Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 18, 2010 6:08 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Woah, Hades is actually...

And Grimoire Law is cool. o:
Dec 18, 2010 6:17 AM
Dec 18, 2010 6:26 AM

Nov 2009
This is the first time in a while where I was VERY surprised by something FT threw at me. Like overall it was a good chapter and all. Then it got to the end, and with Makarov's shocked expression I figured "Grimoire Law" was the attack that killed the 2nd master... But to think the leader of Grimoire Heart, and the very cornerstone of the Balam Alliance is the former master of Fairy Tail? The second I read that, I literally, out loud was like "Whoooooooooaaaa what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck oh my god. -covers mouth in surprise-" LOL
Dec 18, 2010 7:07 AM

Mar 2009
OMG :O This is gonna be a hell of a arc.
Dec 18, 2010 7:20 AM

Nov 2008
is it just me or hades is probably more than 120 years old?
compare to the flash back in the first page and believing he was in his 70-80 at that time
Dec 18, 2010 7:20 AM

May 2009
This is why I love Fairy Tail. It always has something going on.
Dec 18, 2010 7:22 AM

Nov 2008
is it just me or hades has more than 110 years old?
compared to the flashback from the first page and believing he had the age master makarov has now
Dec 18, 2010 7:28 AM

Nov 2007
fffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

ok, Fairy Tail completely outclasses the other 3 big shonen mangas.
It really is hard to envision an escape from this situation. Just like the current situation in Mahou Sensei Negima.

This kinda makes you wonder how important Oracion Seis was to the Balam Alliance.
Grimoire Heart didn't care at all about what OS did with Nirvana so I am guessing out of the three members OS was the weakest.
Dec 18, 2010 7:38 AM
Nov 2010
JoshOfRJNN said:
"Whoooooooooaaaa what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck oh my god. -covers mouth in surprise-" LOL

LOL you took the words right out of my mouth.XD
Dec 18, 2010 7:41 AM
Oct 2009
Oh my ...... what a twist. Moar now!
Dec 18, 2010 7:41 AM

Feb 2008
Um, based on how Makarov knew that Hades is actually 2nd FT Master by the Grimoire Law.. I concluded that it was Hades/ Purehito that invented Fairy Law.

Also, Hades looks like Gildarts.. Could Hades be Gildarts' father?
Dec 18, 2010 7:56 AM

May 2010
SnG said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Woah, Hades is actually...

And Grimoire Law is cool. o:

That is a surprise and yeah i agree grimoire is cool

Dec 18, 2010 8:12 AM
Sep 2007
alexvoda said:
fffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

It really is hard to envision an escape from this situation. Just like the current situation in Mahou Sensei Negima.

This kinda makes you wonder how important Oracion Seis was to the Balam Alliance.
Grimoire Heart didn't care at all about what OS did with Nirvana so I am guessing out of the three members OS was the weakest.

LOL you guys are lame, thanks to the stupid mini-flash back in the beginning the surprise was wasted when I saw the outline of the face. Maybe it out-classes Bleach, and its on par with Naruto, but no way in hell it has anything on One Piece.

We all know the Dragon slayers will all turn op, and the Fairy tale members will get back up some how. I also find the whole old master turning into bad guy, a cheap trick and really hate that as a plot device.
Hi
Dec 18, 2010 8:31 AM

Sep 2010
:OOO
Shocking twist is shocking.
So Makarov is the 3rd... Thought he was 2nd.
Grimoire Law is Awesome!
Dec 18, 2010 8:34 AM

Jun 2010
Definitely wasn't expecting that!! How awesome!!! XD This arc is shaping up to be something special

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Dec 18, 2010 8:39 AM

Sep 2007
LOL you guys are lame, thanks to the stupid mini-flash back in the beginning the surprise was wasted when I saw the outline of the face. Maybe it out-classes Bleach, and its on par with Naruto, but no way in hell it has anything on One Piece.

