Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 1, 2015 1:52 AM
Jul 2018
Liberty stands for freedom
Oh hail the flag that set us free
standing righteous, symbolic of
strength our hopes for freedom to be
My friends, not so far away
Rulers will reunite hand in hand
Oh hail! Liberty bell!
True freedom for all men

Fighting hard for the future
The promise of a better day
For tomorrow we drink from the cup
the wine we fought for today
My friends, let us sing a song
sing along ring a bell, liberty!
Oh hail! Liberty bell!
True freedom for all men

"F" that stands for our freedom
as well the flag that stands so strong
Spirits set free in our future land.
so let us share in this song
My friends, not so far away
Rulers will reunite hand in hand
Oh hail! Liberty bell!
True freedom for all men
Mar 28, 2016 11:49 PM

Mar 2013
"Die Kaiser Reinhard!"

As a Reinhard fan, this kind of irked me a bit. Shouldn't these idiots be focusing on investigating further on the Terraists who killed their beloved leader instead? For the meantime at least?

Anyway, I understand that this might as well be necessary for them to say given that they just announced the establishment of their own republic. Still tho...
Apr 22, 2016 2:07 PM

Jan 2014
In the last few minutes I started crying and ended up laughing. Another great episode.
I have no idea what might happen in the last season, but I also can't wait to find out!
Jun 22, 2016 4:17 PM

Aug 2014
That engrish though xD

Good to see that Katerose is finally warming up to Julian.
Oct 30, 2016 7:36 AM

Jul 2013
LiaNF said:
"Die Kaiser Reinhard!"

As a Reinhard fan, this kind of irked me a bit. Shouldn't these idiots be focusing on investigating further on the Terraists who killed their beloved leader instead? For the meantime at least?

Anyway, I understand that this might as well be necessary for them to say given that they just announced the establishment of their own republic. Still tho...

Whenever I heard that catchphrase I always think "Huh why should he die, YOU die!" especially when the one's shouting it is a nobody lol
Nov 4, 2016 10:40 PM

Nov 2011
I love democracy, I love Yang. But the moment I heard they said "Die, Kaiser Reinhard", I hope they all just die instead..
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jun 28, 2017 2:16 PM
Jun 2015
still mourning the death of yang wenli :'(
Dec 16, 2017 12:36 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Julian and the "redhead" seems more joined!! kekeke
Feb 11, 2018 8:26 PM
Dec 2014
It's just amazing how all seasons end so greatly with epic songs.
Feb 15, 2018 6:39 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
LiaNF said:
"Die Kaiser Reinhard!"

Came here to say this. I'm glad this line also bothers other people. I can't take them seriously, the crowd shouting, "Die Kaiser Reinhard!" It's not because I like Reinhard, but because there's such a lack of respect for the enemy's leader, unlike where many of the Empire's admirals have shown respect towards Yang. Not saying that there weren't people in the Empire who wanted Yang's death, but I can't say that if Reinhard died the same way as Yang, he would be met with the same amount of respect (aside from Julian and perhaps Frederica).

I feel like maybe the reason I've been rooting for Reinhard this whole time is because ever since the beginning, there's been this constant nagging feeling that makes me think the Empire will ultimately lose...since autocracy can only work so well under specific conditions of a leader with good-will (who doesn't lose his sight) and good, talented subordinates. Given that there's still a whole season left, I'm really worried for the Empire.
Feb 25, 2018 4:53 AM

May 2016
The new season will start yes.
May 17, 2018 1:19 AM
Apr 2018
Die Kaiser Reinhard!

F**k yes! That is an epic catchphrase! The blonde brat needs to die next season! I don't get why people hate it and say that relative nobodies can say it. Surely everybody has the right to fight dictatorships? Rosa Parks was a nobody.

The Earth Cult need to die too and now Borris knows where their headquarters are he can keep an eye on them. They are in Job's old building... That doesn't necessarily mean he's still working for them but I imagine they have some dirt on him like was Scientology does when they ask joining members for skeletons in their closets.

