Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 16, 2010 9:29 PM

Dec 2010
Aww... TohruxRitsuko was definitely one of my favorite couple now >.<
Dec 16, 2010 10:44 PM
Sep 2010
shadowii said:
Superluccix said:
Man, Shiki has become one incredibly epic anime.

However I do feel for Sunako though. If the only way to stay alive is to feed, then shit you gotta feed.

However I still think she could have orchestrated a plan where as every night a Shiki would get its feed from another person, instead of the same person every night, therefore no one would likely die. And they could live somewhat normally.

However I understand that trying to do that plan would probably be extremely hard.

So yea, I feel for both sides. I hope Sunako, Tatsumi, Kirishiki, and Mr. Muroi live. Maybe to just escape and live somewhere happily ever after. Since the only one who would need blood would be Sunako, and Im sure they could work something out with just the 4 of them

Kirishi who? You mean Seishirou?

No I meant The head of the Kirishiki family
Dec 16, 2010 10:48 PM

Oct 2008
Awww...Ritsuko and Tohru were cute together as usual.

I feel sorry for Sunako :(
Dec 16, 2010 10:52 PM

Jul 2007
Epic-beard guy doesnt mess around lol

I wonder if Tohru really died.
After all the bro-love I thought Natsuno would be the one to put him out of his misery lol
Dec 16, 2010 10:59 PM

Feb 2010
ShadowGilgamesh said:
i'd say this ep proves the humans are worse than the Shiki, at least THEY didn't kill any of their own.

This isn't a valid argument.... the HUMANS killed another human who was possessed (BY A SHIKI) and was out of control. They killed in self defense. The shiki are using that human to get to the humans... the shiki are just as conniving and bad. That human wouldn't have died w/o shiki involvement. Thus, its the shiki's fault he's dead.. not humans.

Also, there have been instances where shiki say... "I'd better listen to Tatsumi or I'm dead..." to that extent. I'm sure a shiki has killed a shiki... but he/she has every right to if someones attacking them. It f'in self defense!

Further proof...

shadowii said:

It was explained that a severe punishement for disobeying the kirishiki inculdes death by being tied to a tree and burning to death in the sun
(Tohru thinks about how he was forced to drag one of the charred bodies for burial)

So yeah...
MusashiRoseDec 16, 2010 11:02 PM
Dec 16, 2010 11:20 PM

Jul 2010
Superluccix said:
shadowii said:
Superluccix said:
So yea, I feel for both sides. I hope Sunako, Tatsumi, Kirishiki, and Mr. Muroi live.

Kirishi who? You mean Seishirou?

No I meant The head of the Kirishiki family

Uhh... Seishirou Kirishiki pretty much is the outward head of the family. The actual head of the family would be Sunako.

Ribbit said:
I'm surprised how composed Ozaki is, though.

I know, me too! First he experiments upon his wife, then he leads the villagers through a slaughter, and then his mother is killed and he's just all, "Oh, okay." I find it kind of funny, actually. Toshio is so awesome. XD
Dec 16, 2010 11:47 PM

Apr 2010
what a eye-opening way to start an episode.. love all the blood bath in this episode, good thing they didn't hold back on it.. XD

seriously, that big bearded guy is super OP, no wonder Atsushi is afraid of him to death.. >.<

a little scene for Yuuki to act cool isn't enough, needs more action from him.. and why did they cut that scene too, always with the cliffhanger.. =/

and why does the only person I want dead in Shiki just won't DIE!! curious who it is?? clue: 'fugly nurse' orz

also, hope the villagers doesn't watch K-ON or they might discover the Shikis from Sakuragaoka Girls High..
Dec 16, 2010 11:57 PM

Dec 2007
Great to see the series go even further in shedding a light on moral relativity. Fantastic episode. Each species is fighting for survival. That's all it comes down to.
Dec 17, 2010 12:11 AM

Nov 2007
despite them trying.... I don't feel bad for the shiki at all and want them exterminated. Ozaki if anyone isn't the anti hero, it's the villagers. Ozaki does NOT want them to become murderers and kill the humans who are hypnotized but the others have no way of confirming the hypnosis.

Natsuno appeared briefly.... but he'll need to do more to fight Tatsumi. yeah I believe he did like Ritsuko but you have to respect her for refusing to become a murderous shiki. what happens to Kirishiki? did they catch him? where's Megumi and the weirdo?

wow I really don't see how they can end this in 2 episodes.

