3It was OK
14.8%
2Disliked it
9.2%
1Hated it
9.8%
Average 3.8
650 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 16, 2010 9:40 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now, all that's missing would be what we get in DaiDenYuDen.
Come on, give us a second season already Zexcs, please? Pretty please?
I mean, this is were the really fun stuff begins after all.
Seriously, NOW, do want. Second season. OOOOAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHH

>LOLH's score = 8.11
Inb4 rating goes to 10, okay?

P.S. Ferris' new clothes~ <3

Edit: I remember the discussion a while back about how many spells Ryner could use, so I'm taking the time to count all spells ever used in the series as I get the BD's.
Up until ep 8, there have been 10 14 different spells. (Minus the Estabul spells, i.e. "I offer up this contract..." ~etc. Now including the Estabul spells)
Just sayin'.
OosranFeb 9, 2011 6:15 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 16, 2010 9:52 AM

Jul 2009
where to watch?
Dec 16, 2010 9:52 AM

Aug 2009
This episode had some superb animation. It's like Zexcs used half their budget on this episode.
The ending was somewhat lame though. We need a second season, like, now.
There was also a commercial for the light novel DaiDenYuDen when the episode was on break. It's like Zexcs is saying "There won't be a second season. Buy the novel.". ;_;

But it was a highly entertaining episode. Sion delusions were freaking me out though. And he didn't kill Ryner. What's up with that?! Make up your goddamn mind! First he was like "RYNER HAS TO LIVE" then he was like "THAT GUY'S GOT TO DIE" and then he was like "NO, NEVER MIND, LET HIM LIVE" and then he was like "I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL HIM". Now he had to change the slit his throat and he was all like "N-No! I shouldn't do this!" after talking with himself once again.
He's so tsundere for Ryner.

8/10 overall for this show.
Dec 16, 2010 10:00 AM

Feb 2009
Oosran said:

>LOLH's score = 8.11

So it wasn't only me? lol
Atleast it's nearer to the score it deserves
Dec 16, 2010 12:56 PM

Dec 2007
I wanna see more :/

and I'm glad that Shion ddin't kill Ryner ^^
Dec 16, 2010 1:09 PM

Feb 2010
Well, they managed to fit quite a bit on the last episode. It completely finished the original DenYuDen novels, but they could have maybe split the chapter in two. One second Ryner was captured, and the next one was already rescued XD

Highlighted image for epic creepyness:

Really gives a sense of a hidden third faction (well, they really are).
Ku ku ku~
Dec 16, 2010 1:34 PM
Jun 2008
fuck,its damn sad when something is so good yet its finished.
Its even worse that they adapt some small part of Dai denyuden and some part that even not can be found in the LN(Lucile talking to Ryner's mom).Zexcs is such a bad man, making people wanted to watch second season so much.Now I have to wait for the 2nd season. Its great ^^

This is the only on-going Anime that I would really really want a second season =(

10/10 for this show along with my favorite Katanagatari 10/10 ...this is all I got this year,and now all I left is Oreimouto and Ikamusume but this two Anime is finishing as well. i am screwed right now =(
MorningGloryDec 16, 2010 1:44 PM
Dec 16, 2010 2:13 PM

Aug 2009
holy crap the rating went way up.
Dec 16, 2010 3:15 PM

Sep 2009
Epic show is epic...what can I say...the animation was brilliant.

well just pray the dai novel get's completed quickly, else we're looking at 2-3 years before we get season 2 for this legendary show
Dec 16, 2010 3:25 PM

Nov 2007
Wow! just wow! For the series. 10/10 and like I said, it was the best show that started last season. The finale was such grand and I would say it will be a complete waste if they dont make a sequel to such a great story! Well I am wrong, since they ARE going to make a sequel anyways, read more to realize.

Animation level of 9001. +1

With Tiir appearing with all the cursed eye bearers as a separate fraction. +1

Callaud group fighting in the background and everyone getting involved in war. +1

Kiefer appearing to give Ryner and Ferris a clear escape. +10

Sion failing his role and falling for friendship by not killing Ryner. +100

Ryner x Ferris moment as she cried in his arms. +1000

A season 2 in the making. The anime didn't show the final bit of the trailer where Sion says "There is no place left for you to run, Ryner!" giving away essentially the idea that it will definitely be in the sequel! Dai DenYuuDen should come earlier than later! Cannot wait!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 16, 2010 5:10 PM

Apr 2010
"It's not the time yet"? Worst excuse for not killing someone, ever.

