind of deserved that slap for constantly forcing it on him. It's like he said; "Don't say it's like it's nothing", just what I was thinking.

Sora didn't like the thought of living apart now did she? Trashing up the kitchen, after that her own room, disappearing like that and going to that lake because she believed in that stupid story. They nearly drowned but thankfully Sora came to the rescue in the end.

I'm happy Nao actually understands what they're going through and that she tries to believe in it working out. Kozue on the other hand refuses. I always though of her as a nice character who should get her own arc. She's still interesting, but I don't like her as much anymore. =(

Now that they can begin anew overseas, the series is finally over now. It was a weird ride, with much drama, some funny scenes and way too much sex scenes. =P
Overall the series gets a 7/10 from me.

Dec 21, 2010 1:53 PM

Nov 2008
Okay so they are ALIVE, that's all I wanna know xDDD (note: not a VN reader)

So I guess leaving the town is the best choice for every incestuous relationship eh xDD I was thinking that they would do the other way because I've seen this scenario before *cough*Myself;Yourself*cough* xDD

Oh well, I love the drama in this arc. I could only sympathize with them crossing the line of a relationship. It's not that I support incestuous relationship. As long as they love each other, that's all that really matter and they will overcome the hardships together. xDD

On the other hand:

I really love Sora's clothes especially at the end >.<

RYOUHEI WILL HAVE HIS HAREM NOW SINCE HARUKA IS GONE XDD lmao
DenjaXDec 21, 2010 2:00 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dec 21, 2010 2:42 PM

Aug 2008
I notice the ribbons on Sora's hair changes with her mood. She had on white ribbons as a child, wore black ribbons ever since after the death of her parents and towards the end she was seen wearing white ribbons on the train with Haru.
I love subtle symbolism. <333
Dec 21, 2010 2:52 PM

Jul 2010
well i don't really knoiw why but i really didn't like this last arc, i think the arc before where much better. well in the whole it was an ok series but nothing i would say someone have to see or one that i would watch a 2nd time.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Dec 21, 2010 2:58 PM

Jun 2008
LOVED THE ENDING!!!

Are they alive are they dead???

It's always great to leave the audience wondering whether or not they are alive.

Sora's arc was by far the best one, I wish the whole 12 episodes would have been only about Haruka and Sora.

Either way, in my OPINION, this is the best ending to a Visual Novel that I have EVER seen.

YES that's right, this is BETTER than Clannad MAGIC, Kanon MAGIC, and Angel Beats.....I mean the ending not the entire show.

8/10.....would have been higher if it wasn't for all the other useless and stupid girls.
Dec 21, 2010 3:37 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Twincest ending! xD

Dec 21, 2010 3:41 PM
Sep 2010
I liked this anime. I give it a 8/10. Soras arc was by far the best

But to answer whether they are dead or alive. My thought is that they are indeed alive.

First off, the reason why the rich girl got the text message was because she was the only one who had a cellphone.

Second, the rich girl would definitely not be in some sort of conspiracy against the deaths of the twins, that is not in her character, therefore saying there would be a cover-up is flat out wrong.

Third, now this is something I had to look up myself, is that Sora is actually a capable swimmer, therefore her taking Haru to the surface is quite possible for her.

Now lets look at what is against this.

Sora has her doll intact. What does this mean? Well it means they simply got her a new one. yes I know that it was a memento from her mom, but that doesnt mean it couldnt be bought anywhere else.

And thats really it for the death theory. Burden of proof is on the Death theory, and the only thing you have is what happened to the bunny. ANd that can easily be explained.

Anyway I really liked this show. At first I thought it was garbage, but it really got to show the impulsiveness of people, and that can easily be reflected in real life.

Though as someone who adored Sora thoughout the entire anime, I was indeed depressed when she got banged by Haru :( But hey, at least she is happy
Dec 21, 2010 3:54 PM
Oct 2010
It's quite simple, really: they live in the visual novel, so they live in the anime as well. I'm sure the bunny must have been a studio mistake.
Dec 21, 2010 4:02 PM

Oct 2010
alexcampos said:
Either way, in my OPINION, this is the best ending to a Visual Novel that I have EVER seen.
I still think the Ef series beats all this anytime. Sora's arc is the closest I have seen to Ef but to me it does not beat it, especially the first one Memories.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 21, 2010 4:03 PM

Dec 2009
I'm disappointed, & I feel like I was suckered. It's my own fault, really. I thought I could watch decently fleshed-out characters struggle with feeling compelled to do something so taboo. That was interesting, & how that struggle did not take place in a vaccuum, effecting everyone invested -remotely or otherwise- in a relationship with Haru & Sora kept me coming back. I would have like to have watched a bit more exploration into the supporting characters' reactions.

