Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 7, 2012 10:56 PM

Jun 2012
Why did Toma hug Index’s waist to measure it? How does that make sense? And he got beat up only because Mikoto was jealous, what’s up with that? Not fair at all.

Lmao at Stiyl and the loli teacher. I think that they would make a good couple, they both smoke and Stiyl likes loli (Index). Am I right about them being a good couple or what?

Also, poor Himegami… with all that blood she lost, you would think she would be dead almost instantly, if they are going to end up saving her, they shouldn’t have over exaggerated on the amount of blood she lost. It seems less realistic that way.
Never go full retard
Jan 19, 2013 11:14 PM

Apr 2012
Stiyl may not care about secondhand smoke but at least he takes the cigarette out of his mouth when performing first aid on a girl who appears to have lost all of her blood.
Feb 2, 2013 7:58 AM

May 2012
Oh boy Himegami that's some horrible mistake she made... But yea these episodes are quite amusing to watching :D
Mar 23, 2013 6:38 AM

Sep 2012
Himegami!! >_<
Damn you Oriana...
Jul 13, 2013 6:34 AM
Jul 2013
Random leg-spreading in the fight between Tsuchimikado and Oriana =.="

..and, HOLY SHIT Himegami exploded like a blood-filled ballon o.O
Aug 4, 2013 5:59 PM

Jan 2013
EternalDreamer said:
Blackbird said:
Yeah too much blood spashing a normal person would die while losing so much blood.
Indeed the amount of blood on the ground would most likely be all the blood in her.. Since a full grown adult got about 4-5 liters of blood and she's a young growing girl^^
And the average human can survive losing about 40% of their blood, any more and it's certain death unless you get immediate medical assistance and a transfusion.

So yes she is dead as a stone^^

And the only thing that would get her back up is a resurrection spell =P

Any way, the best part of this episode was when Stiyl kept taunting Komoe with the cigarettes, hilarious (^.^)

isnt komoe a chain-smoker her own self? why is she suddenly interested in second hand smoke?
Aug 15, 2013 5:53 AM

May 2013
Hinegami just exploded!
Oct 4, 2013 7:25 PM

Feb 2013
Do you think they had to make the damage done to Hinegami extra terrible because Oriana is so sexy it's hard to hate her?

Or is that just me?
Nov 16, 2013 11:16 PM

Dec 2010
What an epic and dramatic episode, I'm gonna explode! It's like the best episode/arc ever. The OST was awesome as well, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan I love this show!
Jan 21, 2014 10:48 PM
Jan 2014
Touma's impulsiveness is actually starting to bother me a little bit now. Constantly excessive and constantly ignorant of the limitations of his own abilities. Oh well, that's just how his character is I suppose.
Jan 21, 2014 10:51 PM

Jan 2014
Kadouzeki said:
Touma's impulsiveness is actually starting to bother me a little bit now. Constantly excessive and constantly ignorant of the limitations of his own abilities. Oh well, that's just how his character is I suppose.
this is the main problem with the series right before touma being really boring in the first place.
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Mar 4, 2014 9:44 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Didn't Touma's Imagine Breaker release that Dragon when his hand was cut off back in season 1 of Index?
I do hope Touma can get some offense into his hand because he seems more like a counter attack person. Block and attack when given the chance.

NO!!! My Himegami got hurt by Oriana. Touma better leave a beating on her for the sake or Oriana.

Mar 5, 2014 1:37 AM

Aug 2009
SweetKotomi said:
Didn't Touma's Imagine Breaker release that Dragon when his hand was cut off back in season 1 of Index?
I do hope Touma can get some offense into his hand because he seems more like a counter attack person. Block and attack when given the chance.

That is the problem.....
Jun 26, 2014 4:35 PM

Jan 2013
SweetKotomi said:

NO!!! My Himegami got hurt by Oriana. Touma better leave a beating on her for the sake or Oriana.
Lol no.. that was not his work. It was the other guys imagination that created that dragon. And his hand was not cut off it was just Touma's mind that thought that it was cut off. How to say it... That guy just made illusions from which people died from like heart attacks or truly believing what they felt. In reality nothing really changed. If it would have been real then that guy could have owned the world already... considering what the power of creation can be.