How did the rating go up after this? It's going to be known as The Legend of Legendary Crap unless they make a sequel that isn't a cheesefest like this one -_-;
Dec 16, 2010 5:53 PM

Aug 2008
8th_Sin said:
How did the rating go up after this?
Obviously because the anime was set as Finished airing, discounting votes from people who haven't seen at least 1/5 of the anime.

As for a second season, I'm not sure... The TV ratings were terrible even for late night animes, and the DVD sales weren't much better. But if they're willing to lose money, go for it.

For my rating, I can't give this show more than a high 7. It was epic at times, but it was also lacking many things. The method of storytelling wasn't too good, some parts of the story were rushed while other parts focused too much on insignificant characters, and I was never a fan of the colour pallet and animation style (even after I stopped watching Funi rips, which were even worse...). It was a good anime, but could have been much better.
Dec 16, 2010 5:58 PM

May 2010
They better improve on season two
ConfuciusDec 19, 2010 7:29 PM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 16, 2010 8:17 PM

Sep 2010
Can't wait for the nex season >.< faster!!!!! :D

10/10 for this anime!!!
Dec 16, 2010 9:02 PM
Jun 2008
ohh,.... >.>"

Ryner=Uke ; Sion=Seme
MorningGloryDec 17, 2010 3:09 AM
Dec 16, 2010 9:20 PM
Jan 2010
I really hate open endings.
Dec 16, 2010 9:45 PM

Feb 2009
shanimebib said:
Wow! just wow! For the series. 10/10 and like I said, it was the best show that started last season. The finale was such grand and I would say it will be a complete waste if they dont make a sequel to such a great story! Well I am wrong, since they ARE going to make a sequel anyways, read more to realize.

Animation level of 9001. +1

With Tiir appearing with all the cursed eye bearers as a separate fraction. +1

Callaud group fighting in the background and everyone getting involved in war. +1

Kiefer appearing to give Ryner and Ferris a clear escape. +10

Sion failing his role and falling for friendship by not killing Ryner. +100

Ryner x Ferris moment as she cried in his arms. +1000

A season 2 in the making. The anime didn't show the final bit of the trailer where Sion says "There is no place left for you to run, Ryner!" giving away essentially the idea that it will definitely be in the sequel! Dai DenYuuDen should come earlier than later! Cannot wait!

Well the BD sales need to go up if there is any chance of second season. It seems like the author says to read the novels if we want to know what happens next, and buy the BD if we want to see it animated.

Anyway, I was reading 2chan thread of this show after the last episode was aired, and it looks like they were raging for a second season too. Some of them(including me) were expecting an announcement at the end of final episode. Also, seems like Densetsu ranked 9th in last month's newtype poll. So there are many signs pointing toward a second season

Not to mention the novel sales have increased after the anime(reaching 4 mil last month) so another studio might pick up the sequel.
ninjapintuDec 16, 2010 10:15 PM
Dec 17, 2010 3:13 AM

Apr 2008
Had to say I loved it and I believe strongly in a second season. There are open endings and there are WAY TOO OPEN endings. The second variety promotes the chance of a second season a lot. 10/10 easily
Dec 17, 2010 3:42 AM

Sep 2007
That was a good anime ...
Really good ... But for the BD sale and audition ... They are not that bad no ?
Dec 17, 2010 5:09 AM

Sep 2009
ShiroiRyu said:
But for the BD sale and audition ... They are not that bad no ?

last time I checked, the BD's only sold 1500 copies...and that was last month.
Dec 17, 2010 6:01 AM

Dec 2010
wow.. i hate open endings if theres no second season :(

IF there will be no second season is there a website were i can read the novels? i mean those who play after the first anime season?
Dec 17, 2010 6:11 AM

Sep 2007
Inarius said:

And it's that bad ?
Sora no Otoshimono if i remember was like 4000-8000.
That a real good sale but 1500 is more normal non ?
Dec 17, 2010 6:31 AM

Aug 2009
ShiroiRyu said:
Inarius said:

And it's that bad ?
Sora no Otoshimono if i remember was like 4000-8000.
That a real good sale but 1500 is more normal non ?