Reuental was impressive. So signs of him turning against the Empire haven't started yet. It can only be a matter of time though surely?

So here are the power standings:

1) The Empire. Still on top.
2) New Goverment in August- Die Kaiser Reinhard!
3) Rubinski
4) Earth Cult. Now Borris knows where they hide they may drop down soon.
5) Goldenbalms.

MVP: Was going to say Borris but I got goosebumps when Poplan shouted death to Reinhard!
Nov 4, 2018 2:47 PM
Apr 2018
Haha, Popplan teasing Attenborough was so funny. Dusty has became more serious which I like.

Alright, end of season 3.
Nov 11, 2018 5:19 AM

Feb 2017
An interesting question would be whether Yang's ghost was "real" or not. I guess that's up to each viewer's interpretation.
Apr 3, 2019 8:33 AM
May 2018
What a season, and what a great conclusion to it. This might the best season of LOGH so far, and episode 86 is certainly one of my favorites from the series. Yes, we (both viewers and characters) will all miss Yang, but it was never only about himself (it feels like Iserlohn/Yang's fleet is also one giant character), he lives on in the heart of his friends.

It was great to see Julian growing up and starting to sound more like Yang himself, like for instance in the scene when he's talking to Cazzelnu. The same with Frederica. They certainly are not capable to do most things Yang could do, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, perhaps building their own path is for the best.

Poplan and Attenborough moments never fail to deliver great humor, laughed a lot when they were talking about the name of the new revolutionary gov. Nice seeing Konev and his crew, also, curious to see how they will deal with the terraists.

I got really emotional with the scene of Julian talking to Yang's ghost, it was simply fantastic. And then at the end of the episode I really lost it and cried a lot during the song, absolutely loved it (especially the "engrish").

I'm eager to see how the story will unfold from now on, but I thinking of waiting a little while before start to watch the next season, I just don't want LOGH to ever end. Perhaps I'll even rewatch the prequels for staying hyped.

DIE, KAISER REINHARD!
Nov 17, 2019 5:35 AM
Feb 2019
Me, 1st time I heard the Free Planets Alliance Anthem:
"The Empire one sounds much better than this"

Also me, after Chapter 86:-with my hands up, bettween tears-
"OH HAIL! LIBERTY BELL! TRUE FREEDOM FOR ALL MEN!!!"
"THANKS FOR ALL, YANG, YOU ARE THE MAN WHO MADE THIS HAPPEN (even if you don't wnt to recognize it)"
Nov 17, 2019 5:48 AM
Feb 2019
People I want dead next season:
De Villes
Oskar von Reuental
Job Trunhit
Kaiser Reinhard von Lohengramm
Paul von Oberstein
Adrian Rubinsky
Lang
(anyone from the Iselhorn Rep, please, we had enough with Yang, outside there are morally questionable people enough to be killing the decent ones)-drinks bleach-
Nov 24, 2019 5:45 AM

Oct 2012
I just love Poplan and Attenborough's relationship xD

Lol "New government in August" what a great name xD
"Signature removed"
Jan 3, 2020 3:35 PM

Nov 2016
Very powerful and satisfying episode, albeit definitely bittersweet. Or in other words, perfect wrap up for this season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 5, 2020 4:22 PM

Apr 2016
Great ending to a season than improved more and more.

Hope we'll see more Oberstein in the final season.
May 21, 2020 5:41 PM

Jul 2019

002173 said:
Good way to end the 3rd season. I like the FPA anthem, even though the engrish is hilarious at the same time.

It may be glaringly obvious to everyone, but I was reminded of Frederica giving Yang a drink when he was back on El Facil when Katerose approached Julian and more or less did the same thing. The connection probably doesn't have any meaning, (that I can think of at least) I just noticed it is all.