Good ep, sad tho' for Himegami but happy that the teacher remembered how to help her out!
Jun 26, 2014 10:32 PM

Aug 2009
ao_no_exo said:
SweetKotomi said:

Lol no.. that was not his work. It was the other guys imagination that created that dragon. And his hand was not cut off it was just Touma's mind that thought that it was cut off. How to say it... That guy just made illusions from which people died from like heart attacks or truly believing what they felt. In reality nothing really changed. If it would have been real then that guy could have owned the world already... considering what the power of creation can be.

Good ep, sad tho' for Himegami but happy that the teacher remembered how to help her out!
Em no it was his own work(more like it happened on its own).Easy to misunderstand since the anime cut the details.

His hand WAS cut off.The opposite wasnt even implied, not to mention that what Izzard was creating wasnt illusions but reality(note that, he isnt able to alter natural laws).
His power is as strong as his belief/concentration.Ruling the world would need concentration he isnt capable of, since even for killing one person he has to stab himself with the needles.
Jun 27, 2014 2:21 AM

Jan 2013
ssjokg said:
Em no it was his own work(more like it happened on its own).Easy to misunderstand since the anime cut the details.

His hand WAS cut off.The opposite wasnt even implied, not to mention that what Izzard was creating wasnt illusions but reality(note that, he isnt able to alter natural laws).
His power is as strong as his belief/concentration.Ruling the world would need concentration he isnt capable of, since even for killing one person he has to stab himself with the needles.
Did you see the series more recently? I've seen Index 1 between the 8th and 20th of December last year. And since then I saw so many anime that had a little something similar to Index that it blows my mind when I remember that all that stuff is Index and not something else.. Anyways as of the ep with him having a cut hand. I forgot some things, Izzard he couldn't use ars magna to save Index because he didn't believe that she could be saved right? Also didn't Touma say something like: "your power does not distort reality with your words but a power that turns your thoughts into reality" So doesn't that mean that it was Izzard's thoughts that turned into reality making his arm look like a dragon or whatever it was. And yeah I forgot that it was actually reality as I read your reply I remembered Touma in the bed with the doctor beside him talking about some miracles that he was able to stitch his arm back.
That guy's power if it would have been Touma's he could have changed the world xD.

As of your spoiler text.. *checks if ssjokg finished To Aru series* ah eh ih uh... okay. Got it. But isn't my way of thoughts more logical at this point in the anime?
Spoiler![spoiler]There was nothing that implied that it was his own power, except for what you said and considering you finished the anime and by your words the manga too. I can't say anything until I see it:
"Em no it was his own work(more like it happened on its own).Easy to misunderstand since the anime cut the details.
Jun 27, 2014 4:49 AM

Aug 2009
I watched it around the time I joined the site, so it was near the end of 2009.But the scene is very important for future novels and the arc is being discussed a lot since it is one of the two appearances of

The other appearance in that form is in the Railgun manga

As for the details from the novel that were omitted, after Styil leaves the hospital room:"Kamijou Touma had a realistic experience as he remembered a doubt he had left on the battlefield.
The King Dragon’s head had emerged from the severed right arm.
It was supposed to be a monster created by Aureolus’ fear of Kamijou. That was the logical analysis. But, in that situation, had Aureolus Izzard truly imagined that there was a transparent King Dragon’s head living exploding out of Kamijou’s right shoulder?
The likelihood was low but what if, just what if, that monster was unrelated to Aureolus’ powers?
Impossible.
However, Kamijou remembered Himegami Aisa, the Deep Blood, who had a power only effective on vampires. Considering that her power capable of killing vampires had caused so many incidents to revolve around her, how valuable was Imagine Breaker, Kamijou’s right hand, that negated even miracles?
In essence the basic question: What is Imagine Breaker?"