I still absolutely hate Muroi. cowardly monk. there's no way this ends without a huge amount of bloodshed, as there has already been so much killing on both sides. I jyst want Muroi, and Tatsumi to get it the most. oh and the creepy fuck who was hanging around Megumi.
Dec 17, 2010 12:34 AM

Apr 2009
Body cont is upped dramatically. I was kind of doubting this could be resolved in two, episodes, but now I think it could (although I wouldn't complain about a cliffhanger if it was shortly followed by the announcement of a second season.)

It's hard to feel too much sympathy for the Shiki but you have to appreciate how well rounded each side feels in this struggle. Not everyone's a monster with a blood lust but we've seen both side has some of those.
Dec 17, 2010 2:08 AM

Nov 2007
They want us feel bad for the shiki...but i definitely do not feel bad for them.Beetches deserves to be dead.
Also,i think they would be able to manage to live even without killing people and turning them into bloodlusting monsters...so no friggin sympathy here.

Ritsuko is very honorable woman.If everyone was like her...
Dec 17, 2010 2:33 AM

Jul 2008
So bloody... Ozaki looks badass as usual in the bloody lab coat, but everyone else kinda freaks me out. >_>;
Still dying to know what happened to Akira and his sister.
(◕ᴥ◕し)むにゅ〜
Dec 17, 2010 3:07 AM

Feb 2010
crazy ep the village ppl going nuts.
Dec 17, 2010 4:27 AM

Nov 2008
Yes! A scene I was looking for for so long <3 Ah, the vampire romance. So sweet (that even background melted).

The hunt became more of a war than I even expected. Doc is such a BAMF. And Gackt is babbling nonsense (but Natsuno appeared )
Dec 17, 2010 4:30 AM
Oct 2010
MusashiRose said:

This isn't a valid argument.... the HUMANS killed another human who was possessed (BY A SHIKI) and was out of control. They killed in self defense. The shiki are using that human to get to the humans... the shiki are just as conniving and bad. That human wouldn't have died w/o shiki involvement. Thus, its the shiki's fault he's dead.. not humans.

Also, there have been instances where shiki say... "I'd better listen to Tatsumi or I'm dead..." to that extent. I'm sure a shiki has killed a shiki... but he/she has every right to if someones attacking them. It f'in self defense!

Further proof...

shadowii said:

It was explained that a severe punishement for disobeying the kirishiki inculdes death by being tied to a tree and burning to death in the sun
(Tohru thinks about how he was forced to drag one of the charred bodies for burial)

So yeah...

I was kinda also thinking the humans went too far, as to kill one of their own. But after I read what you wrote I see that I was wrong and I agree with your statement.
Dec 17, 2010 5:15 AM

Jun 2010
44 people loved it. WOW

This anime is getting really interesting and exciting. But thinking of the previous eps before 18, which is 1~17 it was just so so. Not so great and slow paced story. Wouldn't it be great if Tatsumi just go outside the village and then bite bunch of people and control them to attack this village ? So he is this werewolf thing with yellow eye. He can walk in the morning and nobody would think he is shiki. Only the doctor knows him. Tatsumi would bite 20 people and attack the village at once then it's game over. Plus he and that (Yoshie) yellow eyed girl is 2~3 times stronger. They could take out that barbaric grandpa. lol And Seishirou could shoot from range.

And after all seems like Sunako is gonna die as I wished. lol Now that her annoying dance and talk is gone I feel sorry. lol I wished the people would just finish the shiki already but this is just too easy. Now I'm in shiki's side. =D Also don't want this anime to end so...

Maybe that nurse will understand by the dramatic show they showed and hide Tohru and Midori. They will be like the only survivors in the show when it ends. lol

Btw who the hell is hayami the chocolate bar clown ? Is he shiki ?

I think Seishirou is the original vampire. =D

In the preview for ep.21, was that Muroi becoming Jinro ? (Werwolf?)

(Yes I searched for the names...=D )

I loved how the eye just splashed by the sunlight and it continued to the opening.

That barbarian grandpa did it ! He is so barbaric ! He is now a murderer. But thinking that person will eventually turn shiki, he is also to be killed. I wonder if the doctor should also die.

It would be interesting if that grandpa got bitten then the villagers tries to kill him but then now he is afraid of getting killed, he attacks the villagers.