For a moment I thought she was giving him coffee. That would have been a nice detail, since it happened right after this scene:

But then she reveals it's a bitter mystery drink, reflecting how bitter and feminist she is, huh.

tingy said:
LiaNF said:
"Die Kaiser Reinhard!"

Came here to say this. I'm glad this line also bothers other people. I can't take them seriously, the crowd shouting, "Die Kaiser Reinhard!" It's not because I like Reinhard, but because there's such a lack of respect for the enemy's leader, unlike where many of the Empire's admirals have shown respect towards Yang. Not saying that there weren't people in the Empire who wanted Yang's death, but I can't say that if Reinhard died the same way as Yang, he would be met with the same amount of respect (aside from Julian and perhaps Frederica).

Don't be silly, Reinhard's still the biggest threat to democracy in the universe, it doesn't matter how "respectful" he seems to be. Besides, the newly formed Iserlohn Republic needs him as a tangible enemy, a vague threat from that silly Jewish sect is not enough (now that would have been unPC).
Sep 13, 2020 8:54 PM
May 2016
3rd season is ending... Looking forward for what comming next. I still wondering when Merkatz an co will change uniforms they are not for the empire anymore!!
Dec 25, 2020 9:42 PM
Jun 2017
It was surprising to see De Villier arriving to Truniht's mansion. Now that I think about it, wasn't that Terran phrase found inside one of the paramilitaries's helmets some time ago?

Also, wasn't Marinesk dead? I thought he died on Earth.

It was cute to see Katerose becoming a fully fledged tsundere. My, my, is she growing some liking for Julian now?

So as Schenkopp (and I) predicted, the Republic of Iserlohn was stablished. It really was a powerful moment when they sang the former FPA's anthem, as they were signifying the rebirth of democracy.

It was a good way to end the season. Reinhard's power is at an all time high, though I've noticed a trend in every season finale: his solitude. At each ending of the season, he only comes out even more powerful than he was at the start of it (Prime Minister, Kaiser of the Galactic Empire, Kaiser of the Neue Reich and thus of the whole galaxy) but he is always alone in his seat of power.

At the end of season one, he was appointed as the Imperial Prime Minister, but he had lost his dearest friend, Siegfried Kircheis, leaving him with no close personal relationships, and being a foreign character in the Ancién Regime, he was alone in his seat of power.
At the end of season two, he was crowned as the Kaiser of the Galactic Empire, which left him, for the nature of autocracy itself, alone again.
Now, at the end of season three, he is the Kaiser of the Neue Reith and ruler of the entire galaxy, the ruler of almost all of humanity, but he is alone again in the field of war. Yang Wenli is dead, and so there is no one who can oppose him in terms of strategic planning (at least when it comes to military affairs).
I wonder if, at the end of season four, he could be experiencing the most absolute solitude anyone can experience: death, for one always dies alone.
Dec 29, 2020 5:33 AM
Feb 2018
I love Attenborough and Poplan so much, perfect duo. To see Fredrica and Julian acting strong was great and it's going to be interesting to see what their Iserlohn Republic Government will accomplish in the next 24 episodes. And oh my god, that ending with the tribute to yang with all of them singing the new iserlohn republic anthem, breaks my heart and to see Fredrica shed tears at the end was so wholesome. What a season. 9/10.
Feb 6, 2021 8:08 AM

Oct 2016
Despite some ups and downs this season truly is peak fiction.
Mar 7, 2021 3:52 AM

Oct 2015
What I was fan of : Julian and Fredrica trying to cope up with their new responsibilities.

What I was not fan of : "Die Kaiser" slogans and FPA Anthem outta nowhere. Also not focusing on the Terraist.
Jun 14, 2021 1:32 PM

Nov 2018
Just finished my 20th episode in a row today , but I still feel like I lot of interesting is coming next
I hate everyone equally
Jun 14, 2021 1:36 PM

Nov 2018
To be honest I only care about characters from empire side right now , Julian is not that interesting by himself + that manly girl just seems like a love interest for Julian , hope her character gets some development. LOTGH has enough strong woman , but they weren't as primitive.