An anime is considered a success when it's sold 6000+ copies. Sora no Otoshimono and other anime that got a sequel usually have great DVD/BD sales.
Well, that didn't count for Mitsudomoe. Around 1000 copies and it still got a second season, haha.

Anyway, production studios only want money. They don't give a rat's ass about the fans.
Dec 17, 2010 7:26 AM

Feb 2010
Oosran said:

second this &
Oosran said:
>LOLH's score = 8.11

this.

AMG EPISODE 24 I AM EXCITE
oifxae.jpg
Dec 17, 2010 7:46 AM

Jan 2010
This anime ended quickly.. I was waiting very good than..

Dec 17, 2010 11:12 AM

Jul 2010
big open ending...made my rating go from a 10 to a 9 lol but still, it was a great ride. I would rewatch it sometime in the future.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Dec 17, 2010 12:00 PM
Sep 2007
Ending wasnt so good. I wanna see more. Hope they come up new season or ova. Other way it was really interesting, but this last episode wasnt so good for me.
Dec 17, 2010 12:04 PM
Jan 2009
This story is to good for them to quit and abandon us now.
Dec 17, 2010 12:05 PM

May 2010
Uh... I dont like a open endings >_<'
I will hope for a second season.
Dec 17, 2010 12:11 PM

Jul 2008
8th_Sin said:

How did the rating go up after this? It's going to be known as The Legend of Legendary Crap unless they make a sequel that isn't a cheesefest like this one -_-;

I agree..
Dec 17, 2010 12:17 PM

Aug 2010
Meh, an open ending?
All in all the episode was good. Heck, the entire show was good, but if they're leaving an open ending like this, they didn't do anything...
Ended up giving an 8/10...
Dec 17, 2010 12:21 PM

Jul 2010
ahmm... lame?
Dec 17, 2010 12:35 PM
Jan 2009
Jesus Christ that was dreadful. This series started out pretty good and over the last few episodes has completely turned to shit. Jumping the Shark isn't even the phrase for just how bad the latter half or so has been, and the ending borders on Gainax End territory. Screw this show, easily one of the worst shows airing this season.
Dec 17, 2010 12:39 PM

Jul 2010
8th_Sin said:

This show was a complete mess and got worse and worse instead of improving. I too find it ridiculous for the rating to suddenly skyrocket.
Dec 17, 2010 1:05 PM

Aug 2010
Well, if there is a second season then this season was good, but if there isn't...

Still, it was a pretty cool show.
Dec 17, 2010 1:07 PM

Dec 2008
OMG!! This final ep sucked big stinking rotten eggs!!
I demand a second season!!!
Dec 17, 2010 1:12 PM

Jul 2007
feels like the series is supposed to start now... this ep felt so detached from the previous episodes... :/
Dec 17, 2010 1:23 PM

Dec 2009
Really was a good anime, hope for a season 2
Loved the beginning part and the fighting part in the beginning, was so badass
Dec 17, 2010 1:23 PM

Dec 2009
Really was a good anime, hope for a season 2
Loved the beginning part and the fighting part in the beginning, was so badass
Dec 17, 2010 1:33 PM

Jul 2010
Spar said:
8th_Sin said:

This show was a complete mess and got worse and worse instead of improving. I too find it ridiculous for the rating to suddenly skyrocket.

The rating probably went up cauz the anime is now marked as complete. The ratings of the persons who haven't seen 1/3 of the anime aren't counting anymore so if they dropped it at episode 5 (for example) and gave the anime a 6 that 6 doesn't count anymore... that's why.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nooooooooo it's over! This anime had the best magic éver :D All the other kinda magic isn't as epic as this one ^^

I really loved this anime but it was too confusing at the end, what was that scene that Ryner woke Sion up? Was that a flashback? A inprented memorie? A dream?