I don't know...I guess the best way to say it is I felt that the story did not support the ending enough to make it really good. It had a lot of potential, yet the writers chose to dumb it down; especially towards the end. Whether this was done in order to quickly wrap everything up, or to simply appeal to the basest appetites in order to achieve at least a marginal "win," I couldn't say. Either way, it left me feeling disappointed over a lost opportunity.
Dec 21, 2010 4:08 PM

Nov 2009
The ending was i guess better than expected. I was sort of confused by Haru at times; he lived with his inability to comprehend his emotions, he finally realizes them and becomes intimate and then gets distracted by others. He even defended that he was in love. And that slap >.>

I was expecting them to both drown and i don't get how they lived... whatever.
(Very Good 8/10)
Dec 21, 2010 4:14 PM

May 2009
A quite good ending and a lot of nice twincest, but overall I didn't really care for the story or characters. The sex was nice...
Dec 21, 2010 4:24 PM

Jun 2008
Call me crazy, but until I get definite confirmation, I choose to believe they are dead. I'm not going to force this view on anyone or say that I'm definitely right, though. And it's not that I want them to be dead or anything, not at all, it just feels so much more satisfying, well-done, and emotional if that's the case. If they really are alive, this episode was done terribly.
Dec 21, 2010 4:32 PM

Aug 2010
Alexstratz said:
BOAT F*CK WHERE?

EXACTLY, WHERES MY BOAT, IT WAS ALMOST THERE, WE JUST NEEDED A BOAT WHILE THEY WERE DROWNING!! DAMNNn!!!
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Dec 21, 2010 4:54 PM

Oct 2010
MeltyxBlood said:
Alexstratz said:
BOAT F*CK WHERE?

EXACTLY, WHERES MY BOAT, IT WAS ALMOST THERE, WE JUST NEEDED A BOAT WHILE THEY WERE DROWNING!! DAMNNn!!!

Like I said. There is NO Boat.

Only a train. A NICE TRAIN!!!
Dec 21, 2010 4:56 PM

Jul 2008
This is probably my favorite episode. Nao gained a lot of respect from me, and I felt really bad for the Class President.
Dec 21, 2010 4:57 PM

Apr 2009
"I don't mind if you mess me up" <- best quote of the anime.

If only the entire 12 episodes was devoted to this arc... It would be much more fleshed out...

And imo evidence points that they're dead (the rabbit etc), and if they were it still doesn't detract from the awesomeness.
Dec 21, 2010 5:35 PM

Sep 2010
Nice End~!
I think they're alive though. I can't explain how but I think they are... somehow, someway, IDK.
Dec 21, 2010 5:57 PM

Sep 2008
Pretty much as good as the ending could get I think.

Great show, somehow one of my favs from this season. This shows a definite hit or miss thing so I can see why so many people wouldn't like it.

9/10
Dec 21, 2010 6:01 PM

Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
alexcampos said:
I still think the Ef series beats all this anytime. Sora's arc is the closest I have seen to Ef but to me it does not beat it, especially the first one Memories.

I never finished seeing Ef....

Although I did see the first 3 episodes or so, I just never got into it.

Either way, I love how the ending makes you think whether they are dead or not, kinda like:

The Sora arc was so well done that it moved my rating from a 6 to an 8, I absolutely loved every minute of it.

Oh and for the people wondering...THE VISUAL NOVEL ENDS WITH THEM ALIVE!!!
Dec 21, 2010 6:11 PM

Sep 2010
alexcampos said:

Either way, I love how the ending makes you think whether they are dead or not, kinda like:

Now that I think about it, it sorta does.

The omake made me lol.
Dec 21, 2010 7:20 PM
Dec 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
Call me crazy, but until I get definite confirmation, I choose to believe they are dead. I'm not going to force this view on anyone or say that I'm definitely right, though. And it's not that I want them to be dead or anything, not at all, it just feels so much more satisfying, well-done, and emotional if that's the case. If they really are alive, this episode was done terribly.