As for the hand, there is a subtle meaning in Heaven Canceller's words that even LN readers understand only when we finish the first Index series of the novels.
In other words he didnt do anything to fix it.

That is why I stated that it was easy to misunderstand and didnt rage about your "mistake" like another user does in another thread.

BTW here "That guy's power if it would have been Touma's he could have changed the world xD." you mean Touma having Heaven Canceller's powers or Izzard's?
Jun 30, 2014 8:45 AM

Jan 2013
Sorry for late reply, I was away for the weekend. And did not have time to reply when I saw your comment then.
Ahh I see... That was a long time ago :P. Hmm so it is indeed his power but it did not feel like that so far, (I'm at Index 2 ep 18 or so. So I still have Railgun S and all the stuff in between). But no where in the anime says anything about what his power actually is, nor does it ever relate to that dragon head.

Oh wow.. well just like the quote says: "a monster created by Aureolus’ fear of Kamijou." this is all that those who only saw the anime will think. As that quote was not in the anime.. (I think). I wouldn't have even replied to you if I would have remembered seeing that anywhere.

Basically what SweetKotomi seemed to be knowing and others who read the manga is that it's the difference between the anime and the manga. There was no way for me to know that if I did not read it.

And lol yeah, Izzard's power. Touma being main character and having that personality he has he could believe the moon is made of cheese and so it would be with that power xD.
Jun 30, 2014 9:43 AM

Aug 2009
ao_no_exo said:
Sorry for late reply, I was away for the weekend. And did not have time to reply when I saw your comment then.
Ahh I see... That was a long time ago :P. Hmm so it is indeed his power but it did not feel like that so far, (I'm at Index 2 ep 18 or so. So I still have Railgun S and all the stuff in between). But no where in the anime says anything about what his power actually is, nor does it ever relate to that dragon head.

Oh wow.. well just like the quote says: "a monster created by Aureolus’ fear of Kamijou." this is all that those who only saw the anime will think. As that quote was not in the anime.. (I think). I wouldn't have even replied to you if I would have remembered seeing that anywhere.

Basically what SweetKotomi seemed to be knowing and others who read the manga is that it's the difference between the anime and the manga. There was no way for me to know that if I did not read it.

And lol yeah, Izzard's power. Touma being main character and having that personality he has he could believe the moon is made of cheese and so it would be with that power xD.

That power doesnt appear again in the anime adaptations again(counting Railgun). Depending on how they will adapt the rest of the novels it will be either in a very rushed season 3 or at the end of season 4.

Most info about it(both the dragon head and Imagine Breaker) are in the sequel LN, Toaru Majutsu no Index: New Testament, so it will be a LONG time till you see it, if it EVER gets animated.

No it wasnt in the anime.Well that wont hurt the sequels that much,I mean the directors didnt give a fuck about messing the timelines and other stuff in Railgun so it wont be a big problem.

I think it was just a guess on SweetKotomi's part since he doesnt have Index in his manga list.Also note that the manga totally skipped this arc and the one with Angel Fall.

Although he wouldnt be able to do anything cause of Imagine Breaker.
Jun 30, 2014 2:56 PM

Jan 2013
@ssjokg: Ah I see, quite sad to hear that there might not even be a new season. I hope though that there will be. I want more ♥♥♥Misaka blushes♥♥♥ lol.. And I was hoping we (anime viewers) find something out about his powers or that he is lvl 5 something xD.

I can't say much about time lines considering I didn't read it. And it did not feel odd watching Railgun and remembering the points where Misaka meets Touma fitting with Index's points of storyline.

Hmm who knows xD, just he knows that xD. @Kotomi.

Oh no he either would not have Imagine Breaker or he would have to have a twist that makes him seal that imagine breaker.
Going to continue on Toaru now :D.
Jun 30, 2014 3:26 PM

Aug 2009
ao_no_exo said:
@ssjokg: Ah I see, quite sad to hear that there might not even be a new season. I hope though that there will be. I want more ♥♥♥Misaka blushes♥♥♥ lol.. And I was hoping we (anime viewers) find something out about his powers or that he is lvl 5 something xD.