Yoshie can runaway and live forever if she wanted. Do werewolfs also have no heartbeats ? If they are exactly like human she could never be caught.
pieceofshotaDec 17, 2010 5:21 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2010 5:28 AM

Jan 2009
Black_wind said:
They want us feel bad for the shiki...but i definitely do not feel bad for them.Beetches deserves to be dead.

This. The whole oh-those-poor-shiki-but-they-don't-have-a-choice facade is not gonna work.
Dec 17, 2010 5:32 AM

Jul 2008
pieceofshota said:

He explicitly stated in this episode that he is human but wants to be a vampire. How can he be the "original" vampire then if he's currently human?
Dec 17, 2010 5:40 AM

Jun 2010
entropy13 said:
pieceofshota said:

He explicitly stated in this episode that he is human but wants to be a vampire. How can he be the "original" vampire then if he's currently human?

You're right. But he could be faking ? umm...lol maybe not.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2010 5:47 AM

Feb 2008
I don't feel sorry for Sunako, she had it comming. I still don't understand why she had to kill for food. A Shiki drains 1/3 of the blood, why not attack one human once? They don't have to kill them, but they chose to do so.
Dec 17, 2010 6:15 AM

Jan 2009
MusashiRose said:

ShadowGilgamesh said:
i'd say this ep proves the humans are worse than the Shiki, at least THEY didn't kill any of their own.

This isn't a valid argument.... the HUMANS killed another human who was possessed (BY A SHIKI) and was out of control. They killed in self defense.

It's not legitimate self-defense to kill a captured man who has lost fighting capability. it's complete excessive self-defense. They just needed to tie him up and imprison somewhere.

well, it (to hypnotize humans and order them to raid) is necessary and efficient for shiki side to fight against hunters and to survive.
Dec 17, 2010 6:40 AM
Dec 2009
ShadowGilgamesh said:
i'd say this ep proves the humans are worse than the Shiki, at least THEY didn't kill any of their own. Even when Natsuno got his ass kicked by Tatsumi they didn't
No. Humans are not worse than shiki. Humans have a finite life so they're part of the natural food chain. When they die they provide food for other organisms. Shiki deserve to die because they don't fit in with nature. They live infinitely, they can grow their numbers at an astounding pace. If they were to truly exist they would eventually overpopulate the world and they would outnumber their food supply unless they artificially restrict their own numbers. It's absurd that their food can become one of them. Obviously the population will continue to grow and humans will dwindle. Sunako says is her existence wrong, it is obviously wrong. She has to starve to death. If she participates in the food chain and says humans also eats cows so why is it wrong to eat humans, then she can't complain when the humans kick her ass, defending your own ass is just natural. Basically there's no way to sustain a shiki race since they will run out of food unless they start killing themselves to limit their numbers. Jinrou on the other hand seem like they can fit in since they can eat food too.
Dec 17, 2010 6:44 AM
Dec 2010
^
kill all humans, survive

I love how everyone (in the anime too) goes into lines of who is shiki and who is human

when in reality 90% of those shiki are sabato's own citizens who rose and then got used to killing people they've lived with their whole lives pretty quickly. (without the excuse that those they kill are already dead)

Its so ironic that the one Shiki who activly fought against those that killed him and is protecting the village is the human who hated it in the first place
Dec 17, 2010 7:35 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
HigurashiCries said:
Black_wind said:

This. The whole oh-those-poor-shiki-but-they-don't-have-a-choice facade is not gonna work.

No matter how many times I encourage people to watch this more impartially, it seems it always fails. Unfortunately, people are blinded by the "us-vs-them" ideology (both the shiki and the humans). But seeing viewers' reaction in the forums, it seems humanity still has a long way to go....

Muroi haters never understood Muroi's character (and his views on death) in the first place.

MusashiRose said:

I can't believe people actually believe this twisted logic? Do they have to kill the hypnotized human? They can't subdue it? This just shows they have gone way overboard in their witch hunt. The hypnotized humans can be saved simply by killing all the shikis....