ZevvenJun 14, 2021 1:40 PM
I hate everyone equally
Jul 26, 2021 3:50 PM
Jun 2020
First two seasons were a 10/10 for me, but the third season was a letdown.

The recapture of Iserlohn was the main problem for me. It was so forced by the plot. Plot armor for the Rosenritter was already annoying, but I hated how easily Julian and the others defeated the Imperial soldiers. It is typical Hollywood bullshit.

Generally, this season felt more like Star Wars. This is because the series has lost its main premise: A conflict between two even sides. This is completely gone now. The Iserlohn Republic is just like the rebels in Star Wars. And they constantly win through the stupidity of the imperial forces. It is ridiculous that these rebels seemingly know more about Iserlohn than the Empire which occupied the fortress for decades.

I cant stand Yang and his crew. All arrogant, cocky hypocrites who deserve to die a horrible death. Some of them like the idiotic Poplan are also extremely flat and edgy like typical Hollywood action characters.

Nov 25, 2021 3:52 AM

Jul 2016
Rayl1ght said:
I just love Poplan and Attenborough's relationship xD

Lol "New government in August" what a great name xD

The time for these boys to have their own show is now!
Jun 20, 2022 6:25 PM

Dec 2007
like other mentioned, i really felt unease with the iserlohn new government saying "die reinhard". not only because it's disrespect the man, which in turn so respected yang. but the fact that if reinhard would truly die, the universe of their world wouldn't be so democracy, but will fall to chaos. i remember yang saying it once.

the question to why truniht wasn't ashamed for return to heinsein? terraist. but, didn't he betrayed them at the start of season 3? that would probably remain mystery. he's seriously psychopath man.

season 3 felt really big compare to the first 2, it was long ride. starts from yang deserting the FPA, the empire conquering heinsein. and then long expedition to fight yang.
plot amount size this season was the biggest if not the heaviest.
with 2 or even 4 episodes per day this season alone felt like watching series of short films. the length of the episode to increase helped this matter as well.
Jul 28, 2022 12:52 PM
Jun 2022
What a beautiful ending to the best season of this show.

I will only say that I’m grateful for starting this series over a month ago.

We’re heading to endgame territory. Excited to see how it all ends.

“OH HAIL LIBERTY BELL TRUE FREEDOM FOR ALL MEN”

You’ll never be forgotten, Yang Wenli.
Dec 14, 2022 1:08 PM

May 2018
I'm sure Julian will become the next Yang within 10 episodes
Jan 31, 2023 6:25 AM

Aug 2018
Really great episode, specially the ending. Whole declaration process and Poplan singing and showing his patriotism without hesitation along with Julian just made this special.

Yang's portrait is really simbolic yet great sign of respect that unfortunately Yang himself 200% wouldn't want.

The fact that Merkatz sang truly shows he completely transfered to the other side, no nobles, no Reinhard he is a complete FPA member
Mar 11, 2023 3:48 AM

Jul 2017
I LOVED the ending with the song, started as a joke and became one of the most powerful moments of the serie.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Aug 2, 2023 1:34 PM

Feb 2012
2023 Rewatch

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 18, 2023 9:05 AM
Aug 2022
If you ask me, the final scene that showed the founding of the new Iserlohn Republic did a far better job of depicting what The Last Jedi tried to do when Leia says "We have everything we need."

While I liked the idea behind the song at the end, I found it kind of strange that despite being supposedly being a brand new entity, that the Iserlohn Republicans decided to co-opt the Alliance anthem. I feel that it would have been much more fitting if they composed their own national anthem to help better establish the New Republic's self identity. That this new state won't be a mere rehash of the Alliance along with its numerous recent failures, that it will do a better job at defending the principles of "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity."
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.