Poor lonesome demon, he's being used by the dark hero (or what his name is) but he wasn't mad at him :(

I really hope they'll make a second season, this kinda endings just asks for a sequel! It would be so awesome if there would be a second season but for now all I can do is hope I guess..
Dec 17, 2010 1:37 PM
Nov 2008
&^$###@%u#$e^&@$%@%# GIVE ME SECOND SEASON NAO!!! *.*
Dec 17, 2010 2:00 PM

Mar 2009
meh

6/10
Dec 17, 2010 2:12 PM

May 2010
Oosran said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Come on, give us a second season already Zexcs, please? Pretty please?
I mean, this is were the really fun stuff begins after all.
Seriously, NOW, do want. Second season. OOOOAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHH

>LOLH's score = 8.11

P.S. Ferris' new clothes~ <3

Daidenyuden? whats that, the sequel of the novel?
Dec 17, 2010 2:14 PM

Nov 2008
I'm sorry, but no, this was not epic. I was expecting a definitive battle, not "it's not time yet," and then that open ending, ugh. I also feel like that opening should have been at the beginning of the series as a prologue of sorts, without using Ryner's and Sion's voices. It would have been better than that random first episode. -_-

Sorry, I'm ranting. Honestly, I did enjoy this show, but it felt like it couldn't decide what kind of show it wanted to be, and once it did, the show was over. If a second season comes out to resolve the plot points, I'll watch it. If not, it was fun, but I won't miss this show much.

7/10
Dec 17, 2010 3:35 PM

Jan 2009
TrueUchiha said:
Oosran said:
Daidenyuden? whats that, the sequel of the novel?
That would be the sequel novel, yes.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 17, 2010 3:51 PM

Apr 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I can't believe its over... Must. Have. Moar.

Epic character developement is epic.
Dec 17, 2010 3:51 PM

Apr 2010
This ending clearly suggests a second season so many questions are still unanswered and the story is still incomplete.
This anime has been very good and had some amazing episodes.
I honestly can't wait for the second season.

I have always been cheering for Roland but after this episode i have to say that i am rooting more for Gastark now with Sion's current behavior.
Sure the leader of Gastark is no angel but he is a lot better personality wise then Sion now is.
It really seems like Sion has snapped the passed few episodes.
He started of as a well doing person at the starts of the Anime and slowly became more corrupted more in despair, i guess being king is a great burden.

I am also wondering who Keifer is currently sided with she was always willing to help Ryner at all costs but now the leader of Gastark is involved with her.
Dec 17, 2010 4:59 PM

Nov 2007
I'm giving it a 9 but it should be a 8.5 at least. Ryner is still awesome. disappointed he didn't get to meet Kiefer. how can Claugh, Milk and the others go along with Demon King Sion and his forbidden army? what's Tiir up to? am I supposed to cheer Gastark on to whoop on Sion?

there had better be a 2nd season. too much unanswered, too much potential. very open ending.

to sum up everything: 2nd season PLEASE.
Dec 17, 2010 5:00 PM

Sep 2009
Hey don't stop there! Don't I beg of you! Don't.....!!!!!! *cries*

Finally the score is 8.00+ *sighs*

Totally 10/10.
Why? Because it delivered everything that I wanted (though the only thing it didn't give me is 24+ episode *hmph*).
-gore
-epic action scenes
-Izuchi XD
-tragedy
-amazing characters except Milk of course
-humor
-amazing dialogues
-more fan service than Urabuko could ever deliver.
- non cliche/fairytale ending.
-Tiir *nosebleed*

Loved it.
So how long before the 2nd season?....and the novels aren't translated are they? It has become a basic necessity to read Japanese now.
Dec 17, 2010 5:09 PM

Sep 2009
i know we're supposed to wait for the other two volumes to come out to complete the daiden novel, before we get a confirmation weather or not they will animate that one as well, and deliver the second season, but my body can't wait till then.

legendary show is legendary...def one of the best magic type shows I've seen....But I'd wish if Ryner would change his offensive spell arsenal every now and then...and no, I'm not talking about when he's in god mode, but when he's his usual self.

Way too much Izuchi.

So the final two volumes will come out next year, so by september we should know if they intend to make a sequel or not

As for the daiden novel, some of it has been translated. You guys can read what's been translated by visiting this link

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Densetsu_no_Y%C5%ABsha_no_Densetsu
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Second season of The Legend of the Legendary Heroes/Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu ( 1 2 )

EsPwnage - Mar 31, 2012

64 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 15, 9:02 PM

» What is the point of making Ferris so annoying?

CrackerSnatcher - Apr 19, 2020

11 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Apr 30, 2023 5:54 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MorningGlory - Nov 4, 2010

104 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 9, 2022 10:29 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 8, 2010

100 by DKDiabloLicht »»
Aug 18, 2021 8:56 PM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Oosran - Nov 18, 2010

96 by Bananarama_ »»
Apr 16, 2021 4:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.