-----

Lol a purist of One Piece who like the current arc who is really mediocre. XD
From three/four months now, One Piece is the same rank with Naruto and Bleach.
Dec 18, 2010 9:07 AM

Apr 2007
Can we not have a stupid "this series is better than that series" 'discussion'? You should only be discussing the title series Fairy Tail. That is what this thread was created for.

Anyway that was a cool twist at the end, this arc just keeps getting more exciting and interesting. Can't wait for the next chapter~
Dec 18, 2010 9:16 AM

Dec 2009
ShiroiRyu said:

Lol a purist of One Piece who like the current arc who is really mediocre. XD
From three/four months now, One Piece is the same rank with Naruto and Bleach.

MEDIOCRE!? I don't think that you expected anything of what happened, and i laughed so much and enjoyed the manga this 2 months like i never did! i mean... they have a kraken!!! In what kind of anime you see a pirate crew dominating a kraken? xD although fishman island is one of the most creative places i've ever seen not only in anime or manga, but in a story :)

----------------------

Sorry i have to say that >.>, i'm obsessed with one piece...

lol fairy tail manga was awesome!! haha i never expected hades would be a master of fairy tail!! O_oi
Dec 18, 2010 9:16 AM

Apr 2010
Merkul said:
Definitely wasn't expecting that!!

Nice chapter :D This is going to be an great arc.
Dec 18, 2010 9:47 AM

Apr 2009
yeah damn that flashback kinda ruined the twist.. when i saw that panel i though hey this is the same dude that is attacking.. oh well it cant be.. doesnt make sense..

then the last page - Omg he really is that dude from flashbacks..
so it was kinda 30% spoiled..

anyways nice chapter..

guess Makarov will die in this arc
Dec 18, 2010 10:14 AM

Aug 2007
Really an amazing episode!! Fairy law... Gilmore law... I want to know more!!
Dec 18, 2010 10:34 AM

Feb 2009
O.M.G, I can't belive yet, The Second Master Vs The Third Master, WTF.............

Dec 18, 2010 10:43 AM

Sep 2007
eddypc07 said:
MEDIOCRE!? I don't think that you expected anything of what happened, and i laughed so much and enjoyed the manga this 2 months like i never did! i mean... they have a kraken!!! In what kind of anime you see a pirate crew dominating a kraken? xD although fishman island is one of the most creative places i've ever seen not only in anime or manga, but in a story :)

The last chapter of OP was good.
I want to go in Mermaid land too. :p
(But the others ones, i was not pleased. End of the HS ! ^^)
Dec 18, 2010 10:58 AM

Feb 2009
Didn't really pay attention to the 2nd Master's face in the flashback so I was really shocked about Hades being the Master Purehito. The thing I paid attention was Makarov's age and how he looked back then. This increases Makarov's chances to die, as master vs student fights tend to lean more to the master.
So we'll get some fights with fodder first before the fights with the main enemies.
I really wish Gildartz was here or at least Freed and Bixlow. Even if they'll start with fodder, they're at a disadvantage when the fight gets dragged.
How will this all play out.
This arc really surprises me and proves to be really awesome.

inb4 Fai's rant about Bleach being the only one good in Big 3 and stop comparing them to FT.
Dec 18, 2010 12:13 PM

Jul 2007
belatkuro said:
inb4 Fai's rant about Bleach being the only one good in Big 3 and stop comparing them to FT.

1. It makes no sense.
2. What the fuck has bleach or shonen trinity has to do with FT.
3. It makes no fucking sense.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH MY GODS....\

THE the second Hades started casting Grimoire Law, my jaw hit the floor....

the moment Makarov recognised Hades as previous FT master, My jaw started digging towards the earth's core...

While I am already hardened by the awesomeness of twists in tsubasa reservoir chronicle, this was indeed a VERY well executed twist for generic shonen genre.