My sentiments exactly...
Dec 21, 2010 7:21 PM

Oct 2010
pk2495 said:
alexcampos said:

Now that I think about it, it sorta does.The omake made me lol.
Well I will stick to 11 eyes of making you think to choose what you want, they live happily and GTFO from town or they drowned and died. One way or another we are all happy with how it was shown. I still think the scenery was the best of all the series in this arc, particularly this episode.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 21, 2010 7:48 PM

Apr 2008
McRib said:
Thank God this is over.

indeed~

Dec 21, 2010 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
Wow....umm wow....kinda speechless right now. This is incest done right, I feel like they approached the topic very well and Kozue with the tears made it amazing. 10/10 for the arc, 9/10 for the whole shebang, enough said.
Dec 21, 2010 8:29 PM

Nov 2010
Maugomale said:
It's quite simple, really: they live in the visual novel, so they live in the anime as well. I'm sure the bunny must have been a studio mistake.

that would be hilarious, one mistake by the studio and quite a few people think the two main characters are dead XD
Dec 21, 2010 9:19 PM
Dec 2008
The twincest was worth watching for.
Dec 21, 2010 9:58 PM

Nov 2008
Well, it´s finally over...
Dec 21, 2010 10:38 PM

Nov 2007
I'm somewhat surprised so many people loved the twincest. worst arc by far to me. just did not feel right at all. at least he thought somewhat rationally. Sora just seemed like a immature little sex crazed girl. perhaps since she had no real contact with other boys. I see no way it could last. his normal feelings for those other girls meant nothing and he really just wanted to fuck his sister? really?

I just don't like it either way. sometimes wincest doesn't really bother me but here the way they presented it, it was supposed to feel wrong and did but for some reason people loved it. would any of you REALLY have done the same thing Haru's situation? I really doubt it.
Dec 22, 2010 1:06 AM

Aug 2009
mystik said:
I'm somewhat surprised so many people loved the twincest. worst arc by far to me. just did not feel right at all. at least he thought somewhat rationally. Sora just seemed like a immature little sex crazed girl. perhaps since she had no real contact with other boys. I see no way it could last. his normal feelings for those other girls meant nothing and he really just wanted to fuck his sister? really?

I just don't like it either way. sometimes wincest doesn't really bother me but here the way they presented it, it was supposed to feel wrong and did but for some reason people loved it. would any of you REALLY have done the same thing Haru's situation? I really doubt it.

I feel the same way. Don't know why so many people like it. If something similar is made into an anime I won't be watching it.
Dec 22, 2010 1:43 AM

Nov 2010

there are two bunnies as you can see, which means they are alive.
desolatoDec 22, 2010 7:55 AM
Dec 22, 2010 1:51 AM

Jun 2010
I honestly LOVE bittersweet endings like this. Having one party happy and the other sadness beyond belief. Gives you that "life is whatever it is and you don't matter but you will live on and remember it" feeling. Love it :D
Dec 22, 2010 2:35 AM

Aug 2010
To be honest I'm unexpectedly torn on this ending. I have been looking forward to the Sora arc the entire series, super stoked for the delicious imouto. But when it really came down to this episode, I kinda had a sinking feeling in my gut.

That being said, this was a pretty awesome ending. They really pulled it off on multiple levels. Even the small doubt of whether they are actually alive still is a great touch I think.

10/10 arc 8/10 series.

P.S. nice train, am i doin it right

EDIT: I also thought the prez's "If all that matters is the feeling, then there's things I want to do too" was pretty funny.
ThillygoothDec 22, 2010 2:42 AM
Dec 22, 2010 2:46 AM

Jul 2010
mkdizz said:
They are at the party themselves. =P

Dec 22, 2010 3:06 AM

Oct 2010
Now that the TV airing is over, All that's left is to wait for the blu-ray DVD episodes, which I hope they'll contain full H-scenes.
Dec 22, 2010 3:15 AM

Jan 2010
mkdizz said:

LOL, I thought of Donnie Darko when I saw that
Dec 22, 2010 3:30 AM

Feb 2010
I like the ending. I'm glad to see that Haru and Sora will be always together and will live happily.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nozomu - Oct 18, 2010

287 by DemhatTks16 »»
Apr 11, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 6, 2010

187 by Obscurantist »»
Apr 7, 12:16 PM

» How can I add hanime in the app (Android)

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 26

12 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 28, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Nov 22, 2010

230 by Rezete_01 »»
Feb 24, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Nov 8, 2010

185 by Obscurantist »»
Feb 20, 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.