Blaming entirely the shiki is exactly the kind of reasoning how many wars in the modern world is "justified". A bit like how some Japanese "justified" the Nanking Massacre (there were Chinese soldiers hidden in the civilians, therefore kill them all. The children and women can also be soldiers so let's not take risk It's self-defense anyway) Sure, anything the humans do is justified as self-defense. Then, anything the shiki did would be for their survival. We need impartial judgment on this, not the type of extremism of "let's exterminate them all!" (from both the shiki and humans)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 17, 2010 7:52 AM

Jul 2008
pieceofshota said:
entropy13 said:
pieceofshota said:

You're right. But he could be faking ? umm...lol maybe not.

Him being human is important for the coming episodes. You'll know why.

shadowii said:
Its so ironic that the one Shiki who activly fought against those that killed him and is protecting the village is the human who hated it in the first place

Nope, he wasn't killed.
Dec 17, 2010 7:54 AM

Jun 2010
Arguing just sucks. Let's just stick to the fun easy facts. Yeah just like the villagers saying "That's weird." and doing nothing. lol =D We all had enough stress in real life. Why have more while watching anime ? It's FUN TIME !
Dec 17, 2010 8:01 AM
Aug 2009
The Shiki killed humans to survive. And now the humans are killing the Shiki to survive. It's all down to their survival instincts. I don't think either side is truly "wrong".
Dec 17, 2010 8:05 AM

Dec 2008
Right now I am in love with Shiki. I haven't been so excited for an anime in a long time.

The blood bath madness and moral dilemmas are great!
Dec 17, 2010 8:33 AM

Jul 2008
Kanade-chan said:
I feel so sorry for Sunako-chan ;__;

Exactly. ;__;

Bura said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:
That was sweet.... didn't he have a crush on her before he died?

Yup. Tohru admitted in episode 4 (I believe) that he wanted to go on a date with her to Natsuno. She was also teaching him how to drive before he died. Anyway, he died before he could go on a date with her.

Now we know that the crush was mutual.

Tohru's feelings are certain from the very start, yes. But I still can't say it's mutual too though.
Dec 17, 2010 8:35 AM
Dec 2009
wakka9ca said:
HigurashiCries said:
Black_wind said:

No matter how many times I encourage people to watch this more impartially, it seems it always fails. Unfortunately, people are blinded by the "us-vs-them" ideology (both the shiki and the humans). But seeing viewers' reaction in the forums, it seems humanity still has a long way to go....

Muroi haters never understood Muroi's character (and his views on death) in the first place.

You're wrong wakka9ca, this isn't about "us vs them" mentality. You think you're being impartial? Naive. I already mentioned why the existence of shiki is a problem. The humans are right the blame shiki, they are something that shouldn't exist. What kind of creature can't live under the sun? One that shouldn't exist. It's as unnatural and bizarre of a creature as it gets. What kind of creature never dies? Again bizarre. What kind of creature regenerates instantly and are immune to diseases? bizzare. The anime is created trying to appeal to the feelings of humans, so it makes sense that the responses here take the viewpoints of humans since that's what we are.

Besides what's your view? Seeing as though you're impartial do you believe that Shiki shouldn't be hunted by humans? Are you saying humans should just sit back and let themselves be hunted? That's not how it works in the world. Most species especially humans are self-serving, they will act on their instincts and when humans feel threatened they will eliminate the threat if they can. So then why shouldn't humans blame shiki for their qualms? Had shiki not existed they would be able to live uncontested.

MusashiRose said:

I can't believe people actually believe this twisted logic? Do they have to kill the hypnotized human? They can't subdue it? This just shows they have gone way overboard in their witch hunt. The hypnotized humans can be saved simply by killing all the shikis....

Blaming entirely the shiki is exactly the kind of reasoning how many wars in the modern world is "justified". A bit like how some Japanese "justified" the Nanking Massacre (there were Chinese soldiers hidden in the civilians, therefore kill them all. The children and women can also be soldiers so let's not take risk It's self-defense anyway) Sure, anything the humans do is justified as self-defense. Then, anything the shiki did would be for their survival. We need impartial judgment on this, not the type of extremism of "let's exterminate them all!" (from both the shiki and humans)

Wars are never justified. Of course people will attempt to rationalise their actions to minimise their sense of guilt, everyone does this even on a subconscious level. Although people have differing opinions i believe wars are as a result of greed and prejudice. We as humans are able to empathise with other humans, but even so that doesn't stop some people from knowingly hurting others for their own benefit and beliefs. The human race is not an entirely harmonious one. However when it comes to shiki, okay they act for their survival. That makes sense. But then why do they empathise with humans? why do they question their own deeds? Do humans question themselves when they feed on potatoes and other livestock? This is because shiki were once human and they understand that they are an unnatural existence.