FT, as always manages to retain its qualities.
Dec 18, 2010 12:34 PM

Aug 2009
why is he evil!?
Dec 18, 2010 12:46 PM

Dec 2009
This arc is really awesome so far ^^

In my opinion, the best and most interesting ongoing manga a.t.m.
yuno6.jpg
Dec 18, 2010 1:07 PM

Apr 2009
yeah the twist is damn awesome..

though lets hope the REASON that he changed will be awesome the same..
Dec 18, 2010 1:08 PM

Nov 2008
A meeting after too many years and in battle, interesting and I wonder why is he in the evil side now.
Dec 18, 2010 1:11 PM

Nov 2007
Haha second Fairy Tail master is evil, maybe FT gets a dark guild in the end XD
Dec 18, 2010 2:32 PM

Feb 2010
Hades is the former FT Master that was a shocker the possibility that FT will loose this fight are really high.
Dec 18, 2010 2:36 PM

Feb 2010
See, this is why I love the arcs that are actually ABOUT the guild the most.

Also, halfway through, was anyone else thinking "It's rainin' men! Hallelujah, It's rainin' men!"?
Dec 18, 2010 3:46 PM
Jun 2009
hades reminds me of rayleigh
Dec 18, 2010 4:02 PM

Mar 2010
smokes said:

Hope no.. but I thought the same.

belatkuro said:
Didn't really pay attention to the 2nd Master's face in the flashback so I was really shocked about Hades being the Master Purehito. The thing I paid attention was Makarov's age and how he looked back then.

Me too ^^ I'm glad I read it fast XD
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Dec 18, 2010 5:54 PM

Feb 2010
-Was wondering with the holdup with the latest Fairy Tail chapter lol. I almost went to the forums and mention "FAIL" at the fact that it wasnt released last week lol :/
Anyways..
-Lol at Natsu complimenting Mest's coat
-O crap...Hades was the previous Fairy Tail leader???? O.O Totally didn't see that coming. Wonder why hes part of a dark guild now..

alexvoda said:

Not completely. But I'm liking Fairy Tail's most recent arc a lot more than what's going in Bleach and Naruto lately (haven't read OP yet)

SnG said:
Also, Hades looks like Gildarts.. Could Hades be Gildarts' father?

o.O That would be another great twist =0

Fai said:
OH MY GODS....

THE the second Hades started casting Grimoire Law, my jaw hit the floor....

the moment Makarov recognised Hades as previous FT master, My jaw started digging towards the earth's core...

While I am already hardened by the awesomeness of twists in tsubasa reservoir chronicle, this was indeed a VERY well executed twist for generic shonen genre.

FT, as always manages to retain its qualities.

I totally went LOL at your comments esp. at the bolded parts
Dec 18, 2010 8:26 PM

Feb 2010
belatkuro said:

Wasn't going to comment on this at first but anyways...enough bashing please.
Yes Fai loves to bash about Naruto and all but it doesn't give you the right to bash about him either esp. if Fai hasn't even started that conversation in this forum conversation. If Fai does do that in some other forum conversation, feel welcome to say stuff to him as long its decent and properly debated.

Not saying that I support Fai's bashing either but enough is enough. Yes there is freedom of speech and all but dont abuse that freedom please....you also need to have some decency and maturity when it comes to what you say. Especially if what you say can cause possible...unnecessary arguments and chaos.
Dec 18, 2010 11:14 PM

Mar 2009
smokes said:

NO YOU LIE!
Dec 19, 2010 1:26 AM

Jun 2008
Arc of time - restore? Why of course, of course. Now we can see the power of Makarov without him doing any actual damage to the ship. :P
- TAH

"Even those with fortitude have joints."
Dec 19, 2010 2:51 AM

Jun 2009
The 2nd Master of FT o.O Never expected that(But something like those surprises should be coming sooner or later..) Lol'ed at Natsu's face when he figured out he was a council member :P Wendy: "Natsu-san, that man's from the council" Natsu: "Nice cout...." hahahha