I can't say much about time lines considering I didn't read it. And it did not feel odd watching Railgun and remembering the points where Misaka meets Touma fitting with Index's points of storyline.

Hmm who knows xD, just he knows that xD. @Kotomi.

Oh no he either would not have Imagine Breaker or he would have to have a twist that makes him seal that imagine breaker.

There are 10 announcements about Index.Starting since last April 4 out of 10 were released.So far nothing regarding a new season of either Railgun or Index but as fans we can still hope.

Some screw ups are really bothersome for Raildex fans.Like in season 1 of Railgun,I think it was ep 7 or 8, when Misaka causes a black out in the city while fighting a woman, that was supposed to be the fist scene in Index when she fights with Touma in the bridge...well anyway..

But Imagine Breaker is the seal :/

And well considering the powers some of his future enemies have, Imagine Breaker works better.
ssjokgJun 30, 2014 3:30 PM
Aug 24, 2014 9:40 AM

Dec 2013
Talking in a restaurant when their tables are 5 meters apart. Pretty weird lol.
Kuroko thinking Index is pregnant - golden XD
Aug 30, 2014 9:42 PM

May 2014
Okay, why the f*ck is Touma hugging Index's waist over a comment like that? WOW, that's just..... such an idiot... Didn't think he was this clueless to not think that would be weird in public.

That was a lot of blood from Himegami at the end. =/ Looks critical.
Sep 2, 2014 7:56 PM

Jul 2014
HIMEGAMI!!!!!!
but that punch by misaka tho........
Dec 31, 2014 1:32 PM

Aug 2013
Shit, that was one violent spell. With that much blood, shouldn't she have died? That was a shit load of blood...

Hide and seek game continue with Oriana on the lose. Fuck man, she owned Tsuchimikado so easily. Shouldn't have announced his name. On the other hand, he pulled out a pretty effective bluff with Kanzaki.

Also, come on Touma, I know your hand makes you unlucky, but really, now he's just looking for it x)
Now Misaki will believe he's a lolicon! (or is he?)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 19, 2016 5:09 AM

Mar 2014
Index is having some self-effacing development . Touma measuring her tho ~ .
Good to see old characters gets to group up once in a while ~ !!
Tsuchimikado is such an extremist . But rest assured, he won't be out for long .
Bloodshed . Hang on , Himegami-chan !! Good thing , They remembered it .
Very great episode !!! Touma will avenge !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2016 6:10 PM

Mar 2015
Holy!!! Index is pregnant, LOL. jk...

The brutality at the end. there is no way that Aisa will survive that.

4.5/5
Mar 28, 2016 9:49 PM

Mar 2015
Himegami feels wasted as a character, but thankfully this episode made her somewhat important. I love the blood on her, she popped like a balloon.

I might be a sadist, but at anime like these, I would love to see characters filled in blood just so that Touma will get so mad that he breaks.

Index pregnant and Misaka jealous is priceless. What the hell is Touma doing anyway?

Jan 20, 2017 1:34 AM

Dec 2013
I really like Tsuchimikado. I'm happy he is getting more screen time lately.

Poor Himegawa. That was surprisingly bloody!
Jun 16, 2017 2:04 PM

Mar 2013
Why was Oriana spreading her legs during the fight? XD
And Tsuchimikado was pumping it XD

And poor Himegami... that much of blood would result death on the spot ._.
Nov 11, 2017 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
It's nice that in the narrative there are a few characters, without losing the narrative line. I hope Himegami does not vanish completely, but stay in the background. The chase is lasting a bit too much, I would not want it to last all season, LOL! Funny Mikoto's mother when she pulls out everything she needs to eat. XD
Jan 5, 2018 3:07 AM