I for one think the shiki's actions are very understandable given their need to live, but being killed by humans is also given. Even when humans or other predators hunt, prey will attempt to escape or threaten the predator out of their territory. Humans hunting shiki doesn't need justification, it's the most logical act. Shiki don't have to justify themselves in hunting humans either but they try to do so in the anime. This is wrong. They shouldn't have to justify their actions. Justice applies in the human world, not in the shiki world, they are humane no longer. People will attempt to justify themselves when killing other humans because they know its not acceptable by society, and they do it from their own will, even though this act is not neceessary. Why then do humans have to justify themselves when killing shiki? Are they human? No. Should they even exist? No. Is this act necessary? Yes for survival.

Sunako trying to justify her actions is stupid. She can't say its unfair for humans to want to fight for their own survival and wish for her to die. No one chooses to become what they are, and from the viewpoint of humans she must die. She is conflicted by what humans think, she is a being that can't exist alongside humans yet she wants humans to accept her like seishirou? pathetic. Muroi and seishirou are pathetic. Siding with the species that hunts on your own? that's illogical. As far as i'm concerned Sunako still has the heart of a human. A real shiki wouldn't be concerned about what humans think. Natsuno is admirable, even though hes a jinrou since he was once human he can understand people and also understands the role of shiki.
Dec 17, 2010 9:17 AM
Nov 2008
I'm confused. Is Seishirou human or a werewolf? I thought he was one of the 4 werewolves, but they keep referring to him as a human. Tatsumi and Natsuno are never referred to as humans. What's the deal?
Dec 17, 2010 10:11 AM

Dec 2008
Iilia said:
Dude, that's gotta suck having your eyes burned out by the sun. What a rude awakening for that guy. And that was all just crazy, dude! Blood everywhere, dragging out the Shiki from their hiding places... it just reminded me of exterminators removing vermin from a house.

Atsushi's dad is like a greek god the way he's swinging around that hammer of his and passing judgment. Loved the part where he killed his own kid.

Ritsuko's still not drinking blood, and she even managed to get Tohru to let that woman go. She seriously deserves some respect for what she's going through. I wonder how their deaths will come about? Those two shiki I'm definitely going to feel sorry for.

And then we have Sunako, who just comes up with every justification and excuse in the world. I can't wait for her and Seishin to die. Seishin's even worse than Sunako.

The look on Toshio's face at the end there kind of read, "Oh crap, I've desensitized the entire village now." They go from one extreme to the other. First they don't want to believe the shiki exist, and now they're out in mobs looking for blood. Still, you can't really blame them.

Every episode just keeps getting better.

You said everything that I wanted to say! LOL!!
Ookawa is NO JOKE!!! He could probably wipe all the shiki out of the village by himself.
Dec 17, 2010 10:27 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
blue001 said:

You're wrong wakka9ca, this isn't about "us vs them" mentality. You think you're being impartial? Naive. I already mentioned why the existence of shiki is a problem. The humans are right the blame shiki, they are something that shouldn't exist. What kind of creature can't live under the sun? One that shouldn't exist. It's as unnatural and bizarre of a creature as it gets. What kind of creature never dies? Again bizarre. What kind of creature regenerates instantly and are immune to diseases? bizzare. The anime is created trying to appeal to the feelings of humans, so it makes sense that the responses here take the viewpoints of humans since that's what we are.

You have no right to judge whether they should exist or not. There is nothing more subjective than what is "natural" or not.

My view is perfectly neutral. I don't side with anyone. Shiki hunts humans and humans hunt Shiki is something that naturally comes by as a result of their conflicting existence. But I'm kinda annoyed by the fact that most people always consider humans more important than anything else. That is where the biasing comes into play. It is not enough to only consider the human race as standard.

But then, the humans killing humans hypnotized by shiki is something to frown upon. The shiki are no better, but I'm annoyed that the viewers automatically justify every action the humans make.

blue001 said:

Why then do humans have to justify themselves when killing shiki? Are they human? No. Should they even exist? No. Is this act necessary? Yes for survival.