Dec 19, 2010 3:14 AM

Oct 2009
Ultear, with her powers, is actually a perfect girlfriend for Zeref.
Dec 19, 2010 6:43 AM

Dec 2010
roflshanks said:
hades reminds me of rayleigh

Yeah..abit..xD

Woah, never expect hades to be 2nd master of FT, nice twist by mashima..=) Now FT is in trouble, unless gildartz, bixlow and fried comes back...xD
Dec 19, 2010 7:59 AM

Jan 2009
I don't think Makarov is going to die. Student vs Master always ends with the student winning
Dec 19, 2010 8:17 AM

Jul 2008
Jesuvius said:
I don't think Makarov is going to die. Student vs Master always ends with the student winning

Obi Wan kicked Anakin first time around :3
I'm gonna have to disagree though, it made it seem like they're not so much master and student but more as equals, and by equals I mean Hades is superior.
Dec 19, 2010 9:54 AM

Jun 2008
Ok i have to say a very big :FINALLY A TWIST!
When i saw the flashback at the start i thought that he was going to kill Makarov and that's why he was throwing us a flashback but in the end it was because of who the other guy was.
I was starting to think Mashima was incapable of providing us with one since nothing until now was really awesomely surprising in Fairy Tail. The story really looked mediocre but hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

I guess it's unnecessary to mention that this chapter is awesome, Epic masters, epic abilities and an awesome moving plot twist in the end.
Dec 19, 2010 10:15 AM

Jan 2009
OH TWIST YOU EPIC YOU

But seriously, if Makarov dies, I will rage. (And why is Zeref an emo? I mean, come on? Can't we get one interesting evil dude who's not crying every five minutes? It's probably another ''Boohoo I'm not really evil I'm just born with this evil power boohoo can I join Fairy Tail and be awesome now?''. Urgh. )

So.

Anybody else felt like singing 'It's Raining Men'?

No?
TomatoCakeDec 19, 2010 10:22 AM
Dec 19, 2010 10:29 AM

Feb 2010
good-time said:

Lol how so?

BakaKawaii said:
Jesuvius said:

Obi Wan kicked Anakin first time around :3
I'm gonna have to disagree though, it made it seem like they're not so much master and student but more as equals, and by equals I mean Hades is superior.

@Jesuvius: I personally think plots where the student wins in a master vs. student occur more often...but that's probably just me.
@ BakaKawaii: Yeah. I'm thinking Hades may be superior here too (which is a scary thought because that could mean Makarov might really die). But we'll see =0 Anyways, speaking of Star Wars, I really need to watch the whole series (only watched the first one during class haha)...
Dec 19, 2010 11:37 AM

Jul 2007
sallym613 said:
good-time said:

Lol how so?

Urtear is the ultimate CTRL+Z to Zeref's DELETE.
Dec 19, 2010 12:17 PM

Jan 2009
sallym613 said:
@Jesuvius: I personally think plots where the student wins in a master vs. student occur more often...but that's probably just me.

You either misunderstood or misspoke: I also think the student wins more often. Sort of a "student becoming the master" situation.

But yeah, I don't really see Makarov dying anymore. Hades and Makarov will probably cancel eachother out. Makarov's death would probably make the series much better and more serious.

Fai said:
Urtear is the ultimate CTRL+Z to Zeref's DELETE.

Win :D
Dec 19, 2010 12:19 PM
Sep 2007
No way in hell is Makarov going to die or fairy tale losing, if they do, it will be a miracle LOL. With how Natsu is, all he as to do is believe in himself and he'll get another power up , haha.
Hi
Dec 19, 2010 1:35 PM

Apr 2009
i think we will see LAXUS's father in this arc..

and btw Makarov wont die now.. he didnt had that much development..

i mean at this point i dont even care about him.. we dont have the connection with him yet ( screen time)

so if he dies now it would be like - 'meh, oh well'
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 244 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Jul 22, 2011

69 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 7:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.