Apr 2013
That was such a stupid thing to do from Oriana, attacking like that doesn't do her any good at all. The fight against Tsuchimikado was nice though, it's funny how she teases her opponents all the time.
Nov 23, 2018 6:05 AM

Dec 2014
poor himegami being dragged like this ... hmm
Feb 9, 2019 11:52 AM

Dec 2014
Good lord Oriana why are you so hot

Even so I can't forgive you for what you did the Himegami.
Mar 11, 2019 2:13 PM

Aug 2017
Oriana attacking Himegami was brutal lol.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 30, 2020 7:43 AM

Jan 2020
Where is Accelerator? I need more Accelerator
May 29, 2020 10:11 AM

Aug 2018
Well.. At least Misaka has genetics of her mom.. Maybe she'll grow more chest later, who knows..
Touma, you worry that Index can get fat?.. Oh come on, look at her slender figure..
lol, checking the baby, Kuroko says.. ;D
Hm?.. Isn't that dark skinned mage a villain from before?.. Guess, she got work after that?.. Well, maybe it even was said before, I just don't remember..
Magnus, please don't bully Komoe sensei.. ;D
I'd wish for more screen time for Himegami, to be honest..
It's especially strange that only 3 people deal with this thing, and one of them has trauma, which makes it painful for him to use magic.. Bigger company would help, really..
Damn, so much blood.. This season really enjoys hurting people sometimes..
Nov 24, 2020 5:58 AM

Jan 2017
Oriana's truly a fanservice character, even her moves during the battle against Tsuchimikado the battle was so suggestive lmao

Tsuchimikado's truly a lie master to bluff that Kanzaki's coming to scare off Oriana though, poor Himegami's becoming a victim of Oriana's nervousness

On to the final part of the chase!
Jan 22, 2021 7:22 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Touma's dad just always checking out other ladies is just hilarious man. I hope index's biting touma's face off phase is over, spare the man some pain already. He's already in the hospital half the time. Now I don't know how old that balloon kid is but hot tall blonde chick with huge knockers bends over to hand him his balloon and he just runs away, happy with his balloon. Potential, thot, slayer?? I do miss her working outfit though, what is she now, some indian dancer? Unbuckled belt was a major turn on oooohh man I'm horny please stop me. "MY IS SHE PREGNANT" AAHH THAT KILLED ME srsly though what's up with touma why'd he decide to go all player of all sudden? Such misfortune. No actually what's he doing just randomly hugging index like that LOL. And aw yeah 14 year old goth edgelord who looks like he's a middle aged man finally got told about his smoking! And by our loli sensei at that as well... alright then. Looked like a 30 year old fooling around with a 5 year old, but it's a 14 year old playing with a, 40 year old- or however old that loli teacher is. Anime just makes SENSE sometimes doesn't it. Motoharu grabbing some thighs though hot damn it's too steamy in here take it easy. Like actually in the entire raildex universe I don't think they've been this horny. Like bro yeah clothing can become slightly transparent when they get wet in anime, but here they become actual glass. That blood though, was a lot, don't think she has any left in her. I like how she just let her pom poms just soak there in the pool of blood. Looks like touma is a fan of STRIKE THE BLOOD amirite hahaha... sigh. Anyway, more of a boring episode this time around, just like a lot of these magic church based arcs. And is it just me or do we not have an op or ed for index II....??

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 16, 2022 5:28 AM
Oct 2019
Explosion Blood... Himegami Noooo
Oct 27, 2022 6:57 PM

Dec 2020
I liked how we saw a whole bunch of characters from previous eps this episode.
But bruh she literally exploded lol
Jan 14, 2023 12:28 PM

Jan 2021
Harem moments again.
Leg spread fan service.
Loli sensei meme moment.
Blood splash.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Nov 11, 2023 4:44 PM
May 2020
that was a real blood bath
Nov 28, 2023 1:42 PM

Nov 2023
Touma's mother! Wowzers.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2010

251 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 29, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

236 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.