Again, you consider human to be most important thing here. It's not an impartial view. Both sides are acting for their survival like you said. To think Muroi and Seishiro are pathetic because they betrayed their kind is not justified because they made their own choice. There nothing pathetic about that.

blue001 said:

Besides what's your view? Seeing as though you're impartial do you believe that Shiki shouldn't be hunted by humans? Are you saying humans should just sit back and let themselves be hunted? That's not how it works in the world. Most species especially humans are self-serving, they will act on their instincts and when humans feel threatened they will eliminate the threat if they can. So then why shouldn't humans blame shiki for their qualms? Had shiki not existed they would be able to live uncontested.

Once again, my view is always neutral since it does not concern me (which in fact, doesn't). The way I go through any literature (anime, books, etc) is that I remove myself completely from it. I cannot judge. Therefore I am perfectly immune with spoilers. Even by knowing the exact outcome of the story, I am still interested by the process. I merely observe so I never side with anyone. I'm taking that kind of POV. Not sure you can understand my strange philosophy and views.

And yea, that's only true for my view on the story but not in real life. Otherwise, I would not be posting this reply. And I'm not saying you're wrong. Believe in what you believe in, but I'm pointing out some of my views to try to influence others into thinking outside the box. Sorry no time to elaborate more.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 17, 2010 10:34 AM
Dec 2010
In the last few minutes my favorite aspect of vampirism at work:
She’s my mother, he’s my best friend, I’ve known that guy for forty years he’s a saint. Suddenly they die and come as something that will kill me if they get the chance.
Everyone here is debating between whether humans or shiki should win. But unlike regular wars everyone in this battle (on both sides) knows who they’re staking or drinking. Thats scary, thats insanity,
how can you trust anyone if even your own family is trying to kill you?
If someone you trusted as a friend killed your son?
Ookawa watches his son become a slasher, then he see’s his friend shoot at him and kill Atsuko. Add to this the fact that they were already shot at today by a very much in his right mind human.

The fear and paranoia has sunk in, and now its like everyone who tries to kill me must be killed, no matter who they are. And that madness is gonna get worse.

For me the question is not wheter the shiki or humans will win Sabato (it looks to me like the Kirishiki's plan has pretty much failed if Tatsumi is trying to get Sunako out of there), for me the question is will there BE a Sabato when this over.
shadowiiDec 17, 2010 10:51 AM
Dec 17, 2010 10:47 AM

Mar 2010
now i am a shiki supporter. they should have converted more people earlier, like Sir Big Fat beard. Then they can overpower toshio and his revolution later.
Geso
-----:D
Dec 17, 2010 10:56 AM
Dec 2010
dewert said:
now i am a shiki supporter. they should have converted more people earlier, like Sir Big Fat beard. Then they can overpower toshio and his revolution later.

Actually the manga went into detail why that did not happen (It chronicles Atsushi's early actions as a shiki and why a murderous blunder on his part caused his house to remain secure against shiki and thus his father was never bitten)
shadowiiDec 17, 2010 11:06 AM
Dec 17, 2010 11:10 AM

Dec 2007
Jaymie said:
The Shiki killed humans to survive. And now the humans are killing the Shiki to survive. It's all down to their survival instincts. I don't think either side is truly "wrong".
Hooray! Someone else gets it.

Arguing over which side is "evil" is pretty misguided, since the two parallel eachother so much. This just simply goes back to survival, particularly natural selection and "survival of the fittest".
Dec 17, 2010 11:12 AM
Jun 2010
The conflict turned into a war of survival. When there are two species unable to coexist one of them will inevitably be destroyed or enslaved. For shikis humans are what cows are to us, yet naturally many of them retain ties to their pasts and feel bad about killing humans. From their own perspectives each species has the right to kill for their continued existence. Then again both species are intelligent, so other more peaceful solutions might be possible.

For a neutral bystander neither is more right or wrong, if you feel shikis are more valuable than humans shouldn't the shikis prosper and the humans die?

Problem with the shikis is that they are parasitic by nature and cannot survive without humans. Its rather non optimal to rely on highly intelligent and self-conscious creatures for sustenance and procreation. And then of course shikis don't follow the laws of nature. They are in many ways abominations when compared to other living creatures. Maybe that isn't an issue, but at least not dying naturally will probably create problems in the long run.

So there are some logical and unbiased reasons why humans should be preferred over the shiki. Although optimally humans should spare at least a few for scientific purposes.

As for the episode... awesome stuff.
MagebaneDec 17, 2010 11:20 AM
Dec 17, 2010 11:12 AM

Sep 2010
This is da SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta love BLOOD...............................
Dec 17, 2010 11:23 AM

Jul 2008
Jaymie said:

Nope. The shiki kill humans to survive. The humans who CHOOSE to kill the shiki choose to do so; those who don't, doesn't necessarily die. The humans have a choice; the shiki don't. That difference....makes all the difference.
Dec 17, 2010 11:35 AM
Dec 2010
entropy13 said:
Jaymie said:

Nope. The shiki kill humans to survive. The humans who CHOOSE to kill the shiki choose to do so; those who don't, doesn't necessarily die. The humans have a choice; the shiki don't. That difference....makes all the difference.

actually the ones who chose not to might be dieing anyway
Mattsu was one of the guys who tried to escape the village if he was attacked, its not out there to wonder if the other's (including Tohru's family) were also

and the shiki do have choice to, they could follow Ritsu
Dec 17, 2010 11:42 AM

Oct 2007
To think that it only took me a couple minutes to make me feel the character and story of Ritsuko but it took me for hours to watch Twilight movie and I still don't get anything from the movie.

wakka9ca said:
Well, if they still keep the idea "we human should take human side" as their view point then his character and his views are meaningless to them or they don't even care to begin with.

@wakka9ca: At least a person like you exists here.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 17, 2010 12:11 PM

Aug 2008
I know I would be sorry if Mr Ookawa ever dies. I enjoy his sheer brute force in dealing with Shiki.

Hats off to Ritsuko. It takes a lot of determination and mental strength to do what she did.
Dec 17, 2010 12:30 PM

Nov 2009
I have to say they don't censor anything which makes this really enjoyable. This isn't just any old vampire elimination; I feel sympathy for both sides, and there is a lot of realistic portrayal of emotions... except for that giant santa guy... he is insane.

They are literally throwing bodies at the hunters (10/10)
Dec 17, 2010 12:41 PM

Oct 2010
darkerealm said:

Hats off to Ritsuko. It takes a lot of determination and mental strength to do what she did.

Agree, she is clearly demonstrating that there was a choice to just stay dead.
This ep was amazing. I was kind of hoping the monk would stab the girl while she was crying or give her the choice. I think it would be better than having an angry mob drag her and then do it.
I'm really looking forward to see any of the werewolfs do something more, maybe a fight or something on that style.
huh?
Dec 17, 2010 12:49 PM

Aug 2008
This show is boring as hell. The more Sunako cried the more I wished her a painfull death.
Dec 17, 2010 1:14 PM

Oct 2009
entropy13 said:
Jaymie said:

Humans will die if they don't kill Shiki. Think on a larger scale, if no one retaliated against Shiki-s right now, they would conquer entire cities and ultimately lead to the eradication of the human race. Humans are living beings, while Shikis aren't.

Also, see the order of what happened. Shikis were the ones who first attacked humans. Humans are just fighting back. They would never have bothered with Shikis if they weren't attacked. See Natsuno... Ozaki never killed him because Natsuno refuses to drink blood. So really, all the fault belongs to Shikis, no matter how you think of it.
Dec 17, 2010 1:15 PM

Dec 2007
I would never expect someone who has Go Nagai on their "Favorite People" list to like Shiki, so that is to be expected. They're like polar opposites in terms of storytelling.
Dec 17, 2010 2:37 PM

Aug 2009
I side with the humans if for no other reason than should they exterminate all the shiki, theoretically the killing should stop. Yes, the shiki kill to survive but it has already been shown that they kidnap people from outside the village to sustain their increasing numbers, a practice that would only increase if they continue to grow unchecked. Granted, humans aren't saints or anything but at least murder isn't their most basic survival instinct.
Ha-cha!
Dec 17, 2010 3:41 PM

Feb 2010
The best way I can describe this episode is that it was very powerful.

The killings throughout the episode were very extreme and graphic. Such as the Shiki begging for there lives at the beginning, being burned alive by the sun, female Shiki begging for them to stop. That whole bit i was so shocked!

Then part with Ooka killing his own son....just wow!

Violence aside the scene with Nurse Shiki fighting her insane hunger and the scene with Sunako talking about her cursed fate were really emotional

Probably my favorite episode so far and I think Shiki will be my number 1 anime for 2010.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.